Smogon Simple Questions & Suggestions Thread

Aqua Jet

Boba Bitch
is a Contributor to Smogonis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Usage of each Pokemon is quite straightforward, but I'm not sure exactly what raw and real usage stats, and their respective percentages, indicate.

For example for the Gen 8 Pure Hackmons usage stats, how should the staggering difference between Eternamax's raw and real percentages be interpreted?
Referencing this post, Raw data is unweighted and Real data is how much Pokémon is actually used in a battle. While I do not play PH, I'd assume other Eternamax on the team have already won.

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
Typically, it's because of the utility they tend to provide over other coverage moves. For example, Ash-Greninja can use Spikes in its Choice Specs set in order to pressure defensive Pokémon such as Toxapex and Tapu Fini, so the next time they come in, they're more pressured to check it when it actually does attack due to taking that extra damage. Similarly, something like Choice Band Entei can use Toxic to pressure stuff like bulky Waters so they're on a timer every time they want to switch into its STAB. Both of these Pokémon tend to force switches, so the drawback of being locked into a non-attacking move is lessened as a result.

Aqua Jet

Boba Bitch
is a Contributor to Smogonis a Community Contributor Alumnus
How do suspect tests work? Who can participate? If the answer to the later is everyone, how can I join one suspect test?
Once the suspect test begins, you can join a suspect test by putting a given prefix in front of your name and laddering to achieve reqs stated in the OP. For example, for the recent RU Mienshao Suspect, the minimum amount of games needed varies based on your GXE. The number of games needed can be found by clicking the "minimum games needed" tag on the post. You can check when suspects are going on by doing the command "/suspects" on the simulator.

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
How should I report a conversation? I've been sent something I think could be a scam and would like someone to see.
I'd message a super mod (one of the staff on the "Staff Online" page on the forum homepage) about it. You will also need to add the super mod to that conversation so they can see it. I can help you out now if your around and message me.

pulsar512b

ss ou fangirl
is a Pre-Contributor
What exactly makes Gallade outclassed by other fighting types in higher tiers?
it's attack, while good, is not like absurd or anything (urshifu is stronger for instance), and while it's coverage is good, its abilities and bulk are nothing special. It's speed, however, absolutely ruins it. Basically all the fighting types (even the not so good ones) in OU are just faster, stronger, and/or bulkier, and often have better abilities.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 3, Guests: 6)