SMACKED [RARE][BASED][PINSIR]

Welcome :J I wanted to build a new team but the common HO spam/stall never worked out for me. I looked back at some past RMTs for some ideas and saw that some people built their teams around or with uncommon mons. I saw things like Talonflame, Mega Mawile, and Mega Tyranitar. So I wanted to try something different. I thought of mons that could set up well and possible pull off a sweep and then I came across Mega Pinsir. In OU Mega Pinsir is one of the most feared sweepers, with a huge 155 attack stat and 105 speed stat which is great for Ubers. Honestly when I first built it I didn't think it would perform well, but I got a decent 1500 before I decided to RMT it

So I wanted to build around Mega Pinsir. When I ladder I get a lot of laughs before the game starts, but if I get a chance to get a Swords Dance in I'm dealing crazy damage

With both Pinsir's Rock weak typing, I definitely needed something to get them off the field. I chose Arceus-Ghost because it has overall bulk and it gave me an Extreme Killer check which is something everyone needs

At this point I had a huge Yveltal weakness, so the next member of the team was Heatran. Tyranitar came to mind first but I chose Heatran over it because it checks GeoXern which was cool.

Next I needed a Kyogre check. I was trying to stay as offensive as possible so I chose sexy Palkia as the next member of le team

Besides Palkia, I lacked pure power at the go. And since Mewtwo was annoying I needed something to smack it quickly. I chose Zekrom next because its fast with Scarf and not much can switch into a neutral Adamant Bolt Strike (after rocks sometimes).

Unfortunately I don't get the chance to set up with Mega Pinsir in every match, so finally GeoXern is the last member of le team to usually make a mid to late game sweep.

SMACKED (Pinsir) @ Pinsirite
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Return
- Quick Attack
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
This right here is the champ of the team. Mega Pinsir is an underrated monster. Aerilate boosts Return to a 133 STAB attack (basically Life Orb without recoil) while having nice coverage moves to go along. Max Speed to reach 339 speed to outpace a good amount of the mons in Ubers. Quick Attack is an amazing priority dealing quick damage when needed, and Earthquake is there for smacking Dialga or scarfed Zekrom. Believe me when I say I get a lot of laughs for using this thing. Piece of advice, always Return over Frustrastion as Ditto never (you might run into one but there isn't much a point) has 255 happiness. So if Ditto were to copy you its Return would have a BP of one.
+2 252 Atk Aerilate Mega Pinsir Return vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Yveltal: 517-609 (113.3 - 133.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252 Atk Aerilate Mega Pinsir Quick Attack vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mega Mewtwo X: 390-458 (110.4 - 129.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252 Atk Aerilate Mega Pinsir Return vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Arceus: 424-499 (95.4 - 112.3%) -- 75% chance to OHKO
+2 252 Atk Mega Pinsir Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Dialga: 424-500 (104.9 - 123.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252 Atk Aerilate Mega Pinsir Return vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Ho-Oh: 541-637 (130.3 - 153.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252 Atk Aerilate Mega Pinsir Return vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Giratina: 313-370 (62.1 - 73.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+2 252 Atk Aerilate Mega Pinsir Return vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Groudon: 280-331 (69.3 - 81.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+2 252 Atk Aerilate Mega Pinsir Return vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Mega Scizor: 369-435 (107.2 - 126.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252 Atk Aerilate Mega Pinsir Quick Attack vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Kyogre: 211-250 (61.6 - 73%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Arceus-Ghost @ Spooky Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 HP / 4 Def
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Will-O-Wisp
- Defog
- Recover

Like all I needed a reliable Extreme Killer check, and this also patches up my slight Groudon weakness. Not much to say about this thing, 90% of the time I'm spamming Will-O-Wisp or attacking with weak Judgments. It sucks when I'm against something like Recover Arceus and I can't touch it besides burns, but if so it is missing a support move and I can still kill it or stall it out.

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Roar
- Stealth Rock

I just love Heatran in Ubers. Intentionally I put it to be a GeoXern/Yveltal check, but I found it helped by being an amazing status absorber, since it is immune to both burns and poison, and a complete counter to almost all of the support Arceus formes. Max SpDef and HP to take moves all day. Spamming Lava Plume is an excellent strategy to spread the burn, and if I'm not doing that I'm spreading the love of poison through Toxic. Roar is for Xerneas but if it carries Focus Blast thats gg for me. Although not many are because the usual moveset I see is HP Fire/Psyshock/Moonblast. Heatran also helps to take out threats to Xerneas such as Aegislash or Scizor.

Palkia @ Lustrous Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 Atk
Hasty Nature
- Spacial Rend
- Hydro Pump
- Thunder
- Focus Punch

This set is one of the most fun to use on the team. Palkia is one of the best Pokemon in Ubers right now thanks to its huge power, over average speed, decent special bulk, and the fact that it counters one of the biggest threats in Ubers, Choiced Kyogre. Spacial Rend is a basic STAB move, Hydro Pump is a pure nightmare to anything switching into it neutrally bar the pink blobs (I'll get to that later). Thunder smacks Kyogre and Lugia who I really shouldn't bother trying to kill unless it is low in HP. The gimmick to this is Focus Punch. On the Chansey/Blissey or Ferrothorn switch (the latter usually can't take two rain boosted Hydro Pumps) Focus Punch deals big damage to them. The sets that run Max Def are annoying, but it is always a 2HKO so if they try to Toxic or Softboiled I can just continue to Focus Punch. This also hits Dialga pretty hard but Heatran usually takes out Dialga with no problems anyways.

Zekrom @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Adamant Nature
- Bolt Strike
- Outrage
- Volt Switch
- Sleep Talk

Zekrom gave me a strong revenge killer and another answer to Kyogre. Until a Fairy/Ground type comes along, all fairies will fear switching into Zekrom's strong Bolt Strike. Always use Adamant over Jolly, the extra power nails things like Support Arceus switchins or Xerneas. Outrage is rarely used, but nice for Giratina and when I don't trust le accuracy of Bolt Strike. Sleep Talk makes Zekrom become Darkrai fodder who is annoying to deal with but is becoming more common. Despite Zekrom being so amazing, it only added to my Ground weakness. I've considered replacing it for Scarf Landorus-T (llos) which has many benefits (outspeeding base )

Xerneas @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 252 SAtk / 112 Spd / 144 Def
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Geomancy

Finally there is Xerneas. The combination of Pinsir and Xerneas clean up each other's weaknesses. Pinsir takes out Scizor and Aegislash while Xerneas deals with Zekrom or other bulky scarfers. The EVs do look a bit weird, but proved to be very helpful. Max SpAtk for maximum output from Moonblast and other moves, 112 Speed beats one of the fastest things in the meta, Rock Polish Groudon after +2 (not going to mention Xerneas because it dies to +2 Moonblast regardless), and the extra EVs in defense really help by tanking Ho-oh's Brave Birds/Sacred Fires, Extreme Speeds, or anything physical attacker I may be setting up on. Psyshock kills Gengar and any other annoying Poison Pokemon, Focus Blast deals with opposing Heatran or Ferrothorn. This thing can clean up real nicely.​

I always ask myself, when is it truly safe to set up? Well once I was able to set up after Heatran was killed by Ho-oh's Earthquake. Another time I outplayed an opposing Seed/Protect Ferrothorn and pulled off a 6-0 against stall. It isn't too hard to find a chance to get in a Swords Dance in, but if you do, you'll be glad.

:]

Last edited:

haxiom

God's not dead.
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Wait isn't the default on PS 255 Happiness? I'm not sure tbh. Will post rate later, atm biggest weakness is fblast xern

EDITING IN A RATE:

Hey ssneak,

Solid team. The main issue is that you lose to specific variants of pokemon. EQ Ho-Oh gives you tremendous trouble, as does Focus Blast Xerneas as I mentioned. Offensive Palkia is a threat, since Xerneas doesn't do a good job of taking it's Hydro Pump if on switch, or Twave if it runs that. Zekrom is a threat. Otherwise, it's a solid build. You also might have some trouble breaking down stall (though I don't know about Pinsir's wallbreaking abilities). Speaking of Pinsir, I have trouble seeing what specific niche it has and how it is any more effective, than some other SD wallbreaker. The only thing I see is a cool speed tier, and quick attack, then again Ray has Espeed so it's not like quick attack has much of a niche either. Just wondering what advantage it has over anything else (not a challenge, sort of me just thinking and wondering).

As for making changes to fix these issues, there are a few things that could be done. Running Chople Heatran will allow you to beat Xerneas reliably by phazing it. The biggest thing that I find myself missing on this team is a ground type, so yeah you mentioned scarf Lando-T, although I don't feel like it necessarily has to be scarfed. I do recognize Zekrom's niche on this team in revenging Palkia though.

OPTMIZATION:

Pinsir- try to hit an odd HP because of the SR weakness.

Ghostceus- I don't think that you have to run max speed- creeping to Adamant Ekiller would be fine.

Heatran- looks fine, Chople?

Palkia- Focus Punch is cool, but I think you have enough other ways to beat Blissey. Twave will help with Xerneas.

Zekrom- 4 SAtk > 4 HP

Xerneas- run a spread of 104 HP / 32 Def / 252+ SAtk / 120 Spd. The moves are okay, but I prefer Thunder+Sub?

Good luck!

Last edited:
Wait isn't the default on PS 255 Happiness? I'm not sure tbh. Will post rate later, atm biggest weakness is fblast xern

EDITING IN A RATE:

Hey ssneak,

Solid team. The main issue is that you lose to specific variants of pokemon. EQ Ho-Oh gives you tremendous trouble, as does Focus Blast Xerneas as I mentioned. Offensive Palkia is a threat, since Xerneas doesn't do a good job of taking it's Hydro Pump if on switch, or Twave if it runs that. Zekrom is a threat. Otherwise, it's a solid build. You also might have some trouble breaking down stall (though I don't know about Pinsir's wallbreaking abilities). Speaking of Pinsir, I have trouble seeing what specific niche it has and how it is any more effective, than some other SD wallbreaker. The only thing I see is a cool speed tier, and quick attack, then again Ray has Espeed so it's not like quick attack has much of a niche either. Just wondering what advantage it has over anything else (not a challenge, sort of me just thinking and wondering).

As for making changes to fix these issues, there are a few things that could be done. Running Chople Heatran will allow you to beat Xerneas reliably by phazing it. The biggest thing that I find myself missing on this team is a ground type, so yeah you mentioned scarf Lando-T, although I don't feel like it necessarily has to be scarfed. I do recognize Zekrom's niche on this team in revenging Palkia though.

OPTMIZATION:

Pinsir- try to hit an odd HP because of the SR weakness.

Ghostceus- I don't think that you have to run max speed- creeping to Adamant Ekiller would be fine.

Heatran- looks fine, Chople?

Palkia- Focus Punch is cool, but I think you have enough other ways to beat Blissey. Twave will help with Xerneas.

Zekrom- 4 SAtk > 4 HP

Xerneas- run a spread of 104 HP / 32 Def / 252+ SAtk / 120 Spd. The moves are okay, but I prefer Thunder+Sub?

Good luck!
Hmm so the default is 255. For some reason I always thought it was set at 0.

Chople Heatran sounds like a good idea, I'll try that. For the Lando thing yeah Zekrom is just so strong with Bolt Strike and Outrage. As for the other suggestions they all look nice too so I'll try them out.

Thanks for the rate!

haxiom

God's not dead.
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
ssneak said:
Hmm so the default is 255. For some reason I always thought it was set at 0.

Chople Heatran sounds like a good idea, I'll try that. For the Lando thing yeah Zekrom is just so strong with Bolt Strike and Outrage. As for the other suggestions they all look nice too so I'll try them out.

Thanks for the rate!
You are welcome. I'm not certain about the happiness, I very well may have been mistaken. Zekrom is very strong- both for you and your opponents actually. Tbh you need a Zekrom check.

As haxiom said, offensive Palkia (especially LustOrb) is a threat to your team, since it can pump out high amounts of damage with its STAB moves, leaving a big, spacial rend in your team. Replace Return on Pinsir with Frustration so Ditto is forced to lock itself into Quick Attack to kill you as Frustration will be doing almost nothing with max happiness. On your Xerneas, 118 HP/28 Def/252 SAtk/112 Spe might be a better spread since your current 144 Def doesn't help you at all on the special side.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)