Slowking/Tangrowth RMT(bulky offense)

Hello people of Smogon,this is my 1st RMT for RU,and has some Pokemon that I enjoy using,such as Gallade and Tangrowth.Anyway,enough with the intro,on with the RMT!
Gallade(M)@Lum Berry.
Ability: Justified
EVs: 56 Spd / 252 Atk / 200 HP
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Drain Punch
- Psycho Cut
- Leaf Blade

Gallade was chosen because it is one of the best bulky attackers in RU after just one SD.Leaf Blade helps take care of Quagsire,which can ignore SD,and also has decent coverage.Drain Punch and Psycho Cut are for STAB,Drain Punch was chosen over CC because the defense drop wasn't helping.The Lum Berry is there to get rid of stuff such as Burn and Paralysis.

Rhydon @Eviolite
Ability: Reckless
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Megahorn

Rhydon was chosen over Rhyperior because of one thing:Eviolite.Rhydon is quite good at setting up rocks,able to beat most spinners such as Kabutops and also can beat Xatu,which is a pain in the ass for stealth rock setters.EdgeQuake is for the coverage it provides,and with STAB it can devastate most pokemon.Megahorn is there to catch most Grass types on the switch,OHKOing most of them with max attack and an Adamant nature.

Slowking @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 HP / 252 SDef
Careful Nature
- Scald
- Slack Off
- Fire Blast
- Thunder Wave

Slowking is part of my Regenerator core,one of 3 pokemon in the tier that gets the ability(why I chose it).Scald helps weaken physical threats,which are a major threat to Slowking.Slack Off is used because of the obvious need for recovery,which is a big part of a wall's success.Fire Blast is to hit the Grass Types that resist Scald,and finally TWave is to cripple the opponents fast sweepers.
Tangrowth @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Giga Drain
- Leech Seed
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Oh sweet Jesu,with Slowking Tangrowth is just broken.I use Sleep Powder is so that I can get up Leech Seed and maybe a few attacks,Leech seed is Tangrowth's best support move,combined with Giga Drain and Leftovers Tangrowth's recovery is VERY hard to beat.Finally,HP Fire is to dent Steel or Grass types that resist Giga Drain.
Clawitzer @ Assault Vest
Ability: Mega Launcher
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Aura Sphere
- Water Pulse
- Ice Beam

Clawitzer was chosen because of synergy with Emboar and Tangrowth(FWG)and it's good move pool coming off that base 120 special attack stat.Dark Pulse and Aura Sphere have great coverage together,but Water Pulse hits harder than both of them(neutrally).Ice beam rounds out Dragon and Grass types that resist water pulse,doing major damage to them.The assault vest is so that Clawitzer can take attacks easily,and then blast back with a coverage move.
Emboar @ Expert Belt
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Hammer Arm
- Sucker Punch
- Flare Blitz
- Earthquake

Emboar is the final member of my team,chosen for it's amazing offensive typing and coverage.Hammer Arm and Flare Blitz are for STAB,and the speed drop from hammer arm isn't really relevant because Emboar is built to be a bulky attacker anyway.Sucker Punch is to hit Psychic types that outspeed and do major damage to Emboar,and is also a form of priority.Finally,Earthquake is to get more coverage against things like the rare Heatproof Bronzong and Fire Types.Expert Belt is there because the life orb recoil tends to bite me in the ass,causing problems.

So that's the team.Please rate and comment,no flames pls ^x^

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)