Resource Simple Questions, Simple Answers Thread

i know mandibuzz is generally on a downturn rn but does anyone have a suggestion for EVs aimed at compressing mandi into a check for rilla, kart, and pult?

TailGlowVM

Now 100% more demonic
i know mandibuzz is generally on a downturn rn but does anyone have a suggestion for EVs aimed at compressing mandi into a check for rilla, kart, and pult?
:ss/mandibuzz:
Mandibuzz @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 248 HP / 92 Def / 152 SpD / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Foul Play
- Defog
- U-turn
- Roost

This survives two Smart Strikes from Choice Band Kartana and two Draco Meteors from Choice Specs Dragapult, with the rest put in Speed to outspeed the occasional Azumarill.

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
what is the mixed defensive tank set for galarian slowbro finchinator mentioned in the viability ranking thread?
It's not very common at all, but it'd run CM / 2 of Psychic Sludge Bomb Scald (or another attack) Slack Off with +Def nature and enough speed for Toxapex if you run Psychic. You can also run Trick + Black Sludge over CM if you want to be creative. It is very, very fringe and Slowking-G tends to do it better, but the PDef alternative is enough for C- right now prob. There is not a single standard spread afaik b/c it's very sub-standard

Candy Corn

Banned deucer.
How does decay work? I hit top 500 in the doubles format and I know that's when decay will start. How much do I need to play in a day/week to prevent decay?

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
How does decay work? I hit top 500 in the doubles format and I know that's when decay will start. How much do I need to play in a day/week to prevent decay?
Playing 6 games a day avoids decay fully, but just 1 game per day minimizes it. A day or two of decay will not be the end of the world, but it can wrack up and hurt your ranking over time! For more, check here.

Katy

Banned deucer.
Could someone explain me the EVs for the smogon Bulkarona set? Also are there important thresholds missed fo using Fiery Dance over Flamethower?
88 Speed EVs allow it to outspeed Dragapult and Zeraora after one Quiver Dance, 16 SpA is to safely OHKO Rillaboom always, and the Hp and Def sdtat is there to survive a Aqua Jet from Choice Band Crawdaunt. Fiery Dance can be run, but Safeguard Volcarona wants Flamethrower, as it has it easier to outstall and outlast Blissey. and also the not viable but very rarely used Chansey, which was seen in a recent WCoP game with TPP using it.

What makes Bulu better in OU than in UU? Is it the lack of Tang, Amoong, and Scizor?

Edit: ‘Scizor’ ‘lacking’ LMAO ignore that bit

Last edited:

TailGlowVM

Now 100% more demonic
What makes Bulu better in OU than in UU? Is it the lack of Tang, Amoong, and Scizor?
In UU Buzzwole is just as good or even better, Moltres, Aegislash, Salamence, Tangrowth, Kommo-o, and Amoonguss are all very common. Additionally, Bulu hasn't got any defensive presence unlike in OU - it's not bulky enough to check stuff in UU like Keldeo or Choice Band Krookodile without bulk investment, and with it Tangrowth and Amoonguss heavily outclass it. However, here it can check Landorus-T, non-Flash Cannon Hydreigon, Tapu Koko, and Zeraora. (Don't let its typing fool you though, it's not a switch-in to Garchomp or Urshifu.)

(By the way, Scizor is definitely not "lacking" in OU, it's been everywhere since SPL and is probably rising to OU next month.)

I hope I'm not asking a question that generates debate.

Does the OU council have any idea what to do with the teleportation situation? and dragapult? I see some of my teammates complaining.

Finchinator

-OUTL
OU Leader
I hope I'm not asking a question that generates debate.

Does the OU council have any idea what to do with the teleportation situation? and dragapult? I see some of my teammates complaining.
I do not think too many people want the move Teleport banned, but it was discussed and even included in a recent tiering survey. It has never reached nearly enough support from the community at any point.

Talks about Dragapult are still ongoing, but nothing is decided yet. If you have thoughts, I would implore you (or your teammates) to post in the metagame discussion thread!

Hi So I am Kind of new to OU Do you have any suggestions for a good Screen setter?
good screen setters right now are Tapu Koko with its great speed and Taunt blocking other leads from setting up, while being able to pivot into set up partners in safely, while Grimmsnarl itself gets gaurenteed screens with Prankster and also has Taunt while being able to check Dragapult that demolishes most HO teams, lastly there are less common picks these days like Alolan Ninetales with the double screens with Veil, while Regieleki is fast enough to set up Screens and remove hazards with Rapid Spin, but at the cost at potentially dying with Explosion for more fast pace teams to break right away in one run.

pulsar512b

ss ou fangirl
is a Pre-Contributor
Also worth noting that Ninetales-Alola means you can also have hail up, which means arctozolt gets at least like 3 kills

pulsar512b

ss ou fangirl
is a Pre-Contributor
Please note that Arctozolt does not ALWAYS get at least 3 kills. It is a possibility like any other pokemon of course, but proceed with caution like every other option.
I was somewhat exaggerating yeah.

Many teams outright lose to it tbh, lol

while im here, does anyone happen to have a ninetales-alola+arctozolt HO team i could use?

I do not think too many people want the move Teleport banned, but it was discussed and even included in a recent tiering survey. It has never reached nearly enough support from the community at any point.

Talks about Dragapult are still ongoing, but nothing is decided yet. If you have thoughts, I would implore you (or your teammates) to post in the metagame discussion thread!
Regarding these things as well as King's Rock, is there any idea when we can expect the next player base survey?

(lol I don't mean to pressure you or anyone else on the council with this, I know it's a lot of work and you are all busy with other stuff, and I appreciate that you guys are willing to sacrifice a fraction of your limited time on this earth as an offering to the ravenous behemoth which is the OU tier)

I think I remember reading that there was after WCOP round 1 but that's over now obviously.

As someone who also wants King's Rock banned, I think maybe you could put a simple yes/no quickban option on the next survey and see what people think, maybe if it gets a lot of support you could all a redo vote or something lol.

Beyond that though, while I am really satisfied with the tier as it stands, it's been ~2.5 months since that last survey ended so I would be curious to see what the general player base thinks.

Finchinator

-OUTL
OU Leader
Regarding these things as well as King's Rock, is there any idea when we can expect the next player base survey?
Yes, it will be in July. Probably in the middle of the month, but I do not have an exact date on hand yet.
I think I remember reading that there was after WCOP round 1 but that's over now obviously.
It will likely take place closer to the end of WCoP now. The King's Rock vote took up a decent amount of time and the council is still evaluating the metagame actively. Personally, I have spent a lot of time on the tournament itself, the King's Rock vote, the VR thread, etc. and I tend to take charge with the surveys, so there's that, too. I have the time to run a survey now, but I feel results will not be fully conclusive, so it makes a bit more sense all around to sit on it for a little longer.
As someone who also wants King's Rock banned, I think maybe you could put a simple yes/no quickban option on the next survey and see what people think, maybe if it gets a lot of support you could all a redo vote or something lol.
That is, unfortunately, inadvertently circumventing an official vote and yes/no votes to the general public hold no weight whatsoever.

Red Raven

I COULD BE BANNED!
Are the spreads on Melmetal's analysis page still the ones used for its sets? If not, what are the spreads it usually uses? Specifically, what's the highest speed that Melmetal tends to run?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)