Single Battle Tower RMT - Trick and Setup

@Choice Scarf
EVs: 252HP / 176Spd / 164 Def
Nature: Timid
~ Trick
~ Thunder Wave
~ Captivate
~ Flash

Start off by Tricking Choice Scarf to the opponent. Then Thunder Wave. Use Captivate if they are a special move. If they are using a physical move use flash. If they are using a non-attacking move, switch to Poliwrath/Regirock and set up. I am also thinking about using Memento on Gardevoir, is that a good move?

@Leftovers
EVs: 252HP / 252Atk / 6Spd
Ability: Water Absorb
Nature: Adamant
~ Bulk Up
~ Substitute
~ Focus Punch
~ Ice Punch

Start Bulking Up or if they use a non-attacking move Substitute first. After 6 BulkUps you should be strong enough to sweep. Ice/Fighting has great coverage.

@Lum Berry
EVs: 252HP / 252SpD / 6Atk
Nature: Careful
~ Curse
~ Rest
~ Stone Edge
~ Hammer Arm

Curse up and then Rest then sweep with Stone Edge/Hammer Arm.

Main Strategy:
The idea of this team is to lock your opponent into an attack by Gardevoir Tricking Choice Scarf to them. Then continue to cripple them. Captivate has great synergy with my other Pokemon who use Curse. Captivate lowers their Special Attack while Curse increase your defence.

@Choice Scarf
EVs: 252HP / 176Spd / 164 Def
Nature: Timid
~ Trick
~ Thunder Wave/Psychic
~ Captivate
~ Will-O-Wisp

This set works more in mind of crippling your opponents, WoW gives an atk drop, which lessens the need Thunder Wave to cripple. Psyhic gives you a STAB so you dont get stuck w/o an attack move. You could still keep Thunder Wave on making her Double Status, but I personally would go for Psychic
Just a little change to your Gardevoir.

^i object to that as flash is a hell of alot better than captivate

think about it captivate has an effect that can be used on opposite genders which sucks before you relise that pory-z and regice arn't effected.

flash is better beacuse they will only have a 33% chance of hitting you

EDIT: also thunderwave is better because of 25% speed and 25% chance to not attack

what you mean captivate can only be used on opposite gender?
Then should I replace with light screen then?

yes thunderwave and flash is much more important because you need to remember the AI doesn't switch.

I don't want to burn them because they can slowly die and can't let me setup and also thunderwave is a better status since they have a 1/4 to not attack as shiny meta has said.

donovantx8 must have been thinking this was for competitive because he mentioned double status but this is actually for battle tower ingame where the AI will not switch to allow you to double status.

I would use memento on Gardevoir mainly because it allows a free switch-in to another of your pokemon (just in case you don't have the time to debuff).

I would abandon Poliwrath for a CMCune, just incase there is something that you can't deal with on the Physical side. Try this for 'Cune:

Suicune @ Leftovers / Life Orb
Timid Nature - Pressure
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 6 HP

-Calm Mind
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-HP Electric

That should work pretty well, it builds off Suicune's meager offensive stats instead of focusing on its best defensive stats.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)