Resource Simple Questions, Simple Answers Thread

ust compare them to z-moves for the time being ig
That'd be quite inaccurate as Max moves are much less powerful than Z-moves.

Hey I can't find how to calc max moves. Do they have a standard bp? Is it all the same for non g-moves?
The BP of max moves is between 90 and 140 depending on the base attack's BP, with > 120 BP base moves going to 150 max move. Aside from using extremely weak early game stuff (like tackle or fake out), you can usually safely assume a 120 BP average power.

Pyritie

TAMAGO
is an Artist
whats the difference between dynamax (I understand dynamax) and gigantamax? Can you do one of the two, or both every battle? Do all gigantamax forms have special moves (like the Drednaw rocks one, etc.)
gigantamax is exactly the same as dynamax except it looks different and it gets a unique, species-specific "g" move that does the same damage as a regular max move but with a different secondary effect

Do we know the odds of acquiring Hidden Abilities in Raid Battles? Are there any ways of influencing those? Do they show in "normal" battles or only the rare "purple beam" ones? Also, can Synchronize affect the nature of Raid bosses?

Do we know the odds of acquiring Hidden Abilities in Raid Battles? Are there any ways of influencing those? Do they show in "normal" battles or only the rare "purple beam" ones? Also, can Synchronize affect the nature of Raid bosses?
The answer to all those is, unfortunately, no.

Purple beam seems to relate to the pool the pokemon is picked from, and nothing else (purple pool being the "rare" pool).
HAs rate seem to be around 10-20% chance, exact number is unknown but my personal experience definitely matches this (rip the HA araquanid i got...)
Syncronize seems ineffective (as the pokemon is generated when the Den spawns and is the same for all 4 people in case of multiplayer).
You can't influence anything in any way aside the weather, and if you do a method hasn't been found.

That said, those questions should probably be in the OI section SQSA rather than the competitive ones ;)

Does max guard also do what the base move does? For example, if my Corviknight uses max guard from roost, does it heal itself? Or can dynamaxed Pokemon just not use regular status moves?

Ruft

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
OU Leader
Does max guard also do what the base move does? For example, if my Corviknight uses max guard from roost, does it heal itself? Or can dynamaxed Pokemon just not use regular status moves?
The latter, Max Guard only protects you.

This is more fit for the SQSA thread.

finch edit: moved both posts

Last edited by a moderator:
This is probably common knowledge by now but I can't seem to get a straight answer. Can items be used during dynamax or not? Or do some work while others do not?

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
This is probably common knowledge by now but I can't seem to get a straight answer. Can items be used during dynamax or not? Or do some work while others do not?
Some are "Embargo'd" while others work.

Leftovers and Life Orb for example still work under Dynamax.

Choice items (and Gorilla Tactics) are disabled while you are Dynamaxed. You can use different attacks freely, but you will not receive the item nor ability boost.

how will the tiers be made? is it UU first then RU followed by NU then PU or is it all at once. Why i ask this is lets say tier shift begins will it be mons drop to new UU then after thhe next one the mons that dont shine in UU drop into new RU or is it all tiers are created at once and Pokemon that were in that tier like incineroar starts in NU or will it make a slow descent until it resides comfortably in the tier.

Some are "Embargo'd" while others work.

Leftovers and Life Orb for example still work under Dynamax.

Choice items (and Gorilla Tactics) are disabled while you are Dynamaxed. You can use different attacks freely, but you will not receive the item nor ability boost.
Thank you. Is there a complete list?

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
how will the tiers be made? is it UU first then RU followed by NU then PU or is it all at once. Why i ask this is lets say tier shift begins will it be mons drop to new UU then after thhe next one the mons that dont shine in UU drop into new RU or is it all tiers are created at once and Pokemon that were in that tier like incineroar starts in NU or will it make a slow descent until it resides comfortably in the tier.
UU goes into a beta.
UU goes live. RU goes into a beta shortly around this time.
RU goes live. NU goes into a beta shortly around this time.

Etc. Etc.

The Dex cut might affect things overall (for all we know maybe an NU won't exist, thus neither would PU), but this was how it was structured in previous generations.
Thank you. Is there a complete list?
Not that I'm aware of.

Sorry if this has been answered already, but since Moody has been updated to no longer alter accuracy and evasion, and it was previously banned under the evasion clause iirc, will Moody be unbanned? I believe hidden ability Glalie should be available.

In National Dex, when you take at least one pokemon with Mega or Z-move, does Dynamaxed not allow any of your pokemon, was this done like this or is it a bug?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)