Not open for further replies.

Crestfall

levitate, levitate, levitate, levitate
The BST Tournament I - Host: tawp64 | Finals Thread | Winner: Bluewind

Approved by Isa

BST Tour II art 1.png

cute art cred: Killua kun

The BST Tournament II

Not much to say since the concept is relatively clear but this is essentially a tour where the Base Stat Total (BST) of your team has a limit from round to round. BST here of course refers to the cumulative BST of your entire team (Mon 1 + 2 + 3 + 4 + 5 + 6).

I plan to vary the maximum limit from round to round which should hopefully provide some interesting new teams and force entrants to get creative once their "standard OU team" of most commonly 3000+ BST is no longer functional. Just to ensure that the least amount of people possible mess this up I'll provide an example.

Round 1 has a (hypothetical) BST limit of 2400. This means a team of Jirachi/Manaphy/Mew/Celebi/Victini/Sunkern is illegal because their total adds up to 3180. However a team of Caterpie/Metapod/Weedle/Kakuna/Pidgey/Charmander would be legal as the total is 1360.

Tournament Rules
  • This is exclusively an SM OU tournament.
  • General tournament rules and regulations can be found here.
  • Best of 1 | Single Elimination (Finalists may Bo3 if they are both willing)
  • Battles should take place on either the PS (main) or Smogtours servers.
  • Do not make baseless activity posts, get in contact with your opponent and report missed times / scheduling issues only.
Battle Clauses:
  • 6v6
  • Sleep Clause
  • OHKO Clause
  • Freeze Clause
  • Evasion Clause
  • Species Clause
  • Timed Battle
  • Team Preview (in applicable gens)
  • Moody Clause
Non-Standard Rules:
  • The total BST of the mons on your team when added together may NOT exceed the chosen BST limit per round under any scenario. This means if your team exceeds the maximum limit by even 1, I will deem it illegal and you will lose the game.
  • The pokemon you choose when building MUST be OU legal. The format you challenge in should be OU only.
  • Replays are REQUIRED submission for the WINNER - either post in this thread or PM me (if you want to keep things secret) here on smogon w/ the title "BST Tour Round #"
    • This is just to ensure everyone is using legal teams and no one is trying to bypass the system.
Rounds will last one week apiece with the possible exception of Round 1 lasting two weeks (in case this hits a high number of entrants). I will be normal about round deadlines, because needing to build a team is necessary and not standard from round to round. If for any reason you need an extension feel free to ask as the soonest you're aware you need one. I encourage everybody to post when they are active and ready to play so that I can gauge activity at the end of the round. Otherwise, unfinished match advancements will be decided by coin flips.

Best of luck to all my entrants, and special thanks to those of you who sign up often and get your matches done regularly/on-time. It makes me life easier and makes hosting much more enjoyable :heart:

SignUps

SignUps Deadline - unless I hit a 'tour number' probably 2-4 days from the time of this post.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)