Resource Simple Questions, Simple Answers Thread

Sorry if this is the incorrect place to ask but because I'm relatively new to the website got 2 questions.

1. Where is the VGC discussion thread, kinda lost.

2. Will the official rule changes (Showing full movesets/teras/items) be implemented in that format in the simulator shortly and possibly in singles?

Thanks

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader

Colin

formerly BeardedDrakon
is a Tiering Contributor
LCPL Champion
Hey, is there any set compendium I can use to remedy my complete inexperience in this tier, or is the meta too new?

Cheryl.

Celesteela is Life
what set does Fire Breed Tauros run in OU? I saw it was ranked and ngl it's giving me SW/SH Flareon vibes but I'm sure it's solid

what set does Fire Breed Tauros run in OU? I saw it was ranked and ngl it's giving me SW/SH Flareon vibes but I'm sure it's solid
The one I'm seeing is from this post in the Metagame thread, which I will simply link as it also includes an explanation.

Tauros-Paldea-Fire @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Raging Bull
- Body Press
- Protect
- Will-O-Wisp

Been using aveyon's team with Paldean Fire-type Tauros in the OU Bazaar thread and I'm having a lot of fun using this Pokemon. PhysDef + Intimidate + Wisp lets it be a very hard stop to Chien-Pao, and can annoy Ting-Lu, the Paradox Donphans, and Garchomp with Tera Flying. Wisping them on the switch alone gives you a much better time vs them even without Tera Flying. Tera Normal Dragonite hates you, too, with Body Press becoming Super Effective vs it as well as the vulnerability vs Wisp. Raging Bull is also great vs the many Screens teams running around while hurting Gholdengo and Corviknight. Fire Tauros serves as a nice emergency check to Chi-Yu, too, since it resists both its STABs and OHKOes in return with Body Press, only really needing to fear something like Psychic or Modest Tera Fire Specs Overheat or Fire Blast.

Not sure if this is the right spot for this, but if i am using Power trip on krookodile(who isnt OU but could work) would bulk up or hone claws be better? Bulk up makes me tankier which is nice, but hone claws could work to my a 4th coverage move hit more often, like gunk shot for fairys and grass.

Also, using intimidate atm since thats always a fantastic move, but how do you guys feel about moxie?

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
Not sure if this is the right spot for this, but if i am using Power trip on krookodile(who isnt OU but could work) would bulk up or hone claws be better? Bulk up makes me tankier which is nice, but hone claws could work to my a 4th coverage move hit more often, like gunk shot for fairys and grass.

Also, using intimidate atm since thats always a fantastic move, but how do you guys feel about moxie?
Bulk Up tends to be more practical and intimidate grants more free turns — moxie scaling is not very important besides scarf

Bulk Up tends to be more practical and intimidate grants more free turns — moxie scaling is not very important besides scarf
Yeah i was liking intimidate more for sure. Just was curious how having gunk shots hit more often would be vs being bulkier. But yeqh the more reliableness of intimidate plus bulk up would let krook stay around longer for sure.

Am I crazy for wanting to put Heavy Duty Boots on a DD Dragapult? I was initially going to put a life orb on it but my only form of hazard removal is Glimmora and I highly doubt it will stick around often enough to remove hazards.

Finchinator

-OUTL
OU Leader
Am I crazy for wanting to put Heavy Duty Boots on a DD Dragapult? I was initially going to put a life orb on it but my only form of hazard removal is Glimmora and I highly doubt it will stick around often enough to remove hazards.
It’s not a crazy idea, especially with the prevalence of spikes

Boots are a hard item to go wrong with, especially with how Spikes Heavy this meta is, and it's not without potential advantages. Boots are especially useful on Pivots or hit-and-run Attackers, for example, so seeing Boots your Opponent might go to an answer to a Special Set (which may or may not be adequate for DD Physical) and give you the DD turn in the process.

What is the general consensus on how to use kelfki this gen? Double screeners? Spikes setuper? Trick room? I see so many options for it im a bit torn on how to use it.

Finchinator

-OUTL
OU Leader
What is the general consensus on how to use kelfki this gen? Double screeners? Spikes setuper? Trick room? I see so many options for it im a bit torn on how to use it.
Screens, status, and spikes — the three S define it. It’s still mediocre, but it has a niche. Generally HO structures elect for Grimmsnarl for screens and another option for hazards, but Klefki can condense and provide a Steel if truly needed

Screens, status, and spikes — the three S define it. It’s still mediocre, but it has a niche. Generally HO structures elect for Grimmsnarl for screens and another option for hazards, but Klefki can condense and provide a Steel if truly needed
Yeah i know grim is considered better but my team needed a steel type so i was looking at the keys. Team plan atm is ceruledge, klefki, persian, toedscruel, baxcalibur, and Espartha. I know i got some non ou guys there but i like to pull from lower levels. With this team not sure what to give the keys. Screens, or spikes, since toed has the status down with spore

Finchinator

-OUTL
OU Leader
Yeah i know grim is considered better but my team needed a steel type so i was looking at the keys. Team plan atm is ceruledge, klefki, persian, toedscruel, baxcalibur, and Espartha. I know i got some non ou guys there but i like to pull from lower levels. With this team not sure what to give the keys. Screens, or spikes, since toed has the status down with spore
Probably try both screens and spikes with a damaging move to avoid being overly passive.

Mechanics question for Toedscruel: Does Mycelium Might prevent his status moves from failing, or failing on a target? For example, Magic Bounce normally reverses Entry Hazards, but would MM allow them to go up against a Magic Bounce, or not apply since the move doesn't technically "target" the Mon so much as the side of the field (vs Defog which picks a target for the Evasion drop aspect)?

Probably try both screens and spikes with a damaging move to avoid being overly passive.
Sounds good. I'll probably go draining kiss just to give some extra tankiness to it since the screens will give it lots of bulk.

Mechanics question for Toedscruel: Does Mycelium Might prevent his status moves from failing, or failing on a target? For example, Magic Bounce normally reverses Entry Hazards, but would MM allow them to go up against a Magic Bounce, or not apply since the move doesn't technically "target" the Mon so much as the side of the field (vs Defog which picks a target for the Evasion drop aspect)?
Honestly curious about that as well. From what i can tell it should ignore magix bounce based on its wording but i would love clarifications. And other then spore what would be good status moves to abuse with this ability? I dont think any ability other the gholds blocks leech seed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)