UU: CBU vs Sabella
- very glad sabella got his first dub last week, mentioned before that hes been grinding it out (at least i think i did anyway) and the hard work has finally paid off. cbu hasn't really been doing bad or anything but i get the feeling booty's more passionate about this and is more willing to experiment with stuff.
vs Charmflash - after a p meh start charm has started to step it up, that team last week was pretty neat. i'm not actually sure if someone has ever used eerie impulse in a tournament game before. however ajna is totally in form rn and has been grabbing wins like he did in sm. ajna is also very big on the prep department and he always kinda finds ways to fuck with the meta just a bit, silvally ground is a mon that hasn't really been seen since like april or something so its pretty nice to see it make a comeback in a sense.
vs Ho3nConfirm3d - similarly to charm ho3n has started to find his groove, his teams are still a little bit weird to me but they nab wins so can't complain. bugzi brought some nasty shit last week though, the type of team that makes you wanna forfeit 6-4 cause youre already getting tired of playing. the experience tilts the scale here and im not sure if ho3n's creativity will be enough as of now. if he does pull it off however i'll def have more faith in him.
PU: Vulpix03 vs Ktütverde
- ktut has been very solid all around and despite being subbed the first two weeks he's definitely proven his standing as one of the top puers. vulpix has been impressive in his department winning a tight game vs false and has brought some nice teams. i can't really see ktut stopping now tho so gotta pick him.
vs Lilburr - askov has played very nicely, stopping accel's momentum in week 4 and losing in a close one (i think) vs adaam last week. hasn't really made any damning mistakes. lilburr hasn't really been bad either but i get the feeling she's slowed down a lot, despite being one of the more tryhard players from my understanding. sometimes aspects of her teams are a miss too, though i trust her building a bit more than askov, or viv im not sure whos building there. uu is a very like even-ish tier to me though that rewards playing way more than building as opposed to other lower tiers where the right thing can just kinda run through teams, so favoring askov.
RU: Mazinger vs snaga
- this is assuming snaga is motivated enough and doesn't sub himself out sunday afternoon after the week is decided. mazinger has played a nice game last week in a p rough mu and showed that he's just as good now as he was back in 2015-16 ru in spl. i still remember waking up at like 8 am on a sunday in spl 6 to play him and getting absolutely owned. with that being said i'm still a bit biased towards snaga rn and if he cares enough he can def take this comfortably.
NU: Jrdn vs Sjneider
- apparently neider choked last week according to some but im not really sure how, gonna have to watch the game again a bit more closely this time :v. however i am a big neider stan and while i really have faith that jrdn can be an amazing player he just doesnt seem to be finding his groove rn.
e: i have been shown the mistake neider made last week. yeah that was uh a bit unfortunate but i still believe in him!!!
vs Xiri - bro what a plot. obii has been killing it this tour, with his streak ending last week due to some untimely rng (though i'd like to believe tlenit was favored there anyway). he's been on a major roll and xiri has slowed down a bit despite not really doing anything poorly. could go either way but i gotta go with the don.
UU: hs vs SoulWind
- man imagine if gb was here lmao. that would be a sight to see. hs has not had a great start, though i wanna say luck wasn't favoring him last week? not really sure. sw has just been killing it tho and i dont really believe he'll stop here
RU: odr vs atomicllamas
- ugh another rurk mu. i love it but i hate it ugh!!! even though i truly believe odr is great things just haven't been working out for him. i don't believe he'll end this tour poorly but the pepe connosieur (i can't be bothered to spell that right rn) has been doing very nicely. last week he lost against ajna but it was quite a close game i think. he seems more comfortable in this meta and he's grown a lot as a player this tournament.
vs elodin - if you asked me what i thought about kush at the beginning of the tour, i'd say i had no real faith that he'd really give a shit. i didn't think he'd show up, both literally and figuratively. before this i'm not really sure when the last time he's truly cared is,,,but holy shit he's been really amazing this tour. like truly i have chugged down the kool-aid now. that game last week was immaculate. definitely my favorite player to watch right now and even though i still rate elodin highly i gotta root for kush.
PU: Hamhamhamhamham vs Kink
- oh man. hell fucking yes. this game is truly a meeting of the minds and i am very excited for this. watching king uu games is an adrenaline rush in its own right, and it has been that way since as long as i've known him, and i've known him literally longer i've known anyone else who is still on this site i think. i remember when i was in a skype call with him in 2014 talking about the xy uu vr for some reason and he was telling me how to say niche and i felt so awkward and almost scared. i don't wanna say he is tilt prone, he just like, does things. he's known for having his own approach to the game, as many know his take on sr in bw uu. it is truly a mind expanding experience to watch him. ham on the other hand is still someone i like watching a lot and i totally think he can take this, and if kink makes a mistake he will pounce on it. but god i have to root for kink. yeah it's biased but come on now.
UU: Ramolost vs Adaam
- the dialogue in this game will be a sight to see for sure, so this game will be exciting for certain. adaam has gotten back on track and i always have more faith in him than others. ramolost certainly isn't bad, and in their last meeting in uuwc ramolost had won against adaam. that being said adaam seems more in form right now.
vs Expulso - one of the lower tier goats is back where he once farmed a few years ago. despite not having experience in the tier i trust him a lot more than expulso rn. expulso has had kind of a weird past few weeks. he brought a probably not great team vs charmflash, and then last week a game which i think he was favored in got flipped around. i know he's a very hard worker and will put in the effort for this but idk something's missing there rn so i'm not totally sure how this will pan out for him, but i will be very happy for expulso to get in the zone.
- odin has been pretty nice in his games but he didn't show up last week so i don't really have a good frame of reference for him rn. joey has had a weird season, but he brought it all the way back last week in a game where most (including myself probably) thought was not favorable for him. could go either way but joey always has a solid mind for making a gameplan. if he brings a good team he'll take this one.
PU: pokemonisfun vs tlenit
- lol this game will definitely be good to watch. both brought some fat last week, though one panned out while the other didn't. in fairness to pif we totally brought a stall cteam, you can't really do much against sd pinsir + hw with stall. he played prob as well as he could and has the mind to definitely take this. but as i mentioned before i'm a major fan of tlenit and trust him juuuust a bit more rn.