Smogon Premier League V - Week 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, as a player who is as clueless as it gets in this tier, I found it pretty interesting and enjoyable. The speed ties were indeed unfortunate, but they could have gone either way and it is something that just happens. I have no opinion on the knock off spam, but the way I see it is just a strategy that works.

choked, set up arceus on a paralyzed specs palkia, never using thunderwave again

67.1 - 79.5%
Hydro Pump

gg regardless

kael has contacted me via pm and we have somewhat arranged times or atleast when he said he'll try to be on

Edit: not the way i wanted to win but i'm not going to risk my team for my ego
If that isn't the way you wanted to win, then why didn't you stop the timer when randy obviously was not playing at a very slow pace? I can understand if he was taking like 8 minutes per move but you just toke the cheap way out and decided to use the rules to your benefit.

@ Iris - There was never a reason given for setting timer/not stopping timer...not that it matters anyway.

Last edited:
[21:00] <youngjake93> I would have won anyway, but I took my easiest option

No one's saying Randy just "won" but he sure as fuck didn't just roll over and lose like you're suggesting. He had plays, which he was in the process of making when the time ran out. And if you were confident you beat him, then just play. As R_Inanimate said, enjoy your "win."

There's a reason I (and I would have hoped, most people) only turn on timer when you're opponent's taking fucking forever. Losing by timeout when you're taking a reasonable amount of time per move in a format that requires you to consider more variables than in Singles and physically take more time to make your move (making the move for both Pokemon takes more time, and hitting cancel on the second Pokemon requires you to reselect for both Pokemon) just seems really wrong to me.

joshe

the best
to be fair no one in their right mind would allow a rematch in spl and youngjake did what's best for his team. this is pretty ridiculous bitching over something that should be turned on by default (TIMER)

and yeah if you're playing ignore specs by default. absolutely nothing is worth reading from the spectator side

Last edited:
Ok to be perfectly honest, I didn't want to win by timer. I put the timer on to rush Randy to put pressure because I believe I am a more intuitive battler than him. I would be putting myself at a disadvantage to allow him 5 minutes per turn like he took last week. That would drain my momentum for making plays while allowing him to analyze every possible scenario.
I would gladly have finished the match because I was in a somewhat favorable position, but it is not my fault he timed out. Everyone knows about the timer rule and in fact, it starts much higher on that server at 300 seconds than on other servers. Randy could have ignored spectators, he could have just finished his turns in time, a lot could have happened. But at the end of the day I won by default and it isn't going to change. Sorry.
If you guys still want to hate on a timer win, idgaf, but I don't believe anything is wrong with using a mechanic available to me to make my opponent play faster. Slow-paced matches mess with my head.

GaryTheGengar

I COULD BE BANNED!
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
'i didnt want to win by timer'

then why didnt you turn the fucking timer off goddamn its annoying 'favorable position blah blah would have gladly finished the match'

then. finish. the. fucking. match. instead of taking the easy way out and then saying shit like that. you're welcome to pressure with the timer but you can easily turn it off when you notice your opponent is about to time out. as ctc said why play the game if you're just going to cheat and bullshit through it. nice attempt to cover your ass after being a huge pussy though rofl

R Inanimate

It's Lunatic Time
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I think the complaints here are probably in the sense that I wasn't actually playing that slowly, but slow enough such that the timer eventually handed me a loss. I'm not expecting to get a rematch, as it is my own fault for not noticing the timer for whatever reason.

I was half joking to one of my teammates that I couldn't possibly lose in a worse way than how kingofkings vs Braverius went. I didn't expect to actually manage succeed in doing that, since losing 5-5 to a timer that you didn't realize was only giving you 30 seconds to make a move on the last turn certainly makes me feel a lot more bitter than just losing by hax right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)