This thread is the hub for information on the biweekly Smogon VGC live tournaments! These tournaments are held every other Saturday at 4PM EDT (GMT-4), on Pokemon Showdown! In addition, all participants get a free Pokemon, usually a legendary, for free to use on cartridge for live VGC events. These tournaments are Swiss tournaments, where Swiss is best of 3 and top cut is best of 3.
View the bracket and sign up for the tournament here, which begins at 4 PM EDT (GMT-4) on Saturday.
You will need to check in before the tournament begins, and the check-in will be available from one hour before the tournament starts until it starts. Also, about the in game name, it comes as a default on Battlefy when you make ORAS tournaments, just fill in your Pokemon Showdown name there instead.
- The tournament will be hosted in the room Tohjo Falls, and you must be there in order to participate
- For the purpose of having the tournament run on time, strategies such as Minimize are STRONGLY discouraged. Please keep this tournament fun and fast; these strategies are neither. If time is called and you are using such a strategy, you will likely take the loss.
- Each round will last a maximum of 20 minutes. If the match is not completed within the timeframe, it will most likely allowed to be completed, but if there are conditions that make finishing the game not an option, the host decides who gets the win.
- If there is a disconnection, it will be up to the host to decide who wins or who loses.
- Since this is a non-weighted practice tournament, you may change your team between rounds but not during a best of three series. However, it might be better practice for you not to do so.
Nature: Modest - Ability: Telepathy
EVs: 0 - IVs: 31/25/31/31/31/0
This Dialga was given to me by kamikaze17 , who recieved it from ΩDonut. This is one of very few Telepathy Dialga's that pass the hack checks at Regionals, and as an added bonus it also has HP Ice. This week you will recieve it through manual trades due to its Wish Ribbon.
So even if you're not confident in your skills or your team, remember that this is just for practice and that you're getting a free Pokemon. Stop by Tohjo Falls this weekend to show your support for VGC on Smogon! I hope to see you then!
HOW TO RECEIVE YOUR POKEMON (SCIZOR IS USED AS AN EXAMPLE): WE ARE DOING MANUAL TRADES FOR DIALGA
- Note: Scizor will be distributed a while after the tournaments start, around round 2 or 3.
- Step 1: Catch a Cacnea
- Step 2: Offer the Cacnea for a Scizor on the GTS. If you haven't registered Scizor in your Pokedex yet, you can type its name in at the bottom.
- Step 3: Enter your username that you entered the tournament with in the message box, or simply put #smogonvgc. If you don't do this, you'll be ignored!
- Step 4: Refresh the GTS to receive your Scizor. Enjoy!
First off, yes, this is actually happening now. We will have leaderboards to see who performs well over the season, and the ones high up will get rewards, which I won't say the details of, but it might possibly include small irl gifts.
The point system is the following: 3 points to the winner, 2 points to second place, and 1 point for third place, which is whoever of the two semifinal losers that played the winner.