Resource Simple Questions, Simple Answers Thread

Ruft

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
OU Leader
I was breeding my Cursola w/ Perish Body with a 6IV Ditto w/ Limber. My egg Corsola ended up with Cursed Body... how is this possible?

I got both Mons from Max Raids.
While Cursola's HA is Perish Body, Corsola-Galar's HA is Cursed Body.

Not exactly a competitive question, but do we know it the Antique form Sinistea are only available in the wild or if they can hatch from eggs? And if they can, do the parent(s) have to be Antique as well? Also, how's about Raid boss Sinistea/Polteageist, can those be either form?

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Not exactly a competitive question, but do we know it the Antique form Sinistea are only available in the wild or if they can hatch from eggs? And if they can, do the parent(s) have to be Antique as well? Also, how's about Raid boss Sinistea/Polteageist, can those be either form?
This is a question suited for Orange Islands SQSA, not here.

Does anyone have experience in competitive 6-v-6 with all Pokémon played at Dynamax Level 0 (I guess one could call this a "Dynamax Candyless" meta)?
If so, does having the smaller *1.5 max HP boost make a significant difference in strategy compared to the x2.0 boost of Dynamax Level 10?

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
Does anyone have experience in competitive 6-v-6 with all Pokémon played at Dynamax Level 0 (I guess one could call this a "Dynamax Candyless" meta)?
If so, does having the smaller *1.5 max HP boost make a significant difference in strategy compared to the x2.0 boost of Dynamax Level 10?
This is only for discussion of OU. That metagame is nonexistent on Smogon as far as I know.

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
This is only for discussion of OU. That metagame is nonexistent on Smogon as far as I know.
Furthermore this is impossible for some of the Dynamaxed mons caught because they will have some leveling on them already.

How do I use shedninja in this meta? What sets are you guys using for him and what team does he pair well with?
He finds space in some stall or more defensive oriented builds, as for item the heavy duty boots works fine, best if paired with ditto so you can scout your opponent's moveset.

So, I'm trying to build a Gen 8 Bread-And-Butter Rain Team (Barraskewda, Pelipper, Dracovish, Gyarados, Drednaw??). The sixth teammate is Excadrill, which I actually don't consider to be good on rain teams, however, I do not want to lose an actual Stealth Rock setter because G-Max Drednaw is a bit unreliable for SR stuff. Should I kick Excadrill out in favor of Corviknight or should I keep Excadrill on the team?

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
So, I'm trying to build a Gen 8 Bread-And-Butter Rain Team (Barraskewda, Pelipper, Dracovish, Gyarados, Drednaw??). The sixth teammate is Excadrill, which I actually don't consider to be good on rain teams, however, I do not want to lose an actual Stealth Rock setter because G-Max Drednaw is a bit unreliable for SR stuff. Should I kick Excadrill out in favor of Corviknight or should I keep Excadrill on the team?
Try Ferrothorn perhaps.

what is regarded as the best gengar set?
I like Nasty Plot + 3A (STAB and Focus Blast).

Does body press deal damage based on the user’s defense stat INSTEAD of their attack stat (like, for example, how psyshock’s damage takes into consideration physical defense instead of special defense), or does its base power just SCALE with the user’s defense stat (sort of like how gyro ball scales with the opponent’s speed)? This has confused me since I first read about the move lol.

Éric

mons is mons
is a Pre-Contributor
I’ve noticed while playing online with friends that there’s no team preview in this game - or at least it’s not like what we are used to. First, you have to chose your team (your lead and the rest of the team) and then you get to see your opponent’s team. Are we going to implement that? I think it can have a huge impact in the metagame.

I’ve noticed while playing online with friends that there’s no team preview in this game - or at least it’s not like what we are used to. First, you have to chose your team (your lead and the rest of the team) and then you get to see your opponent’s team. Are we going to implement that? I think it can have a huge impact in the metagame.
Team preview exists in ranked battles on cart.

I've noticed Rotom-W lost access to Defog and Pain Split. Is there a viable defensive set for this mon at the moment ?

Ruft

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
OU Leader
Does body press deal damage based on the user’s defense stat INSTEAD of their attack stat (like, for example, how psyshock’s damage takes into consideration physical defense instead of special defense), or does its base power just SCALE with the user’s defense stat (sort of like how gyro ball scales with the opponent’s speed)? This has confused me since I first read about the move lol.
The former.

Egor

нет, товарищ генерал, это вы даёте
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
RoAPL Champion
I've noticed Rotom-W lost access to Defog and Pain Split. Is there a viable defensive set for this mon at the moment ?
Some people, including me, used the Rest + Chesto Berry set. It looks like this:

Rotom-Wash @ Chesto Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Rest
- Thunder Wave

The EV spread and the last moveslot are pretty flexible, adjust them as your team needs.

You can see the opponents team. Just press x like the screen tells you

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)