Resource SM Creative + Underrated Sets

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm getting a negative vibe from this "constructive criticism" and it is starting to get excessive. please stop targeting other people's sets in this thread unless they are completely horrid. if it's not good enough, we won't be adding it to the archive. targeting other people's post won't do anything productive outside of making this thread a fuckfest and maybe net you a few likes (?). obviously someone like ben gay knows better but it is starting to happen in this thread and has already happened in oras

expect an update soon.

lmao and the worst thing you can do is quote someone and then proceed to advertise your own set

Garchomp @ Dragonium Z
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

The idea of this set is to extremely weaken defensive Landorus-t with Z Draco Meteor and set Stealth Rock, I was never a big fan of using the Offensive Stealth Rock it would usually just leave Landorus-t quite healthy leaving it to still be useful while Garchomp would just probably just chipped some damage off and set Stealth Rock leaving it either really weakened or KO'd but with Z Draco Meteor you can do from min to max 70%-83% damage to Landorus-t which makes Landorus-t weakened and able to set your rocks up which this set handles Landorus-t a lot better than the Offensive SR set.

This set also handles Physical Defensive threats better as most people are gonna expect Physical Garchomp like Rotom-W and Still handles the usual threats that it can threaten like Toxapex and Steel Types easier while so here are some calcs that show what this set can do.
252 SpA Garchomp Devastating Drake (195 BP) vs. 252 HP / 24 SpD Landorus-Therian: 270-318 (70.6 - 83.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Garchomp Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 24 SpD Landorus-Therian: 102-120 (26.7 - 31.4%) -- guaranteed 4HKO

4 Atk Garchomp Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 232+ Def Toxapex: 150-176 (49.3 - 57.8%) -- 52% chance to 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery
252 SpA Garchomp Devastating Drake (195 BP) vs. 252 HP / 24 SpD Toxapex: 168-198 (55.2 - 65.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery

252 SpA Garchomp Devastating Drake (195 BP) vs. 248 HP / 20 SpD Rotom-Wash: 213-252 (70.2 - 83.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Garchomp Devastating Drake (195 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Medicham-Mega: 262-310 (100.3 - 118.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
4 Atk Garchomp Earthquake vs. 44 HP / 0 Def Mawile-Mega: 224-266 (88.8 - 105.5%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

The only main downside with this set that it will lack is the usual Earthquake power like it will miss out on OHKO Magearna for example than most of its Regular sets despite this for a Trade off taking on Landorus-T much easier due to how common it is while doing its normal job of setting Stealth Rock and being Garchomp so I find this set worth to try out.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-564938214 Setted up Stealth Rock vs Landorus-t, weakened it with Z Draco Meteor and only getting lucky dodging Hypnosis which is risky itself and allowing Zapdos to take on most of the opposing team for it to sweep (it also shows how good 3 attacks Zapdos can be)

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-564930378 not the best of replays but shows Garchomp doing its job and again weakening Landorus-t and taking out Scolipede

Garchomp @ Dragonium Z
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

The idea of this set is to extremely weaken defensive Landorus-t with Z Draco Meteor and set Stealth Rock, I was never a big fan of using the Offensive Stealth Rock it would usually just leave Landorus-t quite healthy leaving it to still be useful while Garchomp would just probably just chipped some damage off and set Stealth Rock leaving it either really weakened or KO'd but with Z Draco Meteor you can do from min to max 70%-83% damage to Landorus-t which makes Landorus-t weakened and able to set your rocks up which this set handles Landorus-t a lot better than the Offensive SR set.

This set also handles Physical Defensive threats better as most people are gonna expect Physical Garchomp like Rotom-W and Still handles the usual threats that it can threaten like Toxapex and Steel Types easier while so here are some calcs that show what this set can do.
252 SpA Garchomp Devastating Drake (195 BP) vs. 252 HP / 24 SpD Landorus-Therian: 270-318 (70.6 - 83.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Garchomp Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 24 SpD Landorus-Therian: 102-120 (26.7 - 31.4%) -- guaranteed 4HKO

4 Atk Garchomp Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 232+ Def Toxapex: 150-176 (49.3 - 57.8%) -- 52% chance to 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery
252 SpA Garchomp Devastating Drake (195 BP) vs. 252 HP / 24 SpD Toxapex: 168-198 (55.2 - 65.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery

252 SpA Garchomp Devastating Drake (195 BP) vs. 248 HP / 20 SpD Rotom-Wash: 213-252 (70.2 - 83.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Garchomp Devastating Drake (195 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Medicham-Mega: 262-310 (100.3 - 118.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
4 Atk Garchomp Earthquake vs. 44 HP / 0 Def Mawile-Mega: 224-266 (88.8 - 105.5%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

The only main downside with this set that it will lack is the usual Earthquake power like it will miss out on OHKO Magearna for example than most of its Regular sets despite this for a Trade off taking on Landorus-T much easier due to how common it is while doing its normal job of setting Stealth Rock and being Garchomp so I find this set worth to try out.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-564938214 Setted up Stealth Rock vs Landorus-t, weakened it with Z Draco Meteor and only getting lucky dodging Hypnosis which is risky itself and allowing Zapdos to take on most of the opposing team for it to sweep (it also shows how good 3 attacks Zapdos can be)

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-564930378 not the best of replays but shows Garchomp doing its job and again weakening Landorus-t and taking out Scolipede
Your set has one big problem. You can use SD chomp with drakonium Z and have similar results:

+1 252 Atk Garchomp Devastating Drake (190 BP) vs. 252 HP / 216+ Def Landorus-Therian: 370-436 (96.8 - 114.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Your set has one big problem. You can use SD chomp with drakonium Z and have similar results:

+1 252 Atk Garchomp Devastating Drake (190 BP) vs. 252 HP / 216+ Def Landorus-Therian: 370-436 (96.8 - 114.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
That involves setting up to +2 though, which is less useful in the lead matchup considering PhysDef Lando-T can just switch after SD is revealed, wait for Drake to be released, and then still give it a headache later on in the match, and it also means you have to sacrifice Fire Blast or Stealth Rock to fit SD onto the set, which sacrifices either its utility in the lead position or its ability to pose as much of a threat to Steel-types which lack a ground weakness, most notably including Celesteela and Skarmory, but also preventing Ferro from setting up multiple layers of Spikes in Garchomp's face.

That said, Roseybear have you also considered running LO on that set? Dragonium definitely has its perks such as a better matchup vs. Lando-T in the lead position (Draco still 2-shots after SR tho if u factor in the drop, and either way it's heavily weakened regardless), but still does a lot of what the Dragonium set is capable of doing whilst increasing the firepower on its other attacks--allowing it to achieve feats such as an OHKO on max health Ferrothorn, a 50% chance to one-shot max HP Magearna after SR w/ EQ, better damage versus Celesteela, an OHKO on Skarm after SR as opposed to a 2HKO etc. In general I like mixed Chomp 'cause it does a good job of weakening a number of its typical checks for teammates, so props for the set :)

Last edited:
Serperior @ Normalium Z
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Glare
- Nature Power

Being paired with Tapu Lele or Tapu Koko gives Serperior the ability to defeat it's checks and counters.

I'll post replays when I get a chance. :]

Last edited:
Serperior @ Normalium Z
Ability: Contrary
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Glare
- Nature Power

Being paired with Tapu Lele or Tapu Koko gives Serperior the ability to defeat it's checks and counters.

I'll post replays when I get a chance. :]
Just really quick, I definitely like this set. It's both unpredictable and highly versatile. One thing that could be mentioned is pairing Serp up with Fini. This allows it to break through most Dragon-types with Moonblast/Twinkle Tackle.

Just really quick, I definitely like this set. It's both unpredictable and highly versatile. One thing that could be mentioned is pairing Serp up with Fini. This allows it to break through most Dragon-types with Moonblast/Twinkle Tackle.
That can work as well. I just figure that (Tapu Koko) T-Bolt/Gigavolt Havoc and (Tapu Lele) Psychic/Shattered Psyche is worth more in dealing with Celesteela / Heatran and Mega Venusaur and Amoonguss respectively.

I had this set planned for months, didn't find time to post it until now.

Yo, got some rly cool sets to share with you guys.

Scarf Ash Greninja

Greninja-Ash @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Battle Bond
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- U-Turn / Rock Slide / Spikes
- Dark Pulse
- Ice Beam

Scarf gren is a well-known set which fits on some teams that require it's qualities. Battle bond gren can also actually run a very similar set. Of course, variants like rock slide+gunk shot+ice beam+u-turn are better off with gren. However, i saw that in some teams of njnp, gren's scarf set is very similar to the standard ash gren variant (rslide,hpump,uturn,spikes and rslide,ibeam,hpump,spikes) . And i thought up of this set. The lack of a type change can net you a surprise kill against something like koko and scarf chomp unboosted. Of course, the damage output is very different but you can fool the opponent since this set is very rare and specs less ash gren usually doesn't switch moves either. Rslide can be used if rkilling volc is rly necessary since even a protean less rock slide will ko 4/0 volc. I can't really think of many disadvantages of using this set over the protean one except maybe the type change? tl;dr the set's main trick is to lure in certain opponents to ko them while also giving you a potential deadly weapon against offense. It also still fills the same role as scarf protean gren.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-571045126

Replay shows a match against a rain team (i asked a friend to help me out for a new trick). While we did not play that well in the match especially since he played risky to see my trick, gren allowed me to have a safety net against rain boosted kingdra, +1 scoli and koko. Transforming into ash gren also help me out to threaten to sweep his team. Even without mega maw, i could have won the game due to ash gren's immense power even with a scarf. Oh and the team i'm using in this replay is directly from njnp's archive. The scarf gren in the team almost overlaps with the set i'm using so i just replace it with this set.

Dual Chop Garchomp

Garchomp @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Dual Chop
- Stone Edge

Hate sticky web? Here's the set for you. Well, not a surefire check but it can help. Dual Chop can usually ko smeargle especially since it can break sash. Dual chop especially has no downside of using it over dclaw since it's main purpose is a reliable dragon type move. LO sets can also employ dual chop for a surefire ko and can also punish switching mimikyu with earthquake but i'm uncertain about the set because it triggers contact twice which is terrible against helmet lando. Dclaw on the other hand has shitty damage output against landog anyway so it doesn't matter. Not that i have tried out the set though so feel free. tl;dr Dual Chop is a reliable dragon type stab and trades 10% accuracy to beat unsuspecting smeargle leads in scarf sets. It's 100% worth if you ask me.

A replay really isn't needed in this case. Dual chop's sole purpose is to ko smeargle in the lead slot.

252 Atk Garchomp Dual Chop (2 hits) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Smeargle: 290-344 (92.3 - 109.5%) -- approx. 56.3% chance to OHKO

Choice Specs Rotom-Heat or just offensive Rotom-heat in general.
Rotom-Heat @ Choice Specs / Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Volt Switch / Pain Spilt / Trick / Will-O-Wisp
- Thunderbolt
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Ice]

I was thinking of a mon to break lando fini steel cores and i thought of this little guy. With this set, chomper, lando, fini, tang ,toxa , all steels,bulky waters and lots of other stuff are wrecked by rotom-heat. Even heatran is 2hkoed with specs tbolt and bulkier variants can't do jackshit to it. Speaking of defensive utility with will-o-wisp it can check a ton of mons like koko,tran,defensive lando,mega maw and even zen headbutt-less mega gross. Of course, don't curse me if it lets you down in certain match-ups, remember that it's B- in RU. Imo, lo gets too easily worn down but maybe it's just me. I've used pain spilt+lo and vswitch+specs and i prefer the latter. Haven't used the last two but seems pretty cool to me. Oh i forgot to mention this but in practice, getting rotom-heat in is very easy. tl;dr Rotom-heat is an underrated offensive threat that can demolish a lot of teams including steel+tang+tox,lando fini steel and a lot other shit while providing defensive utility.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-571058199

Rotom-heat pretty much OHKOes the whole teams even though all of his mons bar koko provide some sort of defensive utility. Even though i intentionally play risky to showcase it's threat level, i manage to win the match( though not sure if he was going easy on me or something)Some moves i did in the match might not make sense but i did them to let my rotom-heat in so that i can showcase it's power.

Rotom-F also popped in my mind but it's pretty much inferior to rotom-heat, in paper at least. Blizzard doesn't seem worth at all especially due to it's terrible accuracy and rotom-f's typing. Idk you can test this guy or something.

Lefties Dragonite

Dragonite @ Leftovers
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 120 HP / 148 Atk / 240 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Roost

This set gives your team a powerful wincon that can setup on common mons who are used to check regular Dnite. It has an amazing matchup against most offensive teams and works against fat teams with some offensive support.

148+ Attack is used to kill Greninja with +1 Dragon Claw and Tapu Lele with +2 Earthquake. You also 3HKO Tapu Fini at +1. You can DD on the switch and Earthquake three times as you survive two Moonblasts thanks to Multiscale. 120 HP gives Dragonite the magic number for lefties, that is divisible by 16 if you substract 1. 240 Speed allows Dragonite to outspeed Adamant Bulu, Adamant Diggersby, Timid Magearna and Modest Heatran at +0. At +1 you outspeed everything up to Weavile who might predict your set to be a slow variant if they see Lefties and attempt to Icicle Crash you.

Jolly is possible if you want to outspeed Ash Gren and Koko at +1 but most of the time you can DD on them again.

This set is hardwalled by Skarmory, Unaware mons and Celesteela and thus requires offensive coverage. Sash Landot with Rocks+Explosion can reliably weaken Skarmory attempting to Defog your hazards away. Magnezone can trap Skarmory, Celesteela and Ferrothorn for you. Even though you can PPstall Gyro Balls with Roost, Ferrothorn is still annoying if they Leech and pivot with Landot+Ferro. Choice Band Zygarde with Iron Tail can successfully lure Unaware Clef for Dragonite. SD Marowak eases the stall matchup and is in general a good mon to pair with physical sweepers. Mega Pinsir has similiar counters and can help overload them to allow one of them to sweep.

Hazard removal is necesarry for obvious reasons. You can use standard options like defensive Tapu Fini or Excadril. I tried offensive Wacan Berry Tapu Fini who is a very reliable Defogger for offensive teams weak to Tapu Koko (which offensive team is not weak to Tapu Koko). You can also eat up +1 Gigavolt Havocs from Magearna and Thunder Punch from Mega Mawile even without any HP investment while being able to lure Ferrothorn with HP Fire.

Offensive Calcs:
+1 148+ Atk Dragonite Dragon Claw vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Greninja: 285-336 (100 - 117.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 148+ Atk Dragonite Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Tapu Lele in Psychic Terrain: 287-338 (102.1 - 120.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+1 148+ Atk Dragonite Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 192 Def Tapu Fini in Misty Terrain: 129-152 (37.6 - 44.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

Defensive Calcs:
(HP Ice Calcs are without Flyingtyping)
0- SpA Landorus-Therian Hidden Power Ice vs. 120 HP / 0 SpD Multiscale Dragonite: 41-49 (11.6 - 13.8%)
0 SpA Tangrowth Hidden Power Ice vs. 120 HP / 0 SpD Multiscale Dragonite: 47-56 (13.3 - 15.8%)
0 SpA Tapu Fini Moonblast vs. 120 HP / 0 SpD Multiscale Dragonite: 99-117 (28 - 33.1%)

Replays:

Last edited:

Hoopa-Unbound @ Focus Sash
Ability: Magician
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature / Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Dark Pulse / Hyperspace Fury
- Gunk Shot
- Hyperspace Hole

Really cool set I've been using for a bunch of games now. Functions as an incredible lead vs. offensive teams, and is an stellar anti-offence tool. Furthermore, it acts as a breaker by virtue of being, well, Hoopa-Unbound; it basically removes the primary issue with Hoopa-U, its middling matchup vs. offensive teams, whilst still maintaining its breaking capabilities vs. balance. Focus Sash is used to survive the physical attacks that would otherwise OHKO, obviously; that being said, thanks to its stellar special bulk, it survives many special attacks, occasionally being able to set TR more than once per game.

To be paired with other, obvious offensive juggernauts such as MMawile, Specs Heatran, etc.

Replays: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 (peep 6, most definitely). Couple of sub-standard ones but they show the efficacy of the set, nonetheless.

Last edited:

SiTuM

j'ai du faire un mauvais rêve
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Greninja-Ash @ Darkinium Z
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Hydro Pump
- Taunt
- U-turn

Not that creative, but that's a set I think is very underrated. Z-Dark Pulse can pull of some Greninja counters on switch-in, such as Tangrowth, Celesteela, Zygarde, Zone, Non-Scarf Lele...
Z-Dark Pulse can also be used to kill a mon more easily, or just to hit harder when you're already Ash.
An other underrated move on Gren, to break balance or stall: Taunt. It can counter Celesteela, Toxapex, Non-PWhip Ferro...

Here are some replays where Greninja is doing a very good job :
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen7ou-268535
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen7ou-276837
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen7ou-268579

Last edited:

6ft Torbjorn

formerly JoycapJoshST

Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Hydro Pump
- Taunt
- U-turn

Not that creative, but that's a set I think is very underrated. It can pull of some Greninja counters on switch-in, such as Tangrowth, Celesteela, Zygarde, Zone, Non-Scarf Lele...
The Z-Move can be used to kill a mon more easily, or just to hit harder when you're already Ash.
An other underrated move on Gren, to break balance or stall: Taunt. It can counter Celesteela, Toxapex, Non-PWhip Ferro...

I certainly like the idea, and I realize that the emphasis is on BHE to find the transformation with... but think the +1 from Z-taunt and Uturn is a little counterproductive IMO. maybe try Rock Slide > Uturn, perhaps?

greninja.gif
Greninja (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
Timid Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Extrasensory

Greninja is an underlooked toxic spikes setter just because of the spikes set that helps it easily find a place in hazard stacking HO.
This Greninja is a much more helpful pick for balance and more BO builds just because it is the fastest viable toxic spikes setter that adds some important speed factor to slower builds,and a nice wallbreaker overall!
Coverage affects toxic spikes absorbers like toxapex/gengar/nihilego/venusaur/amoonguss,and most mons that are unaffected by the toxic spikes that greninja sets up like zapdos/latios/ferrothorn/skarmory.
The coverage can change up to teams needs.
I just felt that it's not used as much as it should be.
Optimal partners for it are toxic spikes abusers like VinCune/VinGarde/SubRachi etc.
Also other hazard stacking mons that can lay hazards versus stall are helpful since this gren set can't really get past sableye unless it freezes it.
Hf using it. c:

SiTuM

is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I certainly like the idea, and I realize that the emphasis is on BHE to find the transformation with... but think the +1 from Z-taunt and Uturn is a little counterproductive IMO. maybe try Rock Slide > Uturn, perhaps?
It's supposed to be Z-Dark Pulse, not Z-Taunt :/
Also why Rock Slide ? Volcarona ? You have a great Hydro Pump for him, and Chari-Y can be hit by Z-Dark Pulse or just Hydro Pump despite the sun

6ft Torbjorn

formerly JoycapJoshST
It's supposed to be Z-Dark Pulse, not Z-Taunt :/
Also why Rock Slide ? Volcarona ? You have a great Hydro Pump for him, and Chari-Y can be hit by Z-Dark Pulse or just Hydro Pump despite the sun
Exactly that. You check (or lure) Zara Y / Volc better with Rock Slide, and it gives Z-Taunt a small purpose (should you need it).

6ft Torbjorn

formerly JoycapJoshST
On another note, I have a set inspired by Rockium SD Lando-T that I've been experimenting with, and I believe has a lot of potential.

Apologies for the corny name, but I dub it Stones of Genesis Mew:

ShinyMew.gif

Mew @ Mewnium Z
Ability: Synchronize
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Fire Blast
- Stealth Rock
- Nasty Plot

And it's exactly that, a special version of the SR SD Landorus-T sets that have been seen before. The spurt of Psychic Terrain is what makes this unique, as you can lure out the Tapus if it is of any determent to them and use supports to check them (as well as making Psychic extra spammable), deny priority and other things. A +2 Genesis Supernova in general is very hard to switch into in general without a Dark type as well, and without one... well BO and anything with a glue slower then 100 base speed is literally going to have to pray to god. Fire Blast is the most interchangeable move on this set (depending on what your team needs), but can still lure things like MGross (if that sticks around); Magearna; Mawile; bulky Mega Scizor and any other steels of the sort. Oh, and you think Heatran can wall this? To that I say...
  • +2 252 SpA Mew Genesis Supernova vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Heatran: 238-281 (73.6 - 86.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
  • +2 252 SpA Mew Psychic vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Heatran in Psychic Terrain: 174-205 (53.8 - 63.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
You guys get the idea.

SR can also bluff the potential of it being a standard utility set, dependent upon the situation. I don't have that many replays on this (http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7oususpecttest-571907992 being my best example), and I'll happily keep this post updated should new examples come up.

Until next time, adios!

Exactly that. You check (or lure) Zara Y / Volc better with Rock Slide, and it gives Z-Taunt a small purpose (should you need it).
You could probably flex U-Turn / Rock Slide depending on your teams need, but the great utility of Z-Pulse is that you don't really need coverage because of your two powerful STABs, so U-Turn becomes more valuable and has great synergy with Taunt for stall breaking and forcing switches.

Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Hydro Pump
- Taunt
- U-turn

Not that creative, but that's a set I think is very underrated. Z-Dark Pulse can pull of some Greninja counters on switch-in, such as Tangrowth, Celesteela, Zygarde, Zone, Non-Scarf Lele...
Z-Dark Pulse can also be used to kill a mon more easily, or just to hit harder when you're already Ash.

I really enjoyed the second replay, where this Greninjaset did so much work. I loved it when you Taunted the Chansey and Uturned to Rocky Helmet/Iron Barbs. Solid chip damage lol

Ricardo

Banned deucer.

Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Hydro Pump
- Taunt
- U-turn

Glad i'm not the only one that uses z dark pulse ash gren :]
But don't you miss shuriken at times? the super strong priority is so good vs offense (scarf chomp, dd zygarde, auto celes, etc). u-turn always felt meh to me since you can just double and u-turns from regular gren don't do enough chip to justify sacrificing a moveslot for it imo.
Although it looks way better in this set than in regular specs since you force so many switchins with taunt so you get guaranteed chip on things.

SiTuM

Glad i'm not the only one that uses z dark pulse ash gren :]
But don't you miss shuriken at times? the super strong priority is so good vs offense (scarf chomp, dd zygarde, auto celes, etc). u-turn always felt meh to me since you can just double and u-turns from regular gren don't do enough chip to justify sacrificing a moveslot for it imo.
Although it looks way better in this set than in regular specs since you force so many switchins with taunt so you get guaranteed chip on things.
Yes Shuriken can be useful sometimes, but as you can see in the replays, I was playing BP Gross and ScarfChomp so...

Nidoqueen (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 40 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA / 212 Spe
Modest Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Flamethrower

This is a set that i have been using quite a lot recently and it works like a fucking charm. It one shots Ferrothorn, Heatran, Skarmory, Buzzwole, Scizor, Defensive Lando, Bulky Zygarde and a lot of other Pokemon as well. It deals heavy damage to the likes of assault vest Tangrowth, Tapu fini, Zapdos, Toxapex and many other walls. Add to that the fact that this thing actually lives an earthquake from a dugtrio at full health and virtually counters Tapu Koko. It 2HKO's standard Mega-Venusaur and certain variants of Celesteela after Stealth Rocks and is just such a good pokemon in the current meta.

The speed EV's allow this thing to outrun Defensive Garchomp even though that set isn't exactly too common nowadays. If you are using this i would advise you to pair it up with a Calm Mind Mega Slowbro and make sure that you have a way to deal with Greninja. Because if you don't, powerful ground types and Mega medicham just flatten your team.

Last edited:

Tapu Lele @ Electrium Z
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid/Modest Nature
- Psyshock
- Moonblast/Focus Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Calm Mind

If there is one thing Lele can do is forcing switch and that allow you to use CMind and massacre a lot of checks.

+1 252 SpA Tapu Lele Gigavolt Havoc (175 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Celesteela: 408-480 (102.5 - 120.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+1 252 SpA Tapu Lele Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey in Psychic Terrain: 390-460 (55.3 - 65.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Having already a Fairy coverage or simply if it isn't so much essential in your team you can run FBlast instead.

+1 252 SpA Tapu Lele Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Heatran: 374-440 (96.8 - 113.9%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO
+1 252 SpA Tapu Lele Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 168 SpD Ferrothorn: 298-352 (84.6 - 100%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO after 1 layer of Spikes

If you don't care about Jolly Lando-T, (without Scarf oc) Modest MCharY and Adamant MMedicham Modest nature is obvly better than Timid.

+1 252+ SpA Tapu Lele Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Skarmory: 292-344 (87.4 - 102.9%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
+1 252+ SpA Tapu Lele Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 200 SpD Ferrothorn: 320-378 (90.9 - 107.3%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

What makes this set useful is that you don't need Magnezone. I always use it with Heatran, a good check for MScizor and SR setter, but a Ground STAB is also required for hitting harder AV AMuk and Magearna.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7oususpecttest-574747042 Baitkilled Celesteela
It could be easily 6-0 with a little bit of luck: +1 252+ SpA Tapu Lele Psyshock vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Alakazam-Mega in Psychic Terrain: 229-270 (91.2 - 107.5%) -- 50% chance to OHKO
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7oususpecttest-574739906 Baitkilled Heatran+late sweep

Last edited by a moderator:
Sub-Protect-DD Zygarde?

Zygarde @ Leftovers
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 188 HP / 216 Atk / 104 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Protect
- Thousand Arrows
- Substitute

188 HP for 101 subs, 104 Speed for Timid Magearna. You can increase that to 260 for Dnite (and for Scarf Keldeo at +2), 280 for Heatran to prevent a Toxic. Rest into attack.

Sub is nice to prevent status+Leech Seed. Protect allows you to recover more HP and says NO to Mega Medicham. As long as your opponent cannot break your sub, you can DD to +6 if you Protect every second turn.
Good partners are Screensetters, Bulu, Mementousers and Tang lures (Spikes also help against Tang).

Since Zygarde forces a switch very easily, you can Sub the first turn and see the reaction. Protect to scout if they have Hidden Power Ice or any move to break your Sub and proceed to setup if possible or switchout after Thousand Arrow. Even though Mosa is gone, Espeed is still useful but not mandatory.

Replays:
Azelf HO:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-579503984

Screens HO:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-576749538
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-578075641
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-578082906

[URL='http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-579511997']http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-579511997
[/URL]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)