Resource Simple Questions, Simple Answers Thread

Both Ninetales are missing on Weather setters:

Alolan-Ninetales for Snow Warning (Hail)
Kanto-Ninetales for Sun Setter due to its Hidden bility in Drought

I think these 2 are important notes for the weather category.
Is there any way to obtain any Alolan form prior to Home? Likewise with the original forms of Galarian variants such as Zigzagoon.

Katy

Banned deucer.
Is there any way to obtain any Alolan form prior to Home? Likewise with the original forms of Galarian variants such as Zigzagoon.

Alolan-Ninetales is obtainable in January if I recall correctly so p soon via Home.
Would then add in later as Hail-setter I think.

Is it true that one can EV train using exclusively the vitamins, because the limit of 100 EV has been lifted?

Is it true that one can EV train using exclusively the vitamins, because the limit of 100 EV has been lifted?
Yes, it is.

For my question: how does Dynamax and Encore interact? Presume two scenarios: one, I Encore my opponent turn before Dynamaxing - will Encore still hold after he maxes? two: I Encore Dynamxed mon - will Encore even work? And if it does, will it still hold out after Dynamax wears out?

Are Flame Orb and Toxic Orb legal? It seems that they have not been found in Sword/Shield yet, so are technically not available

Empress

33% coffee / 33% alcohol / 34% estrogen
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I'm not gonna play this generation until the metagame settles a little bit, but in the meantime, how is the Dynamax mechanic looking? Is it as busted as we expected it to be, and does it make the metagame less fun? Or is it manageable and/or enjoyable?

I'm not gonna play this generation until the metagame settles a little bit, but in the meantime, how is the Dynamax mechanic looking? Is it as busted as we expected it to be, and does it make the metagame less fun? Or is it manageable and/or enjoyable?
There are a few clearly super strong abusers, namely Gyarados and Hawlucha (to a lesser degree Barraskewda), that show how busted the mechanic can be. Thing is that it's very likely that even if we got rid of those 3, the mechanic would still be busted by some other stuff that's being held in check by them.

Of course this all assumes that Showdown is modeling Dynamaxing correctly.

Serebii seems to think you can get them from the Ball Guy in Wyndon after beating the game.
Thanks for the heads up ..... can confirm, just got a tox orb from the ball dude... I mean ok gonna farm a little bit there for EVtraining but still annoying

Question: I tried to use Alolan Ninetales earlier today, and PS told me Heal Bell isn't available to it in Gen 8. Yet I can still have Snow Warning on it even though that technically won't be available to it until HOME gets released either. Is there a reason for this restriction (which didn't exist when I first used it in this gen)?

Question: I tried to use Alolan Ninetales earlier today, and PS told me Heal Bell isn't available to it in Gen 8. Yet I can still have Snow Warning on it even though that technically won't be available to it until HOME gets released either. Is there a reason for this restriction (which didn't exist when I first used it in this gen)?
snow warning is able to be used because of previous gens i think

whats the difference between dynamax (I understand dynamax) and gigantamax? Can you do one of the two, or both every battle? Do all gigantamax forms have special moves (like the Drednaw rocks one, etc.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)