Skins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Instead of the traditional blue on white, I know in Serebii they have around 13+ skins, could Smogon implement this, like a Black/White skin to celebrate Pokemon BW etc.
Just an idea

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Serebii is also ugly as sin.

More skins unfortunately increases the stress on the servers so this will not likely be happening aside from maybe a mobile skin for smartphones and tablets if someone has the time to make one.

Lilymoding

formerly Kyosuru Jets
Skins like design? Well I don't know if this is what you are talking about, but there is a thing similar to what you are talking about (hopefully). On Google Chrome, you can install a free app called stylish, which lets you put different styles on sites, including pokemon Showdown, or even this site I think.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/stylish/fjnbnpbmkenffdnngjfgmeleoegfcffe?hl=en

Edit: That is to say if you use chrome (which I recommend)

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
It would only really involve swapping stylesheets which isn't something that would be all that stressful on the server or anything and it's not impossible that this will happen in the future. The functionality is there. The problem is actually doing it. Our basic theme isn't really "done", let alone starting on some more. There's a lot of work involved in doing it properly.

Anyway, it will probably be a while before anything can really happen with it because there's still a lot to do all over the site. Thanks for the suggestion, though!

Edit: Yeah, this thread is ancient. I typed out that whole reply and everything. Anyway, locked now so no more necrobumps.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)