Smogon's Official Ladder Tournament V - Quarterfinals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kory2600

cclm
Eternal Spirit vs Insult - Despite doing some interesting plays to say the least in some games, ES is a pretty good player with a good grasp on the metagame.Insult despite being pretty good as well is kinda unproven in these type of situations whereas ES already played in some clutch games ( OLT Finals, SPL 8 Semis and Finals, Snake 1 Semis and Finals) so i'm gonna favor ES; rooting for Insult tho.
Bro Kappa vs Ojama Might be biased but Kingpins one of my favorites to take it all ; he knows how to play in these type of tours and he is skillwise one of the best if not the best player remaining.BK isn't bad but i think Oj is a level above.
Kickasser vs Sjneider - Kick is showing some really good shit since wcop ( ik he only played one game and kinda choked this one but i can tell : he was maybe the best SM OU player in France all along and still is with Cdumas and Kingpin in my opinon.) while Sjneider's games didn't "impress" me and also Kick is my man so it's kinda an obvious choice here.
Zuchtrest vs Simia - Both are solid players with a good grasp on the metagame, i'm slighty favored Zuch because it's Simia's 1st playoffs apparence and he could be scared to make some big plays, altho i'm rooting for him.Zuch will win easily if Simia uses these do nothing teams he used in the past tho.

Last edited:
Lost vs Ojama, gg.
Kinda happy of my run even though close only matters if u play bowls.
Some quick s/o to everyone who helped me during my run by supporting/testing n build w me, so ty to Ske Mask The Slump God, Sayuze,
Lopunny Kicks (happy u made ur poffs debut), MSU, Empo, xray and last but not least, big s/o to Will of Fire and LittleBigPlanet2 (best building support i could ask).
Gl to everyone still in the tour, predicting/cheering for gama to win it all.

Last edited:
Lost in 2 vs Zuchtrest, ggs. I didn't think I'd go that far when I qualified for POs and I have to say I'm really happy with how the tournament went for me. Maybe my team choices weren't always great and I could have brought heater teams these past rounds as well as my plays when I sometimes needed to make big plays but didn't. Anyway, I take this as my first playoffs experience and definitely learned things.

Shoutouts TPP for the amazing teambuilding/visual support and false for team ideas. Shoutouts CCLM and Bushmasters and Crew for the great support as well. Kick or Ojama to win it all now :swole:

INSULT

and every day the paper boy brings more
is a Tiering Contributoris a Past SCL Champion
Lost vs. Gama ggs dude. When OLT came around, I never thought I would even qualify, much less make it out of swiss. After two years on this site my motivation had been dropping as I saw my friends go on ahead of me, achieving fantastic results, and getting drafted in team tours. Glad to say that I finally have something to show for these two years even though I went out a train wreck in that game 3.

Shoutouts:
imsosorrylol - thanks my man for giving me the teams I used to qual, as well as helping me prep for the past 7 rounds, can't wait to see you do great things in stour.

LL - same as above, thanks for all the help prepping, editing sets, and always being down to test.

BHARATH_THEBEST ayevon Empo - thanks for the support and fun times in call :)

Eternam UltraBallz suapah Sealette DenisTheMenace Dokkerich Ricardo Ske Mask The Slump God Jytcampbell KingKdot TaceBreeze Hayburner - finally thanks to y'all for help tweaking, and just general advice for my teams/support. Lets hope neider can get this chip.

Sjneider

swag to the yolo
is a Tiering Contributoris a defending SCL Champion
Lost vs Kick in some really intense games, ggs. Its crazy that just a year ago I was watching kick play on blunder's channel and now I play him for top 8 so that was super cool for me. Obviously, I didn't expect to play in playoffs after coming 9th but i was super glad to get subbed in and show ppl what I can do. I know I'm a new face in the tour scene esp in SM OU but hopefully, I get more opportunities to play in the upcoming team tours (@ spl managers lolol). Jokes aside though, I want to thank everyone that helped and supported with teams, tests, etc.

S/o imsosorrylol, suapah, Jytcampbell, LL . definitely could not have made it this far without your help
s/o den, methlab, and everyone else that cheered me on

also s/o blarghlfarghl for being fat

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)