Simple Questions/Requests - Mark 49 (Minor Pokemon Trades, Item Requests etc GO HERE) (NO HACKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sondero

Don't you dare say you'd rather lose!
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Moveset for a Trick Room Dialga nowadays?
(note: I haven't tested out Dialga much in Doubles Ubers or played the format much personally, this is just theoretically speaking based of the usage stats, viability rankings and damage calcs)
If it's for doubles, Telepathy is highly recommended over Pressure unless you're 100% sure you don't plan to run any moves like Discharge or Earyhquake on the other Pokemon in the party. Quiet is also the nature of choice where a speed IV of 0 is essential to at least tie with other Groudon and such in Trick Room. For EVs, 252 Sp.A and 252 HP seems good, but I haven't checked to see if shifting some EVs to the defenses would be beneficial. For the item, Adamant Orb, Dragonium Z (if running Draco Meteor), Groundinium Z (if running Earth Power) and Air Balloon all seem like decent options.

Dialga can set Trick Room, so that's a good first move. The rest would probably have to be a combination of Flash Cannon, Earth Power, Fire Blast, Draco Meteor, Protect, Dragon Pulse and Thunder. Flash Cannon and Dragon Pulse are nice reliable STAB that hit effectively all around. Earth Power helps hit PDon and Magearna well, especially with Groundinium-Z. Draco Meteor does quite a bit to PDon as well, especially with Dragonium-Z and has a chance to OHKO some Arceus forms with the Z-move. Protect is a no-braimer good move for any doubles format, it may not be as desirable as on other Pokemon if you just want your Dialga to set Trick Room and fire off strong attacks. But if your opponent has some obvious anti-trick room measures, it can be good to protect while they focus on Dialga. Fire Blast is an Alternative to Earth Power that hits Magearna a bit harder and also hits Bronzong. Thunder can be used against POgre and Ho-Oh.

With all that in mind, here's a set I would pick to at least give a shot for Doubles Ubers:
Dialga @ Dragonium Z
Ability: Telepathy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Flash Cannon
- Trick Room

(note: I haven't tested out Dialga much in Doubles Ubers or played the format much personally, this is just theoretically speaking based of the usage stats, viability rankings and damage calcs)
If it's for doubles, Telepathy is highly recommended over Pressure unless you're 100% sure you don't plan to run any moves like Discharge or Earyhquake on the other Pokemon in the party. Quiet is also the nature of choice where a speed IV of 0 is essential to at least tie with other Groudon and such in Trick Room. For EVs, 252 Sp.A and 252 HP seems good, but I haven't checked to see if shifting some EVs to the defenses would be beneficial. For the item, Adamant Orb, Dragonium Z (if running Draco Meteor), Groundinium Z (if running Earth Power) and Air Balloon all seem like decent options.

Dialga can set Trick Room, so that's a good first move. The rest would probably have to be a combination of Flash Cannon, Earth Power, Fire Blast, Draco Meteor, Protect, Dragon Pulse and Thunder. Flash Cannon and Dragon Pulse are nice reliable STAB that hit effectively all around. Earth Power helps hit PDon and Magearna well, especially with Groundinium-Z. Draco Meteor does quite a bit to PDon as well, especially with Dragonium-Z and has a chance to OHKO some Arceus forms with the Z-move. Protect is a no-braimer good move for any doubles format, it may not be as desirable as on other Pokemon if you just want your Dialga to set Trick Room and fire off strong attacks. But if your opponent has some obvious anti-trick room measures, it can be good to protect while they focus on Dialga. Fire Blast is an Alternative to Earth Power that hits Magearna a bit harder and also hits Bronzong. Thunder can be used against POgre and Ho-Oh.

With all that in mind, here's a set I would pick to at least give a shot for Doubles Ubers:
Dialga @ Dragonium Z
Ability: Telepathy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Flash Cannon
- Trick Room
So I take Bulk Up is a thing of the past? It was all over the previous Gen's sets when I checked for inspiration

Hey guys, I desperately need a dratini that knows extremespeed for breeding. Can anyone help me out? Nature and ball don’t matter, I just need extremespeed

Hey guys, I desperately need a dratini that knows extremespeed for breeding. Can anyone help me out? Nature and ball don’t matter, I just need extremespeed
Hi TeeG, deposit anything on GTS asking for a lv.1-10 male Dratini and I'll send you one :)

Hi TeeG, deposit anything on GTS asking for a lv.1-10 male Dratini and I'll send you one :)
Thank you so much!
I put up a ralts with an ultra ball, and the message is “I want a Pokemon that is strong I. Pokémon battles” and my in game name is sterling. Thank you so much!!

Sondero

Don't you dare say you'd rather lose!
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Any potential uses for z-celebrate Meloetta?
Most likely. The nice Speed and natural special bulk can make Z-Celebrate quite worthwhile. For example, with Z-Celebrate, Meloetta can beat offensive Shaymin variants in a 1v1 if Shaymin doesn't get a drop in Sp.D with Seed Flare or a crit.

The option to instead use the Z-Move on a strong one-time Breakneck Blitz with Hyper Voice (or beam if you really want to commit to the idea of a choice between a stat-buff and one-time nuke) also sounds like it could come in handy in a pinch.

If we're comparing this Meloetta to other Celebrate/Happy Hour/such events, there aren't really any downsides to having Celebrate, because you're not dropping anything in favor of Celebrate, unlike Victini, Ho-Oh and Jirachi, which can't have Bolt Strike/Glaciate/Blue Flare, Regenerator and Heart Stamp respectively with the omni-boost Z-Move, along with other past gen/event moves

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)