Resource Simple Questions, Simple Answers Thread

Is there a thread where I can find out about all things WCoP like usage, analysis, replays etc. Like they had for SPLs?

Katy

Banned deucer.
How do you deal with cringe Sun Moth that 6-0s teams without having to slap Tran or Dnite on your team?
You don't.

Jokes aside Aqua Jet from Banded Shifu is your best bet but you have to bring it in safely. Blissey can work against non Safeguard variants. Pult is not very reliable as it can be chipped but can get the job done with T Wave Darts. Unaware CM Clef works well vs Bulky Volc spreads but be aware of Offensive Flame. Full Health Chomp and Lando take 1 hit. I have also seen Haze Pex SpD to stall it out but it still loses sometimes.
As you can see the 2 mention are the most reliable counters and the broken moth can pretty much power through it's other checks with it's 3 sets.

658Greninja said:
How do you deal with cringe Sun Moth that 6-0s teams without having to slap Tran or Dnite on your team?
To add to Jokler’s answer, Scarf Fini can also shut Volc down with Trick and Gastrodon usually beats non-Giga Drain variants. If you’re feeling really desperate you can always run Mantine which is almost as good as Dnite and Tran at shutting it down, but Mantine is kind of bad otherwise since it dies to anything with Electric coverage.

Ehmcee

A Spoopy Ghost
is a Pre-Contributor
Dragonite tends to be a fairly reliable defensive answer against sun staples like volc and venusaur, a standard Dual Wingbeat/Roost/Dragon Dance/EQ set should work

Dragonite tends to be a fairly reliable defensive answer against sun staples like volc and venusaur, a standard Dual Wingbeat/Roost/Dragon Dance/EQ set should work
Sorry but I think he said, without slapping dnite on the team, but the only thing i can think of that walls all volc sets is mantine, but that has a lot of other problems in the meta

I have been seeing a lot of talks about Twave+ 3 Attacks Pads Melly, what is the 3rd attack it runs and what speed benchmarks does it need to hit?

Also have been hearing a lot about Bulu being unwallable but Corvi and Buzzwole shrug off even +2 hits. Is it running something other than SD + 3 Attacks? If yes, then what is it running? Does it require FS or Zone support?

Also Rocks Kommo O seems to be rising, what EV Spread and moves does it use for this role? I am particularly asking about the taunt rocks set but does it use non taunt rocks sets as well?

Lastly what EV Spread and moves does the new offensive Buzzwole opt for while still remaining bulky? Boot are the most preferred item still aren't they?

I have been seeing a lot of talks about Twave+ 3 Attacks Pads Melly, what is the 3rd attack it runs and what speed benchmarks does it need to hit?

Also have been hearing a lot about Bulu being unwallable but Corvi and Buzzwole shrug off even +2 hits. Is it running something other than SD + 3 Attacks? If yes, then what is it running? Does it require FS or Zone support?
The 3rd attackin move can be up to Superpower as it hits Ferrothorn and Heatran really decently, and the speed benchmark is around 132 in being faster than Hippowdon.

Corviknight doesn't really like switching into +2 Close Combat or Stone Edge and can't really do much if its Body Press, Buzzwole is by far one of the best counters to Tapu Bulu however. It was seen running Synthesis over Stone Edge in one game, but SD + 3 Attacks is by far the most commons set right now with Horn Leech, Close Combat, and Stone Edge. I wouldn't say Future Sight support is required but does make it a lot easier to break past Buzzwole, and Magnezone is nice in trapping the metal birds.

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
Double Iron Bash, Thunder Punch, Earthquake or Superpower, and Thunder Wave. I like to outrun Hippowdon, which also means you get paralyzed Heatran (if not +Speed), Bisharp, Aegislash, etc. and maximize attack investment to whatever extent possible as well.
SD + Horn Leech + CC + Edge is most common. Corviknight is oftentimes not running Brave Bird and even with it, Tapu Bulu can live one comfortably. If it SDs on the switch, you can +4 to OHKO it while tanking a Brave Bird. Corviknight is not a very good response to Tapu Bulu outside of specific scenarios and potential for pivoting, but even then you do see some Magnezone with Tapu Bulu, yes.

As for Buzzwole, it and Tangrowth (or the rare Amoonguss, I guess) are as close as you will get to true counters to Tapu Bulu right now. Future Sight is super common with Tapu Bulu from Slowking and Glowking though, so you have to proceed with the utmost caution there as is. With this said, Tapu Bulu is clearly wallable, it is just something more challenging than most B rank Pokemon to keep in check, which has led to some people discussing it moreso than previously.
Also Rocks Kommo O seems to be rising, what EV Spread and moves does it use for this role? I am particularly asking about the taunt rocks set but does it use non taunt rocks sets as well?
Set mix for Kommo-O is unpredictable and hard to pin-point, but the SR set is the same as earlier this generation: SR, Body Press, and then pick 2 of Taunt, Toxic, Iron Defense, Flamethrower, EQ, or Draco Meteor depending upon your team. It likes to pump PDef to help with Bisharp, Weavile, Kartana, Crawdaunt, etc. and speed for Bisharp and Heatran is worth considering. Other sets include SD + 3A and mixed attacking sets with Belly Drum being viable, but very inconsistent.
Lastly what EV Spread and moves does the new offensive Buzzwole opt for while still remaining bulky? Boot are the most preferred item still aren't they?
You do not need to run a ton of defense. Generally you want to run adamant and enough speed for Bisharp, but the rest depends on your team -- calc out your attacks and what targets you feel are relevant as a starting point. I like having at least a lot of HP to keep SD Garchomp, Weavile, and CB Bisharp contained. Finally, Boots are most common, but RH is viable!

Sorry for asking two questions in a row but
How would it be possible for king's rock to be banned rn?
ik the council did a vote on it, and voted to keep it
But I know I'm not the only one who still wants it banned
So if it would be possible to do that, how would you do it?
Suspect test, council vote (again) or something else that I've not considered?

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
Sorry for asking two questions in a row but
How would it be possible for king's rock to be banned rn?
ik the council did a vote on it, and voted to keep it
But I know I'm not the only one who still wants it banned
So if it would be possible to do that, how would you do it?
Suspect test, council vote (again) or something else that I've not considered?
:blobshrug: I doubt it will be looked into again anytime soon. It is nowhere near pressing enough and the public is not vocal about it either.

Do not get me wrong I am with you in terms of opinion; I spent many hours of my time making the thread and making the vote possible to begin with only for it to miss by one vote when someone stepped down from council within days of the vote. It was really the worst possible combination of events and a lot of people have come to me frustrated about it — I truly do sympathize, but we do have to uphold the result of the vote and move on finding other ways to improve our metagame. There is still a lot of good going on and we can continue to move forward to make things even more fun and competitive hopefully.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)