Smogoff CAP - Next Phase TBC (current progress in post #506)

would you like to do a stats stage (don't be a dick and vote for both yes and no)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BIG ASHLEY

ashley
is a Community Contributor
just realised i never voted but it really doesn't matter tbh. lol

special shoutout to War Incarnate who voted properly then apparently edited their post to have votes for both in it. not sure what the play was there ngl.

results:
mewtwo but better 5 - 17 horse

that's right, everyone - we're makin a horsey!!!

next step is concept discussion. our next vote will be the typing vote so you may want to consider that in your discussions idk.

some questions you may want to consider (or ignore ig. as long as we're talking about horses i'm not too bothered ngl):

- what is a good typing for a horsemon? what about ability?

- what should the horse do in the meta? (nb: there's absolutely zero chance this thing gets coded into showdown so this is purely hypothetical)

- do we want our horse to be similar to or different from current horses? for reference, here are the other horses i could find:

- :spectrier: spooky horse
- :glastrier: chilly horse
- :ponyta:, :rapidash: not-so-chilly horses
- :ponyta_galar:, :rapidash_galar: fabulous horses
- :mudbray:, :mudsdale: dreadlocks horses
- :blitzle:, :zebstrika: holiday horses
- :arceus: hmm. debatable.
- :horsea:, :seadra:, :kingdra: sort of?
- :carnivine: this is not a horse????? how did he get in here. get him out
- :keldeo: broken horse (bkc viewers will understand)

- wow! that's a lotta horses. aren't they pretty?

i'll prob open up an art thread once we have a typing. for now, discuss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
is a Smogon Discord Contributor
does our horse have a cutie mark? if so, where? it doesnt have to be on their ass, it can be on their face, their hooves, on the roof of their mouth, the possibilities are endless

alternatively, we could make a reverse-half-centaur. as in, a horse composed entirely of human body parts, but still fitting the skeleton of a horse

or is our horse more of a metaphorical horse? traditionally, horses are known to be fast-moving free spirits; perhaps we could interpret this concept in more than a dry, literal way

Will our horse be a defensive threat or an offensive threat? Either way, it should have high speed, since horses are known to run fast (ok, a few exceptions, like Glastrier and Mudsdale)

anyways

What is a good typing for a horsemon?
  • Dark/Fighting (or something)
What about ability?
  • Mold Breaker or Adaptability
What should the horse do in the meta?
  • Hit hard
  • Hit first
  • Destroy balance
  • Destroy stall
thank you for your time

BIG ASHLEY

ashley
is a Community Contributor
We should remove BSR limits too.
don't want to make too many posts (community project innit) but just to clarify: when we come to the stats stage, we will not be doing bsrs bc i don't understand them. anyone who tries to explain them will be banned from the project.

~~

another question i just thought of:

- how does the idea of "horsing around" relate to the concept? does it at all?

We should do counterparts for the Loyal Steeds.
What is a good typing for the horse?

I feel like for the typings, we should make them flavor-wise. Both of them have something to do with chills (Ice is cold, Ghost is scary), so I think we should choose something that is scary, or cold.
Scary Types:
Poison
- Fear of getting a disease (i.e COVID-19)
Dark - Do I need to explain?
Bug - Bug Phobias
Dragon - Medival people were scared of dragons, so...yeah.
Cold Types:
Water - You should know.
Types that fit into both categories:
Water - Fear of drowning; water is pretty cold too
Dark - Scary things, you can count this for both behavior-wise
Other:
Flying - Pegasus
Fairy - Pegasus (And MLP lol)
Ground - Horses trot on the ground.
Fighting - Horses have tremendous physical strength.
That’s all for typing.

What about ability?

An ability that raises their highest stat by 1 after a KO, just like the rest of the Loyal Steeds.

What should the horse do in the meta?

Depends on the typings I said. List below:
(For this list, I used the average stats by typing, fully evolved.)

Poison - Special Attacker and Tank, with some Attack
Dark - Mixed Attacker, with some Speed
Bug - Physical Attacker with Mixed Defenses, just like Glastrier with higher speed
Dragon - Mixed Attacker, with some Defense or Speed
Water - Mixed Tank with some Attack or Mixed Offenses (Turns out the average Attack for Water types is higher than it’s Special Attack slightly!)
Flying - Mixed Speedy Attacker
Fairy - Special Tank and Attacker, with some Defense
Ground - Physical Attacker and Tank with some more Special Defense
Fighting- Physical Speedy Attack with some Defense

Also, the stat rules for the Loyal Steeds, just because (Let me know if these are incorrect)
1 Base 145 Stat
1 Base 130 Stat
1 Base HP Stat (100)
1 Stat between 80 to 110 (if going over 80, subtract from the lowest stat)
2 Stats, one must be 65, the other can be 60 or lower (if you wanna boost the 80 - 110 stat above.)

If I over dictated, lemme know. Adios!

Last edited:

spoo

is a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
CAP Co-Leader
one of the most important questions to answer here, as put forth in the original concept, is if our horse should be good or evil. I believe the horse should be good.

frankly, most of the existing horses are morally neutral, at best. the only one that stands out as definitively good to me is keldeo (which was one of the best horses for a long time). the most evil horse was spectrier and we all know how that one went. I just don't think that making an evil horse will lead to an end product that we can be proud of.

with respect to typing, dark and ghost are morally evil so they should be ruled out. bug and poison are more debatable but I would argue that they're also evil. lastly, I don't think we should be the same type as any existing horse, because every horse is unique. the rest of the typings are all conceivable options for us.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)