Smogon Snake Draft Manager Signups

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prepare for trouble!
And make it double!
To protect Smogon from devastation!
To unite all players within our tiers!
To denounce the evils of truth and love!
To extend our reach to the stars above!
Emi!
Trash!
Team Rocket blasts off at the speed of light!
Surrender now, or prepare to fight!

Pablo!
That's right!

Welli0u

is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
World Defender
Me and Welli0u would like to manage a team together! Here's our accomplishments as of now :
- We both reached the POs of Stour ( Quarters And Semis, respectively).
- Well reached POs of GSlam, ended up in the first round whereas i reached POs of OLT, first round exit as well.
- We both participated in a bunch of teamtours as well, with decent showings.
- Also have managing experience in minor tours (OUPL), and in the french community as well.

Edit : We'd like to take the nagas, btw.
yes monsieur

Jirachee

phoenix reborn
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Jayde and I humbly request a franchise in this community-beloved tournament.

However there is a catch. If we are choosen to lead a team in this tournament, our team chat will be very unconventional.

The truth is, there is only going to be one user in our team chat. That account will be accessible by all members of our team. That way, everyone will be able to access the chat.

Our reason for doing this? Anonymity. I have been part of Smogon team tournaments for over 7 years now and have competed in over 15 iterations of them. One thing I have noticed, time and time again, is that there are some players who are not taken seriously by their teammates. In spite of this, their valuable output would still make a positive impact on the team's weekly preparation. I have also observed many cases of infighting, rivalries, and other behaviors you'd associate with young men in a competitive setting. These events have never led to anything good, from my experience.

For that reason, we're looking to create a new style of team environment. We have elected to sacrifice an aspect of the tournament that's been taken for granted to see just how far it can lead us. Our goal is to win and an analytics based approach is the key to success. I guess you could call us the Houston Rockets of Pokémon.

I confirm.

Anonymity.
Humility.
Equality.

These are the principles I have always lived by, and the very same I now carry forth toward the worthy frontier of Smogon Snake Draft. A man only goes as far as his values take him, and I have little doubt that mine will do my Smogon Snake Draft family proud. Only by transcending our frivolous personal desires can we realize our potential absolutely.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)