SmogonStories

If you have any stories about yourself or someone on Smogon or Pokemon Showdown rooms but don't know where to tell/post them, here is the place in this Smogoff Thread!
Here is mine!

12.01.2022_19.32.39_REC.png

context: he complained that I was too lucky just because I just so happened to use an attacking move on the exact same turn he switched out, he left right after.
Looking forward to seeing your stories!

Last edited:

Ivy

resident enigma
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor
threadworthlesswithoutpics.gif
(substitute pics for words
do we have to add "post by example" as a forum rule? please make your opening post have substance how am i supposed to get in the mood for storytelling without anything to kick off the thread!

I just won in low-midladder (~1350) using a balanced offensive team in DOU, based off of recommended sets from Smogon. The guy called my set gimmicky - but only when he lost - and when I asked him how it's gimicky he left. I need to watch my diet, this salt is unreal.
Screenshot 2022-01-11 11.02.56 PM.png
Screenshot 2022-01-11 11.03.03 PM.png
Note that I actually read a Smogon article about gimmick cores earlier today out of curiosity and my team met none of those criteria, nor was it stall. And if your actually losing to gimmick teams, that just means your kinda bad lmao.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8doublesou-1489864206

Attachments

so anyone who knew EeveeTrainer back in the day knew how obsessed he was with asking new users if they had been circumcised or not

one time at a pokémon tournament ET and i were in the same hotel room and he tried stealing my laptop to pose the age old question:

View attachment 398130
I have so many questions. As a 16 yo with no knowledge of old competitive Pokemon, I'm so intrigued, both about this interesting character, in-person tournament, and just old competitive Pokemon in general.

If you have any stories about yourself or someone on Smogon or Pokemon Showdown rooms but don't know where to tell/post them, here is the place in this Smogoff Thread!
Here is mine!

View attachment 398149
context: he complained that I was too lucky just because I just so happened to use an attacking move on the exact same turn he switched out, he left right after.
Looking forward to seeing your stories!
i added it now Ivy , hopes its good enough :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)