XY OU Slowbro Stall

So I've been watching some threads and some discussions here and there and saw some chatter about Slowbro and its potential. I wound up getting pretty interested and opted to make a team around Slowbro. Due to its bulky water status, access to Regenerator, Slack Off, and Scald, the best way to make a team around Slowbro is to make it a stall team. The team is still young so any help would be appreciated.

MegaSlowbro.JPG

Whoops. Wrong one.

There we go.

Slowbro @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Thunder Wave
- Slack Off
- Fire Blast

Here's Slowbro, one of the physical walls on the team. The EV spread helps it tank a pair of Hydro Pumps from Specs Keldeo. Scalds there for a primary STAB move as well as its 30% chance to cause burns which can be very annoying for physical attackers to deal with. I run Thunder Wave over Toxic to slow down fast threats such as Mega Charizard X. Slack Off is Slowbro's form of recovery giving it 50% of its health back. Lastly, I run Fire Blast on Slowbro to deal with Scizor & Ferrothorn mainly on the switch.

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll -> Thick Fat
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis

To alleviate some weaknesses from Slowbro, I opted to go for a bulky Grass type. I could go Amoonguss for a double Regenerator core and has access to Spore or I could go Mega Venusaur who doesn't care about Knock Off and has better offensive stats. Either one would have sponged Grass type attacks for Slowbro, but ultimately, I opted to go with Mega Venusaur. The EV spread gives Mega Venusaur the ability to...well...speed tie with Adamant Azumarill due to the fact that I'm running HP Fire. Giga Drain serves as Mega Venusaur's primary STAB while giving it some recovery. HP Fire is there to (once again) nail Scizor & Ferrothorn while also helping me beat Bisharp. Sludge Bomb is my secondary STAB to help me deal with Fairies & has a nice 30% chance to poison my target. Lastly, Synthesis is there for a bit more recovery that Mega Venusaur may need.

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Lava Plume
- Roar
- Protect

Heatran completes the Fire-Water-Grass core for this team. Investing in max SpD & near Max HP for Heatran to tank as much special hits as possible (and Mega-Mawile will probably wind up leaving OU anyways). Lava Plume is my STAB move of choice giving a 30% chance to burn my target. I'm also opting for Will-O-Wisp over Toxic to continue hindering physical attackers. Protect will help me scout out what my opponent wants to do while helping me have burn damage rack up. Roar's on the last slot to deal with setup sweepers.

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Heal Bell
- Moonblast
- Wish

Clefable serves as another stop to set up sweepers with her Unaware ability as well as the team cleric in case Slowbro gets nailed by a Toxic. She also helps tank Dark & Bug type moves that Slowbro wouldn't appreciate tanking. Moonblast serves as Clefable's primary STAB move giving out a 30% chance to lower the opponent's special attack (but that's irrelevant due to Clefable's Unaware ability). Calm Mind helps boost Clefable's SpA & SpD stats by 1 stage making her even more bulky and making Moonblast stronger. Wish helps Clefable give HP back to her or her allies. Lastly, Heal Bell removes statuses from her allies.

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Counter
- Whirlwind
- Roost

Skarmory serves as the team's Defogger and is yet another physical wall on the team. Defog will get rid of the hazards on the field to have my team avoid taking any damage I don't want them to take. Whirlwind helps me phaze out various set up sweepers. Roost gets Skarmory's health back by 50% and gives it a chance to get back up to Sturdy range. Counter is a sneaky move I run on Skarmory to ruin the lives of anything that dares to hit Skarmory with a physical attack such as Mega Heracross.

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Force
EVs: 252 HP / 72 Def / 184 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge

Originally, this team had Cresselia on it to help me deal with Thundurus-I, Landorus-I, & Mega Medicham better, but it also gave me a bit more of a Bisharp weakness. As a result, I did some research & thought Hippowdon would be the best thing to help me out with dealing with Bisharp. The spread helps Hippowdon avoid the 2HKO from Thundurus-I while giving it the ability to tank hits from both sides of the spectrum. One might wonder "why Sand Force over Sand Stream?" This is because Venusaur needs to utilize Synthesis to its fullest potential so I'm opting to run Sand Stream on Hippowdon. Earthquake is Hippowdon's STAB move that will help me deal with Bisharp. I originally carried Stealth Rock on Heatran, but carrying it on Hippowdon lets Heatran run WoW while giving my team the ability to set up hazards. Slack Off helps Hippowdon get its health up. The last move here was rather tricky for me. I could use Whirlwind to have another mon phaze out set up sweepers or I could run Stone Edge to help me deal with Talonflame, Mega Pinsir, & Mega Charizard Y. I ultimately went with Stone Edge to get rid of these threats.

Hope you guys like the team and give me suggestions on what I could run on this team to make it better.

Slowbro @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Thunder Wave
- Slack Off
- Fire Blast

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Lava Plume
- Roar
- Protect

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Heal Bell
- Moonblast
- Wish

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Force
EVs: 252 HP / 72 Def / 184 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Counter
- Whirlwind
- Roost

EDIT: Credit to Exeggutorial for help with making this team

Last edited:

Srn

Water (Spirytus - 96%)
is an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
OUPL Champion
I honestly think that Cress>Hippo was a pretty big mistake in teambuilding.

I'd say a skarm is kind of enough right there to handle bisharp, but you even got a defensive mega venu with hp fire; bisharp's not even that common anymore and you should be fine with those two. Meanwhile, you have absolutely no safe switch-ins to landorus and you really really need cress back :S
I'd roll with something like Ice Beam (for them pesky CM lando's) moonlight, toxic, filler? could run t-wave in the filler, or psychic, your preference; cress just doesn't do a lot for defensive teams.

For skarm, I'd run either taunt+counter or brave bird+whirlwind, not a weird combo of the two. Considering you have a clefable, lets pretend you're safe against mega hera, and stick with taunt+counter. Evs and everything else is fine about it

Clefable I'd honestly just dump CM and use protect for a far safer method of recovery; never have I seen a unaware CM clef sweep a well-made team. Unaware clef should just stick to cleric stuff, magic guard is far better at CM.

I'd use toxic over t-wave on slowbro just because bulky roost can just keep setting up and roosting off your weak scalds, and the bulky dd'er is the better and more common zard-x in comparison to offensive with eq/tpunch. Idk I just don't like paralysis too much on stall without something strong to just take care of it and wipe it out :S

Wisp on tran is ok for mawile, but as soon as that goes toxic is by far the better choice; heatran naturally beating poisons and steels through typing/stabs makes tran one of the best spreaders of toxic in the game so its nicer to take advantage of that.
Not the biggest fan of roar, I'd probably go with taunt as a magic guard CM stored power clefable can blow past even your mega venu and unaware clef once it gets enough boosts to tank sludge bombs, and that's only 2. So yeah taunt will put a nice stop to that and I just like taunt's utility better S:

So basically
Hippo-->Cress, sp. def
skarm: whirlwind-->taunt
Clefable: CM-->Protect
Slowbro: T-wave-->Toxic
Tran: Wisp-->Toxic

Hope I was able to help :]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)