Politoed (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 248 HP / 36 SAtk / 224 SDef

Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Encore
- Hypnosis

This is my lead because of his drizzle ability so he can get a permanent raindance going. Also on some occasion ive been able to sweep team with his Surf do to the STAB and the rain. I then picked Ice Beam for the attack coverage. Encore is a decent choice, though it sucks it only lasts about two turns. I had Protect over Encore before, but Encore proved to be more usefull overall. Hypnosis is there to annoy opponets who burning would do no good against.

Ludicolo (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Swift Swim
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd

Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Giga Drain
- Focus Blast

Ludicolo is one of the best "Swift Swim"ers I could think about, he is just so great in the rain. The Life Orb is there for that extra uuummpp to his attacks. His attacks should be self explanatory, and if you dont know and need an explantion here it is: Surf for Rain STAB, Giga Drain for Grass STAB and recovery from Life Orb. Ice Beam for coverage, and Focus Blast for opposing Tyranitars and Nattorei .

Kingdra (M) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd

Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Substitute
- Waterfall
- Outrage

This Kingdra started out as a Mixed Attacker but that set proved to be worthless imo. So I went with Dragon Dance to get some extra attack when I could weasel it in. Subsitute is there to block any status that might come my way. Waterfall is there for STAB and so is Outrage. The Lum Berry is there to cure the confusion from Outrage, or If I fail to get Substitute up.

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Trait: Lightningrod
EVs: 248 HP / 228 Def / 32 Spd

Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Thunder
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Roost
- Thunder Wave

This thing is a beast, He is soo amazing on any rain team. Lightningrod has improved Zapdos even more then words could express this generation. His attacks are the common ones you would see on a Rain Zapdos. Thunder over Thunderbolt because of the Rain Support from Politoed. Thunderwave over Toxic so I could support the team with para hax.

Ferroseed (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Def / 128 SDef

Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Leech Seed
- Thunder Wave
- Power Whip
- Stealth Rock
Ferroseed is also a beast on rain teams, the rain cuts his fire weakness in half. I use this set to get up Stealth Rock to hurt those pesky switch ins that taunt me. Thunder Wave to para along with Zapdos. Other then that its just like any other Ferroseed you would see this generation.

Seismitoad (M) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Swift swim
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Sp.Atk

Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Hydro Pump
- Earth Power
- Grass Knot
- Sludge Wave

Seismitoad is on my team of course because of his swift swim ability. He a pretty good special sweeper and mainly here for cover with grass knot for any bulky waters who try to stall. Hydro pump for STAB and rain bonus. Earth power just to mix it up. And sludge wave because it a good attack and also may poison

Joeyboy

Has got the gift of gab
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Just so you know the combination of Politoed Drizzle and Swift Swim pokemon on one team is illegal due to Aldaron's Proposal. Look into that as this team cannot be used competitively on smogon's server.

technically, theyre rating your team by saying its banned. also, avoid double posts. make both of your comments in one post or just edit the post above it.
IMO, mixed kingra is viable with swift swim. because of the extra speed you get in the rain (and dragon dance if you keep that), you can invest more into both attacking stats to break through dedicated walls.
on politoed, i suggest toxic over hypnosis because you have zapdos and ferrothorn, who can both stall out the toxic damage.

not having toxicroak on your team means you will lose to most teams that can play their ferrothorn even half way intelligently, specifically spikes verisions. Ludicolo is nice to have, but dies really easily to a decently powered priority move like a techinican breloom mach punch, or god forbid they have a thundurus with thunderwave. and then your only hope of stopping ferrothorn hell is gone (kingdra doesn't even 2hko ferrothorn until at least +5 meaning it loses to leech seed, protect, and seed bomb/ power whip). I would say replace seismitoad with the standard bulk up toxicroak.

At this point, you are beyond dependant on rain. Without swift swim up you just have a team full of mediocre sweepers. A pokemon like wobuffett can be great in trapping weather starters like ninetails and taking them out of the match early on in the game to make keeping your rain up much easier. As it stands right now, a sand team with a ferrothorn already has a good chance against you with the rain up. With the sand up, you have nearly no chance of winning. Just food for thought.

Also, swift swim + drizzle is banned.

not having toxicroak on your team means you will lose to most teams that can play their ferrothorn even half way intelligently, specifically spikes verisions. Ludicolo is nice to have, but dies really easily to a decently powered priority move like a techinican breloom mach punch and then your only hope of stopping ferrothorn hell is gone (im fairly certain kindra doesn't even 2hko ferrothorn until at least +5 meaning it loses to leech seed, protect, and seed bomb/ power whip). I would say replace seismitoad with the standard bulk up toxicroak.
ok thanks apprecite that because last night ferrothorn staled out my entire team any suggested moveset for toxicroak

Evs are preference but the set is something like
Dry skin @leftovers/ black sludge
Bulk up
Sucker punch
Drain punch
Substitute
- this set can easily set up on ferrothorn(twave ones are a bother though)

Also, on ludicolo, have you consodered focus punch over focus blast specifically for a way to deal with blissey/ chansey switches? I'm not 100% the atk investment it would take to ko a bliss switching into a focus punch and then finish it with rain boosted stab of choice. Anyway, just a suggestion as that set can't hope to deal with them otherwise.

A Calm Blissey 252 HP / 252 Sdef / 4 Def would lose an average of 25% (170~200 dmg) to a Focus Blast by Life Orb Modest Ludicolo.

So if you want to 2HKO that Blissey you can set Drain Punch at Ludicolo, even with Modest nature it would hit for almost 60% dmg, easy 2HKO. But, of course, it would only be useful to Chansey/Blissey, i suppose.

(or just do as BurtonEarny says and use a Focus Punch for OHKO)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)