Smogon Classic V

Luigi

spo.ink/shadowtag
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 27 Championis a Past SPL Champion

Thanks again to MiniArchitect for the logo!

Welcome to the Fifth Smogon Classic. This tournament celebrates Smogon's and Pokemon's history throughout the years. Players will compete in separate tournaments for the RBY, GSC, ADV, DPP, and BW generations, culminating in a finals where players must play all generations with this amazing trophy on the line:

The format is the same as previous editions and consists of five separate tournaments: The BW Cup, The DPP Cup, The ADV Cup, The GSC Cup, and The RBY Cup. Each tournament is single elimination, best of three. Depending on your performance in a Cup, you will be awarded points. The point system is the same as the one used in Smogon Tour (see this for further explanation). When all the Cups have been finished, the sixteen players with the most points will advance to the play-offs. There they will battle in a best of five series until there is one undisputed Smogon Classic champion.

Signups for each wave of Cups will be posted a week after the signups for the previous wave of Cups. Here is the list of the five Cups with the names of the hosts and the dates each signup thread will be posted:

If there are any questions, post in this thread and I will answer them as well as I can. Do not use this thread as a venue to complain about the format.

Tiering changes to the metagames in this tournament might not immediately affect this tournament the round after they happen.

Have fun and good luck to everyone competing!

Last edited by a moderator:

Bad Grief

Banned deucer.
stunted a lil too hard n dropped out of uni until next year LOL fuck revision I'm going all in on mons now catch stoxONE in GF adv cup bout 2 drop some nexx and pass some +6+1s vs people that get mad over losing to players worse than them x
Every English teacher you've ever had is/are rolling in their grave(s).

Thanks again to MiniArchitect for the logo!

Welcome to the Fifth Smogon Classic. This tournament celebrates Smogon's and Pokemon's history throughout the years. Players will compete in separate tournaments for the RBY, GSC, ADV, DPP, and BW generations, culminating in a finals where players must play all generations with this amazing trophy on the line:

The format is the same as previous editions and consists of five separate tournaments: The BW Cup, The DPP Cup, The ADV Cup, The GSC Cup, and The RBY Cup. Each tournament is single elimination, best of three. Depending on your performance in a Cup, you will be awarded points. The point system is the same as the one used in Smogon Tour (see this for further explanation). When all the Cups have been finished, the sixteen players with the most points will advance to the play-offs. There they will battle in a best of five series until there is one undisputed Smogon Classic champion.

Signups for each wave of Cups will be posted a week after the signups for the previous wave of Cups. Here is the list of the five Cups with the names of the hosts and the dates each signup thread will be posted:

If there are any questions, post in this thread and I will answer them as well as I can. Do not use this thread as a venue to complain about the format.

Tiering changes to the metagames in this tournament might not immediately affect this tournament the round after they happen.

Have fun and good luck to everyone competing!
This is all OU in those generations right?

I have a couple questions.

First off, can I sign up for only one generation's cup, and then I only have to play all five generations if I win the tourney for my chosen gen? Or if I sign up, am I automatically committing to playing all five gens? And second, I battle on showdown! frequently with this name as my main, but I very rarely post on the forums as you can see. Am I still eligible to enter? Thank you for your help.

Anyone is eligible to enter provided they aren't tournbanned (and given your message, I highly doubt you are ^^).
You have to specifically enter a Cup to play it, if you sign up for only one, you will play only this one.
Now the people going into playoffs are the ones with the most points. While it is theoretically possible for one to reach playoff by only playing one Cup, it is improbable. Still, if you get in playoffs, you'll be required to play any generation, since your opponent could choose any metagame for your series.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)