Smogon Premier League XI - Week 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
absolutely no clue what happened to my brain in that game vs empo. gg buddy, sorry scoots and all the other teams that want us to win this week... i believe in the rest of my lovely teammates though (:

thank you scoots for taking me in at mids. i had a blast teaming with all of you.

prior to this spl i didn't really take actually playing mons too seriously, but even with a 1-3 record i am really motivated to improve from here on out. i'll be quieter in stours though. see you all in wcop (probably).

GGs Bigs and good luck to the teams that qualified for playoffs. We lost too many games early on in the season and only have ourselves to blame in the end. No excuses.

It was my privilege to manage the Wolfpack once more and I'm sorry for sabotaging us the way I did by retaining Charmflash. You were a delightful group otherwise and I can only compliment you all on making it such a close race until the end despite our horrific start to the season.

Sorry for not getting you to playoffs, Kev. You deserved better. And lastly, fuck you Charmflash.

So our season ends.

1-3 for me which is, obviously, not a good record. But honestly, given the (extremely high) quality of my opponents- last year's best ADV record, the current ADV Championship champ, the most recent ADV Cup finalist and arguably the greatest competitive player of all time in that order- and the fact that I felt like all four games were fairly close and winnable, I don't feel awful about it. I'm not quite as good as those guys, but I felt I held my own and had my chances. It makes me optimistic for the future. All four games will be on my YT channel if anyone wants to check them out.

I want to thank Stone Cold and Void for drafting me and Eden for recommending me. I'm genuinely very appreciative of you guys. I really enjoyed being part of this, despite the chaos. Ezrael, Mannat and Bushtush in particular were really good, supportive, ego-free teammates that contributed a lot. Thanks for that.

I also want to say, while I don't want to get too deep into old drama, I think some of the criticism toward the Bigs drafters/management was too harsh. In my eyes they had one of the strongest drafts in the tour. With the base team we had (one of the best Doubles in Ezrael, one of the best RBYs in Nails, solid and talented guys like Sabella and Ima) if you were to take that foundation and add a cooperative Ojama, TDK and a giving a shit Fakes that team would be as good as any other in the tour. If he applies next year Stone Cold absolutely deserves to manage again.

I also really appreciate that, despite all the things going wrong (losing both Ojama and TDK, making two trades for talented proven players that didn't pan out, starting 0-2 as a team) the team environment as a whole, believe it or not, was drama free and in fact quite enjoyable. This was a really good group who made the best of a bad situation and the fact that we rattled off a few wins in a row and put ourselves in the mix, even though we didn't quite get there in the end, was really satisfying. I think even with the plethora of unfortunate things that happened we were better than the 9th place team in the tour, which is where the power rankings had us.

Thanks again to my managers and teammates and I hope to be involved with SPL in some capacity (MANAGER, Sub, Starter) next year. :)

Last edited:
Sorry for the shit draft Pack, thanks for the late season effort and thanks to the scooters for trying on our behalf as well. A lot of you did well but special shoutout to BKC for the divine performance in SPL as usual, both in your own games and in helping others.

Go Tyrants

I feel the necessity to say a few things about this tour and my performance overall

I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry sharks, this was definitely not what I expected before this tour.
You guys deserved a lot more than this record in the DOU slot, I really can't express how disappointed I am with myself after this, but even then, I can only learn from this experience which was without any doubt awesome. Being a starter is a lot harder than I thought, I know I could've done better, but at this point I just try not to have any regrets.

Thanks M Dragon & Analytic for picking me up and trusting me, you two are great managers with a lot of experience, even though you guys seem to not know too much about DOU, I have to also thank Genesis7 for recommending me before the draft to be in the team, I had a blast playing test games with you too. As for the rest, obviously it was a pleasure teaming with few of the best players on this site, I learned a lot from this and I hope you guys had a good experience too.

MrGX was a cool season teaming with you, thanks a rabbit for helping me with the prep during the last two weeks too! and also the ppl who joined our chat, ViL and Fear.

Good luck to all teams in playoffs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)