Gen 7 SM AG | dual fairy offense. (peaked 2122, #1 multiple times, 98.3 gxe, 500 posts, etc.)

rmtbg.png

art by the inimitable zo

sup. this is my fav team of all time lmao, prolly (read: definitely) my most used too bc i used to almost exclusively ladder with this team and variations of it when sm was current gen. this rmt has been a long time coming, ive been asked to rmt it in the past and i think one of my friends has posted it in a team thread before but i can't really remember lmfao, and it mentally only makes sense that this shit ends up being my .5k bc i can't think of anything else to be better. anyways, this is what i consider to be one of if not the most consistent offense across all of sm at least when current gen was popping. it's offense that beats offense, has a good match up into most balances, and is good into everything that isn't hard stall. it's gotten a bit worse due to the skarph rmt being more common and i haven't been bringing it to tours as much bc of that + people know i love the shit out of stall2, but it's still probably my best team by the numbers and over the longest period of time lmao. i'm not sure of what else to say, so without further ado, here's df.

1 :arceus::rayquaza-mega::kyogre::arceus::yveltal::necrozma-dusk-mane:
honestly, this team didn't start out as entirely original LOL. i was a ladder goon that stole a lot of teams when i was getting my start in sm, and i was a huge fan of offense. one of my fav teams and the teams i had gotten best results with at the time was a version of cuntspam that hunter was using with scarf kyogre (going scarf ogre and then doubling into ray and dding on don was some of the most fun shit, would recommend), and i loved the shit out of the team. this was around the time that usum had just been dropped and marsh and zyg was really starting to pop off, and lead fairyceus was really good into marshadow and into rayquaza and zygarde complete. that was my first foray into really starting to like lead fairyceus, but it wasn't exactly everything i wanted and more, esp bc i didn't make it lol.
2 :arceus::arceus::yveltal::necrozma-dusk-mane::rayquaza-mega::marshadow:
i made a new team! this time it's my own, but it's very distinctly similar to what i was already using with a few changes. it's got the exact same six from preview but with a marshadow over the scarf kyogre, because marshadow is fucking good lmao. the marsh is this set with life orb and substitute because i already had ndm as my z move mon, and substitute was a really cool tech that allowed me to sub up on a rayquaza or xerneas or even sometimes a dd zyg and click spectral thief after whatever they do. sub would allow me to just not let ray set up or come in at all lmao, esp after rocks; you kill ray at -2 with spectral after two rounds of lo chip, and at -1 after rocks and one round, and xern can't click geomancy if you sub up first bc you steal their boosts and 2hko. this set is if it isn't on offense don't run it on balance. anyways, there's a few other changes on this team to the original cuntspam team, with my ray being cb over dd bc that shit fucking rides, my yveltal being metronome (with knock over sucker punch for what i can only assume is blissey), and a second fairyceus! the fairy arc is cm refresh because i felt like it gave me the best odds into balance with support arcs and shit like glare zygarde, giratina, and toxic ho-oh, and i ended up falling in love with this set heavy bc it was not only a consistent late game cleaner, it was a good defensive option on offense without giving up too much on the offensive end. most importantly, it gave me a check to marshadow that wasn't just a one time check like chople berry arceus or xerneas. anyways this team is nowhere close to optimal, let's move on.
3 :arceus::arceus::arceus::rayquaza-mega::marshadow::ditto:
fast forward a few months and i'm chatting with adf test. i had known he was good before bc i was a stalker of the ag resources thread where he had the first ever 97 gxe in gen six but i'd never talked to him much before. i wanted to build a team with him bc i figured if he's as good as he is in oras (and sm) that if i make smth with him it'll be good too. we eventually ended up making this! it looks similar to what this rmt is, and i used 5 of these mons for 13 different versions of this team LOL. it looks similar to the six i had before hand and originally was going to be lead groundceus > lead fairy arc but i made an executive call to do otherwise bc i didn't like how easy it was to take advantage of by smth like dd ray. it's got the same core of fairy arc fairy arc steel type marsh mray but it got made into steelceus > ndm bc steelceus can switch into smth like cb rayquaza or lo ray on ascent (provided rocks are up) to lessen the load on fairyceus/marsh and also bc it can set up more than once per match into smth like balance or stall while not being dead weight into ho. it's also rly helpful for chipping pdon with earth power bc you can just click ep on the switch or set up to +2 like a god and claim the don (like a don). the sixth mon was actually originally ditto, and the concept behind it was that i was into the idea of ditto offense to beat other offense, and shit like marshadow and xern don't just autowin if they set up on the right cm arc. the team performed well but wasn't optimal. the team is already good into offense due to an antilead, ample priority and not a single mon below 329 speed while having defensive fallbacks and nothing that gets taken advantage of to the point of calamity, making ditto feel redundant. let's move on!
4 and final :arceus::arceus::arceus::rayquaza-mega::marshadow::mewtwo:
honestly, it'd be hard to say where i got the idea from mewtwo from. i'm fairly certain the idea was that i struggled into necrozma and i fucking hated poisonceus. the concept is pretty simple, but this is the version that got me past the hump of 2k for the first time and the final six i ended on, but it isn't really as simple as that. i bounced around from so many different versions of this last 5 mons with a rogue six that it wasn't even funny. from time to time i was convinced dual fairy wasnt even the answer anymore and was going for single fairy (poverty style). the answer to my problems in the end was this broke ass squad, stall2 is so fucking good im actually a nuthugger for that mon oh my god. this team perfectly facilitates it too, stall2 + mons that deal with don (ray) + mons that deal with darkceus (dual mf fairy arcs). it helps not only with poisonceus, but it helps with hooh, regular ndm, ultra necrozma, poisonceus, sd arcs, support arcs, this shit's a swiss army knife here and im so for it and have been so for it. life orb m2 also mcfucks but not as hard, i think i originally took life orb m2 from the ancient curve rmt and made it no focus blast bc fuck missing and normalceus wasnt too common and i wasnt living in the darkceus era yet, plus flamethrower pops ferro and helps with ndm. skarph also lost to me on ladder using webs and told me im a fucking idiot for using substitute marshadow over z bulk up marshadow midgame, so it has permanently been that set ever since. im finally done with this section, u can scroll down now.

NOT (Arceus-Fairy) @ Pixie Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Judgment
- Stealth Rock
- Magic Coat
- Roar

dedicated lead. there's very few scenarios where you're not going to lead this mon, lead this 99.7% of the time into offense, balance, stall, whatever the fuck. this mon's type on it's own makes it the best possible lead for the occasion. fairy type judgment literally just makes shit like marshadow, darkceus, zygarde, and rayquaza melt, all while you can take hits. bear in mind mega ray is an 86-101% roll to kill so you have to take a hit and then it'll die from orb chip if they lead it and stay in fsr into the team. magic coat is there to catch rogue toxic's from support arcs and ho-ohs and groudons, and most importantly catch taunts, stealth rocks, and spores from other suicide leads like deoxys-speed, smeargle, aerodactyl, shuckle, whatever. this mon on its own makes the hyper offense match up so much easier, due in part to roar + stealth rocks as well as magic coat. roar is so you don't get taken advantage of by shit like autonomize dusk mane, rock polish don, geoxern, shit like viv, and often raw invalidates fullpass, and makes stuff like smashpass way harder to go through. there's some weird match ups this mon has to finesse sometimes but if you use your brain a little bit and know the matchups and how to play them, you're guccio gucci.
first things first, use your brain, if they lead some shit like steelceus or some shit like defog poisonceus, or if theyre good enough to judgment the lead arc instead of toxic it, don't be afraid to switch out. some mu's to know are listed below:
:rayquaza-mega: - click judgment. if they dd and don't die to orb recoil + judg, go marsh and revenge.
:kyogre: - if it's primal, judgment once and then set rocks. origin pulse doesn't kill in one, spout doesn't kill if you judgment first. if it's regular kyogre just set rocks like a man.
:groudon-primal: - if ur feeling shiesty click magic coat to catch rocks or toxic, if not just click sr. if they toxic on coat, spam the shit out of coat to deny rocks and get chip on don with toxic.
:ho-oh: - either click magic coat to catch toxic or go the other fairy arc/mewtwo to get burnt by sacred or refresh off a toxic. this is so good to get tox'd because you can 1v1 with mewtwo and the cm refresh fairy now. you dont wanna get the lead fairy statused bc then rocks are doomed to never go up.
:deoxys-speed: - click mcoat to catch taunt or sr. if they sr, judg after. if they click screens, click sr right after or spam mcoat as they sr till their light screen is on the last turn and then roar.
:deoxys-attack: - either mcoat or click sr. if they psycho boost on sr, judg after. if they taunt on mcoat, sr after and then judge. if you got the 50/50 wrong, be better.
:shuckle: - this ones prediction reliant as fuck. click mcoat turn one. if they infestation, click mcoat until it runs out as they encore, and then judgment as they infestation again or win a 50/50 and coat again. you can also just force no webs or just webs on both sides if youre good enough, if they spam click rocks onto mcoat just click judge.
:sableye-mega: - click judge as they fakeout/protect, sr or judge on the turn they switch out.
:arceus: - vs fairy arc, dark arc, water arc, click mcoat to catch a toxic. spam mcoat till theyre gonna take 25% from tox the next turn, judg after. vs groundceus normalceus, click sr and then roar if they set up. vs steelceus, switch to your own and then pray kek. vs poisonceus, switch into mewtwo. you can be a real 1 into darkceus and click judg or sr turn one but that's user discretion.
:gengar-mega: - switch into steelceus and pray theyre not focus blast or psong, or sr if you read either of those as a set. lead mewtwo into mgar teams.
:smeargle: - magic coat if you think theyre gonna click webs or spore, judg if you think theyre going to nuzzle(this is also webs), rocks after. if they click shell smash, choose between roaring on baton pass or magic coating on spore.
:necrozma-dusk-mane: if it's on balance, go to stalltwo. if it's on ho and they have a suicide lead and still lead this, either set rocks and go stalltwo after, or go stalltwo, or roar.

FOR (Arceus-Fairy) @ Pixie Plate
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Recover
- Calm Mind
- Refresh

the star of the team and what holds this team together. this mon does what the lead fairy arc does but with actual longevity. this mon switches into shit like zygarde, marshadow, ho-ohs and support arcs and recovers or refreshes away whatever they throw at it. this cleans when stuff like don and steels are weakened. you 100% 1v1 support arcs, but you also have a steelceus so don't make this the 100% answer to it 100% of the time. you can finesse shit like groudon too but you can also get finessed so do not go into this on a healthy don. don't be afraid to make doubles vs teams with mgar or when breakers like mray or lo marsh have you low on hp. usually don't let this take an ascent either, you die to ascent + espeed esp after rocks. keep this healthy for marsh bc this is the one consistent check you have to it, and if they click bulk up when rocks are up sack smth please for the love of god bc you die to +1 z after rocks. this mon is so good i love it sm, refresh is chosen over stuff like fire blast or earth power bc you can already deal with stuff like ferro or don with stall2, ray, or steelceus and refresh allows it to clean through balances for fun especially in a last mon scenario.

HONOR (Arceus-Steel) @ Iron Plate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Earth Power
- Calm Mind
- Recover

second cm arc, dedicated flying resist, incredible sweeper and late game cleaner. this is the mon you switch into fairyceus, often into band ray, non sd ndm, poisonceus, and oftentimes ferrothorn or ndm. im of the opinion that fast flying resists are borderline necessary so you can check shit like band ray and switch into other ray sets clicking ascent and not explode from coverage. this is that fast flying resist. it helps into stuff like mewtwo or mgar as well as a switch in before or after they mega. it makes the mgar mu way more playable because you can double into this and click ep on sub or any attack and not instantly lose a mon. earth power was chosen as the coverage move bc thunder is lame as fuck and without earth power this team is a lot more weak to groudon, and this set allows you to ep on the switch in or cm up to +2 provided rocks are up and click buttons vs a team with no ho-oh. idt it can be understated just how valuable a toxic immune support arc is, and steel isn't a type that any mon is immune to, so this mon is really a no brainer imo and pretty simple to use and enjoy.

BUT (Rayquaza-Mega) @ Life Orb
Ability: Delta Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Ascent
- Earthquake
- Extreme Speed

if u've played anything goes before in sm or oras, you've seen this mon before and you've seen this set before. this is the reason ag exists in the first place and god if it isn't good here. this mon is the whole reason you have a match up into both primals, cm groundceus, webs, ho-oh and to a degree spdef ndm, while also just giving a huge boost in immediate power and snowball potential that this team otherwise just wouldn't have. eq is chosen over vcreate bc i dont like losing speed + skarm/celesteela arent too big of a threat if you can play stall2 and your cm arcs right and eq helps vs don, everything else is standard dd ray. it's dd over draco or some other shit because being able to change moves is so good, as well as the fact that clicking dd and watching shit get atomized gives me a nice hit of dopamine.

FOR (Marshadow) @ Marshadium Z
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Spectral Thief
- Close Combat
- Shadow Sneak
- Bulk Up

the speed control! arguably the second best mon in the tier imo if you're not counting all arc forms as one mon. this mon is such a good glue as well; it's another mon that can do its job of cleaning so well that it makes the ho match up laughably easy. switch this shit in on chipped normal arcs, revenge and clean up cm arcs, click z vs ray and click sneak vs ray's u've alr chipped, click z vs xern then sneak after they geo, click sneak vs gengars, actually kill lunalas, really just do whatever u want with this mon LOL, this team wouldn't function without it. if u feel like it you can also make it substitute over bulk up and then make it life orb too but it's really as good as z except into hard offense. it's bulk up over sub rn bc of that very reason and bc i didn't already have a z move user, and stacking set up mons is my passion. you can also lead this into gengar teams instead of mewtwo, but it's up to u cutiepie.

YOU (Mewtwo) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
Timid Nature
- Psystrike
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt

an amazing glue mon and honestly a swiss army knife of a mon. most importantly, this checks ultra necrozma, helps force rocks to stay up, force status onto mons, can pp stall attacks or just deny mons recovery, and in general make extremely unpleasant scenarios for the opponent. specifically, switch this mon into stuff like poisonceus, ferrothorn, hooh if you know they wont toxic, ndm if you know they wont z sunsteel or toxic/twave, and stuff like celesteela. this mon gets way easier to use with experience, but god if i don't love this mon. it's more speed control and patches up an important hole that is ultra necrozma. the way you deal with ultra nec is that if they sd while you're coming in, wisp. as you wisp, if they burst theyre screwed if they don't have outrage or xscissor. if they click anything but those moves, you can taunt or recover depending on how much damage they took or whether they sd'd again. sometimes you have to sack mewtwo and sometimes that's fine; psystrike does around 23-27 to unec and way less to dusk mane, so you can typically stay in and 1v1 with wisp chip and choice psystrikes. if stalltwo dies, there's a marshadow and a rayquaza to revenge after and the cm arcs take pretty little provided unec doesn't get another chance to set up. if it's cm, click psystrike and then revenge with marsh again, harder mu but not too hard. you can switch this into stuff like poisonceus to avoid being perish trapped with steelceus, but in general just dont be stupid. you cant touch dark arcs so keep that in mind. you tank one shadow sneak from even +1 marshadow, so mewtwo is also usable as a last ditch answer to marsh if smth went terribly wrong. anyw i love this mon aaaaaaaa

conclusion
if you read this far, thank you for reading! im honestly really proud of this team and have been since current gen. i basically learned how to play pokemon at a competitively viable level because of this team. it's taken my farther than i've gone in any other tier, generation, whatever, and i'm happy to have made it and spent time on ladder with friends and people who aren't or weren't friends. it feels bittersweet, but this team is pretty much done with being used by me due to metagame trends shifting and due to everyone knowing i love stalltwo, so this feels like a proper send off. glad to have finally written and finished this :3

NOT (Arceus-Fairy) @ Pixie Plate
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Stealth Rock
- Magic Coat
- Roar

FOR (Arceus-Fairy) @ Pixie Plate
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Recover
- Calm Mind
- Refresh

HONOR (Arceus-Steel) @ Iron Plate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Earth Power
- Calm Mind
- Recover

BUT (Rayquaza-Mega) @ Life Orb
Ability: Delta Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Ascent
- Earthquake
- Extreme Speed

FOR (Marshadow) @ Marshadium Z
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Spectral Thief
- Close Combat
- Shadow Sneak
- Bulk Up

YOU (Mewtwo) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
Timid Nature
- Psystrike
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt

1690700004590.png

1690700042702.png

1690700732842.png

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7anythinggoes-964466474-5629cebylj9qpdfntuna3q5tlfw6wqlpw actual peak replay of 2122
im trap metal and lord sutch and edgar allan poem. triple threat if u will

robyn- i wouldn't still be playing this game if it wasn't for all the hours and days we spent on ladder and in each others dms talking abt mons shit and otherwise. hope ur doing ok homie
bird- ily, thank you for everything and thank you for being there whenever i need u to be. ty for showing me all these movies i'd never see otherwise too oml
zio- real one, youre fire and ty for being fun as fuck to talk to
uni- feel the same way abt you as i do robyn. prolly my closest mons friend i still have, hope ur doing ok
poke- #1 cheerleader, i wouldn't be playing mons rn if it wasn't for you always being there to talk to being as supportive as u always are, i wouldnt have ever gone for 98 without you. ty :3
amby- thanks for making shit 100% less boring during 2022 and 2023, fun as fuck to talk to and my fav silly little critter
people in the jerks- too many to name, thank you for giving me a place to have an outlet and talk whenever irl was boring or shit just wasn't going my way.

Attachments

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)