Simple Questions/Requests - Mark 39 (Minor Pokemon Trades, Item Requests etc GO HERE) (NO HACKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most Scizor nowadays are Mega. It's perfectly viable without Band or Mega though. SpDef Scizor is a pretty good Defogger--Band is what it did last gen, but obviously, the meta has changed a lot, and so has Scizor's role.
Alright so if I decide to run an Ev spread of like 248 HP, 96 Atk, 164 Sp Def, what would a good item be for him? Considering hes adamant

Yeaa one item clause. Is Scizor still viable without choice band? I thought that was like his thing? I really like the extra power, and then I can invest more Evs defensively
Well, you could try iron plate. While not boosting superpower or u-turn, it does boost bullet punch an extra 20%, which will still sting. Other than that, maybe sitrus berry or lum berry? Idk, not many options outside of mega/CB/lefties.

Well, you could try iron plate. While not boosting superpower or u-turn, it does boost bullet punch an extra 20%, which will still sting. Other than that, maybe sitrus berry or lum berry? Idk, not many options outside of mega/CB/lefties.
Aah I really want to run Choice Band, but more than a few people think its bad to use with defog. I dont mind considering Scizor is rarely in for more than one turn anyway outside of mega form. Cant decide between what item and what EVS to focus on

Aah I really want to run Choice Band, but more than a few people think its bad to use with defog. I dont mind considering Scizor is rarely in for more than one turn anyway outside of mega form. Cant decide between what item and what EVS to focus on
Well, generally the choice item to run on a mon with Defog would be a choice scarf (examples:NU; braviary, pidgeot). But seeing as how choice scarf scizor is probably crap (although, tbh I got a little curious and am deciding to test out a CS set on showdown XD) and how you already have a choice scarfer on your team if I remember correctly, then CS scizor is definitely not a good idea. I personally would go mega, but it your poke so in the end, it's all up to you :]

You do realize you don't need to run Defog on Scizor, right?
Of course I need to. Charizard Y and Multiscale D-Nite need hazard spin support, and my current team cant learn it, making Scizor the best option. Adding another rapid spinner/ defogger would be dead weight on a hyper offense team like mine

How about running something that gives you a Rock resist, like Excadrill?
Nice call, I have Excadrill on my team right now with rapid spin, but hes too hard to use without sand rush. Base 88 speed on a rather frail spinner is hard to pull off with all his weaknesses. Another question. How awful would it be for me to run Choice Band on a set that has defog for scizor? I figure I can still divi the evs somewhat defensively and use him primarily as an offensive threat/ momentum

EDIT- Forgot to mention im getting rid of Exca for Scizor

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Nice call, I have Excadrill on my team right now with rapid spin, but hes too hard to use without sand rush. Base 88 speed on a rather frail spinner is hard to pull off with all his weaknesses. Another question. How awful would it be for me to run Choice Band on a set that has defog for scizor? I figure I can still divi the evs somewhat defensively and use him primarily as an offensive threat/ momentum

I don't know why you're so insistent on running Defog Scizor, even though just at a glance Rapid Spin Excadrill fulfills a far superior role for your team.

Try claydol

I don't know why you're so insistent on running Defog Scizor, even though just at a glance Rapid Spin Excadrill fulfills a far superior role for your team.
Oh Scizor is Bug Steel which complements my team since I have neither type yet, and Exca is dead weight without Sand rush. I run Mold breaker with either life orb or air balloon, and hes till dead weigh between his fire and water weakness with balloon, and his e-quake vulnerability with life orb.

also hes so slow. To be honest i like scizor to work with my Jolteon to VoltTurn, and Choice Band goes better with Bulletpunch and U-Turn. Figure I have to have defog/ rapid spin somewhere for Char/D-Nite support

It's your lucky day everyone! I've got too many spit backs to count, and I would like to free up some of these boxes. Most of these come with the preferred/standard natures/hidden abilities/egg moves in some cases. I'm going to upload pictures bc there are way too many. Gender choice is yours, but I'm not going to check IV's(most of them are 4+ anyway). You must take at least 3, and I'll trade when I can so please don't rush. Feel free to give me something, but I'm not requiring it.

EDIT: Having trouble with photo sizes. Still want to help you all out. Anyone know where I can upload these pics?

So running Adamant with Superpower, U-Turn, Bulletpunch, and Defog, does everyone think a 252 Atk, 248 HP, 8 Sp def or a 252 HP, 40 Atk, 216 Sp Def spread would be better if I go Choice Band? Just know that second spread is from a set that usually has roost which I will not

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
claydol is good people..and I was totally sarcastic (but it is a rock resist)
Not when your main two Pokemon are already weak to Ttar.
Oh Scizor is Bug Steel which complements my team since I have neither type yet
Just because you don't have Bug/Steel typing at the moment doesn't mean it compliments your team.

and Exca is dead weight without Sand rush.

hes till dead weigh between his fire and water weakness with balloon, and his e-quake vulnerability with life orb.
It doesn't need Sand Rush to perform well, and if you're leaving it on Fire/Water/Ground moves, then yes, it's going to perform badly. Excadrill isn't supposed to be tanking SE moves, or strong neutral ones.

lats

formerly lockiegengar12
Oh Scizor is Bug Steel which complements my team since I have neither type yet, and Exca is dead weight without Sand rush. I run Mold breaker with either life orb or air balloon, and hes till dead weigh between his fire and water weakness with balloon, and his e-quake vulnerability with life orb.

also hes so slow. To be honest i like scizor to work with my Jolteon to VoltTurn, and Choice Band goes better with Bulletpunch and U-Turn. Figure I have to have defog/ rapid spin somewhere for Char/D-Nite support
Just run Scarf Excadrill... even the completed OU analysis runs it with Rapid Spin...

Not when your main two Pokemon are already weak to Ttar.

Just because you don't have Bug/Steel typing at the moment doesn't mean it compliments your team.

It doesn't need Sand Rush to perform well, and if you're leaving it on Fire/Water/Ground moves, then yes, it's going to perform badly. Excadril isn't supposed to be tanking SE moves, or strong neutral ones.
Not leaving it out against fire, water, ground, and strong neutral attacks is incredibly circumstancial, negating his opportunities to actually spin if needed. And without sand rush hes very easy to overwhelm unless he runs assault vest which i think is a gimmick on him.

Scizor compliments my team because I have no fairy counter besides him, he's needed for my VoltTurn tactic, and he offers a strong fighting attack that covers some of my other members wekanesses. I should have mentioned them earlier, but I meant to say that he just goes well with this team overall.

Scarf Exca is not a bad suggestion, but hes dead weight on my team since he offers no realistic offensive threat, and Scarf Chomp wrecks him which ive been running into a lot lately along with other fast threats.

lats

formerly lockiegengar12
Not leaving it out against fire, water, ground, and strong neutral attacks is incredibly circumstancial, negating his opportunities to actually spin if needed. And without sand rush hes very easy to overwhelm unless he runs assault vest which i think is a gimmick on him.

Scizor compliments my team because I have no fairy counter besides him, he's needed for my VoltTurn tactic, and he offers a strong fighting attack that covers some of my other members wekanesses. I should have mentioned them earlier, but I meant to say that he just goes well with this team overall.

Scarf Exca is not a bad suggestion, but hes dead weight on my team since he offers no realistic offensive threat, and Scarf Chomp wrecks him which ive been running into a lot lately along with other fast threats.
Saying Scarf Excadrill has no offensive capabilities is like saying that Kyurem-B's Outrage won't KO a Blissey... he provides an excellent check to like really common Pokemon like Talonflame and Rotom-W. Also, could you please post a list of your team? Asking for endless advice on what to run is kinda redundant if I have no idea what else is on your team. There's probably an overall list spread over several posts, but I can't be bothered looking for that right now.

Saying Scarf Excadrill has no offensive capabilities is like saying that Kyurem-B's Outrage won't KO a Blissey... he provides an excellent check to like really common Pokemon like Talonflame and Rotom-W. Also, could you please post a list of your team? Asking for endless advice on what to run is kinda redundant if I have no idea what else is on your team. There's probably an overall list spread over several posts, but I can't be bothered looking for that right now.
Cmon man Im not asking for endless advice. I asked originally whether choice band is ok on a set with defog, and since then we've just been discussing Scizor and his viable sets/ options. But ok, maybe Exca isnt worthless with scarf, I just meant on my team hes not a big deal considering I already have extremespped d-dance dragonite, and priority from scizor's insane bulletpunch.

Another question, is Breloom still relevant? Poison Heal vs Technician

I'll second this guy. Scarf Drill is not to be underestimated at all. I always prefer to just go 5th gen and run Tar and Sand Rush Drill, but Scarf is still strong. Adamant maxes at 405, and with scarf he out speeds some pretty noteworthy stuff. He can handle a lot of the potent players in OU.

Cmon man Im not asking for endless advice. I asked originally whether choice band is ok on a set with defog, and since then we've just been discussing Scizor and his viable sets/ options. But ok, maybe Exca isnt worthless with scarf, I just meant on my team hes not a big deal considering I already have extremespped d-dance dragonite, and priority from scizor's insane bulletpunch.

Another question, is Breloom still relevant? Poison Heal vs Technician
Breloom' been rising,lately why are you posting here rather than on the. Ou SQ topic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)