Smogon Premier League X - Week 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the tenth iteration of SPL, SPL X. In this tournament, 10 teams containing the best players on Smogon (except for Mr.E) play against each other and duke it out every week, attempting to gather as many wins as they can to reach playoffs. Some of them will fail, while others will bloom. Whatever the case, the matches will be exciting, so without further ado, here are tournament rules and the matchups!

Reminders:

On Sportsmanship
Note the sportsmanship infraction may be used liberally this SPL, and any unsportsmanlike conduct on the forums, in discord, or in opposing SPL team servers (I won't infract for you being a dick in your own SPL team server unless the situation is so extreme I feel I absolutely have to make an exception (consider basically any masterclass interaction ever)), will be grounds for an infraction. We encourage you to play semi-aggressively, but don't be a Masterclass.

~ Aldaron

On Scheduling Matches
I'm sure plenty of you have come across activity drama while scheduling matches. I'm here to reduce the arbitrary element associated with some of these decisions. It is entirely your decision to adhere to these STRONG RECOMMENDATIONS, but note that if you choose not to, I'll most likely ignore any pleading from your end.

YOU MUST ACTIVATE YOUR VM WALL IF YOU WISH TO PLAY IN THIS TOURNAMENT. THIS IS HOW ALL OFFICIAL SCHEDULING WILL BE HANDLED.

Once that week's thread is posted, you have up to 48 hours to contact your opponent ON HIS VM WALL and mention your timezone and exactly what dates, what time ranges you are available, and where you will battle. Note that the default accepted sim and server is the official server on Showdown/Smogon Tournament Server. You must provide at least 3 different time ranges at least 48 hours from the timestamp of your message, with at least 2 that are 24-hours apart from each other. The minimum and maximum length for 1 time range is 30 minutes, and the minimum difference between the 3 required time ranges is 3 hours. If you give 3 time ranges that stick with this policy, you can give any additional time ranges at any time you please.

NOTE THAT THIS SCENARIO INVOLVES RESPONSE DYNAMICS; THERE IS SOMEONE WHO WILL CONTACT FIRST AND SOMEONE WHO RESPOND...THESE REQUIREMENTS ARE NOT FOR BOTH OF YOU TO ASSUME TO YOU CAN BE FIRST CONTACTS...WHOEVER CONTACTS FIRST IS THE FIRST, AND THE OTHER DEFAULTS TO THE RESPONDER. THIS SHOULD BE OBVIOUS BUT SOME OF YOU ARE DUMB.

Once your opponent has contacted you, you now have up until 72 hours after the week's thread has been posted (NOT after your opponent's message) to respond with times that are good for you. What this means is that if both of you spend the maximum time contacting and responding, you should have back and forth collaboration at a maximum of 72 hours after the round has been posted, with both parties given an additional 24 hours to prepare for the battle should it be scheduled as soon as required. If none of the opponent's proposed time ranges are good for you, you must respond with alternative time ranges.

The first opponent now has X hours to prepare for the battle (if the second opponent agreed to some time) or 24 hours to contact a TD if, for whatever reason, this second set of time ranges does not suit the first opponent. Note this should be an absolute last measure.

Once a time is agreed upon, please make a message on your opponent's VM wall between 10 minutes and 1 second before the agreed upon time and say you are ready to battle and then get to agreed upon location (regardless of whether or not your opponent sends you a response VM). Please protect yourself by making this message, as it makes decisions much easier. You will be required to wait for your opponent for the duration of the time range.

If neither of you contact each other before 48 hours after the thread has been posted, you're both opening yourself up to a potential no contest or substitution. If I look at the situation, I might just determine I'm going to no contest, or whatever based on however I'm feeling at that moment. Don't leave yourself and your team vulnerable to this.

Just because at anytime one of the responders does not respond within the given range does not give you automatic activity win credentials. If they don't contact at all on your VM wall up until 48 hours before the end of the round (note, I'm not going to take discord or sim messages as evidence due to how easily they can be doctored...so if you want to protect yourself, stick to the VM messages), then you obviously have activity win justification. You WILL contact your opponent in a timely manner. However, if they do contact you at all after the suggested response time and before 48 hours before the end of the round, you are required to respond before 24 hours before the end of the round with 2 1-hour time ranges at least 1 hour apart before the end of the round. The opponent, since he did not stick to the proposed response schedule, WILL BE REQUIRED TO PLAY AT ONE OF YOUR NEWLY SUGGESTED TIMES, so you have the advantage here. This obviously puts a bit of an emphasis on the last 48 hours of each round (as is standard operating procedure for most of our official team tournaments anyway), so I will try my best to keep the last 48 hours of the round as close to the majority of the weekend for as much of the world as I can.

If you follow all of these guidelines, you will a.) most likely get your match done with minimal issue or b.) protect yourself and your team from an undue no contest or activity decision. Yes, I hate activity decisions in official tournaments. Yes, I will do my best to prevent activity decisions in the playoffs (the qualifying round is fair game however and I will have no problem issuing an activity call here), but don't push your luck.

Here is an example of how following this would work:

Week 1 thread is posted June 7, 2013 at 12:00 AM. Its deadline is June 14, 2013 at 11:59PM. User A and User B are matched up. User A contacts User B on his VM wall on June 7, at 9:00 PM (47 hours after the thread was posted, so ok), and gives 4 time ranges: June 10, from 7:00-7:30 PM (22 hours after the timestamp of his message, which is only ok so long as at minimum 3 of the other proposed time ranges adhere to the requirements), June 11, from 9:00-9:30 PM (48 hours after the timestamp of his message, which is ok), June 12, from 6:00-6:30 PM (69 hours after timestamp of his message, so ok, but only 21 hours after the earliest time range that is 48 hours after the timestamp), and June 12, from 9:00-9:30 PM (72 hours after the timestamp, so ok, and 24 hours after a legal time range and 3 hours after another legal time range). The June 11 and both June 12 time ranges satisfy the requirements, so User A can propose his first June 10 time range as well. User B responds on June 10, at 8:00 PM (23 hours after User A contacted him, so ok), and picks June 11, at 9:00 PM to battle, which is ok because it is 24 hours after his own response.

You'll note I made most of my response ranges multiples of 24 hours, but also included 24 hours. This means I expect you to be able to check Smogon at least once a day. If that is not feasible, you put yourself at risk.

~ Aldaron

On Disconnecting and timing out drama
Ah, the big beefcake. I'm going to go ahead and put this out there: we reserve the right to judge any individual match on a case by case basis, regardless of assumed precedence set. If you don't like that, you are welcome to not play. Be aware of this.

That said, here is the main way we will probably handle DCs / timing out: If you lose a match because your timer hit 0, we will access the situation to determine if what took place was a true DC or a timeout. This is done by observing the state of the timer of the player that timed out. If it's above a certain threshold it'll be considered a DC, if it's below that threshold it'll be considered a timeout. If we determine that a DC happened the game will be recreated up to the point of disconnection. If we determine it to be a timeout, the player that timed out will receive a loss.

~ Luigi

Standard Tournament Rules

---

Wi-fi Wolfpack (8) vs Indie Scooters (4)

SM OU: Charmflash vs Lopunny Kicks
SM OU: Kickasser vs craing ;_;
SM UU: bugzinator vs robjr
SM RU: Welli0u vs Aeroblacktyl
SM NU: Eternally vs Realistic Waters
SM DOU: Human vs miltankmilk
ORAS OU: TDK vs Relous
BW OU: Sergi vs Ojama
DPP OU: DeepBlueC vs giara
ADV OU: UD vs dekzeh
GSC OU: Fear vs Century Express
RBY OU: The Idiot Ninja vs MetalGro$$

Cryonicles (3) vs Dragonspiral Tyrants (9)

SM OU: BHARATH_THEBEST vs Poek
SM OU: Leru vs Mana
SM UU: HT vs Christo
SM RU: Ajna vs aim
SM NU: elodin vs ict
SM DOU: SMB vs emforbes
ORAS OU: ABR vs blunder
BW OU: obii vs We Three Kings
DPP OU: Malekith vs GaryTheGengar
ADV OU: Veteran In Love vs Gilbert arenas
GSC OU: Arifeen vs sulcata
RBY OU: Alexander. vs Heroic Troller

Ever Grande BIGS (5) vs Alpha Ruiners (7)

SM OU: Sabella vs Empo
SM OU: Cdumas vs imsosorrylol
SM UU: Sage vs Pearl
SM RU: KW vs passion
SM NU: Kushalos vs LAX
SM DOU: Lunar. vs Croven
ORAS OU: xray vs Hiye
BW OU: FLCL vs Rewer
DPP OU: soulgazer vs Jimmy Turtwig
ADV OU: Golden Sun vs eden's embrace
GSC OU: choolio vs Lavos
RBY OU: Nails vs FriendOfMrGolem120

Team Raiders (8) vs Circus Maximus Tigers (4)

SM OU: bro fist vs Sacri'
SM OU: Talah vs Eternal Spirit
SM UU: Pak vs HarrisIsAwesome
SM RU: Kingler12345 vs Pohjis
SM NU: SPACE FORCE meeps vs Osh
SM DOU: Biosci vs MajorBowman
ORAS OU: Trosko vs Bro Kappa
BW OU: SoulWind vs dice
DPP OU: roscoe vs 6A9 Ace Matador
ADV OU: Jirachee vs zf
GSC OU: CasedVictory vs d0nut
RBY OU: Hipmonlee vs Kaz

Stark Sharks (8) vs Congregation of the Classiest (4)

SM OU: Tricking vs Finchinator
SM OU: Tamahome vs 1 True Lycan
SM UU: Lycans vs edi0n
SM RU: EviGaro vs Nat
SM NU: Teddeh vs Garay oak
SM DOU: fespy vs EmbCPT
ORAS OU: High Impulse vs baddummy
BW OU: Posho vs ZoroDark
DPP OU: ToF vs Void
ADV OU: Kevin Garrett vs thelinearcurve
GSC OU: Conflict vs Earthworm
RBY OU: Sceptross vs Bedschibaer

Deadline will be January 27th, 9:00 PM EST.

Last edited by a moderator:
SM OU: Charmflash vs Lopunny Kicks 45-55- Two 2-0 players for our first match, could be interesting. Charm has been doing a good job of taking a leg up on his opp from the teambuilder so far, whereas LK has been certainly closer to standard this SPL and in snake. I think Charm has a high playing ceiling but ultimately executes sloppily, whereas LK has definitely improved on his ability to close out games and play his odds to the end, so I favor him.
SM OU: Kickasser vs craing ;_; 48-52 - Right off the bat an SM game that I am definitely excited to see. Both players are very creative with their builds (though oftentimes Kick may be a little too wild for his own good). I also would rate their in-game strength at about the same level, but favor ben just barely because of his ability to never show up with a bad matchup. Somehow.
ORAS OU: TDK vs Relous 60-40 - Hard not to go with the huge favorite here. I don't really think TDK has looked fantastic this tour so far, but it'd be really hard not to expect him to be a favorite vs. a guy who only shows up to play a couple CG OU games every WCoP. Even though I'm not a big fan of how he has played, his teams have been good and he doesn't fuck around much in the teambuilder. I actually think Relous is a very skilled player in ORAS having witnessed him firsthand a few times, and this upset wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.
ADV OU: UD vs dekzeh 60-40 - Very excited to see the teams both will bring, UD has been playing better though whereas dek is still shaking off the rust I feel like. This is definitely my favorite ADV MU this week looking down the line.

Cryonicles vs Dragonspiral Tyrants

SM OU: BHARATH_THEBEST vs Poek 60-40 - Very shocking that one of these guys is going to have to end up being 0-3, but I think it'll be Poek. Neither has been doing well this tour, but I think BTB played his game vs Sacri' well, and has historically always impressed me a lot personally. One of Poek's games this tour was over from preview so there isn't much to go off of, but I just feel far better about BTB's chances to hang on.
SM OU: Leru vs Mana 45-55 - Jeez... Not really a game I'm looking too forward to. Leru has not been playing well at all so far and I'm not big on what Mana has been bringing. I think it's hard not to favor Mana as the better player for this one off of what I know between the two though.
SM RU: Ajna vs aim 55-45 - RU matchup to look forward to most for sure (bar maybe Nat/evi but I'm biased). Both played very well this week in my opinion, and I think aim's teams are better than people may have been expecting. Still hard not to run with Ajna, proves himself every single time theres a question.
SM DOU: SMB vs emforbes 50-50 - Fantastic doubles MU. Both are extremely high skill-cap players and I'm excited to see it. Emilio should have a little more burn to win a clean one here after W1/2.
ORAS OU: ABR vs blunder 40-60 - Blunder has been playing better and bringing far better teams. It felt to me like both the SM/BW teams from ABR were just matchup-fishing, which I'm not a big fan of and definitely don't think it is a good method in oras. I think this matchup could also be very boring despite the names we see here though, one of them is gonna stall. Don't be a let down please.
BW OU: obii vs We Three Kings 35-65 - I think W3K has been playing great games. I'm maybe even a little surprised. obii looked good this week in ORAS, but man that W1 BW game was not a great showing, and it's hard to expect a lot after only one good game in a different tier.
GSC OU: Arifeen vs sulcata 20-80 - I love Arifeen, but...

Ever Grande BIGS vs Alpha Ruiners

SM OU: Sabella vs Empo 40-60 - Empo has been playing to a high ceiling which is nice to see. Sabella had a nice game this week and I kind of like his teams. Very hard not to expect Empo to take it though, especially when he's also been getting past his tendency to reuse the same tried and true team formula in SM, which I think bogged him down for a while.
SM OU: Cdumas vs imsosorrylol 60-40 - Surprisingly bad showing for Cdumas thus far. Felt like G1 was choked away and G2 he just played worse than his opp. On the other hand is a more unsurprisingly bad showing with sorry, but I think last week was a big step up from that really bad W1 game. If sorry continues to take his time and bring better teams, he can take some games home for sure. I'm still high on Cdu and I think he will shake off whatever has been going on, his playing ceiling is far higher.
SM RU: KW vs passion - Go passion. Don't forget about mold breaker because I'm forever holding you to that OUPL game from 2017.
SM UN: Kushalos vs LAX 40-60 - If lax doesn't troll in the builder he should win this, definitely has the higher playing ceiling between the two. Kush looked good this week, not good last week. More mistake prone though, and lax is able to make work of opponents who give him small opportunities.
BW OU: FLCL vs Rewer 65-35 - I'm a big fan of how Rewer plays pokemon. Always looking to be aggressive and find early game opening plays. I think that's a style that fits BW perfectly as well. FLCL has been picking his teams nicely and straying away from using only rain and liepard, so big props there. Hard not to go with him given results, but I would love to see an upset.
GSC OU: choolio vs Lavos 30-70 - Put val back in and it's a 50/50.

Team Raiders vs Circus Maximus Tigers

SM OU: bro fist vs Sacri' 48-52 - This prediction is like Recency Bias: The Game. I don't think bro fist has been playing poorly at all, though I'm not a huge fan of the 2 teams I've seen. Sacri' is performing extremely well on the other hand and it'd be a crime to take the 0-2>2-0 here.
SM OU: Talah vs Eternal Spirit 25-75 - Gama is the best CG OU player of all time. Talah is okay but he's vs GAMA!!!
SM RU: Kingler12345 vs Pohjis 50-50 - What a weird matchup. Pohjis made the most uncharacteristic throw I have seen out of him last week, whereas Kingler won a game??? And he played it well??? Feel like this one is coming down to matchup anyway, as 75% of RU games do.
SM DOU: Biosci vs MajorBowman 45-55 - Last week's showing was the bowman we know and love. Bio played a nice game W1 and a less than nice game W2, but I won't hold it against him because I know his ceiling is up there with anyone. Bigger fan of bowman's teams too.
BW OU: SoulWind vs dice 45-55 - Dice played both of his games phenomenally. I don't even care about records here. I like dice's teams and play more so far.
DPP OU: roscoe vs 6A9 Ace Matador 75-25 - Jeez...

watashi

is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Champion
World Defender
Last week was a pivotal series for our team. We had some bad losses, but we never gave in. We listened to ShakeItUp's preachings about "every game is an individual event" and managed to focus our minds and prepare ourselves for victory. We had some very solid performances and managed to stave off an 0-2 start. I'm very proud of our efforts, especially since we have to carry our resident franchise BIG Finchinator and his dickass 0-2 self. Let's win again this week team. LET'S GET BIG!!!!

Wi-fi Wolfpack (7) vs Indie Scooters (5)

SM OU: Charmflash vs Lopunny Kicks | both these players r somehow 2-0...I guess I'll trust Lop Kicks more since he had a very solid Snake showing.
SM OU: Kickasser vs craing ;_; | ben gay demolished finch last week while Kickasser managed to take out one of the best players on the site. Nonetheless, ben gay is pretty good at getting matchup and I think he'll be able to cheese this one out.
SM UU: bugzinator vs robjr | bugzinator played really badly last week...pretty uncharacteristic from what I've seen of him. I'll back him for anotoher week against the red-hot robjr, who seems to be coming into his own as a very solid UU player.
SM RU: Welli0u vs Aeroblacktyl | If all you watched was SPL 10, you'd think welliou was a garbdicks loser and MoP was the greatest player to ever grace this site. While the differences in playing ability obviously aren't that stark, MoP has been on a roll this tour and seems to know exactly what he has to do to get the best matchups possible. As the captain of the MoP bandwagon, I'm definitely gonna trust him in this one...
SM UN: Eternally vs Realistic Waters | I'm not really sure if rozes is sabotaging Eternally or what, but both he and his teams have been less than impressive matchup-wise the past 2 weeks. Regardless, I still think he's a slightly better player than waters, who relies on his building, so gonna trust the bounce back here.
SM DOU: Human vs miltankmilk | Human had a dominant performance last week in what seemed like a matchup that was impossible to lose. Gonna bank on him again this week since I'm not overly impressed with the aids milk.
ORAS OU: TDK vs Relous | TDK orgot to bring a Roost Volcarona counter last week, but that happens to the best of us. I definitely think he's better than this trash German clown, and think he can def get to 2-1 here.
BW OU: Sergi vs Ojama | The Kingpin rolled over ZoroClick last week and is a prime position to get to 2-1 against this newcomer.
DPP OU: DeepBlueC vs giara | LOL BRO HES STILL IN DPP LMAO WHAT IS HAPPENING HERE
ADV OU: UD vs dekzeh | UD suffered a set back last week. However, via the #crustrule, gonna have to back him here since I have a decent amount of faith in his playing ability. It wouldn't shock me to see dekzeh return to his previous level of form and win this, though.
GSC OU: Fear vs Century Express | Fear keeps rolling with a combination of skill and luck. I think he's definitely a better player based on my limited exposure to Century Express.
RBY OU: The Idiot Ninja vs MetalGro$$ | Metal somehow demolished Beds last week while TIN got a donation against one the worst RBYer in the tour. These two split the series last SPL and I honestly think they're pretty similar in skill. Rolling with Metal's luck here.

Cryonicles (5) vs Dragonspiral Tyrants (7)

SM OU: BHARATH_THEBEST vs Poek | Both these players are shockingly 0-2. Poek especially has had some pretty bad games, and has managed to kill as many Pokemon as LL and Durza have this SPL. Based on peaks, though, Poek's a better player so gonna give him a small edge here.
SM OU: Leru vs Mana | Leru has been extremely unimpressive this tournament. After throwing the wincon in Week 1 and almost losing a ridiculously easy matchup last week, he doesn't seem to be in the greatest form. Mana, meanwhile, rebounded from a tough Week 1 Loss with some clutch plays to take the win against sorry. Gonna trust him here.
SM UU: HT vs Christo | Christo's a way better player from what I've seen. big edge here.
SM RU: Ajna vs aim | Well. Ajna should be 1-1 but Pohjis had a top 5 biggest choke in smogon history LMAO and Joey got a donation against one of the shittiest players in the tour. Very nice matchup here. I'll roll with Joey against most RUers but Ajna just seems to keep winning in this tier.
SM NU: elodin vs ict | This is a pretty close game. At his peak, I'd probably take leon but elodin's shown some flashes in this tier. Small edge here.
SM DOU: SMB vs emforbes | Emi is another player that should be 0-2, but haxed the fuck out of his opponent last week to save himself from misery. Nonetheless, I'll give him a small edge here since I'll trust his results from the larger sample size. He better watch out, though, or soon he'll inherit Bush's AMQ skills instead of just his trash talking.
ORAS OU: ABR vs blunder | Highlight match here oml. Two fire flames jerk members going at it. blunder could easily win this but it's hard to bold anyone's name against ABR. Hope blunder's internet is better this time compared to when these two faced off in SPL 7, though. Very miniscule edge.
BW OU: obii vs We Three Kings | GOATBI improved his dogshit meme record to 2-8 after helping his team clutch a tie last week. I think Moxie's a better player, though, from what I've seen, so favoring him here.
DPP OU: Malekith vs GaryTheGengar | Oh no, another crust game. Malekith somehow finessed a win against BK last week in a stall vs. stall matchup. At their peaks, I would take Malekith hands down and there's really no recent evidence that would make me back Gary over him here.
ADV OU: Veteran In Love vs Gilbert arenas | LOL bros WHYS THIS MAN STILL IN THE LINEUP LOOOOL VIL must have blackmailed the Cryos management or something, since for some reason, this clowns still starting. I'm still not convinced about marcop's newfound skill, but via one of the easiest #crustrules of the year, picking him here.
GSC OU: Arifeen vs sulcata | LMAO THE RUTL IS IN BROS OML HERE IS THE GOAT GSC GOD ARIFEEN! I've honestly seen nothing from sulcata to make me have any confidence in him...this man lost like 10 min into week 2 bro LMAO and I was never high on him in the first place. Regardless, there's a reason no one drafted Arifeen for GSC lol. However, with -Tsunami-'s help, Arifeen might be able to pull the upset here.
RBY OU: Alexander. vs Heroic Troller | Troller has a disappointing 0-2 record at this point. Things dont get any easier for him here, as he goes against the man who I feel is the best RBYer on the site right now.

Ever Grande BIGS (6) vs Alpha Ruiners (5)

SM OU: Sabella vs Empo | Sabella pulled out a solid win against Tamahome last week with the help of a very timely Hydro Pump miss. Empo, however, seems to be on a roll lately and since the playing skills of these individuals are probably pretty close, gonna favor him very slightly here.
SM OU: Cdumas vs imsosorrylol | sorry's timer actually showed up last week LOL this man thought for like 2 min combined that game v impressive. Meanwhile, Cdumas is having his worst tour on Smogon, as he has played uncharacteristically terrible the past 2 weeks. The bounce back has to come eventually, and this is a prime spot for him to get on the board.
SM UU: Sage vs Pearl | Sage has been relatively unlucky the past 2 weeks, and finds herself with an 0-2 record. Meanwhile, Pearl got on the board after a disappointing week 1. I'm favoring Pearl against pretty much everyone in the pool, so this one's simple.
SM RU: KW vs passion | OMG AS THE GOAT SHAKEITUP PREDICTED IN HIS POWER RANKINGS, PASSION FINALLY SEES THE FIELD VROS DICKASS REDEMPTION IS NO MORE OMG OMG OMG! Now that the Ruiners have finally joined the Redemption-is-an-aids-sack bandwagon, they can start to rack up wins in this slot. I have some decently high hopes for passion, and think he's a decent enough players to pick up wins against some of the people in this pool. KW has had a pretty tough start to the season, and I think this is a good spot for passion to pick up his first official team tournament win.
SM NU: Kushalos vs LAX | Lax the goat is on a roll right now. Kushalos is good and is very good at innovating techs for these games. However, LAx has just been too on fire to predict against in this tier.
SM DOU: Ezrael vs Croven | Not very confident on this one based on my lack of experience with the tier and its playerbase. I don't really have a read here since the skill level of these players seems pretty similar.
ORAS OU: xray vs Hiye | Hiye too Fiye has been pretty solid this year, but has also put up some bad performances, like the World Cup Finals and last week, for example. I think xray's a pretty solid ORAS player and am gonna give him a small edge in playing ability in this one.
BW OU: FLCL vs Rewer | Rewer? LOL bro I don't even remember the last time Rewer started an SPL game wtf. I've been on fire lately, knocking out the kingpin and fucking blasting Posho with ShakeItUp's trademarked DD Latios LMAO easy win
DPP OU: soulgazer vs Jimmy Turtwig | Jimmy's been pretty solid, but the Thinking Gen is a very volatile monster. soulgazer is always very consistent in SPL and I still trust him more than Jimmy as a player based on his overall consistency. Small edge here in the madhouse.
ADV OU: Golden Sun vs eden's embrace | GS got pretty lucky Week 1, but played pretty well vs. KG last week to take the win. I'm still not really impressed with eden's embrace and have absolutely no idea if he's good or not. So going with the crust here since he's put up results in this tour at least.
GSC OU: choolio vs Lavos | choolio's an above-average GSCer, but Lavos will be favored vs. pretty much everyone. Should be a fun one, though.
RBY OU: Nails vs FriendOfMrGolem120 | In all honesty, I've been impressed with Nails this tour. FOMG has had some impressive results too, but definitely has gotten a bit luckier. Either player has the capability to take this, but I'm gonna give a small edge to Nails.

Team Raiders (8) vs Circus Maximus Tigers (4)

SM OU: bro fist vs Sacri' | The Punisher of Plays is somehow 0-2 in SPL...he has to win eventually. John's way too good of a player to be 0-3, and i think this will be his first step towards ending the tour with a good record.
SM OU: Talah vs Eternal Spirit | Gama meanwhile somehow ALWAYS wins. Talah is still unproven, so have to give a big edge to Gama here.
SM UU: Pak vs HarrisIsAwesome | Pak is another player who keeps winning. Harris is still unproven in team tours, and Pak is really showing that he's the real deal.
SM RU: Kingler12345 vs Pohjis | The loaf won on the back of a banned mon last week. Pohjis meanwhile had one of the worst chokes I've ever seen LMFAO this guy went full aga + daft + 2018 yousucke LOOOOOOL absolute garbdicks. I still think he was very overrated coming into this tour based on his irrelevant tour success, and was probably about 9k overpriced. Nonetheless, I think he's a better player than Kingler, so giving him the edge here.
SM NU: SPACE FORCE meeps vs Osh | Meeps also keeps winning. He's showing no real signs of rust and Osh is still unproven in the team tour scene. easy pick here.
SM DOU: Biosci vs MajorBowman | This should be another really good game. Biosci seems to be slightly better from what I've seen, though.
ORAS OU: Trosko vs reiku | Trosko looks like a solid steal in this draft. Meanwhile, reiku looks like a complete shell of his former self, and seems to have acquired crust syndrome. Very unfortunate, since this game had high potential.
BW OU: SoulWind vs dice | both of these players are very solid. should be a really nice game but gonna give soulwind a very small edge.
DPP OU: roscoe vs 6A9 Ace Matador | LOL this mans still starting too bro wtf its 2019. roscoe been on a tear and with the #crustrule in place as well, this is a wrap
ADV OU: Jirachee vs zf | Phil picked up a solid win vs. UD last week, but he faces off against another very solid ADVer this week in zf. I think zf is the better player so.
GSC OU: CasedVictory vs d0nut | Case has had a very rough start to this SPL. d0nut is a decent GSCer, but I'll still back Case here since I still have some faith in his abilities.
RBY OU: Hipmonlee vs Kaz | ..... LMFAO ARE U SERIOUS WHY IS HE STILL IN THE LINEUP LOOOOOOOL THIS MAN USED SELF-DESTRUCT GOLEM, DIDN'T KNOW CLAMP WENT THRU SUB, AND DROPPED SNORLAX TWO TIMES COME ON BROS WHAT R U DOING. The topic better be 0-1 already roscoe jesus

Stark Sharks (6) vs Congregation of the Classiest (6)

SM OU: Tricking vs Finchinator | Finch has been dicks this SPL, while Clicking is somehow 2-0. We all know what happened when these two faced off in a previous SPL, as the Mawile / Heatran fiasco lives on in our hearts. I think Tricking just has Finch's number with his clicky playstyle, honestly.
SM OU: Tamahome vs 1 True Lycan | 29k SM OU Superstar Tamahome is 0-2...makes you wonder whether spending 29k on an old gen main was worth it, huh? Nonetheless, I have faith in his playing abilities and will give him an edge here vs. the upstart.
SM UU: Lycans vs edi0n | edi0n has been very unimpressive this tour, and has done nothing to convince me he should be an SPL starter. Lycans is a solid player and should have an easy time in this one.
SM RU: EviGaro vs Nat | EviGaro has had a hot start to the tour, but her wins come against the struggling KW and the absolute dogshit RedEmption. Nat should pose a much tougher challenge, and I'll give her the edge in this one based on overall consistency.
SM UN: Teddeh vs Garay oak | Speaking of people who have been very unimpressive, Garay Oak has played like an autistic aids monkey LMAO jesus christ he's been bad. Teddeh's very consistent and this should be a free win for him, honestly.
SM DOU: fespy vs EmbCPT | Edu is on a roll right now and his opponent's performances haven't really inspired much confidence in me.
ORAS OU: High Impulse vs baddummy | IS THAT MY BOY AMIR LMAO HELLO WHYS AMIR IN SPL LOOOOL WTF baddummy has had some questionable performances, including a loss to diogo in oras...very bad looks. Amir has been known to be a proficient ORAS player, so I'll trust him here, although I could very well get burned by not following the crust rule.
BW OU: Posho vs ZoroDark | ZoroClick took a loss last week after a solid win vs. SoulWind. Posho has just been very hard to trust in team tours lately, and outside of a win vs luigi of all people, he hasn't really been impressive. Very small edge for Zoro.
DPP OU: ToF vs Void | ToF is crust, while Void seems to be back on track for yet another impressive SPL thinking gen performance. I think he's definitely a better player in 2019.
ADV OU: Kevin Garrett vs thelinearcurve | KG got finessed by GS last week, but is still a solid player. However, linear is the best player in this pool and has been pretty solid this tour.
GSC OU: Conflict vs Earthworm | Call it an upset if you want, but I've been on the Conflict bandwagon for a while. This game's virtually a tossup, but I'll take the Sharks franchise in this one
RBY OU: Sceptross vs Bedschibaer | Somehow, Crustmonlee didn't bring the whackest RBY team of the year...that honor goes to our friend Sceptross, who somehow decided to DROP TAUROS, BRING RBY STALL, AND THEN CHOKE A WIN....yeah idk what to say LMAO beds is better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)