Smogoff People's Moderator 2021: Nominations

monkfish

what are birds? we just don't know.
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
as is tradition, at the start of every year the people of Smogoff exercise their right to democratic rule. you should all be familiar with this protocol but here's a reminder:
  1. aside from the regular moderators of the forum, there is an additional People's Moderator (PM)
  2. the PM is nominated and voted for by the democratic body of the posters of Smogoff. restrictions on who can be PM are as follows:
    • the PM must have held a smogon account for over six months
    • the PM must have posted in Smogoff a minimum of 10 times in the past six months
    • the PM may never have been an actual smogon forum moderator, past or present
    • the PM must be nominated in this thread and must have won the popular vote in the voting thread (as yet uncreated)
  3. strictly speaking the PM has no 'power' on the forums. they cannot lock threads or delete posts. instead their power manifests as rule by consent: if the PM declares that a thread is locked, no democratically-supportive poster will further post in the thread. if the PM instructs a poster to delete or edit their post, the poster acquiesces to do so, out of respect for the office of the PM and the democratic process
as we welcome Sijih and Celticpride to our team of tyrannical overlords ("real mods"), we also note their remorse at being unable to apply for this most prestigious role.

you may nominate and vote for yourself - however, bear in mind that a wise man once said "The desire to be a politician should bar you for life from ever becoming one"

commence !

current nominations
  • total clefairy
  • ohmachi
  • colonel m i have it on good authority that col m has tasted the power of Mod and is therefore dq'ed from nominations
  • xzern
  • bp
  • scarfwynaut

Last edited:

az

toddmoding
is a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
goodness, is it really that time again, already?

of course, i jest

those of you in this forum will know i have long supported the nomination of Total Clefairy to the role of PM, and now that the time is upon us, that sentiment is no less fervent

total clefairy is a proven poster, a man of the people, and untarnished by the yoke of smogon moderatorship thus far

we would also be wise to remember he is the godfather of our blessed forum, having given it its name

it would be this old hand's pleasure, certainly, to abide by total clefairy's ruling that a thread is locked, and so to post within it no more

i shall withhold my posts, i shall edit my posts, and if by some terrible twist of fate total clefairy indeed demands that i delete my posts, then i say that i shall do it!

total clefairy for PM, i say!

antemortem

is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
goodness, is it really that time again, already?

of course, i jest

those of you in this forum will know i have long supported the nomination of Total Clefairy to the role of PM, and now that the time is upon us, that sentiment is no less fervent

total clefairy is a proven poster, a man of the people, and untarnished by the yoke of smogon moderatorship thus far

we would also be wise to remember he is the godfather of our blessed forum, having given it its name

it would be this old hand's pleasure, certainly, to abide by total clefairy's ruling that a thread is locked, and so to post within it no more

i shall withhold my posts, i shall edit my posts, and if by some terrible twist of fate total clefairy indeed demands that i delete my posts, then i say that i shall do it!

total clefairy for PM, i say!
+1

monkfish

what are birds? we just don't know.
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
i would like to nominate monkfish for this honor
it is most humbling to be nominated however this would be in contravention to the rule "the PM may never have been an actual smogon forum moderator, past or present". this role is a chance for the regular smogoff poster to represent the will of their people and enact the changes promised during hustings

i think some candidates have been overlooked and would like to submit two more: BP and ScarfWynaut

NB that if a candidate wishes to decline a nomination, that chance will come during hustings (next thread)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)