Project SM OU Lure That Threat v2 Round 45 - Heart Swap Magearna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Givrix

Mad Dog
is a Top Tiering Contributor
What's the HP EVs do in that set?
That's an old spread, it's not very crutial in the Tangrowth match up, but as far as I renember, it allows Kartana to take 2 earthquake from 0atk Landorus-t, 2 moonblast from Clefable, and avoidning some ohko like band hyperspace fury Hoopa-u, psychic M-Kazam (not very relevant tho) or +2 crunch M-Gyarados, stuff like that. It's not my spread initially, so feel free to do some calcs and see what it can take with and without the HP dump

Good

Toxic Zygarde - jordy is a bad user
Metal Sound Magnezone - I wanna give this a try now lol
Icium Z Manaphy - I think this was used in a tour recently, cool set.
Flyinium Z Koko
Knock Off Gliscor
Flyinium Z Landorus-T
Steelium Z Excadrill

Decent

Explosion Mega Diancie - My only issue is having to use this mon lmao.
Knock Clef - Tang isn't really a switch in anyway.
Knock Off Ferrothorn - Again. isn't much of a switch in, but Tangrowth can block Leech Seed in situations where you really need the recovery so it works there.
Sap Sipper Azumarill - Kinda the only Azu set worth using now.
Normalium Kartana - Tang hates being Knocked, and you sorta lose to all Z Variants anyway.

Bad

SpDef SD Megahorn Bulu - You just SD on Tangrowth anyway (the set doesn't have Sludge) and Grass + Bug is abysmal coverage.
Infestation Toxapex - Tang just gets Toxiced or burned anyway.

Sorry I was a bit late to this, was out all weekend. Anyway, here's the next mon to lure - this time it's an offensive one. Deadline is the 11th.

Round 28: Mega Alakazam

Alakazam @ Alakazite
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Recover
- Shadow Ball​

Super annoying to switch into if you don't have a Celesteela or Gastrodon pretty much, and actually has a surprising amount of defensive utility, so a lot of teams have to resort to luring him. Go wild.​

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 104 Def / 156 SpD
Impish Nature
- Pursuit
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Roost​

This Mega Scizor spread lets it switch into Mega Alakazam most of the time, if healthy, and it usually forces a switch into Magnezone against ZamZone teams. This is where Pursuit comes in as it lets Mega Scizor remove Mega Alakazam upon switch out. Be wary though, that this is practically a 1 for 1 trade as everyone will go Magnezone after their Mega Alakazam died anyways.​

Last edited:
How tf is Muk a lure to Zam? It's Zam who must lure Muk (if it could)
I've already made a comment telling people not to do this, so I guess I'll be more strict now. If you minimod in the thread, I'll bar you from the project. It's harsh I know but it's getting annoying now - half of the posts in the thread now are people commenting on the sets - that's my job, I literally analyse them every round. If the set has an issue I'll mention it in my analysis, and if it isn't a lure I contact the person who submitted it to tell them that.

Yeet Yote Z Steel tran

Heatran @ Steelium Z
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Lava Plume/Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock/Taunt

Yeet Yote although it's on the analysis, most kazams still hard switch into Tran and if they do that you can yeet yote them to death with your epic mon.

252+ SpA Heatran Corkscrew Crash (160 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Alakazam-Mega: 276-325 (109.9 - 129.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Now watch me whip now watch me naenae ok now watch me whip whip now watch me naenae

Last edited:

S. Court

[Takes hits in Spanish]
is a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributor

Toxapex @ Payapa Berry
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 92 Def / 164 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Toxic
- Scald
- Haze
- Recover

Payapa Berry can lure Mega Alakazam, specially because Trace can copy the always obnoxious Regenerator. Mega Alakazam uses Psychic and Payapa Berry will reduce the damage, just the enough to let it to use Toxic and put a timer to Mega Alakazam, which will be a problem even with Recover.

252+ SpA Alakazam-Mega Psychic vs. 252 HP / 164+ SpD Payapa Berry Toxapex: 120-142 (39.4 - 46.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

This sets have some other uses, like putting a timer to Mega Medicham, Tapu Lele (barely surviving things like Z-Psychic if it's at full health) and Psychium Z Volcarona, in the last case it can also take advantage of the improved matchup to use Haze and remove Volcarona's boosts

252 Atk Pure Power Medicham-Mega Zen Headbutt vs. 252 HP / 92 Def Payapa Berry Toxapex: 142-168 (46.7 - 55.2%) -- 69.1% chance to 2HKO
252 SpA Tapu Lele Shattered Psyche (160 BP) (Psyshock) vs. 252 HP / 164+ SpD Payapa Berry Toxapex in Psychic Terrain: 234-276 (76.9 - 90.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Tapu Lele Shattered Psyche (175 BP) (Psychic) vs. 252 HP / 164+ SpD Payapa Berry Toxapex in Psychic Terrain: 255-301 (83.8 - 99%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+1 252 SpA Volcarona Shattered Psyche (175 BP) vs. 252 HP / 164+ SpD Payapa Berry Toxapex: 175-206 (57.5 - 67.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Last edited:
Mirror Coat Gastro

Gastrodon @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Recover
- Mirror Coat

252+ SpA Alakazam-Mega Psychic vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Gastrodon: 165-195 (38.8 - 45.8%)

Pretty much eat a psychic and return damage. This could serve as well vs Reuni, Clefable, Latios, pretty much any special attacker that's not Serp or Tangrowth

Edit: spaghetti fell of my pocket and forgot lefties plus storm drain

Last edited:
Pursuit Mega Aerodactyl

1533640057468.gif

Aerodactyl-Mega @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Unnerve
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Pursuit
- Ice Fang
- Aerial Ace
- Roost / Stone Edge / Fire Fang / Earthquake

In a 1v1 situation, Mega Aerodactyl is guaranteed to trap and eliminate Mega Alakazam not only due to the fact that Psychic fails to OHKO Mega Aerodactyl from full, but also because base 40 Pursuit 2HKOes Mega Alakazam thanks to Tough Claws.

Pursuit is also neat for trapping HP Fire Mega Latios (base 40 pursuit into Ice Fang kills after rocks if they stay in), Tapu Lele choice-locked into a non-STAB coverage move, Scarf Landorus-T locked into EQ or Defog, Tornadus-T, Blacephalon (base 40 OHKOs after Rocks), and Choiced Victini.

Last edited:
Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Stealth Rock/Wish
- Thunder Wave

Switch Clefable into something that predicts you and U-turns or switches on it and Zam is pretty likely to come in, easily threatening the 2HKO while clef is slower and only 3hkos with moonblast or knock off. Thunder wave cripples Zam, letting most remotely offensive things outspeed and KO it with its thin defenses.

Keep in mind that Zam cannot switch into a Clefable that presses calm mind, though you don’t really need to hit T-wave on the switch anyway, you can somewhat afford to take a hit and paralyse it.

Heika

I may very well be the worst player on this site
is a Pre-Contributor
Soooooo here comes my baby :

Metagross @ Assault Vest
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Atk / 96 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Meteor Mash
- Bullet Punch
- Earthquake

252 SpA Alakazam-Mega Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 96 SpD Assault Vest Metagross: 144-170 (39.5 - 46.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

160+ Atk Metagross Pursuit vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Alakazam-Mega: 132-156 (52.5 - 62.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Gross 2hko zam with pursuit while taking less than 50% so zam can’t escape to his trapping (MM deals 85-110)

More over :

+1 252 SpA Tapu Lele All-Out Pummeling (190 BP) vs. 252 HP / 96 SpD Assault Vest Metagross: 204-240 (56 - 65.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
160+ Atk Metagross Meteor Mash vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tapu Lele: 396-468 (140.9 - 166.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

It also lures z lele (and every lele to some extents)

4 Atk Latios-Mega Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Metagross: 146-172 (40.1 - 47.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

160+ Atk Metagross Meteor Mash vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Latios-Mega: 156-184 (51.8 - 61.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
160+ Atk Metagross Pursuit vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Latios-Mega: 94-112 (31.2 - 37.2%) -- 76.4% chance to 3HKO

M-tios can’t 2hko and can be trapped depending on some 50/50

And finally

+1 0 SpA Latias-Mega Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 96 SpD Assault Vest Metagross: 85-101 (23.3 - 27.7%) -- 75.5% chance to 4HKO

Mtias only 4hko and loses if gross gets any raise on MM (guaranteed 3hko without any raise, guaranteed 2hko with one)

To conclude while being a really cheesy pick for a team, it really deals well with psychic type not only zam.
Btw eq is here to forbade tran and koko to feel free to switch in.
(Ah and, on top of that, to trap this gross, ttar needs to come on a kill cuz it doesn’t survive eq/mm + bp, I won’t calc believe it or not)

This might seems a bit off topic but it’s to show that this is not a troll set in any way.

(Any trapping/luring based on MM might miss, I won’t tale any responsability if it happens to yah)

Last edited:
Mellow asked me to post for him. Deadline is the 16th.

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split​

Rotom-W has seen a bit of a surge recently to counter rising threats such as Gyarados and Mega Swampert. How would you lure it? to quote a great mind

Analysis will be up later.

Last edited:
Nature Power Mega Diancie w/ Grassy Terrain

(+
)

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Ability: Magic Bounce
Hasty Nature
- Nature Power
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire] / Earth Power

Normally, Rotom-W can survive just about any hit from Mega Diancie and OHKO back with Hydro Pump after rocks. However, with Grassy Terrain up, Mega Diancie's Nature Power has the strength to cleanly OHKO Rotom-W. Nature Power + Grassy Terrain is also neat for either knocking out or dishing out a ton of damage to Gastrodon, Mega Swampert, Quagsire, Alomomola, Pyukumuku, and Hippowdon.

252 SpA Diancie-Mega Nature Power vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Rotom-Wash in Grassy Terrain: 326-384 (107.2 - 126.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 SpA Diancie-Mega Nature Power vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Pyukumuku in Grassy Terrain: 274-324 (87.2 - 103.1%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock, Leftovers recovery, and Grassy Terrain recovery

252 SpA Diancie-Mega Nature Power vs. 40 HP / 252 SpD Alomomola in Grassy Terrain: 430-506 (89.3 - 105.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock, Leftovers recovery, and Grassy Terrain recovery

252 SpA Diancie-Mega Nature Power vs. 252 HP / 144 SpD Hippowdon in Grassy Terrain: 376-444 (89.5 - 105.7%) -- 75% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock, Leftovers recovery, and Grassy Terrain recovery

Last edited:
Heatran @ Grassium Z
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Solar Beam
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock

So as we all know heatran is a busted mon which is usually ALWAYS paired with bulu if your running this set as the grassy terrain pretty much nabs you a kill if the move is neutral like vs lando/chomp rotom is a common switchin to heatran and most dont expect this set as z flash is the most dominating set and it just goes boom and dies while also hitting other shit like gastrodon

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 36 Def / 220 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Superpower

Okay, I couldn't think of anything "good", but here's a Gen 6 throwback (albeit with some Speed moved to Defense, still enough to outspeed Timid 'Zone) that sets up SD on the switch and nails the washing machine with Bug Bite.

+2 252+ Atk Technician Scizor-Mega Bug Bite vs. 252 HP / 200+ Def Rotom-Wash: 256-303 (84.2 - 99.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (75% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock)

While the Curse set is obviously more generally useful, Adamant SD Bug Bite does let MScizor threaten a few of its checks, namely Dragon Tail Zygarde (shout-out to Iapapa Zygarde for giving Scizor a free meal), Gastrodon (+2 Bug Bite OHKOs), Heatran (Superpower on the switch chunks it), and Mew (Bug Bite on the switch --> Bullet Punch has a 90.2% chance to KO the standard set).
+2 252+ Atk Technician Scizor-Mega Bug Bite vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Zygarde: 306-360 (85.4 - 100.5%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO
+2 252+ Atk Technician Scizor-Mega Bug Bite vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Gastrodon: 486-573 (114.3 - 134.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Scizor-Mega Superpower vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 306-360 (79.2 - 93.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Technician Scizor-Mega Bug Bite vs. 240 HP / 156 Def Mew: 308-366 (76.8 - 91.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Technician Scizor-Mega Bullet Punch vs. 240 HP / 156 Def Mew: 103-123 (25.6 - 30.6%) -- 1.8% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery
Jolly is an option to outpace Modest Tran, but the roll vs. Washtom is noticeably worse and you still get roasted by Timid Tran, so it's an iffy proposition.

Toxic Mega Swampert

Swampert @ Swampertite
Ability: Damp
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Toxic

Toxic is really useful on Mega Swampert because you can cripple many switch-ins with relative ease (Regenerator users included).
Keep in mind that Toxic is really good with the flinch chance provided by Waterfall.

Last edited:
just use toxic lmafo fam yah yeet

reserving toxic zapdos

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Discharge
- Heat Wave
- Toxic
- Roost

Usually Rotom can switch in on a heatwave/Defog/Discharge for a teamate and then just volt switch out of there (or painsplit) , but with toxic rotom then dies irl, this lure also helps the fight against the Mlatis and other pokemon which is quite nice.

Last edited:

Katy

Banned deucer.
250px-658Greninja.png
Greninja @ Grassium Z
Ability: Protean
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Grass Knot
- Ice Beam
- Gunk Shot
- Spikes

Grassium Z Greninja lures in Rotom Wash perfectly as it is able to OHKO it with a Bloom Doom. Rotom can switch in to a spike and try to defog and instead get blown away.
It is also able to catch other threats such as gastrodon and Mega Swampert.

Calc:
252 SpA Protean Greninja Bloom Doom (160 BP) vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Rotom-Wash: 420-494 (138.6 - 163%) -- guaranteed OHKO

S. Court

[Takes hits in Spanish]
is a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributor
Toxic Mega Camerupt

(+
)

Camerupt @ Cameruptite
Ability: Magma Armor
EVs: 128 HP / 252 SpA / 128 Spe
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Nature Power / Stealth Rock
- Toxic

I know what you're thinking, why choosing Toxic instead Nature Power with Tapu Bulu's support? Well, the answer is that with Tapu Bulu in the team, and with Nature Power being the standard set, it wouldn't be a lure, it'd be quite obvious Mega Camerupt will attempt to use Nature Power to destroy common switch ins like Gastrodon or Rotom-W. But here is where the trick comes from.

Using Tapu Koko as a partner (or not using a Tapu at all directly) and using Toxic would be an actual effective lure, putting a timer to Rotom-W stay in the battle and also covering common switch ins like Gastrodon, Zygarde, Mega Latia(o)s and of course, Rotom-W.

You can use Stealth Rock as well instead Nature Power if you're not using a Tapu at all.

Last edited:
Nominating Rockium-Z Lando-T since Rotom likes switching into EQ or Defog the rocks Lando sets up.

Landorus-Therian @ Rockium Z
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock/Explosion

+2 252 Atk Landorus-Therian Continental Crush (180 BP) vs. 252 HP / 200+ Def Rotom-Wash: 304-358 (100 - 117.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Rockium still works pretty well on Lando and has become really rare. Even when SD is revealed, the more popular focus sash set will probably be the set coming to mind.

If they do scout for Rockium Z, something else takes huge damage and Rotom-W no longer switches reliably into Lando.

+2 252 Atk Landorus-Therian Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 200+ Def Rotom-Wash: 170-200 (55.9 - 65.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Explosion is slashed over SR because I love 2 nukes and you can still take rotom down with you if you used your Z move and didn’t catch rotom on the switch.

Pinsir-Mega @ Pinsirite
Ability: Mold Breaker
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Return
- Quick Attack
- Earthquake

just dont mega and eq

Volcarona @ Passho Berry
Ability: Flame Body
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Fire Blast
- Bug Buzz
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Volcarona is able to use Quiver Dance twice with the Passho Berry on Rotom-W, And can OHKO Rotom-W with a +2 Bug Buzz.

I'm back, did you miss me ;) sorry for leaving y'all, I had things to take care of irl. That said, here's the belated analysis for last round:
Good

Steelium Z Heatran - You're gonna have to play it so they don't think you're Steelium considering it's top of the analysis now, but it can definitely still work.
Payapa Toxapex - big boy
Mirror Coat Gastrodon - The mon is semibad now so you might as well 1 for 1 it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Thunder Wave Clefable - twave a broken move

Decent

Utility Mega Scizor w/ Pursuit - 3 atks is a bit bad, but it lures Zam so.
Pursuit Mega Aerodacyl - Despite having tried this mon and it not doing too well, along with the fact that Steel Z Tran is big now, I still think it's a little underrated, and Pursuiting stuff is cool. However, you either are missing Roost or are walled by Steel-types, which sucks ass.

Bad

Assault Vest Metagross w Pursuit - Shit mon, Pursuit is expected.

im so bad at deadlines LOL
Good

Grassium Z Heatran - Rotom-W isn't exactly the greatest Heatran switch-in, but you can speed up killing it with this, and its actually a viable set (this week was a lil bad for submissions).
Rockium Z Landorus-T

Decent

Toxic Camerupt - Toxic does annoy Rotom-W since it has no good recovery options, but I don't understand why you have Tapu Koko listed as a likely partner with Nature Power slashed, because even if it's not super-effective, Nature Power does so much in Terrain - 252+ SpA Sheer Force Camerupt-Mega Nature Power vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Rotom-Wash in Electric Terrain: 215-253 (70.9 - 83.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Bad

Nature Power Mega Diancie - 252 SpA Diancie-Mega Moonblast vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Rotom-Wash: 171-202 (56.4 - 66.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO, the circumstances in which you can lure it are so limited that I just wouldn't call this a lure.
SD Bug Bite Mega Scizor - You miss the bulk so much, and I've like never seen a team that would rather have this over the fatter spread.
Mega Swampert with Toxic - You don't really have the turns to let the Toxic rack up on it on Rain. I'd rather get Rocks up or PuP it and kill it if weakened / try flinch it with Waterfall.
Toxic Zapdos - Rotom-W isn't a Zapdos switch-in lol.
Grassium Z Greninja - Waste of a Z Move and a slot, I'd rather just wear it down with Gunk Shots which you have on your set, or just get Spikes up on the switch if you're Waterium or something.
Mold Breaker + Earthquake Pre-Mega Pinsir - It literally tells them that you have Mold Breaker LOL
Passho Volcarona - Rotom doesn't switch into Volcarona at all. You can just Quiver Dance twice and usually OHKO with Bug Buzz -
0 SpA Rotom-Wash Hydro Pump vs. +2 0 HP / 4 SpD Volcarona: 120-144 (38.5 - 46.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Yeah this week was pretty whack, sorry for giving a mon that doesn't actually answer much to lure this week. Hopefully this week should allow for a bit more legroom to come up with lures. Deadline should hopefully be the 23rd.

Round 30: Defensive Moltres

Moltres @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 208 HP / 60 Def / 240 Spe
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Roost
- Substitute
- Defog​

A more recent discovery, Moltres has proven its worth by featuring on two prominent stall teams in the meta - bro fists Pressure Stall and UltraBallz Stall. As someone who has faced the latter of the two, this annoying ass birb can be so hard for some builds to deal with, so it's definitely a good candidate. fuck stall

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)