Smogon's Official Ladder Tournament - Round 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTC

Banned deucer.
is a defending SPL Championis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
Big Chungus Winner
Why is wq mounted on teles ballsack now? Teles not bad, he's just a faggit, and I would know about bein a faggit. Bloo beat himself, tele just didn't play bad. Everyone has off days. But then again, less competition for the pimpster. What's chimpin errbody

Tele

a quality human being
So here we are. but this time i will start the battles analyses from the end, after the victorious game3. as soon as the battle ended, an incredible crowd of people was screaming my name: many of them were idolizing me and my squad, others were worshipping me like a god. but u know what? i wasnt listening to them at all. my mind was elsewhere. i was watching the replays of the battles. one after another. and u know why? becos im insatiable. no one will ever stop me from getting better. with that said, lets come down to the battles analyses, which according to some, rightfully entered in the history of this game

i have got to say one more thing tho: i wasnt afraid about my pairing with bloo, and i wasnt disappointed about having to face him so far from the final neither. becos to prove urself to be the best, uve got to beat the best, as simply as it is.

i kinda knew what kind of games were expecting me. i kinda knew which mons he would bring too. mons that threaten balanced styles as few others mons can: their names are gengar, char y, and lando-i. which he did use at the end, respectively in g1, g2, and g3, outplaying me in the teams choice in a very bad way. but still i decided to take the risk of being ct'ed hard. becos im a man of values, and the mons which i ended up using against bloo have proven themselves in the past to be able to recover even from the toughest situations. becos of that, i never thought a moment about changing team. the captain never leaves his ship.

GAME1: Between the 3 matches, this has been without a doubt the one with the easier matchup for me (and this should already give u an idea of how hard the next 2 games have been for me, both from a mental point and a tactic point). im not gonna lie, i was confident that i could win this game. what most ppl do not know (i should probably say: almost everybody doesnt know it) is that my rotom wash was a specially defensive one, in fear of lando-i and gengar. so the game wasnt really over after i stupidly switched mega manectric, as most ppl would think. it was over after he succesfully double protected on my manectric with his ferrothorn. but even after choking like this, even after throwing away the win like this, i didnt lose any hope. becos i had faith in the team i was going to use in the next battle, with whom ive done hundred of wars in the ladder

GAME2: Immediately after losing g1, i closed the lobby chat, becos of the too many ppl screaming cries of pain. i was trying to focus. i needed to get in the right mental position. no matter what team he was going to use, no matter how many crits id get, no matter how many scald burn id get. i knew my squad wouldnt disappoint me. and i knew this could have possibly been the last "worth for something" xy game id play with my glorious squad, so i told them before the battle started: "go out and play this like if it was ur last".
im gonna be honest, i was so nervous that i didnt even noticed the chary, i thought it was x until a moment before he megaevolved. i start the battle by costantly switching my pokemons out and in, not to give him any reference point. proof is i make the 1st damaging move at turn8. i didnt really developped a game plan here, mostly becos i didnt know his clefable set (fact it wasnt cm like mine helped me a lot). i ended up by going for an unlikely sweep with mega scizor: not really the best thing i could have gone for. my scizor gets burned. at +6. not gonna lie, i really considered forfeiting at this point. but then i thought to my fans, who were supporting me. i thought to my haters. i didnt want to give my haters such a satisfaction. i really didnt. and so i go on. but here is the momentum changing, not only of the battle, not only of the series with bloo, but probably the momentum changing of my whole olt run: he sends in his char y. an objective mistake, probably due to the enormous amount of pressure bloo had (probably even more pressure than me). right now i am able to hit the chary with a+6 bpunch crit, which does consistent damage to him, even if burned. i didnt realize it yet, but game2 basically ended there. char y was now in range of keldeo. my clefable cleans everything. crowd goes wild.

GAME3: i see the crocune, and i tell me: "ok its gonna be hard, but not impossible". but then, i see the landorus, and i tell me "i cant win this, im just gonna keep fighting as long as i can. thats what my fans want. thats what i am going for. i dont care of anything else".
the game plan was quite simple to memorize: to sweep with keldeo. crocune was set up bait for him, heatran was set up bait for him, tyra was set up bait for him, lando i was set up bait for him. all i had to do, was burning the latios. but i did even better. i did way better. but lets do 1 step at a time: there were 2 plays who won me the game. 2 plays that might seem stupid, ignorant and crazy. but to win such a matchup, u just need them the same way u need the air to breathe. i stay in with scizor on manectric, he voltswitches and i knock off heatran lefties. i stay in with slowbro on latios and i twave him while having the perfect switchin for latios, aka clefable. i feel that at the very moment i made those plays, i got to another level of playing. to the next level actually. i knew that the game was slowly going in my direction. yea if the lando-i had been rock polish i could have lost. i actually made the mistake of not even considering it. the reason why i switched clefable at +2 is because i feared a crit, but i should have probably feared rock polish even more. despite that i still won. yea the paras helped me, but i think that i could have found a way to win even without them.

im gonna add 2 more things to this:
- proved that WitheQueen's ranking arent far from reality
- proved that one of the hottest new gen player went undrafted at last spl (and i gotta say this is helping me, cos it helps me to focus on this tour)

lastly, i rly want to give a last shoutout to a team that i probably won't use anymore in official competition or even ladder. actually thats even more than a simple team. its a life style

i know, this isnt the original version. i want to write 2 lines about why i think this version is superior to the old one. the team with heatran and terrakion had his best time when aegislash and mawile werent banned yet, and they were in almost every team. the defensive core composed by clefable, slowbro, full def scizor and heatran always gave me a way to get past of these 2 overpowered poke, and thats why i liked it a lot. i kept using it even after the bans occured, but i knew the team had to be renewed. i started thinking that heatran was a dead weight. i hated how landot could consistenly come on him and set rocks everytime, while heatran just had to switch out. and here i realized that landot itself was a superior choice to set rocks, and it also fitted greatly with the rest of the team, both becos of his electric resistance (magnez bullshitted me many times) and his ability to stop birds, a job that slowbro cant do all alone. but the real improvement i made, was sub cm keldeo. incredibly helpfull to deal with some high usage mons (sharp), same speed tier as terrakion, better typing, better coverage, can set up on fat mons and break through them, like mew (spe def gliscor was really annoying too cos terrakion and heatran had to switch out everytime). terrakion just couldnt win the comparison, not on this team at least. but unfortunately, few days after i came up with this team, oras started, and this team wasnt good anymore. but still i knew the amazing potential this team had in the xy metagame, and i showed it right in this tournament, going 1-0 against M Dragon, 2-0 vs aim and 2-0 vs Bloo while using it (also went 0-1 in round1 vs Choice Specs, but i got an insane amount of hax). thats all for the moment

#RISPETTO X TUTTI, PAURA DI NESSUNO

So here we are. but this time i will start the battles analyses from the end, after the victorious game3. as soon as the battle ended, an incredible crowd of people was screaming my name: many of them were idolizing me and my squad, others were worshipping me like a god. but u know what? i wasnt listening to them at all. my mind was elsewhere. i was watching the replays of the battles. one after another. and u know why? becos im insatiable. no one will ever stop me from getting better. with that said, lets come down to the battles analyses, which according to some, rightfully entered in the history of this game

i have got to say one more thing tho: i wasnt afraid about my pairing with bloo, and i wasnt disappointed about having to face him so far from the final neither. becos to prove urself to be the best, uve got to beat the best, as simply as it is.

i kinda knew what kind of games were expecting me. i kinda knew which mons he would bring too. mons that threaten balanced styles as few others mons can: their names are gengar, char y, and lando-i. which he did use at the end, respectively in g1, g2, and g3, outplaying me in the teams choice in a very bad way. but still i decided to take the risk of being ct'ed hard. becos im a man of values, and the mons which i ended up using against bloo have proven themselves in the past to be able to recover even from the toughest situations. becos of that, i never thought a moment about changing team. the captain never leaves his ship.

GAME1: Between the 3 matches, this has been without a doubt the one with the easier matchup for me (and this should already give u an idea of how hard the next 2 games have been for me, both from a mental point and a tactic point). im not gonna lie, i was confident that i could win this game. what most ppl do not know (i should probably say: almost everybody doesnt know it) is that my rotom wash was a specially defensive one, in fear of lando-i and gengar. so the game wasnt really over after i stupidly switched mega manectric, as most ppl would think. it was over after he succesfully double protected on my manectric with his ferrothorn. but even after choking like this, even after throwing away the win like this, i didnt lose any hope. becos i had faith in the team i was going to use in the next battle, with whom ive done hundred of wars in the ladder

GAME2: Immediately after losing g1, i closed the lobby chat, becos of the too many ppl screaming cries of pain. i was trying to focus. i needed to get in the right mental position. no matter what team he was going to use, no matter how many crits id get, no matter how many scald burn id get. i knew my squad wouldnt disappoint me. and i knew this could have possibly been the last "worth for something" xy game id play with my glorious squad, so i told them before the battle started: "go out and play this like if it was ur last".
im gonna be honest, i was so nervous that i didnt even noticed the chary, i thought it was x until a moment before he megaevolved. i start the battle by costantly switching my pokemons out and in, not to give him any reference point. proof is i make the 1st damaging move at turn8. i didnt really developped a game plan here, mostly becos i didnt know his clefable set (fact it wasnt cm like mine helped me a lot). i ended up by going for an unlikely sweep with mega scizor: not really the best thing i could have gone for. my scizor gets burned. at +6. not gonna lie, i really considered forfeiting at this point. but then i thought to my fans, who were supporting me. i thought to my haters. i didnt want to give my haters such a satisfaction. i really didnt. and so i go on. but here is the momentum changing, not only of the battle, not only of the series with bloo, but probably the momentum changing of my whole olt run: he sends in his char y. an objective mistake, probably due to the enormous amount of pressure bloo had (probably even more pressure than me). right now i am able to hit the chary with a+6 bpunch crit, which does consistent damage to him, even if burned. i didnt realize it yet, but game2 basically ended there. char y was now in range of keldeo. my clefable cleans everything. crowd goes wild.

GAME3: i see the crocune, and i tell me: "ok its gonna be hard, but not impossible". but then, i see the landorus, and i tell me "i cant win this, im just gonna keep fighting as long as i can. thats what my fans want. thats what i am going for. i dont care of anything else".
the game plan was quite simple to memorize: to sweep with keldeo. crocune was set up bait for him, heatran was set up bait for him, tyra was set up bait for him, lando i was set up bait for him. all i had to do, was burning the latios. but i did even better. i did way better. but lets do 1 step at a time: there were 2 plays who won me the game. 2 plays that might seem stupid, ignorant and crazy. but to win such a matchup, u just need them the same way u need the air to breathe. i stay in with scizor on manectric, he voltswitches and i knock off heatran lefties. i stay in with slowbro on latios and i twave him while having the perfect switchin for latios, aka clefable. i feel that at the very moment i made those plays, i got to another level of playing. to the next level actually. i knew that the game was slowly going in my direction. yea if the lando-i had been rock polish i could have lost. i actually made the mistake of not even considering it. the reason why i switched clefable at +2 is because i feared a crit, but i should have probably feared rock polish even more. despite that i still won. yea the paras helped me, but i think that i could have found a way to win even without them.

im gonna add 2 more things to this:
- proved that WitheQueen's ranking arent far from reality
- proved that one of the hottest new gen player went undrafted at last spl (and i gotta say this is helping me, cos it helps me to focus on this tour)

lastly, i rly want to give a last shoutout to a team that i probably won't use anymore in official competition or even ladder. actually thats even more than a simple team. its a life style

i know, this isnt the original version. i want to write 2 lines about why i think this version is superior to the old one. the team with heatran and terrakion had his best time when aegislash and mawile werent banned yet, and they were in almost every team. the defensive core composed by clefable, slowbro, full def scizor and heatran always gave me a way to get past of these 2 overpowered poke, and thats why i liked it a lot. i kept using it even after the bans occured, but i knew the team had to be renewed. i started thinking that heatran was a dead weight. i hated how landot could consistenly come on him and set rocks everytime, while heatran just had to switch out. and here i realized that landot itself was a superior choice to set rocks, and it also fitted greatly with the rest of the team, both becos of his electric resistance (magnez bullshitted me many times) and his ability to stop birds, a job that slowbro cant do all alone. but the real improvement i made, was sub cm keldeo. incredibly helpfull to deal with some high usage mons (sharp), same speed tier as terrakion, better typing, better coverage, can set up on fat mons and break through them, like mew (spe def gliscor was really annoying too cos terrakion and heatran had to switch out everytime). terrakion just couldnt win the comparison, not on this team at least. but unfortunately, few days after i came up with this team, oras started, and this team wasnt good anymore. but still i knew the amazing potential this team had in the xy metagame, and i showed it right in this tournament, going 1-0 against M Dragon, 2-0 vs aim and 2-0 vs Bloo while using it (also went 0-1 in round1 vs Choice Specs, but i got an insane amount of hax). thats all for the moment

#RISPETTO X TUTTI, PAURA DI NESSUNO
Best post i have ever seen since the mega mawile suspect test. Movingly

Reymedy

ne craint personne
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
GAME1: Between the 3 matches, this has been without a doubt the one with the easier matchup for me
no

(and this should already give u an idea of how hard the next 2 games have been for me, both from a mental point and a tactic point). im not gonna lie, i was confident that i could win this game.

:toast:

what most ppl do not know (i should probably say: almost everybody doesnt know it) is that my rotom wash was a specially defensive one, in fear of lando-i and gengar. so the game wasnt really over after i stupidly switched mega manectric, as most ppl would think.
it was, crawdaunt just kills your rotomw and your manectric
now, let's assume your rotomw outspeeds jolly crawdaunt, which means you invested 88 spe (lmfao yea sure) 252 SpA Life Orb Gengar Sludge Wave vs. 252 HP / 168+ SpD Rotom-W: 149-177 (49 - 58.2%) -- (= your spread if you took away 88 evs *cough*)
your rotomw was sitting at 51%, add the chances to live that to the chances of avoiding the overheat with manectric = roughly your chances to win (if your rotomw has, indeed, as every rotomw, 88 spe evs *cough*)
Just saying : 252 Atk Life Orb Adaptability Crawdaunt Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Rotom-W: 247-291 (81.2 - 95.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

it was over after he succesfully double protected on my manectric with his ferrothorn but even after choking like this, even after throwing away the win like this, i didnt lose any hope. becos i had faith in the team i was going to use in the next battle, with whom ive done hundred of wars in the ladder
I just wanted, at least, to make this clear for the sake of it
(I also think that hp ice was better probability wise than overheat, because getting two absolute low rolls in a row < 0.1)

Casting is cool though, keep it up guys

Oh yea, mandatory shoutout to the frenchie still fighting for the trophy, go Lyconik ;)

Bad Ass

Custom Title
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis the 2nd Grand Slam Winneris a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
what the fuck? is tele legitimately autistic or something? that's pretty tongue-in-cheek but also more than half serious; i don't see a normal, well adjusted person making comments like:

"an incredible crowd of people was screaming my name: many of them were idolizing me and my squad, others were worshipping me like a god"
"becos of that, i never thought a moment about changing team. the captain never leaves his ship."
"crowd goes wild."
"proved that one of the hottest new gen player went undrafted at last spl (and i gotta say this is helping me, cos it helps me to focus on this tour)"
"but to win such a matchup, u just need them the same way u need the air to breathe"
"actually thats even more than a simple team. its a life style"
"i feel that at the very moment i made those plays, i got to another level of playing. to the next level actually."

i'm sorry kid, you're just another decent-to-good pokemon player, not the second fucking coming. either take a step back and have a reality check or get back on your autism meds.

what the fuck? is tele legitimately autistic or something? that's pretty tongue-in-cheek but also more than half serious; i don't see a normal, well adjusted person making comments like:

"an incredible crowd of people was screaming my name: many of them were idolizing me and my squad, others were worshipping me like a god"
"becos of that, i never thought a moment about changing team. the captain never leaves his ship."
"crowd goes wild."
"proved that one of the hottest new gen player went undrafted at last spl (and i gotta say this is helping me, cos it helps me to focus on this tour)"
"but to win such a matchup, u just need them the same way u need the air to breathe"
"actually thats even more than a simple team. its a life style"
"i feel that at the very moment i made those plays, i got to another level of playing. to the next level actually."

i'm sorry kid, you're just another decent-to-good pokemon player, not the second fucking coming. either take a step back and have a reality check or get back on your autism meds.
My thoughts exactly

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Yeah, that sums it up pretty well. While it was wrong of myself and others to claim that the hax decided the entire game, tele did play pretty well for what it's worth. But saying things like that about yourself really goes too far.

Hello. Let's end this tele shit. For once, you say he is a player relying solely on hax who sometimes makes good plays. And then he's autistic, overconfident, and all the stuff you can say he is to make him look bad. Even if he is one with a bad attitude.

But let's take it this way: are you good? Yes? Are you not one with a bad attitude? No? Well, there's a simple answer: you aren't one with a bad attitude if you fail to appreciate someone who can play that good, if not amazing/godlike/legendary. Next day you're thinking... if he plays good, and is one with a bad attitude he is shit... what if it's the opposite? Plays bad but has a good attitude? Well, I'll tell you, no respect and no spotlight.

In fact, we are giving all the wrong people all the wrong attention. As in, literally this example, tele getting attention not for what he does good but for what he does bad. Yes, he plays good if not best Pokemon (like I mentioned before) and has a bad attitude. Yet still, we are aiming to shine the negative and not the positive of the story.

And simply... appreciate what you have good, what others have good and how everyone effects the community in a good manner. And with that, I sincerely request we diminish hate and instead favour positivity. Let's not be cancer.

Again, there's a huge factor that plays here: opinions. Personal opinions. Then again, there's also a "fanbase". Let's not go further, however, and keep it to this: everyone has their own personal opinions and there might be some matching. Why don't we just stop interfering with others' opinion and not be cancerous about our own either?

Since I pretty much took Bloo out of the picture, let's also appreciate how well he played and just narrowly failed to go further. This loss still does not mean Bloo is bad. Because he is legendary; he has made his name in the community as an incredible battler and whatnot (see: contributions to other aspects of the site). This does not simple "dethrone" him from the "amazing" players list.

Just like Bloo grasped aforementioned achievements, I wish teleGOD a legend-inspired future and go further to make a good name as a player, and perhaps a human being more.

---

Anyways, wishing good luck to all current contestants and a better future to all ones who failed to reach further. Hope you all great TDs keep organizing incredible tours and managing this section of the site. Big appreciation to everyone who has brought up positive reviews and points in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)