Smogon Premier League VIII - Commencemeat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
The TD team and the SPL hosts have decided upon a rules patch that was previously considered and decided upon, but not publicly carried out into words.

Once a player has been nominated, he can only be bid on with credits available at the time of the nomination. This means you will not be able to trade for credits and use them to bid on a player that has already been nominated.

EDIT:
We stand by the rule change and implemented it like this because we 1) assumed it had already been common knowledge and simply not been written into the rules correctly and 2) did not anticipate the effect it would have on the auction at this point in time. However, given the overwhelmingly negative reaction and the fact it it's our fault for not noticing that it had been missing, we are reversing it and the auction will proceed according to the original rules.

However, the reversed rule will be strongly considered to be added in SPL 9.
Sounds needlessly complicated to keep track of and also diminishes the usefulness of trading for credits, so why?

I learned a lesson today.

This girl left my friend.

He called her a bitch.

Im arab I didnt know what a bitch is, i translated it, turns out it is a female dog.

dogs or (bitches) in this situation are known to be loyal.

so I told him its an insult to dogs to call this girl a bitch.

See you next week!

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Nice attempt of Like farming though :[l]
not sure what's dumber, the notion that I actually give a shit about likes or that you think I believe an appeal to ethics about the competitive integrity of SPL was going to gather any likes

TFC can't you change your custom title yourself

not sure what's dumber, the notion that I actually give a shit about likes or that you think I believe an appeal to ethics about the competitive integrity of SPL was going to gather any likes

TFC can't you change your custom title yourself
AH i missed this

the classic dick size competition on smogon to see who can be the most passive aggressive among those who are in IDM and then the classic outsider who is offended by the pretentious behaviors of said peoples and his/her retaliations..

i so don't see the point! pokemon is fun and happy not this popularity contest bullshit where you have to be a dick over the internet :] ok goodbye now

I wanted to express, I was never given a chance on any Major-Tournaments. I know i wasn't and im not the best Competitive player, but i'm passionate about the game, i hate to lose, and i know i gave a lot of people negative vibes when it came to my game. But i lasted this long hoping i would have something more to look-forward to around. Watching these highlighted Matches. Watching the chat just go ballistic after a crit, or miss, or insane set ( Iron Defense Skarm - Lefiez ), It gives you the goose-bumps to want to compete as hard as those players and maybe get that deserving chance you've been hoping to get. In my case, it never happened. And it has gotten to me, it has made me realize i'm just not good enough to compete in this Game anymore. I had a couple decent runs, nothing major, i invested so much time in this game and it never panned out for me.

I'm finally deciding to step-away from this game for good. I have so many emotions leading up to this, but im leaving for good. I've been around since 2004 as many of you know, i was around since the beginning of Smogon.com, since before chaos decided to eat 1 to many donuts, from the days of majestic NetBattle, to the Pokemon-Online development, to IDM, to the Shake Vs Omfuga fights, well yeah since all of that. It's hard having to finally realize this game just isn't for you anymore. I have tried to balance the weight of my life, as many of you know, i do have a Family, i have my own house-hold, i work a full-time job and i have a lot of big changes coming into my life in the next months or so. And through all of that, i still managed to find the time in a day to get on this site, somedays i would literally sacrifice sleep just to get Online and interact with a lot of you fellas, get on discord and interact with a lot of you people, because i honestly appreciate having a lot of you in my life. Many of those come to the Internet for many reasons, but i have always come around because i felt, this was my way of getting away from all my irl problems and interacting with so many of you has been a blast. Smogon.com has been part of half of my life to say the least, i never got banned ( So many times i have looked for it lol ), I have seen so many things, from laughter, to emotional posts that have made a small difference in my life.
But i can't sit by and watch all my friends compete while i'm isolated from joining them and being able to compete with them. So yeah, this is where i say my Good-Byes. Some of you have me on FB, others on Skype. Not sure what i'm keeping myself active on, but i'm certain im done with Showdown and posting on these forums. Goodluck to the Staff, the Players, keep at it. You guys have been nothing but nice to me, regardless of any past incidents.

Also. m/25/nj/dtf?
rsz_20170210_103508.jpg
Peace Bros.

Tele

a quality human being
I wanted to express, I was never given a chance on any Major-Tournaments. I know i wasn't and im not the best Competitive player, but i'm passionate about the game, i hate to lose, and i know i gave a lot of people negative vibes when it came to my game. But i lasted this long hoping i would have something more to look-forward to around. Watching these highlighted Matches. Watching the chat just go ballistic after a crit, or miss, or insane set ( Iron Defense Skarm - Lefiez ), It gives you the goose-bumps to want to compete as hard as those players and maybe get that deserving chance you've been hoping to get. In my case, it never happened. And it has gotten to me, it has made me realize i'm just not good enough to compete in this Game anymore. I had a couple decent runs, nothing major, i invested so much time in this game and it never panned out for me.

I'm finally deciding to step-away from this game for good. I have so many emotions leading up to this, but im leaving for good. I've been around since 2004 as many of you know, i was around since the beginning of Smogon.com, since before chaos decided to eat 1 to many donuts, from the days of majestic NetBattle, to the Pokemon-Online development, to IDM, to the Shake Vs Omfuga fights, well yeah since all of that. It's hard having to finally realize this game just isn't for you anymore. I have tried to balance the weight of my life, as many of you know, i do have a Family, i have my own house-hold, i work a full-time job and i have a lot of big changes coming into my life in the next months or so. And through all of that, i still managed to find the time in a day to get on this site, somedays i would literally sacrifice sleep just to get Online and interact with a lot of you fellas, get on discord and interact with a lot of you people, because i honestly appreciate having a lot of you in my life. Many of those come to the Internet for many reasons, but i have always come around because i felt, this was my way of getting away from all my irl problems and interacting with so many of you has been a blast. Smogon.com has been part of half of my life to say the least, i never got banned ( So many times i have looked for it lol ), I have seen so many things, from laughter, to emotional posts that have made a small difference in my life.
But i can't sit by and watch all my friends compete while i'm isolated from joining them and being able to compete with them. So yeah, this is where i say my Good-Byes. Some of you have me on FB, others on Skype. Not sure what i'm keeping myself active on, but i'm certain im done with Showdown and posting on these forums. Goodluck to the Staff, the Players, keep at it. You guys have been nothing but nice to me, regardless of any past incidents.

Also. m/25/nj/dtf?
Peace Bros.
he did it! he flipped the bird again!

on a serious note, it really saddens me to see you leaving. especially because without losers like you there wouldnt be winners like me. best of luck in your future endeavours anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)