Ability: Keen Eye
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
IVs: 0 Atk
Timid Nature
- Work Up
- Hurricane
- Roost
- Refresh

Stall breaker Mega Pidgeot is back! This thing can decimate stall teams once Mega Steelix and Empoleon are gone (if the latter can't phase it's set up fodder anyway), and isn't dead weight against offensive teams either as its Hurricane still hits pretty damn hard. Work Up boosts both attacking stats, letting Pidgeot break through weak walls. Hurricane is the only attack needed on this set, as it has great neutral coverage and is super spammable. Roost lets you heal off whatever meagre damage stall teams can inflict, while Refresh lets you cure yourself of any status problems. EVs maximise Speed and power - no point running anything else, as it's not exactly bulky. You could run U-turn or Heat Wave over Refresh, but personally I never find myself needing them.

Amane Misa

Bring Them Home Now!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Gliscor
Ability: Hyper Cutter
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish

Double Dance Gliscor is a set I have used pretty long time ago. I decided I want to resurrect it because wynaut.

As you can see, this is not your average stallbreaker Gliscor; it has a compeltely different role than it so don't compare both. This Gliscor set functions as a late game sweeper and is best used on Hyper Offense teams.

Gliscor's defensive typing and respectable bulk allows it to take hits and setup simultaneously, boosting its mediocre attack and speed to high levels, allowing it to outspeed the entire unboosted metagame and at almost 2HKO/OHKO everything from full.

This set faces competition from other Double Dancers, mainly Terrakion and Cobalion. Over them, Gliscor isn't miserable against priorities such as Bullet Punch (Terrakion) and Mach Punch (both) and against the tier's new attraction, Buzzwole.

Another thing I would like to mention is that due to people mistaking it to be a stallbreaker variant, they switch out Pokémon that counter its stallbreaker variant, mainly Buzzwole, opposing Gliscor, and Hawlucha, which Gliscor sets up on.

There isn't much of a difference between Jolly and Adamant in terms of damage output... Adamant might guarantee the 2HKO on Slowbro, Alomomola and Hippowdon, but Jolly lets you revenge kill Nidoking and Xurkitree. Poison Heal is an option over Hyper Cutter, to avoid being Toxiced, since there isn't a huge variety of Intimidate users in UU, and it can help you set-up against the likes of Hippowdon easier.

• +2 252 Atk Gliscor Acrobatics (110 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Latias: 316-373 (104.9 - 123.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
        • +2 252 Atk Gliscor Acrobatics (110 BP) vs. 248 HP / 124+ Def Scizor: 234-276 (68.2 - 80.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
        • 252 Atk Gliscor Acrobatics (110 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Buzzwole: 436-520 (104.3 - 124.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
        • +2 252 Atk Gliscor Acrobatics (110 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Slowbro: 195-231 (49.4 - 58.6%) -- 69.5% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
        • +2 252 Atk Gliscor Acrobatics (110 BP) vs. 252 HP / 80+ Def Hippowdon: 213-252 (50.7 - 60%) -- 85.9% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
        • +2 252 Atk Gliscor Acrobatics (110 BP) vs. 40 HP / 252+ Def Alomomola: 241-285 (50.1 - 59.2%) -- 78.5% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
        • +2 252 Atk Gliscor Acrobatics (110 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Aerodactyl-Mega: 165-195 (54.8 - 64.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uu-593223459
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uu-593223585
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uu-593207958
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uu-593220151

Dusclops @ Eviolite
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Spite
- Rest
- Mean Look
- Haze

This is mainly a Wallbreaker / Stallkiller set, although it also destroys many Sweepers as well. One of its key strengths is its surprise factor. Basically, you switch in and Mean Look immediately. Sometimes people expect a Will-O-Wisp so they switch in their Entei / Arcanine etc. Other Pokemons may take this opportunity to set up, or throw down some status / hazards etc.

Once the Pokemon is trapped, you use Pressure and Spite to PP stall them. Rest is great because not only does it prevent you from being affected by Status, it also gives you 2 turns of sleep with no PP usage. Haze is for Pokemon who try to Bulk Up / Calm Mind, it also has a lot of PP for drawn out fights. Eventually, they'll start Struggling and you have a free kill. You can also try this set in RU / NU.

Some disclaimers though, it won't work if the opponent has U-Turn or Volt Switch. Also, Substitute blocks Mean Look.

Last edited:

Pyukumuku @ Leftovers
Ability: Innards Out
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
IVs: 0 Def / 0 SpD
- Taunt
- Pain Split
- Toxic
- Recover

Do you have a problem with setup sweepers? +2 Hawlucha walking through your team? Xurkitree breaking down your walls? You accidentally let the enemy Haxorus get 2 DDs and you don't know what to do? This is your one stop solution to almost every Sweeper in the game and is essentially a Get-Out-Of Jail Free Card. This is not your standard Unaware Pyukumuku, this is the unexpected Innards Out Pyukumuku.

What Innards Out does, is that it deals damage to the opponent equivalent to how much Pyukumuku takes upon fainting. To maximise its effectiveness, we need to incorporate a -Defensive Nature as well as 0 IVs in each Defensive Attribute and max HP. The other EVs are irrelevant, but I recommend investing in Speed to outrun and Taunt Forretress, M-Steelix and Amoonguss.

Pain Split ensures that you have the same HP as your opponent, so that you are guaranteed to take them down with you (Jaboca Berry adds an additional Buffer). If they are immune to Pain Split, you can use Recover instead. Taunt is used to force the enemy to attack you and Toxic is for hitting walls who decide to switch in. This set pairs well with Stall / Balance teams.

Last edited:
What do you mean they actually found a pokemon that switches comfortably into Mamoswine?Who?WHO? Buzzwole? BUZZWOLE?lolz (if they run max speed Buzzwole and outspeed you, call them garbage,cause they absolutely are, and click x). Ok so this thing felt like a gimmick at first but after testing it proved to be very useful. In my eyes Buzzwole isn't as much of a good mon, as it is an annoying mon. If a team has a Buzzwole, 99% it is their Mamoswine switchin making it very easy to snipe it on the switch and after that we all know what Life Orb Mamoswine does to teams.

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 240 Atk / 16 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Stealth Rock/Knock Off/Superpower/Icicle Crash
- Hidden Power [Flying]
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake​

16 SpA Life Orb Mamoswine Hidden Power Flying vs. 52 HP / 152 SpD Buzzwole: 229-270 (62.2 - 73.3%)
16 SpA Life Orb Mamoswine Hidden Power Flying vs. 204 HP / 12 SpD Buzzwole: 281-333 (69.2 - 82%)
16 SpA Life Orb Mamoswine Hidden Power Flying vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Buzzwole: 286-338 (80.5 - 95.2%)​
Similar lure set may be pulled off with Flyinium-Z and Peck move (yes, Mamo learns Peck) if someone isn't willing to spread EVs. Also it straight up KOes Buzzwole (calculation for Max HP and Adamant Max Atk Nature Mamo, anything less bulky then this gets it mauled). Any less bulky EVs spread KO the guy in one hit. Also may come in handy against Grass Type if you don't run Icicle Crash.

95.69%-112.92%

But this variant works perfectly fine as well ;).

Reactions: CBU

CBU

Banned deucer.
Similar lure set may be pulled off with Flyinium-Z and Peck move (yes, Mamo learns Peck) if someone isn't willing to spread EVs. Also it straight up KOes Buzzwole (calculation for Max HP and Adamant Max Atk Nature Mamo, anything less bulky then this gets it mauled). Any less bulky EVs spread KO the guy in one hit. Also may come in handy against Grass Type if you don't run Icicle Crash.

95.69%-112.92%

But this variant works perfectly fine as well ;).
i 100% see where you are coming from. Both sets do the work, i just prefer having the wallbreaking capabilities that life orb provides. Also z-peck can be used only once per battle. I am not saying that HP Flying on mamoswine is a spammable move whatsoever, just pointing out that if your opponent scouts for the z-flying move you are left with a rather weak mamoswine.

pokemonisfun

Banned deucer.

muscle tussle (Buzzwole) @ Life Orb
Ability: Beast Boost
Adamant Nature
- Bulk Up
- Leech Life
- Superpower
- Ice Punch / Stone Edge / Thunder Punch / Poison Jab / Earthquake

I use this set on Hyper Offense. Honestly all the standard Buzzwole sets are at least good, and while SubPunch is one of those good sets, this set takes it up a step further and is just great.

I'm a big fan of maximum speed Buzzwole to make sure you outspeed as many defensive Pokemon as possible, like most Gliscor and extra bonuses like neutral nature Volcanion and Metagross, which can be kind of a pain to switch into on HO. Life Orb and maximum attack means you can 2HKO resists like Primarina with no trouble, even Leech Life does the job after SR. Speaking of which, Leech Life is the only form of Recovery but I think that's sufficient as hopefully you won't need to be switching in Buzzwole, or at most only once.

The last slot is mainly for coverage for Pokemon like Gliscor, Jellicent, Togekiss and Sylveon, all of which unfortunately have reliable recovery and can take repeated Superpowers. It's also possible to run two coverage moves and no Bulk Up, it just takes wallbreaking in a different route (coverage over set up). Honestly the power of this set is incredible, you can easily 2HKO maximum defense Swampert and Mandibuzz with either two Superpowers or Leech Life plus Superpower. Also you can OHKO 0/0 Scizor easily, 248 HP Scizor with SR, and bulky Scizor is a certain 2HKO.

The main benefits of this set is that you have huge initial power without a Z move and you don't need to have a Substitute up to abuse your STAB moves. I'm not a big fan of Choice Band because Buzzwole has a lot of important coverage moves and it doesn't have any strong move it can spam freely (Leech Life is a tad too weak and Fighting moves have an immunity). Basically you burn really bright but last not too long.

Yoshi

IT'S FINK DUMBASS
@ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog/Thunderbolt/Ice Beam/Healing Wish/Filler
- Trick/Defog/Thunderbolt/Ice Beam/Healing Wish/Filler

This Latias set is debatable to be considered "underrated" as some people use it a lot, and some have never used it all. I'm going to post it anyway because I think it's cool and useful to newer players. Usually, people will run Soul Dew, Dragonium or Psychium. However, you can also run scarf Latias, as it out speeds almost every other scarfer (Scarf Crobat lul), and works very well as a revenge killer. Even without Soul Dew or a z-move, Latias still has incredible power. You can even run a variety of different things, as show in the set. Be sure to run whatever you think your team needs, that way you can get the most success out of this set. Enjoy!

Last edited:

Hilomilo

High-low My-low
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus

Toxicroak @ Darkinium Z
Ability: Dry Skin
Jolly Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance

This is a fun little set that I came up with when my good friend eht passed me a Toxicroak team that I decided to change up a little bit. One of Toxicroak's biggest struggles is against bulky Ghost- and Psychic-types, since they'll just burn it in the case of Ghost-types or tank a Sucker Punch and OHKO in the case of Psychic-types. However, by virtue of Darkinium Z, Toxicroak can effectively deal with all of the Pokemon that it'd otherwise rely on the unreliable Sucker Punch to break through, most notably Slowbro/Slowking, Jellicent, Cofagrigus, and even Chandelure, which can predict the Sucker and go into a Substitute. It also OHKOs Metagross and Nidoqueen after rocks, which can each take a boosted Sucker Punch, and dents Tentacruel into range of a Drain Punch. Another really nice perk of this set is that it'll always win 1v1 against Scarf Latias, since it'll lock itself into Trick if it tries evading Sucker Punch.

Here's what this set looks like in action. In this replay you see Toxicroak adequately lure in and remove one of the biggest thorns in its side in Jellicent. I wish I could get more replays of the set, since I've made use of Darkinium Z multiple times, but I wasn't thinking to save replays until now and I'm a little short on time. I heavily encourage that you guys try this set! It's a whole lot of fun :) thanks for reading!

sparrow

kacaw
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
EVs: 152 Atk / 180 SpA / 176 Spe
Naive Nature
- Earthquake
- Freeze-Dry
- Ice Shard
- Stealth Rock

This is what I've been running on Mamoswine as of late, I think this set provides a refreshing perspective on what would be considered a fairly 1-dimensional Pokemon. I've always been fond of Mamoswine in UU, it's a scary Pokemon to face and it's fun to use. This set provides a unique Stealth Rock option for offence orientated builds, whilst hindering full stall builds.

Firstly, I'd like to outline what you miss out on by running this set. Key KOs, namely: Primarina & Amoonguss; and a speed tie with other base 80s: Chandelure, Togekiss & opposing Mamoswine. Hippowdon & Blissey both beat this variant of Mamoswine 1v1, although they face a 2HKO on the switch in. Also, losing a significant amount of damage on Ice Shard is a detriment.

With this set Mamoswine manages to out speed positive base 70 max. speed Pokemon, Mega-Swampert being the benchmark. Mamoswine's move choices as well as significant SpA investment, in this case, allow it to act as an effective lure to the majority of common bulky Water-type switch-ins. Freeze-Dry has a good chance to OHKO regular Swampert, as well as OHKOing Quagsire and Rain Dance M-Swampert. Alomomola faces a 2HKO on the switch, as does Slowbro and Mantine.

Mamoswine doesn't miss out on much by running less Attack, it's still able to 2HKO the majority of the metagame. Getting used to the drop in Ice Shard's power is the biggest concern to its user. Personally, I am willing to trade a small drop in Physical power in order to lure threats to my team and threaten a particular play style.

Xurkitree @ Expert Belt
Evs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Energy Ball/ Grass Knot

Many Xurkitree sets are based around gaining +1 speed; however, since Xurk doesn't have the best speed tier in UU and being relatively frail, it gets revenge killed by many common scarf users and mega Aero with rocks or spikes up or in some cases at full HP. I think Expert Belt 4 attacks on Xurk is extremely underrated because it works as a decent wall breaker and catching people off guard. For example, when someones switches Gliscor in on an incoming volt switch, they expect it to be scarf Xurk. Volt Switch is generally only on scarf Xurk which leads to them staying in and Xurk OKOing Gliscor in the process with HP ice 100% of the time instead of only OKOing it 62% of the time without Expert Belt. Expert Belt Xurk also OKO's both calm mind Suicuine and roarcune with rocks up 100 percent of the time. Common switch ins on Xurkitree are heavily damaged with expert belt like bulky pivot Amoonguss who is 2HKO 94% of the time with stealth rocks up with HP ice or Latias who takes over 50% with HP ice(unless it's a defensive variant). I know this isn't the most interesting set on Xurkitree, but I haven't seen it at all on the ladder and it's been pretty solid for me.

Calcs

Gliscor

• 252 SpA Expert Belt Xurkitree Hidden Power Ice vs. 244 HP / 196 SpD Gliscor: 394-466 (111.9 - 132.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO With Expert Belt
  • 252 SpA Xurkitree Hidden Power Ice vs. 244 HP / 196 SpD Gliscor: 328-388 (93.1 - 110.2%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO Without Expert Belt
Suicune
  • RoarCune: 252 SpA Expert Belt Xurkitree Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Suicune: 389-461 (96.2 - 114.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
  • Calm Mind: 252 SpA Expert Belt Xurkitree Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 40 SpD Suicune: 374-442 (92.5 - 109.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
Amoonguss
  • 252 SpA Expert Belt Xurkitree Hidden Power Ice vs. 252 HP / 0+ SpD Amoonguss: 216-254 (50 - 58.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Black Sludge recovery
Latias
  • 252 SpA Expert Belt Xurkitree Hidden Power Ice vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Latias: 156-185 (51.8 - 61.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Xurkitree @ Expert Belt
Evs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Energy Ball/ Grass Knot

Many Xurkitree sets are based around gaining +1 speed; however, since Xurk doesn't have the best speed tier in UU and being relatively frail, it gets revenge killed by many common scarf users and mega Aero with rocks or spikes up or in some cases at full HP. I think Expert Belt 4 attacks on Xurk is extremely underrated because it works as a decent wall breaker and catching people off guard. For example, when someones switches Gliscor in on an incoming volt switch, they expect it to be scarf Xurk. Volt Switch is generally only on scarf Xurk which leads to them staying in and Xurk OKOing Gliscor in the process with HP ice 100% of the time instead of only OKOing it 62% of the time without Expert Belt. Expert Belt Xurk also OKO's both calm mind Suicuine and roarcune with rocks up 100 percent of the time. Common switch ins on Xurkitree are heavily damaged with expert belt like bulky pivot Amoonguss who is 2HKO 94% of the time with stealth rocks up with HP ice or Latias who takes over 50% with HP ice(unless it's a defensive variant). I know this isn't the most interesting set on Xurkitree, but I haven't seen it at all on the ladder and it's been pretty solid for me.

Calcs
Gliscor
  • 252 SpA Expert Belt Xurkitree Hidden Power Ice vs. 244 HP / 196 SpD Gliscor: 394-466 (111.9 - 132.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO With Expert Belt
  • 252 SpA Xurkitree Hidden Power Ice vs. 244 HP / 196 SpD Gliscor: 328-388 (93.1 - 110.2%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO Without Expert Belt
Suicune
  • RoarCune: 252 SpA Expert Belt Xurkitree Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Suicune: 389-461 (96.2 - 114.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
  • Calm Mind: 252 SpA Expert Belt Xurkitree Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 40 SpD Suicune: 374-442 (92.5 - 109.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
Amoonguss
  • 252 SpA Expert Belt Xurkitree Hidden Power Ice vs. 252 HP / 0+ SpD Amoonguss: 216-254 (50 - 58.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Black Sludge recovery
Latias
  • 252 SpA Expert Belt Xurkitree Hidden Power Ice vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Latias: 156-185 (51.8 - 61.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
I don't wanna be mean or anything, but what's the point on using Expert Belt over Shuca Berry or Zap Plate? I just want to point this out because AoA Shuca Berry Xurkitree is excellent nowadays; It can bluff Choice Specs against bulky Waters, and it can always pivot with Volt Switch. Its "common" checks such as Latias are always worn down by Volt Switch anyways and can be trapped by Krookodile or Mega Aerodactyl. Also, it doesn't lose to Krookodile and fast Gliscor 1v1, unlike the set you posted. Zap Plate also allows Xurktiree to do more damage with its Electric STABs, thus bluffing Specs way better than the set you posted as well. I'm sorry if this post sounds offensive, but I just don't get why you're using Expert Belt over these items.

I don't wanna be mean or anything, but what's the point on using Expert Belt over Shuca Berry or Zap Plate? I just want to point this out because AoA Shuca Berry Xurkitree is excellent nowadays; It can bluff Choice Specs against bulky Waters, and it can always pivot with Volt Switch. Its "common" checks such as Latias are always worn down by Volt Switch anyways and can be trapped by Krookodile or Mega Aerodactyl. Also, it doesn't lose to Krookodile and fast Gliscor 1v1, unlike the set you posted. Zap Plate also allows Xurktiree to do more damage with its Electric STABs, thus bluffing Specs way better than the set you posted as well. I'm sorry if this post sounds offensive, but I just don't get why you're using Expert Belt over these items.
Well with Shuca Berry, Xurk still takes a good chunk of damage. Getting rid of Gliscor without taking any damage and potentially getting rid of Amoonguss is nice, for example, scarf Miensho to sweep. Speedy Gliscor is also less common nowadays or at least from what I've seen. Overall, Expert Belt Xurk supports other mons like choice scarf Mienshao and Terrakion while being a powerful special attacker in the process.

Last edited:
Ditto @ Choice Scarf
Bold Nature
- Transform

Ditto is an absolutely incredible mon to have on any offensive team. It's the best revenge killer in the game, scouts sets, and just generally does a lot for a team. It is an insanely potent offense killer and overall a great mon, try it out.

Whimsicott @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
Bold Nature
- Substitute
- Encore
- Leech Seed
- Protect

This set is absolutely hard to play against if you don't have a grass or dark type (why I like using bug types with this). It can wall anything it wants as long as it can set up a substitute or a leech seed. The permanent prankster substitute into protect cycle is supported by leftovers and leech seeds and you will not run out of hp. The way you want to play this is to predict a move that you can encore easily (like defog, rapid spin, any stat boost...) then you switch in Whimsicott and threaten the encore. Since this set is not really known by anyone you might want to use encore. If you think your opponent knows whats going on (the second time you use it in the same battle for example) you can predict the switch and go for a substitute. This set can easily force multiple switches, stop set ups, stall out rain, aurora veil and trick room, and destroys unexperienced or bad build teams.

From my personal experience it can easily stop Xurkitree from setting up (skill and prediction involved) and destroy rain teams by switching in whenever you expect rain dance. It is really fun to use and fits well into teams with hazards and counters to dark or grass types. I can't tell you how often I stalled out Life Orb Pokemon with this set like Crawdaunt when I did't have another switch in. Biggest draw back is that you can't fit in a Moonblast or Giga Drain while both would fit really well on this set. I tried replacing Encore with those but Encore is just to good with this set and forces a lot of switches.

Whimsicott @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Substitute
- Encore
- Leech Seed
- Protect

This set is absolutely hard to play against if you don't have a grass or dark type (why I like using bug types with this). It can wall anything it wants as long as it can set up a substitute or a leech seed. The permanent prankster substitute into protect cycle is supported by leftovers and leech seeds and you will not run out of hp. The way you want to play this is to predict a move that you can encore easily (like defog, rapid spin, any stat boost...) then you switch in Whimsicott and threaten the encore. Since this set is not really known by anyone you might want to use encore. If you think your opponent knows whats going on (the second time you use it in the same battle for example) you can predict the switch and go for a substitute. This set can easily force multiple switches, stop set ups, stall out rain, aurora veil and trick room, and destroys unexperienced or bad build teams.

From my personal experience it can easily stop Xurkitree from setting up (skill and prediction involved) and destroy rain teams by switching in whenever you expect rain dance. It is really fun to use and fits well into teams with hazards and counters to dark or grass types. I can't tell you how often I stalled out Life Orb Pokemon with this set like Crawdaunt when I did't have another switch in. Biggest draw back is that you can't fit in a Moonblast or Giga Drain while both would fit really well on this set. I tried replacing Encore with those but Encore is just to good with this set and forces a lot of switches.
Doesn't taunt just beat it though

Doesn't taunt just beat it though
If your opponent switches into his (non grass/dark) taunter you will get off a leech seed for sure (or a substitute). Then you protect on his first taunt (unless you substituted then you have to leech seed). After that you can either take the free switch on his taunt and get tempo and free leech seeds plus potential hazard damage or you stay on his taunt and try to protect again. If that fails you have to switch but you got at least one turn if not up to three turns of leech seeds of. It obviously struggles against taunt (no pun intended) but you can outplay it. Oh and don't try to switch this set into his taunter. That would obviously blow.

Edit: Most of the time when you use this set you want to stop a set up or force out a threat anyways. So that works all the time :D

Last edited:

Chesnaught @ Rockium Z
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe

- Drain Punch
- Wood Hammer
- Stone Edge
- Poison Jab

I've been using this guy on my trick room team, and I'm really liking Continental Crush. Luring in pokemon like Darmanitan, M-Aero, and some Togekiss variants, among others, it's able to OHKO pokemon that usually would live a hit and revenge kill it.

252+ Atk Chesnaught Stone Edge vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Aerodactyl-Mega: 240-284 (79.7 - 94.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Chesnaught Continental Crush (180 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Aerodactyl-Mega: 430-508 (142.8 - 168.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ Atk Chesnaught Stone Edge vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Darmanitan: 338-398 (96.2 - 113.3%) -- 75% chance to OHKO (still a roll)
252+ Atk Chesnaught Continental Crush (180 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Darmanitan: 608-716 (173.2 - 203.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ Atk Chesnaught Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Togekiss: 218-258 (58.2 - 68.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery (Nasty Plot variant)
252+ Atk Chesnaught Continental Crush (180 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Togekiss: 394-464 (105.3 - 124%) -- guaranteed OHKO

note: stallbreaker togekiss is also OHKO'd, but support togekiss only dies after rocks/chip.

I'm also running Poison Jab for fairy types like Sylveon and Alolan Ninetales. Although it is a 2hko, Chesnaught is unable to live a support Sylveon's Hyper Voice after Wood Hammer recoil. Poison Jab is a 2hko as well, but without the recoil. Stone Edge is a roll to OHKO Ninetales, however Poison Jab is a much safer option, and a guaranteed 2hko, because Ninetales is unable to OHKO Chesnaught.

Overall, I've been running a ton of trick room as of late, and it's been really fun, with Chesnaught being a prominent and unexpected threat on my team. I'm going to get some replays with it in the near future (today), because I'm dumb and keep forgetting to save mine.

Last edited:
Reactions: CBU

dingbat

snek
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
This is quickly becoming standard because quite frankly this set is pretty heat:

Rotom @ Grassium Z

252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Filler

Bluff Choice Scarf by spamming Volt Switch and then punish the Ground-type switch-in with Bloom Doom; if that fails, nail something with Bloom Doom anyways, because it hits pretty hard anyhow. I personally run Will-o-Wisp in the last slot just to fuck with some switch-ins after a Leaf Storm drop, if that ever happens, but Signal Beam is perfectly fine as well if you want some way to hit Hydreigon, Latias, Celebi, etc. Also Krookodile don't fuck you over nearly as hard, which is another bonus.

Last edited:

Empoleon @ Petaya Berry
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 12 HP / 244 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Agility
- Substitute
- Surf
- Ice Beam

A throwback to the past. This set acts as a lategame sweeper, and with the departure of Conkeldurr, it could have strong utility in the current metagame. The premise is simple, Empoleon comes in on an attack with its great resistances/bulk and uses Agility. Since you now have the speed advantage, you can keep substituting until you reach 25%. At this stage, your Petaya berry activates, which grants +1 SpA. Additionally, you hit Torrent range, which multiplies your water attacks by 1.5x. In total, your Surf damage gets multiplied by 2.25x, similar to a Tail Glow boost. You will also be at +2 Speed.

Furthermore since Empoleon 4x resists Bullet Punch and Ice Shard, even at low HP, it is generally safe from being picked off by priority. It should also have no issues with taking Quick Attacks, Aqua Jets and non-banded ExtremeSpeeds. You can also choose to run Grass Knot as your secondary coverage move. Timid can also be chosen over Modest to outrun base 100 Scarfers.

Calcs

+1 252+ SpA Torrent Empoleon Surf vs. 248 HP / 136 SpD Scizor: 333-393 (97 - 114.5%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO

+1 252+ SpA Torrent Empoleon Surf vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Raikou: 322-381 (100.3 - 118.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+1 252+ SpA Torrent Empoleon Surf vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Swampert-Mega: 298-352 (87.3 - 103.2%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

Last edited:

sparrow

kacaw
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

Scizor @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off
- Quick Attack
- Swords Dance

Quick Attack on Scizor initially started off as an idea on one particular team. Now, rather than wall breaking, in terms of sweeping potential this is my Scizor of choice. It now finds its way onto a large portion of my offensive builds, simply because it can handle some fairly significant threats at +2 with the aid of Stealth Rocks + Spikes. At face value, losing coverage as well as a decent other option in either Superpower or Bug Bite seems fairly redundant. +2 Quick Attack allows me to adequately remove common offensive switch-ins (and threats to offence) such as: Darmanitan, Infernape, Starmie, Raikou, Xurkitree, Offensive Tentacruel and even Entei & Volcanion (if the right conditions are met). In terms of support, this Scizor functions best with Stealth Rock and at least one layer of Spikes but, it's still very good as a late game sweeper if you only have SR support and your opponents team is adequately damaged. I run Knock Off as coverage since it allows me to KO opposing Scizor without having to drop stats with Superpower, essentially its the best neutral coverage e.g. removing a fat mons item at +2 opening up a sweep for another team member.
+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Technician Scizor Quick Attack vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Darmanitan: 302-356 (86 - 101.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock and 1 layer of Spikes
+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Technician Scizor Quick Attack vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Infernape: 246-290 (83.9 - 98.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock and 1 layer of Spikes
+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Technician Scizor Quick Attack vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Starmie: 213-251 (81.6 - 96.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock and 1 layer of Spikes
+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Technician Scizor Quick Attack vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Raikou: 237-279 (73.8 - 86.9%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock and 1 layer of Spikes
+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Technician Scizor Quick Attack vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Xurkitree: 246-290 (80.1 - 94.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock and 1 layer of Spikes
+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Technician Scizor Quick Attack vs. 80 HP / 0 Def Tentacruel: 265-313 (82.5 - 97.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock and 1 layer of Spikes
+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Technician Scizor Quick Attack vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Entei: 213-252 (57.4 - 67.9%) -- 50% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock and 1 layer of Spikes
+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Technician Scizor Quick Attack vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Volcanion: 160-188 (53.1 - 62.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock and 3 layers of Spikes
Latias @ Dragonium Z
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost
- Calm Mind

Hawlucha @ Power Herb
Ability: Unburden
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Acrobatics
- Sky Attack
- Swords Dance

Scizor @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off
- Quick Attack
- Swords Dance

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
EVs: 156 Atk / 180 SpA / 172 Spe
Naive Nature
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Freeze-Dry
- Stealth Rock

Sharpedo-Mega @ Sharpedonite
Ability: Speed Boost
Jolly Nature
- Crunch
- Psychic Fangs
- Ice Fang
- Protect

Klefki @ Leftovers
EVs: 196 HP / 208 Def / 96 SpD / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Spikes
- Dazzling Gleam
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Thunder Wave

dingbat

snek
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus

Muk (Alola) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Poison Touch
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Atk / 56 SpA / 64 SpD
Brave Nature
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Poison Jab
- Fire Blast

Fire blast will be pretty useless once Fire Punch becomes a thing and idk what my EV spreads are for, but this was a pretty neat tech I used during the suspect test because I thought Shadow Sneak was a rlly useless move lmao. Bulky Scizor takes at least 75%, offensive Scizor just dies, Cobalion takes almost 50%, Mega Steelix takes ~25-30%, and Forry just dies to it after it switches into Knock Off. Even though I only put 64 EVs into SpD, it still did a really great job tanking strong special hits from shit like Xurk/z-Draco Latias, and overall even with the reduced investment in SpD, it still provided the same tank-and-annoy presence, especially with all the chip damage caused from mindlessly clicking moves and poisoning shit.

Last edited:

Adaam

إسمي جف
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis the 8th Grand Slam Winner
Gonna drop some heat for you guys, no need to thank me (except with a like :D ).

Primarina @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spa
Bold Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Work Up
- Moonblast

Bulky Primarina was already a solid Pokemon due to awesome defensive typing, but without Specs the loss of power really sucked. CroMarina solves that by letting you boost to frightening levels after just a few turns, and it finds ample opportunities to do so with Weavile/Lati/Blastoise and co running around. This set also has a real nice matchup vs Stall if you manage to wear down or kill their Tentacruel. It sucks that it doesn't get Calm Mind so no eating Electric attacks after boost :/ but it's still a neat set. Big downside is Scizor sets up on you but they won't try to until you reveal no Scald. Here's some replays showing what it can do:

Volcanion @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 104 HP / 168 SpA / 236 Spe
Timid Nature
- Steam Eruption
- Flamethrower
- Toxic
- Flame Charge

I got wrecked by a Flame Charge Volc on ladder so I decided to try it out and it's actually real nice. The spread lets you outspeed Talonflame at +1 and survive Z-Close Combat from Cobalion after SR. Toxic is there because you're walled by Mantine otherwise which is annoying while crippling Latias/bulky Water-types. Flamethrower over Fire Blast for more PP. Even though you're outsped by the fast mega trio and all Scarfers, forcing a Choice Scarf user in gives you more leeway than something like SD Terrakion or Xurkitree coming in to revenge kill. No replays saved :/.

Pidgeot-Mega @ Pidgeotite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Substitute
- Heat Wave
- Roost

Nothing fancy here, a simple Substitute allows you to comfortably take on Alomomola while dodging T-Waves from Togekiss and Klefkis on the switch. Sub helps with getting free turns if your opponent tries to sack something and bring in their Weavile/Mamo/Scarfer. You still can't break Blissey which sucks, but U-Turn is doing no damage to anything anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)