SM UU Creative and Underrated Sets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cynde

toasty
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
approved by Hogg and King UU | cohosted by Sacri' | credits to Jackii for the banner :>

What constitutes an underrated and / or creative moveset?
  • Creative Movesets would be those that are:
  1. Not commonly seen on the ladder whatsoever.
  2. It successfully pulls off a role, and is not strictly outclassed by others.
  3. It takes advantage of metagame trends.
  4. It might be able to surprise and demolish Pokemon that normally counter the usual sets, but does not become a gimmick in order to do so.
  5. It has had some success. [sufficient testing / replays (duh)]
  • Underrated Movesets would be those that are:
  1. Somewhat common but still under-utilised despite being effective choices in the current metagame.
  2. Underrated sets are meant to prey on specific facets of the metagame.
What are some things that constitute a gimmick?
  1. Movesets that are highly inconsistent.
  2. Unviable pokemon.
  3. Movesets that are inferior and ineffective compared to existing movesets, or use an obscure move for the sake of hitting an even more obscure check or counter.
A shitty gimmick is not limited to the above, though. To quote Potter Stewart, "I know it when I see it."

*Rules*
  1. NO SHITTY GIMMICKS. They don't add any positives to the discussion and only derail the thread. These posts may be subject to being deleted.
  2. Explain a little as to what your set does and how it accomplishes it's goal.
  3. If you could specify whether your set is creative or underrated that would be swell.
  4. If I like your post it means I'm adding your set. If I don't then that's too bad.
  5. Replays are encouraged for creative sets. Use common sense when it comes to posting these...That means no replays from 1000 rankings.
  6. If you want to dump a bunch of creative movesets, the above rules still apply.
happy posting!

Archive

revamping

Last edited:
Thundurus @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fly
- Thunder Punch
- Knock Off
- Grass Knot / Superpower / Agility

This is a set I've been playing around with recently as a defog punisher and found it to be really good when you predict correctly. Thundurus has a good speed tier, out-speeding and beating all relevant defoggers and being able to beat them all easily at +2. Latias, Togekiss, Empoleon, Crobat, Scizor, and Mandibuzz can all be taken advantage of and beaten. The best part is it's super unexpected because Thundurus is usually run as a special attacker. The set is pretty straight-forward, switch into defog and get a +2 attack boost and then start nuking things. Flyinium Z turns Fly into an absolute nuke, thunder punch (use it over wild charge so recoil isn't a pain) is the second stab move and hits all the flying type defoggers, Knock off provides great neutral coverage and utility while also OHKOing Latias, and I run Grass knot for the ground types that think they can switch in without fear like Swampert, Quagsire, and Hippowdon. Superpower is an option over Grass knot to better hit things like Rotom Heat. Agility can also be run to eliminate some revenge killers.

While not very strong without the +2 defiant boost, Thundurus can OHKO Pokemon that are considered naturally bulky like Latias, Hydreigon, and Arcanine after Stealth Rock, as well as Krookodile.

+2 252 Atk Thundurus Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 72 HP / 0 Def Latias: 424-500 (132.9 - 156.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252 Atk Thundurus Thunder Punch vs. 252 HP / 80 Def Togekiss: 432-510 (115.5 - 136.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252 Atk Thundurus Supersonic Skystrike vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Cobalion: 421-496 (129.9 - 153%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Thundurus Supersonic Skystrike vs. 72 HP / 0 Def Latias: 286-337 (89.6 - 105.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
+2 252 Atk Thundurus Supersonic Skystrike vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Suicune: 342-403 (84.6 - 99.7%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
+2 252 Atk Thundurus Supersonic Skystrike vs. 244 HP / 8 Def Gliscor: 429-505 (121.8 - 143.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+1 252 Atk Thundurus Supersonic Skystrike vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Krookodile: 469-553 (141.6 - 167%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+1 252 Atk Thundurus Supersonic Skystrike vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Arcanine: 327-385 (85.3 - 100.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
+2 252 Atk Thundurus Supersonic Skystrike vs. 248 HP / 60+ Def Scizor: 448-528 (130.6 - 153.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252 Atk Thundurus Supersonic Skystrike vs. 240 HP / 216+ Def Mandibuzz: 375-442 (89 - 104.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
+2 252 Atk Thundurus Supersonic Skystrike vs. 240 HP / 252+ Def Cresselia: 333-393 (75.5 - 89.1%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

Here are some replays:
Vs. Fille http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uubeta-523849178
Vs. Mulder http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pokebankuubeta-523401505
Vs. Donphantastic http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pokebankuubeta-522837107

I consider this a creative set, as it performs uniquely as defog punisher using surprise and an offensive metagame to it's advantage.

Amane Misa

Bring Them Home Now!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Absol-Mega @ Absolite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Flamethrower / Fire Blast
- Sucker Punch

Perfect for DarkSpam cores, especially when paired with Bisharp. What are the main stops to DarkSpam, other than fairies? Cobalion and Forretress. Flamethrower OHKOs Forretress and 2HKOs Cobalion. It also catches Scizors and Bisharps off-guard. Fire Blast can be user for higher damage on Cobalion.

I use it as my main Absol set on my DarkSpam team (peaked #3 and #21 with it), I can't count how much times it won me the game by killing Forretress or Cobalion.

Here's a scenario:
[Turn 1] You send out Azelf, opponent sends out Forretress. You use Taunt while your opponent tries to set up Stealth Rock but fail
[Turn 2] You use Stealth Rock while your opponent uses Gyro Ball
[Turn 3] You click Explosion while your opponent uses Gyro Ball again [Taunt ends]
[Turn 4] You send out Absol. Most opponents will want to stay in and go for Stealth Rock because it's the ladder I am talking about but you just OHKO them right away with Flamethrower

It happened to me countless times lol.

vs. Cobalion: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pokebankuubeta-515211509
vs. Klefki and Cobalion: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pokebankuubeta-517683027
vs. Bisharp: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pokebankuubeta-517687296
I would have lost if I didn't have Flamethrower: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pokebankuubeta-515153975

4 SpA Absol-Mega Flamethrower vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Forretress: 440-520 (124.2 - 146.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
4 SpA Absol-Mega Flamethrower vs. 144 HP / 0 SpD Cobalion: 192-228 (53.4 - 63.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
4 SpA Absol-Mega Fire Blast vs. 144 HP / 0 SpD Cobalion: 236-278 (65.7 - 77.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
4 SpA Absol-Mega Flamethrower vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Bisharp: 196-232 (72.3 - 85.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
4 SpA Absol-Mega Fire Blast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Bisharp: 240-284 (88.5 - 104.7%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO
4 SpA Absol-Mega Flamethrower vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Scizor: 352-416 (125.2 - 148%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Haxorus @ Poisonium Z
Ability: Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Poison Jab

Poison Jab, while using Poisonium-Z becomes a 160BP Poison move. Yeah, you do lose a Lum Berry or something but this allows you to OHKO Sylveon, one of the main Haxorus stops, from full after rocks at +0 if Jolly (guaranteed if Adamant) and OHKOs at +1. It also allows you to OHKO a max defense Togekiss at +0 after rocks. Another set I have been using on my team, which again, peaked to #3 and #21.

252 Atk Mold Breaker Haxorus Poison Jab vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Togekiss: 144-170 (38.5 - 45.4%) -- 79.3% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Mold Breaker Haxorus Acid Downpour vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Togekiss: 284-336 (75.9 - 89.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

252 Atk Mold Breaker Haxorus Poison Jab vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Sylveon: 180-214 (45.6 - 54.3%) -- 96.9% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Mold Breaker Haxorus Acid Downpour vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Sylveon: 360-424 (91.3 - 107.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

Reuniclus @ Poisonium Z
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Toxic
- Recover

(Made by Killintime) Z-Toxic toxics your opponent and raises your defense by 1 stage. Yeah, you do lose the way to hit Dark types but since Knock Off has a crappy BP against you and you are +1 with max/max, you can stall them out with Toxic if they are not Bisharp and/or have an attack boosting move. Toxic is also pretty useful to put its switching on a timer and have an easier time setting up. It also helps beating opponents that try to boost alongside you.

252 Atk Choice Band Krookodile Knock Off vs. +1 252 HP / 252+ Def Reuniclus: 170-204 (40 - 48.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
good enough, isn't it?

Last edited:

Moutemoute

Error 404
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
Pretty interesting topic.

Swampert (M) @ Normalium Z
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 240 HP / 16 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Refresh
- Scald
- Earthquake

The classic defensive Swampert with Z-Refresh. Firstable, holding a Z-Stone allows Swampert to be a pretty nice check for K-Off (like that damn Bisharp who is juste ridiculous after a Swords Dance). Then Z-Refresh is a pretty cool move that heal 100% of Swampert's HP plus get rid off his problem of statut (burn, poison etc..). That allows Swampert to heal hisself and take more damage !

I don't have a gr8 replay which shows how good and usefull this set is but the team i used with him get me to the 9th position of the old UU 7G ladder.

Last edited:

eren

je suis d'ailleurs

Reuniclus @ Poisonium Z
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Toxic
- Recover

Z-Toxic toxics your opponent and raises your defense by 1 stage. Yeah, you do lose the way to hit Dark types but since Knock Off has a crappy BP against you and you are +1 with max/max, you can stall them out with Toxic if they are not Bisharp and/or have an attack boosting move. Toxic is also pretty useful to put its switching on a timer and have an easier time setting up. It also helps beating opponents that try to boost alongside you.

252 Atk Choice Band Krookodile Knock Off vs. +1 252 HP / 252+ Def Reuniclus: 170-204 (40 - 48.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
good enough, isn't it?
isnt this a Killintime set that he posted a while ago? if you are going to post sets in this thread, at least tag the user who came up with it if you didn't so they can get credit.

Killintime

Time not so well spent
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
I don't remember who made it. If I remembered I would have credited. I just knew about the existence of this set.
Well no problem Amane Misa glad you found the set useful in some way, while I am here I guess ill drop a set myself I was having fun with on ladder.

Cloyster @ Normalium Z
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Icicle Spear
- Hydro Pump
- Shell Smash
- Explosion

• Its a fun cloyster cloyster set that can bust through a lot of cores currently if it gets a free turn to smash. The Z-Explosion basically lets you boom twice to pass through mons that normally check you in some way like snorlax, tentacruel, primarina, azumarill, volcanion, you know bulky water shit. Ye Z-explosion is actually 50bp weaker than explosion (lul) but you don't die when using it so I can see the advantages to that. Hydro lets you further smash cores by crippling walls and hitting fire types like doublade, cobalion, victini, klefki, etc and is nice stab at +2. Ye not much to say here I mean this is as arab as a set gets and has a decent amount of setup opportunities with its stupid physical bulk (252 Atk Aerodactyl-Mega Stone Edge vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Cloyster: 204-240 (84.6 - 99.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO) as long as you keep rocks off. I played lot with it, but I never really save replays so I got a ladder game with it just now (wish the dude didn't forfeit I wanted to boom so bad on that tini zzzzz) to show it in action just imagine I boomed on that tini alright?
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uubeta-525510591
better replay because r0ady wasn't satisfied:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uubeta-525644177

oh uhh don't mind the username.

Last edited:

Moutemoute

Error 404
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion

Krookodile @ Normalium Z
Ability: Moxie
Jolly Nature
- Me First
- Earthquake
- Knock Off / Crunch
- Stone Edge

Z-Me First give +2 Speed and it copy the opponent attack and transform it in a Z-Move 1.5x more powerfull than the original (basically give Krook a free Moxie Boost). With +2 Speed, Krook outspeed absolutely everything in the tier (regular mon + scarf users) and he can blow up entire team (sry don't have good replay of epic sweep). You can run Crunch over K-Off cuz Z-Stone are pretty common on the ladder.

Last edited:

Mac3

im reminded theres no finer place to kiss
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
[Alola]
Ninetales-Alola @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Blizzard
- Freeze-Dry
- Moonblast
- Psyshock

This set is a set I use on one of my stall builds as otherwise stall has HUGE problems with Haxorus. With this set I outspeed haxorus at +1 and proceed to Ohko it with blizzard. Can't write much more as I have to go but that is the main purpose for this set.

Necrozma @ Psychium Z
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
- Prismatic Laser
- Stealth Rock
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Thunder Wave

EVs for this thing can definitely be tweaked but this thing is awesome; a catch-all of sorts. Necrozma tends to just get straight beat by a lot of shit and while weather hasn't been particularly common, spamming Moonlight doesn't really seem very useful when it has to check so much stuff. Prismatic Laser looks weird but it hits ridiculously hard and blows back most checks to more passive Necs while also just being a one-time nuke, HP Fire catches Sciz and Forry etc by surprise, TWave and Rocks are obv support moves but you could run things like Psyshock, Moonlight, or even Calm Mind over them if you feel like you have the necessary support from the rest of your team. no replays atm but this thing is sick and almost always gets at least one thing done.

Moutemoute

Error 404

Entei @ Grassium Z
Ability: Pressure
Shiny: Yes
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Extreme Speed
- Stone Edge
- Solar Beam

With the ban of Victini.. I searched some good Fire type and then I remember and old ORAS friend aka Entei.
This is basically the version 2.0 of Natural Gift + Liechi Berry Entei and trust me, this version is trully better than the previous one.
First Z-Stone so ..can't be K-Off + if your life is low, you don't have to fear your berry to be used.

Then the interesting part that everybody looking for.. time fort calcs :

First test on Swampert :

• 252+ Atk Liechi Berry Entei Natural Gift (100 BP Grass) vs. 240 HP / 252+ Def Swampert: 340-404 (84.7 - 100.7%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO
• 0- SpA Entei Bloom Doom (190 BP) vs. 240 HP / 0 SpD Swampert: 492-580 (122.6 - 144.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Then Rhyperior (yeah he's not use a lot ik..) :

• 252+ Atk Liechi Berry Entei Natural Gift (100 BP Grass) vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Solid Rock Rhyperior: 264-312 (60.9 - 72%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
• 0- SpA Entei Bloom Doom (190 BP) vs. 248 HP / 244 SpD Solid Rock Rhyperior: 384-453 (88.6 - 104.6%) -- 25% chance to OHKO

Hippodown :

• 252+ Atk Liechi Berry Entei Natural Gift (100 BP Grass) vs. 252 HP / 144+ Def Hippowdon: 154-182 (36.6 - 43.3%) -- 98.9% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
• 0- SpA Entei Bloom Doom (190 BP) vs. 252 HP / 112 SpD Hippowdon: 254-300 (60.4 - 71.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Suicune (basically the only one who still is a pain for Entei) :

• 252+ Atk Liechi Berry Entei Natural Gift (100 BP Grass) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Suicune: 146-172 (36.1 - 42.5%) -- 93.2% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
• 0- SpA Entei Bloom Doom (190 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Suicune: 198-234 (49 - 57.9%) -- 53.9% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

And finaly.. Alomomola :

• 252+ Atk Liechi Berry Entei Natural Gift (100 BP Grass) vs. 40 HP / 252+ Def Alomomola: 182-216 (37.8 - 44.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
• 0- SpA Entei Bloom Doom (190 BP) vs. 40 HP / 216 SpD Alomomola: 294-348 (61.1 - 72.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

As you can see, Solar Beam aka Bloom Doom does a lot of damage to the most common Entei checks / counters. But remember you juste have one chance so don't click you're Z-Move too early on the game. If you used Entei, wait 1 or 2 more turn to used Bloom Doom. Cuz' your opponent may want to check your set so if he send a Pokemon that resist Sacred Fire and is weak to Bloom Doom, just switch and he will think you can't pass throught the Entei check. Then the next time he will send this Pokémon, just stay and Bloom Doom away !

Enjoy Entei o/

Krookodile @ Steelium Z
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Iron Tail

This set might not be as spectacular as some other Z-sets, but it's still quite effective. Not much to talk about, it's basically the ORAS rocks Krook, but with Z-Iron Tail as coverage instead of the more common Taunt/Pursuit. The aim of this set is to nuke fairies that thought they could switch into your Krook for free, or clear hazards in Togekiss' case. I've found this set to be particularly good on spikes offense, as this Z-Krookodile can obliterate the popular Togekiss to keep hazards on the field, but also clear the way for sweepers such as Zam/Sharpedo that appreciate spikes support and struggle with fairies.

252 Atk Krookodile Corkscrew Crash (180 BP) vs. 252 HP / 80 Def Togekiss: 350-412 (93.5 - 110.1%)
252 Atk Krookodile Corkscrew Crash (180 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Sylveon: 342-404 (86.8 - 102.5%)

Last edited:

Donphantastic

I'm Donny P. (W)
is a Tiering Contributor
This is something I've been using since the early days of SuMo

Klefki @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Relaxed Nature
- Spikes
- Play Rough
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Thunder Wave

With scizor and lati becoming common defoggers ,its nice to have a spiker that beats both. This set manages to do that while also beating forry. Play rough is used to break raikou subs and hit lati harder. This set supports pokemon that like having multiple layers of spikes down since it does a pretty good job of setting and keeping the hazard

Euphonos

inanod ng mga luha; damdamin ay lumaya.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 248 HP / 204 SpD / 56 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Sand Tomb
- Knock Off / Toxic / Earthquake / Acrobatics
- Protect

(Note: Another variation with 248 HP / 96 Def / 164 Spe + Impish Nature is also acceptable.)

I got fascinated with moves that can trap and torture (lol, how morbid I am?) opponents, such as Fire Spin and Whirlpool, due to their power buff. However, there is another move people did not notice until I finally find the time showcase this set: Sand Tomb. Among all the Pokemon in this tier that can employ such strategy, I find Gliscor being the most intriguing at trapping opponents, and being the most effective for its set of resistances and immunities, along with Poison Heal. The Substitute + Protect set may seem too cheap, but it can rip the opponents' hair off for its extreme annoyance, especially when the effect of Sand Tomb lingers. The EV spreads allow Gliscor to outrun Bisharp (edit: with max Speed and Jolly Nature) before Bisharp can make a move.

Last edited:
Neat set, but I think EVs to outspeed 85s (notably non-Ice Beam Cresselia) would be nice for this Stall breaking set.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 248 HP / 204 SpD / 56 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Sand Tomb
- Knock Off / Toxic / Earthquake / Acrobatics
- Protect

(Note: Another variation with 248 HP / 96 Def / 164 Spe + Impish Nature is also acceptable.)

I got fascinated with moves that can trap and torture (lol, how morbid I am?) opponents, such as Fire Spin and Whirlpool, due to their power buff. However, there is another move people did not notice until I finally find the time showcase this set: Sand Tomb. Among all the Pokemon in this tier that can employ such strategy, I find Gliscor being the most intriguing at trapping opponents, and being the most effective for its set of resistances and immunities, along with Poison Heal. The Substitute + Protect set may seem too cheap, but it can rip the opponents' hair off for its extreme annoyance, especially when the effect of Sand Tomb lingers. The EV spreads allow Gliscor to outrun Bisharp before Bisharp can make a move.

Suicune @ Waterium Z
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Signal Beam
- Calm Mind
- Rain Dance

So here's a fun set I played with a bit on ladder. Z-Rain Dance gives Suicune +1 Speed + a boost to Hydro Pumo's power via rain, making Suicune a threatening late game cleaner. You can also use Z-Hydro Pump to obliterate something in the early-to-mid game if the matchup is bad and you don't think Suicune will be sweeping. That gives this set some flexibility. Signal Beam is definitely the preferred coverage move IMO 'cause it hits Celebi while still hitting Lati and Hydre super effectively.

Suicune @ Waterium Z
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Signal Beam
- Calm Mind
- Rain Dance

So here's a fun set I played with a bit on ladder. Z-Rain Dance gives Suicune +1 Speed + a boost to Hydro Pumo's power via rain, making Suicune a threatening late game cleaner. You can also use Z-Hydro Pump to obliterate something in the early-to-mid game if the matchup is bad and you don't think Suicune will be sweeping. That gives this set some flexibility. Signal Beam is definitely the preferred coverage move IMO 'cause it hits Celebi while still hitting Lati and Hydre super effectively.
This set is the new version of the ORAS offensive Suicune. I would just say that you should slash Signal Beam with Ice Beam because of all the Dragon types in the tier. Excellent set ^_^

Cynde

toasty
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I've got one of my own

Infernape @ Life Orb
Ability: Iron Fist
Jolly Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Flare Blitz
- Earthquake / Mach Punch / Grass Knot (Naive in this case)
- Close Combat

The premise of this Infernape is pretty simple. You lure Azu and Primarina in addition to chunking Clefable which opens a door for Pokemon such as Mega Absol, Hydreigon and Kyurem to do some damage. That third slot I've found can run a multitude of options but the top 3 that I've found were EQ for Tentacruel / Arcanine, Mach Punch for Sharpedo / Bisharp, and of course, Grass Knot for Swampert and the likes.

252 Atk Life Orb Infernape Gunk Shot vs. 252 HP / 172 Def Clefable: 307-361 (77.9 - 91.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Life Orb Infernape Gunk Shot vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Primarina: 255-302 (70 - 82.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (Obvious what happens to specs)
252 Atk Life Orb Infernape Gunk Shot vs. 172 HP / 0 Def Azumarill: 351-413 (91.4 - 107.5%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO

this is a fun set and I encourage you to give it a try :)

Moutemoute

Error 404
The come back of strange set..

Bisharp @ Fightinium Z / Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 72 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 180 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch / Pursuit
- Iron Head
- Low Kick

Well well well.. I was boring to see those Cobalion and Bewear came on Bisharp again and again so I've searched something that could break them (+ give me a check too Sharpedo-Mega).
The result is here. Low Kick become an All-Out Pummelling with 160 BP and allows Bisharp to pass throught the precedant mon.
You can run LO but personnaly, I prefer Fightium Z.
The EV spread allows Bisharp to Outspeed regular max spe 60 BS Speed (like Primarina) and give him a little more of bulk. But you can run a basic Adamant / Jolly 252 Atk & Spe.
Pursuit can be use to trap some mon like Tias without HP Fire but to my mind S-Punch is still better.

252+ Atk Bisharp Low Kick (120 BP) vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Cobalion: 226-266 (69.7 - 82%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Bisharp All-Out Pummeling (160 BP) vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Cobalion: 300-354 (92.5 - 109.2%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Bisharp All-Out Pummeling (160 BP) vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Cobalion: 300-354 (92.5 - 109.2%) -- 75% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

252+ Atk Life Orb Bisharp Low Kick (120 BP) vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Cobalion: 294-346 (90.7 - 106.7%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Bisharp Low Kick (120 BP) vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Cobalion: 294-346 (90.7 - 106.7%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

(Fluffy is active for Bewear)

252+ Atk Bisharp All-Out Pummeling (160 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Bewear: 448-528 (100.9 - 118.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ Atk Life Orb Bisharp Low Kick (100 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Fluffy Bewear: 185-218 (41.6 - 49%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Bisharp Low Kick (100 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Fluffy Bewear: 185-218 (41.6 - 49%) -- 15.6% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock

252+ Atk Bisharp All-Out Pummeling (160 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Sharpedo-Mega: 496-584 (176.5 - 207.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Bisharp Low Kick (100 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Sharpedo-Mega: 403-476 (143.4 - 169.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Moltres @ Grassium Z
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Roost
- Will-O-Wisp
- Flamethrower / Fire Blast
- Solar Beam

Yeah I'm a true fan of fire type Grassium Z aka Bloom Doom (Solar Beam).
I was surprised to see that Moltres is a pretty nice Pokémon in UU SUMO.

This set is kinda strange but very usefull. Roost & WoW allow Moltres to handle Scizor and Bisharp (without Sr for the second one). You can burn them and then Stall Roost. Flame Body allows Moltres to punish U-Turn abuser like Scizor (again him yeah). Flamethrower is the basic STAB and Solar Beam + Grassium Z allow Moltres to nuke Water type (be careful to Tentacruel).

252 SpA Moltres Bloom Doom (190 BP) vs. 40 HP / 216 SpD Alomomola: 528-622 (109.7 - 129.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 SpA Moltres Bloom Doom (190 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Suicune: 356-420 (88.1 - 103.9%) -- 25% chance to OHKO
252 SpA Moltres Bloom Doom (190 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Suicune: 356-420 (88.1 - 103.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

252 SpA Moltres Bloom Doom (190 BP) vs. 240 HP / 0 SpD Swampert: 880-1036 (219.4 - 258.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 SpA Moltres Bloom Doom (190 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Jellicent: 386-456 (95.5 - 112.8%) -- 75% chance to OHKO
252 SpA Moltres Bloom Doom (190 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Jellicent: 386-456 (95.5 - 112.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

252 SpA Moltres Bloom Doom (190 BP) vs. 240 HP / 0 SpD Tentacruel: 172-203 (47.6 - 56.2%) -- 26.6% chance to 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery (Yeah as I said, tentacruel take it pretty well)

252 SpA Moltres Bloom Doom (190 BP) vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Volcanion: 220-259 (72.8 - 85.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
52 SpA Moltres Bloom Doom (190 BP) vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Volcanion: 220-259 (72.8 - 85.7%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

Last edited:

Klefki @ Red Card
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold / Impish Nature
- Foul Play / Play Rough
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Thunder Wave / Spikes

This is a set I came up with for Battle Spot, but after a bit of testing, it works in UU - and OU, and even Ubers - just as well: Red Card + Screens Klefki, or as I've been calling it, Skeleton Keys (because it unlocks even the toughest of battles, you see). Red Card is usually a bad item choice, as it requires tanking a hit to activate, but I've found that Klefki can use her prodigious typing and priority Screens to survive even +2 SE attacks and render the opponent's setup useless, without compromising her usual paralysis-spreading or Spikes-stacking job. She's the most reliable emergency button I've found yet.

For the hardest-hitting examples I could think of:

+2 252 Atk Mold Breaker Haxorus Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Klefki through Reflect: 182-215 (57.4 - 67.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 252 SpA Azelf Fire Blast vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Klefki through Light Screen: 260-306 (82 - 96.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Last edited:

Absol-Mega (M) @ Absolite
Ability: Magic Bounce
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Superpower
- Iron Tail

Mons that this set cover: Articuno, Clefable, Diancie, Minior, Ninetales-alola

Description/how to use: Well you may guess why theres an Iron Tail on the set: Clefable. In case Clefable is not fully defensive invested, this will kill after knock off damage. These calcs should be kept in mind for you not to be surprised by a very defensive clef:

252 Atk Absol-Mega Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Clefable: 77-91 (19.5 - 23%)
252 Atk Absol-Mega Iron Tail vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Clefable: 214-252 (54.3 - 63.9%)
Summing a max 86.9% #banclef

252 Atk Absol-Mega Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 64 Def Clefable: 105-124 (26.6 - 31.4%)
252 Atk Absol-Mega Iron Tail vs. 252 HP / 64 Def Clefable: 290-342 (73.6 - 86.8%)

Last recommendations:
This set does not OHKO comfey, so I do not recommend staying in because draining kiss is priority, but if its your only pokemon do not fear, before a calm mind you are not OHKOed to draining kiss from full. Also, don't try to kill a Granbull.

esche

Frust kommt auf, denn der Bus kommt nicht
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

Haxorus @ Steelium Z
Ability: Mold Breaker
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Iron Tail
- Dragon Dance

This is similar to Aquadext's Krookodile set but instead utilized on Haxorus. Iron Tail is a powerful coverage move for Haxorus but its shaky accurary made me hesitant to run it. Fortunately, Z-moves do not check accuracy and a 180 BP Steel move does have good use even outside of hitting super effectively, being exactly as strong as STAB Outrage but not limiting your move choice afterwards. I opted for Adamant to guarantee the OHKO on 252 HP / 252 Defense Bold Unaware Clefable without any boosts. Neutral nature max speed is still enough to outpace Mega Aerodactyl and everything slower after 1 Dragon Dance. As for partners: I paired this with T-Spikes to cripple grounded walls and Grass Knot Infernape to lure Hippowdown and Swampert specifically. Magneton is also a great choice to get rid off those pesky Scizor and Forretress. I prefer this over LO + DD because recoil is very detremental to its sweep from my experience as Haxorus almost always takes damage on the turn it sets up and also makes it more prone to be picked off by priority attacks. Nuking unsuspecting Clefable (of which there are a LOT) and Togekiss from full without having to boost is the greatest appeal of this set and I encourage you to try it out before Clefable inevitably leaves the realms of UU (hehe).

• 252+ Atk Mold Breaker Haxorus Corkscrew Crash (180 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Clefable: 414-488 (105 - 123.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
  • 252+ Atk Mold Breaker Haxorus Corkscrew Crash (180 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Togekiss: 352-416 (94.1 - 111.2%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO
  • 252+ Atk Mold Breaker Haxorus Corkscrew Crash (180 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Sylveon: 444-524 (112.6 - 132.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
  • 252+ Atk Mold Breaker Haxorus Outrage vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Quagsire: 189-223 (47.9 - 56.5%) -- 89.1% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
As I said before, this also kills everything that Outrage kills (180 BP non-STAB = 120 BP STAB) provided Steel hits neutrally effective, and doesn't lock you in. This only misses out on Water and Fire types, the latter being covered by EQ anyway.

vs Stall: Haxorus does exactly what it' supposed to do.
vs HO: This doesn't really showcase its potential to break through bulky fairies because that Slyveon was most likely Specs and pretty much every coverage move would have killed that at +1 but it shows that it still has amazing power without LO and should not be given a free turn for setup.
vs Bulky Offense: I somehow manage to bluff Scarf Infernape and against all odds Haxorus pulls through. Corkscrew Crash also played a role depending on whether the Rhyperior was a more defensive spread that takes +2 EQ.

Last edited:

Metagross @ Electrium Z
Ability: Clear Body
Jolly Nature
- Thunder Punch
- Agility
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake

This is a fun set that can actually be a decent lategame cleaner. The premise is to beat waters with Gigavolt havoc. Specifically Keldeo, Starmie, Teantacruel and Sharpedo. It`s speed tier is just enough to outspeed scarf Keldeo which is pretty useful. This does have some problems with stuff like Scizor and hippo but you can trap Scizor with Magneton and you can have something for hippo as well. It can also setup easily thanks to it`s natural bulk. However, it fails to kill a lot of mons without some prior damage so spikes are useful with this.

252 Atk Metagross Gigavolt Havoc (140 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Keldeo: 342-404 (105.8 - 125%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Metagross Gigavolt Havoc (140 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Starmie: 360-424 (138.9 - 163.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Metagross Gigavolt Havoc (140 BP) vs. 248 HP / 236 Def Tentacruel: 328-388 (90.3 - 106.8%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO
252 Atk Metagross Gigavolt Havoc (140 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Sharpedo-Mega: 418-494 (148.7 - 175.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

A set I used recently in the Research week (can't post sprites on my phone)

Metagross @ Expert Belt / Life Orb
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 220 Atk / 112 SpA / 176 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Grass Knot
- Hidden Power Fire
- Earthquake

MixGross is back! The point of this set is to lure in and weaken several of Metagross's usual checks, like Swampert, Quagsire, Hippowdon and Scizor. Meteor Mash is Metagross's STAB. Grass Knot OHKOes Swampert and Quagsire, and 2HKOes Hippowdon. Hidden Power Fire 2HKOes any Scizor, and OHKOes sets that don't invest in bulk. Earthquake hits the Fire, Steel and Electric-types that resist Meteor Mash. The EVs let you outrun max Speed base 60s, hit a jump point in Attack (whatever that means) with the rest in Special Attack to hit harder on that side. You could also run a spread of 180 Atk / 152 SpA / 176 Spe with a Rash Nature - that guarantees the OHKO on Swampert with Grass Knot, if you're running Life Orb. Speaking of, Expert Belt lets you bluff choice items and avoid recoil, while Life Orb lets you hit much harder on neutral moves. Calcs:

112 SpA Life Orb Metagross Grass Knot (80 BP) vs. 240 HP / 0 SpD Swampert: 354-421 (88.2 - 104.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO after 1 layer of Spikes
112 SpA Life Orb Metagross Grass Knot (120 BP) vs. 252 HP / 176 SpD Hippowdon: 255-302 (60.7 - 71.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
112 SpA Life Orb Metagross Hidden Power Fire vs. 252 HP / 216 SpD Scizor: 234-276 (68 - 80.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
112 SpA Life Orb Metagross Grass Knot (80 BP) vs. 252 HP / 24 SpD Slowbro: 190-224 (48.2 - 56.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Replay: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uu-532298023

ManOfMany

I can make anything real
is a Tiering Contributor

Zygarde-10% @ Dragonium Z
Ability: Aura Break
Jolly Nature
- Coil
- Outrage
- Thousand Arrows
- Extreme Speed

Coil Zydog is actually a pretty cool set. I was trying it out as a meme and I was surprised at how much work this actually puts in a game. Dog can easily set up a coil on a lot of pokemon it forces out, and people often sack things vs it on offensive teams because it has few switch-ins anyway. Dog may not be very bulky, but if they go to a physical tank like Gliscor, Krookodile, or bulky Scizor, you can easily set up multiple coils. Because of its high speed and Espeed, it's not too hard to clean offensive teams. Dragonium Z is used here because at +1 it can blow back a lot of fat stuff at +1. Make sure you pack a Clefable lure.

Calcs:
+1 252 Atk Zygarde-10% Devastating Drake (190 BP) vs. 248 HP / 168+ Def Amoonguss: 382-451 (88.6 - 104.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
+1 252 Atk Zygarde-10% Devastating Drake (190 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mew: 387-456 (95.7 - 112.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 Atk Krookodile Earthquake vs. +2 0 HP / 0 Def Zygarde-10%: 102-120 (40.9 - 48.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Replay: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uu-535464285

You can use Life Orb with Iron Tail to lure fairies or even stuff like Lum Berry or Chesto Resto for different purposes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)