Resource Simple Questions, Simple Answers Thread

airfare

is a Tutoris a Tiering Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
OUPL Champion
what is heavy slam heatran for?
heavy slam heatran ensures a trap on earthquake galarian slowking while maintaining most of the other targets u want to trap with magma + taunt. missing out on toxic means that hippo dnite slowking hydreigon etc become a lot more annoying, though. heavy slam also provides some more insurance vs cm clef and other fairies
(remember to run sassy w speed creeping skarm, not calm)

ausma

token smogon furry
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Top Artistis a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
OU Forum Leader
Are there any interactions binding band protect Heatran would win it otherwise wouldn’t?
Not really? It might let you afford to win the 1v1 against Toxapex without needing Earth Power, but barring that, I think the opportunity cost of Leftovers isn't really worth it given how much heat Heatran takes as a Special tank in the current metagame against things like Dragapult and Tapu Koko, and how Leftovers let it check them a bit more reliably in the long term.

Is there a OU usage stats that include percentage of moves and items used?

I don't remember how long ago it was (many years), but I recall that information being available, unless that changed. (Long time player getting back into competitive).

Thanks

Is there a OU usage stats that include percentage of moves and items used?

I don't remember how long ago it was (many years), but I recall that information being available, unless that changed. (Long time player getting back into competitive).

Thanks
You can find them here https://www.smogon.com/stats/2021-04/moveset/gen8ou-1825.txt it gives you the percentage for items, spreads, moveset, and teammates. Though currently this looks into the usage stats in April and will be expected to change tomorrow to reflect upon May.

Red Raven

I COULD BE BANNED!
Is the Buzzwall set in its ou analysis page still the set it uses? What exactly is that set meant to accomplish with the speed or defense anyway? If there is a new Buzz spread, may I ask what it is?

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
Is Pex receiving more usage? Cause I been seeing that mon nonstop. If so, why? (I’m at around the 1600-1700s btw)
It is definitely not seeing more — maybe the same. At that point, it really depends if you’re used to lower ladder — which is more offensive — and what time of day you’re laddering — as it could be a small, repetitive sample.

Toxapex has taken quite a few hits recently, especially with the massive uptick in Slowking, which makes it a liability in some games.

What sort of spreads is Heatran running rn and what are the benchmarks to hit for speed?
The most common spread got Heatran rn is 252 HP / 136 SpD / 120 Spe the speed allows for Heatran to be faster than max speed base 60 neutral speed nature mons and the the rest is for bulk, tho the slowest Heatran I go for hit 210 to be faster than Arctozolt and Crawdaunt with max speed neutral nature

Edit: You can also run a spread of max spa and max speed with modest nature if you are looking for a more offensive heatran spread rather than being able to check things like Tapu Koko, Dragapult, and Calm Mind Clefable

i havent played since oras .... can someone explain to me why blissey is suddenly better than chansey ? just because blissey doesnt need to wear a eviolite and can instead go for heavy duty boots ?

Zneon

uh oh
is a Community Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
i havent played since oras .... can someone explain to me why blissey is suddenly better than chansey ? just because blissey doesnt need to wear a eviolite and can instead go for heavy duty boots ?
It is, to tell you why that's better for Blissey, it makes it less vulnerable to Knock Off in comparison to Chansey and negates one of its biggest drawbacks which is how susceptible it is to hazards while still performing very similar roles despite the slightly lower bulk Blissey has.

What are some partners for Volcarona that can lure in and wear down its counters? It seems like the majority of teams on the mid/high ladder have Heatran or Unaware Clef or Dragonite and I'm basically left playing 6-5.

What are some partners for Volcarona that can lure in and wear down its counters? It seems like the majority of teams on the mid/high ladder have Heatran or Unaware Clef or Dragonite and I'm basically left playing 6-5.
Trick users such as Clefable and Tapu Fini are able to lure in Heatran and Toxapex hindering them, while the latter is also able to provide Misty Terrain support to block statuses for Volcarona. Knock Off support is always nice along with Volcarona such as Scizor and Weavile being able to pressure shared checks with Volcarona.

what is the best partner of slowking with landorus core? Its hard one because slowking weak to dark, and ghost (I still don't know why its S rank viability), water types likes toxapex, fini, or rotom-w have better defensive synergy with lando because any steel type can fill the role

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
what is the best partner of slowking with landorus core? Its hard one because slowking weak to dark, and ghost (I still don't know why its S rank viability), water types likes toxapex, fini, or rotom-w have better defensive synergy with lando because any steel type can fill the role
oftentimes you can handle Pokemon with pressure and checks -- i.e: corv checks bisharp and weavile, sdef clef checks pult, etc. -- and then you can have a revenge killer or priority alongside them and given that these teams are more bulky-offensive, you just need to not forfeit momentum too much

How viable is Gengar?
NP 3 attacks, scarf trick+plot, maybe sub+plot are viable. In general gengar requires a lot of support, but the worst thing is of course its direct competition being S tier.
It's still a good Pokémon though, you just have to play to its strength. Scarf trick+plot is the most versatile set because it allows you to adapt a subpar mon to every matchup. Also, with a timely trick gengar opens up for itself against bulkier builds.
NP 3 attacks is more straightforward but suffers from having a sus speed and less disruptive potential, although not being locked is a boon.
Subplot suffers from pult but does well against team without it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)