Shaymin-S @ Choice Scarf

Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Air Slash
- Earth Power
- Seed Flare
- Hidden Power [Rock]

Shaymin-Sky is a great lead potentially flinching the opposition 60% of the time with Air Slash and/or sharply dropping the opposition's Sp.Def after a Seed Flare.
Many players rely on that 60% probability to flinch all the time which is the same as relying on Hypnosis to hit 100% of the time.
Earth Power & Hidden Power Rock are to deal super-effective damage to threats that would otherwise resist and/or
potentially take Shaymin-S's dual STAB attacks too well.
Timid Choice Scarf allows you to outspeed all
unboosted common threats in Ubers

Smeargle (M) @ Focus Sash

Trait: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Spore
- Shell Smash
- Dragon Tail
- Baton Pass

Smeargle's access to almost every move in the game makes it perfect for passing off stat boosts.
Shell Smash is the scariest stat boost in the game and with the added access to Spore as well as being one of the only three Pokemon
with the ability to have Shell Smash + Baton Pass, makes this little guy one potent Pokemon to deal with.
Like OU, Focus Sash is recommended to help Smeargle survive potential moves that would otherwise destroy it.
Personally I like going for Shell Smash before I Spore so that I can ensure that I get a successful Smash Pass.
Dragon Tail is used in case I have to Spore initially and
then Shell Smash while they switch into a Phazer anticipating
the Baton Pass. I can outspeed & shuffle the Phazer out without losing my stat boosts!

Kyogre @ Choice Scarf

Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 Sp.Def
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Thunder
- Hydro Pump
- Water Spout
- Ice Beam

While not holding as much destructive power as the Choice Specs variation,
Scarfed Kyogre is still not too shy to deal heavy offensive damage output.
Scarf serves as an initial surprise factor to hit enemies
with hard hitting attacks before they have a chance to respond.
It's a very effective revenge killer as well as bearing Drizzle for both opposition & support.

Gorebyss (M) @ Focus Sash

Trait: Swift Swim
EVs: 172 HP / 76 Def / 192 SDef / 68 Spd
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Baton Pass
- Shell Smash
- Scald
- Confuse Ray

I find it necessary to have more than one Smash Passer. Unlike Smeargle, Gorebyss isn't as crippled by Thundurus's Taunt.
At the same time, Gorebyss lacks the ability to put a threat to sleep while you attempt to Smash Pass.
Initially having Hydro Pump + Ice Beam, I learned that Gorebyss seldom OHKO's important threats such as Ferrothorn / Dialga & Giritina,
so I took a more defensive approach. The defensive investments serve to survive hits better assuming you didn't get a
chance to Shell Smash before your opponent attacks. Even with the added investments in HP, Def and Sp.Def,
Focus Sash is needed in certain scenarios in which this NU simply cannot survive
an attack from an Uber. Confuse Ray is the closest move to Smeargle's Spore
which is meant to prevent your opponent from thwarting your Smash Pass.
Scald over Surf for the 30% chance of crippling Physical threats if necessary.
68 Spd investments allow Gorebyss to reach 624 Speed after a Shell Smash in the rain.

Giratina-O @ Griseous Orb

Trait: Levitate
EVs: 124 HP / 252 SAtk / 132 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Aura Sphere
- Shadow Ball
- Thunder
- Dragon Pulse

I chose Giritina-Origin & Dialga as the recipients of the Smash Pass
because they almost cover each others weaknesses. Dialga is weak against Fighting & Ground
while Giritina-O is immune to those attacks for example. I initially had Giritina-Alternative
but despite gaining +2 from Shell Smash, Giritina-Alternative would always fall short of OHKO'ing threats
and get revenge killed in the process. Shadow Ball & Dragon Pulse provide dual STAB
while it's other two moves allow perfect coverage against main threats in Ubers.

Dialga @ Lum Berry

Trait: Pressure
EVs: 68 Atk / 252 SAtk / 188 Spd
Mild Nature (+SAtk, -Def)
- Thunder
- Dragon Tail
- Dragon Pulse
- Brick Break

The second recipient for a Smash Pass. Dialga!
I initially had both Draco Meteor & Dragon Pulse but I noticed that I have yet to have to use
Draco Meteor after a Smash Pass to OHKO a threat except for Eviolite Chansey.
Furthermore, Draco Meteor's -2 Sp.Atk drop defeats the purpose of having Dialga as a Smash Pass recipient in the first place.
I replaced Draco Meteor with Dragon Tail as the lack of Stealth Rocks on my team can potentially make an opponent
feel like he/she can bring in their Sashed Groudon / Sturdy Skarmory / Lugia etc. to phaze out my boosts after taking a hit.
You will deal damage and phaze them out at the same time before they get a chance to phaze you out.
Thunder and Dragon Pulse serve for maximum destruction after a Smash Pass.
Brick Break serves as an answer to Chansey whom otherwise walls this set.

the fact that u rely on gorebyss' successful pass because of confuse ray is nothing short of worrying.

your team is also weak to steath rocks. Rocks will break ur 2 sashes, and u have 1 resist and 1 weak. This basically means shell smash will not be successful with smeargle, and u have a low chance of making it work with gorebyss if u rely on fusion hax.

i suggest this

Espeon (M) @ Leftovers/ Focus Sash
Trait: Magic Bounce
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Substitute
- Baton Pass
- Stored Power
- <Filler>

Basically he reflects hazards, taunt (stopping u completely) and roar/ww. This will stop ur hazard problem and can help ur baton passing as well. Worse comes to worse, he can always atk with stored power after the shell smash boost. He can also pass sub which is nice.

i will consider using Espeon because of Thundurus's Taunt, but I seldom rely on Confuse Ray to get a successful pass of to a recipient. That's sort of like a last resort tech that I have due to a 252 Sp.Atk set on Gorebyss won't kill off certain threats like Giritina-O whom Dragon Tail instead of Whirlwind. (You can't Magic Bounce Dragon Tail)

Furthermore, only one Pokemon on my party is weak to Stealth Rocks & just because a Sash may be broken, doesn't necessarily mean that I won't be able to get off a successful Smash Pass. Furthermore, a Pokemon using Steath Rocks may be the perfect time to bring in a Sasher (Smeargle in particular)

Relies to much on special attacks that if you can't get a successful smashpass blissey and other special walls have a field day with this team. Ferrothorn lols at scarf'd kyogre as waterspout and hydro pump don't even 2hko it in the rain and can seed it without worry if shaymin is gone.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)