Smogon Simple Questions & Suggestions Thread

Tested this on phone. You need 5 forum posts or something to like posts and you need to turn horizontally on your device thats not Computer design to Reply/all the things you said above. Try it out.
When I logged off and reconnected later, it finally showed me the like button, with only the two posts in this thread.

It still doesn't show me extra reactions other than Like though.

Where are peoples' signatures supposed to show up? Normally for forums they're at the bottom of each post, but I don't see anyone else's nor my own.

If you are on phone, press and hold the "Like" text which you see at the bottom right of any post. You should see Like, Love, Haha, Wow, Sad and Angry. If you are on PC, simply hover your cursor over "Like". That will do the same thing.
Yeah I stumbled upon that yesterday but didn't update.

Sole Survivor

Sepia-toned memories
is a Pre-Contributor
Where are peoples' signatures supposed to show up? Normally for forums they're at the bottom of each post, but I don't see anyone else's nor my own.
I've had this issue happen with me on phone even when I had the setting which Kalalokki mentioned on so I assume you're on phone too. Normally, a user's signature is supposed to be located at the bottom of their post as shown:

I would like to see filters in the pokemon list in the teambuilder for DOU and DUbers at a minimum. Currently I can type "OU" and all the OU pokemon show up, but theres nothing for us doubles guys.

Also it would be cool to add an advanced filter on the same search function so we could do things like set thresholds and limits. For example, show me all pokemon above both 100 speed and 100 attack only

I agree with Coneydub that the teambuilder still has room for a lot of improvements.

For example, as far as I can tell, there is no way to isolate tiers---you get the highest tier you're building for, and everything below it. I can't see just ADV UUBL mons if I wanted to, the filter doesn't support that---nor for LC or NFE, for that matter.

(And on that topic but slightly off-topic, Showdown doesn't even have Gen3Doubles as a listed format, despite it originating there, having it available for DPP, and supporting Gen31v1 even.)

ironwater

⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
I would like to see filters in the pokemon list in the teambuilder for DOU and DUbers at a minimum. Currently I can type "OU" and all the OU pokemon show up, but theres nothing for us doubles guys.

Also it would be cool to add an advanced filter on the same search function so we could do things like set thresholds and limits. For example, show me all pokemon above both 100 speed and 100 attack only
Hey coneydub,

For your first question, you can select DOU or DUbers as the tier you are building in and the teambuilder will show the list of DUbers, DOU, DUU... Pokemon.
1633819151844.png

For advanced filters, you can't do that directly in the teambuilder (if I'm not mistaken), but you can use commands to do so. This is the command for the example you gave:

command search pokemon.PNG

Some unidentified mod deleted three fairly long effortposts I made (which I also received numerous likes for already, now gone) in the Suggestions forums without warning, despite such not being stated as against the rules here:

https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/about-this-forum-read-before-posting.3650597/

I'm not going to complain about having my posts deleted, but I would absolutely like all that text I took the time to write back so I can at least post it elsewhere.

Who should I try to get into contact with to provide me the copies of my posts?

And again, as far as I could see the posted rules didn't forbid detailed responses to those threads.

Attachments

Last edited:

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
Some unidentified mod deleted three fairly long effortposts I made (which I also received numerous likes for already, now gone) in the Suggestions forums without warning, despite such not being stated as against the rules here:

https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/about-this-forum-read-before-posting.3650597/

I'm not going to complain about having my posts deleted, but I would absolutely like all that text I took the time to write back so I can at least post it elsewhere.

Who should I try to get into contact with to provide me the copies of my posts?

And again, as far as I could see the posted rules didn't forbid detailed responses to those threads.
Generally posts in that forum are deleted if its just repeating previously posted information or otherwise adding nothing to the thread.

I went ahead and reviewed what happened and undeleted two of those posts (background music, FFA ladder), and left the final one deleted. Feel free to reach out to a moderator of the forum if you have any issues in the future!

ironwater

⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
Apologies if this is a dim question, but is there a sort of calculator for how to increase one's GXE?
If you wanna go into the numbers to understand how GXE works, you can check this: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threa...layers-overall-rating-than-shoddys-cre.51169/

Now, from an empirical point of vu, you can note that your GXE will increase after winning a game and decrease after losing one, but the increase or decrease depends on the opponent GXE. Thus, the higher your opponent GXE is, the more your GXE will increase after a win and the less it will decrease after a loss. It also depends on the number of games you have played. If you already did a huge number of games, your GXE will increase or decrease very slowly while when you start playing on an account its variations are relatively important after each game.

In my opinion, there's no point in trying to calculate how to increase your GXE as you don't choose the opponents you will face and the only way to increase it is winning your ladder games.

Is there anyway I can change my avatar?
If you are talking about your Smogon profile picture, you need to click on your name in the top right corner of the screen, then go into the "Account details" section and you can change it here:

1634023934346.png

Hey coneydub,

For your first question, you can select DOU or DUbers as the tier you are building in and the teambuilder will show the list of DUbers, DOU, DUU... Pokemon.
View attachment 376782

For advanced filters, you can't do that directly in the teambuilder (if I'm not mistaken), but you can use commands to do so. This is the command for the example you gave:

View attachment 376781

Thanks, I already knew about selecting in the team select, but you can type "OU" in the teambuilder filter and only display OU, but the "tier" tag doesnt exist for doubles categories like DOU, DUbers etc
pokemonshowdown_uDYVMglwS4.png
pokemonshowdown_i431NeLQ7C.png

As for /ds, I actually learned about that command the day I made this suggestion, but I didn't know its usage yet so thank you.

Kalalokki

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Sprite Leader

Gangsta Spongebob

"Mama I'm a Criminal" - Badass Smoking Caterpillar
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
If you wanna go into the numbers to understand how GXE works, you can check this: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threa...layers-overall-rating-than-shoddys-cre.51169/

Now, from an empirical point of vu, you can note that your GXE will increase after winning a game and decrease after losing one, but the increase or decrease depends on the opponent GXE. Thus, the higher your opponent GXE is, the more your GXE will increase after a win and the less it will decrease after a loss. It also depends on the number of games you have played. If you already did a huge number of games, your GXE will increase or decrease very slowly while when you start playin g on an account its variations are relatively important after each game.

In my opinion, there's no point in trying to calculate how to increase your GXE as you don't choose the opponents you will face and the only way to increase it is winning your ladder games.

If you are talking about your Smogon profile picture, you need to click on your name in the top right corner of the screen, then go into the "Account details" section and you can change it here:

View attachment 377148
I see, thank you!

I know you can find "Checks & Counters" stats regarding switching out or not. But is there somewhere you can find stats for what switches in? Like I'm assuming for Urshifu-Rapid-Strike, Toxapex is the #1 Switch-in. But, I'd like to see stats for the rest so you can use them for teambuilding. Thank you!

ironwater

⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡
PS Admin
I know you can find "Checks & Counters" stats regarding switching out or not. But is there somewhere you can find stats for what switches in? Like I'm assuming for Urshifu-Rapid-Strike, Toxapex is the #1 Switch-in. But, I'd like to see stats for the rest so you can use them for teambuilding. Thank you!
Hello,

This is not exactly an answer to your question as I don't know if such stats exist. However, if you want to find good switch-ins/checks to a given Pokemon there are two tools that may help you.

The first one, is the Smogdex analysis where you can find at the end of each analysis a Checks and Counters section (the analysis needs to be uploaded though, which is not yet the case for every Pokemon in gen8 tiers).

The second tool is some threads you can find in several tier's subforums named "Victim Of The Week". In these threads, the community tries to find the best checks and counters for a given Pokemon each week. It's of course not exhaustive (and probably doesn't exist for all tiers, but there's one for OU as you were giving an exemple in OU). You can find interesting (and sometimes creative) answers that may help you.

I let someone that knows better than me how the usage stats are collected answer to the question about switch-ins data.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)