Smogon's Forum Invitational - Round Two

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, some of the smogon players are GameFaqs, some of the players are TeamUber, some of the players are from CAL. Just because we have accounts on this site doesn't mean that we are Smogon. Get off our jocks bro.

@PO, lol if you guys really think Eternal is PO. GTFO
That was not my point, it's obvious that Eternal and M Dragon main other sites and not PO, but they're still welcomed in our community and hold positions over there - same as you had. I hope this is not out of spite, because I both mentioned your case and supported you on the spot when you told me. (let's not discuss this here)

My point was that it's stupid to jump up like a fool and deny the title smogon-c just because it can be done against a PO poster but biting your tongue and playing smart when it's a smogon bigshot using it. If anything else, all it shows is lack of sportsmanship and lack of balls. It's just a joke, not an accusation of any sort, and it means nothing, since most competitive battlers have smogon accounts anyway.

I really don't see why threads that involve PO on smogon always have to turn out this way.

Yeah, sorry for taking the subject off the tour.

B-Lulz

Now Rusty and Old
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yeah, I totally agree. Talking shit about PO is totally not acting like "hooligans."
Since when have any of us talked shit about PO? I think the fact that you are 3-2 shows that you are more than worthy opponents here, the only issue I have is random people coming out of nowhere and acting like 1 win means that all of a sudden they are going to win.

EDIT: Loven just ruined my post lol

Zephyr

Life Stream
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Actually, some of the smogon players are GameFaqs, some of the players are TeamUber, some of the players are from CAL. Just because we have accounts on this site doesn't mean that we are Smogon. Get off our jocks bro.
I think that's pretty much the highlight post in the last 3-4 pages of bullshit.

the only issue I have is random people coming out of nowhere and acting like 1 win means that all of a sudden they are going to win.
Well that's just random people coming out of nowhere and acting like 1 win means all of a sudden that the team they're supporting is going to win.

Basically, they're people that aren't even involved in this tournament (but probably a member of the forum they're representing) just supporting. I don't see any problems with that.

But being a person that's supporting PO, I am very dissatisfied with A LOT of posts coming from a lot of PO members and people I actually never even heard of. And these posts are just making my team and the PO community look bad.

So on behalf of Pokemon Online, I'd like to apologize for anything our members may have caused. Hopefully PO members don't take this competition too seriously. The main purpose we joined was for fun, heck I was debating whether to take off Pokemon Online from this tournament.

This isn't life or death guys... it's more.

No seriously, why are we tossing petty attacks at each other? It's all just a game anyway, and none of us are getting paid to play it (as far as I know).

But really, what's with GameFAQs and the San Jose Sharks symbol?

Yeah, I totally agree. Talking shit about PO is totally not acting like "hooligans."
whos talked smack? Nobody from FAQs said anything until you guys won one game and at least 5-10 PO posters came in here posting nonsense... Plus you guys are talking smack that we are using smogon people, Eternal/M Dragon really started on PO and werent apart of any other forums....

kokoloko

what matters is our plan!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
If FAQs wasn't talking shit about us, then what we were doing was in no way "posting nonsense" but seriously look at all of Loven's posts and you'll see what I mean.

Also, side note, I didn't say anything about other sites using Smogon players... that was started by Jabba if you look further back in the thread. "Lets leave it to Smogon-b" or something like that.

If FAQs wasn't talking shit about us, then what we were doing was in no way "posting nonsense" but seriously look at all of Loven's posts and you'll see what I mean.

Also, side note, I didn't say anything about other sites using Smogon players... that was started by Jabba if you look further back in the thread. "Lets leave it to Smogon-b" or something like that.
He literally only started posting anything until way after the fact of "over celebrating" by PO people.... Plus nobody was talking specifically to you about that... Im talking about people as a whole from PO saying that, and by the looks of it you have no clue either what you are saying or what your own people are saying

requesting that PO be removed and replaced with the old community TVsian forum. I will form a team with myself and 7 alts and I will win this thing easily. No need for random users to post now! :)

LOL. Just noticed that rem might actually have to play now :O

requesting that PO be removed and replaced with the old community TVsian forum. I will form a team with myself and 7 alts and I will win this thing easily. No need for random users to post now! :)

LOL. Just noticed that rem might actually have to play now :O
See what I mean? When you make posts like these, you're just asking to be insulted.

yeah those badges and big post counts mean nothin' not smogonites at all nu-uh
Teehee :3

Smogon b (Marr,TU,CAL)-
Stone- Admin over at TU
Panamaxis- Admin at CAL
Delta 2777- Mod and major member of CAL
Krack- Pure Marri.
Ciele- He's been quite the contributor to CAL lately
Heist- fairly active on both Marri and CAL
Legendary_07- first CAL league champion
Iconic- TU mod
Reyscarface- Not even gonna try. We totally stole him from you and we liked it.

Let me use the same metaphor I used on Marri to defuse this stuff.

In american hockey good players from across globe gather to the NHL because of how competitive it. Much like good poke players come to smogon for some competition. However once the olympics come around the corner the canadians go back to canada and same for the other country's. Some just so they can get a spot in the olympics others because of nationalism however that's exactly what happened here.

Even an established AMERICAN NHL league member like Sydney Crosby(smogonite) has a home somewhere else in Canada(other site).

Teehee :3

Smogon b (Marr,TU,CAL)-
Stone- Admin over at TU
Panamaxis- Admin at CAL
Delta 2777- Mod and major member of CAL
Krack- Pure Marri.
Ciele- He's been quite the contributor to CAL lately
Heist- fairly active on both Marri and CAL
Legendary_07- first CAL league champion
Iconic- TU mod
Reyscarface- Not even gonna try. We totally stole him from you and we liked it.
Ciele is also a TU mod. Krack was a bit TU long ago. Legendary 07's also a Marri/TU. Iconic is actually a TU Admin. Reyscarface was also a bit Marri/TU. I'm a TU admin playing for PO (also mod there). And most of the Gamefaqs players like Atticus, Lady Bug, SilentEcho, Indra, Loven all were part of Marri/TU also. All of us compete in Smogon. Most competitive players like to look for different places to compete in, and it's obvious Smogon is the center for competitive battling. Whereas, choosing what forum to rep for this tournament is completely up to the players. Unless if you're talking about what forum you initially joined.

Clearly a joke about the entire situation but if youre going to get defensive about small remark like this... :\
I know you're joking but a lot of randoms (typically from PO) that don't know you may find it offensive and will continue flaming some more.

6A9 Ace Matador

veni, vidi, vici, VERSACE, VERSACE VERSACE
csb eternal + random. all those guys are more active on smogon, smogon IRC channels and their splinters and if panas an admin of cal how comes he has a single badge and 92 posts?!? sounds like you guys are just desperate LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)