Orochimaru (Eelektross) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Volt Switch
- Flamethrower
- Knock Off
- Giga Drain
The main reason I made this team. I was watching Naruto, saw Orochimaru, and thought,"I wonder if he would be a good pokemon."
I get inspired easily.
Anyways, this is a pretty basic set. Assualt Vest for the all mighty bulk, slow Volt Switches to switch into a new poke when needed, Thunderbolt to hit like a fucking truck Knock Iff because Volt Switch hits hard enough, and it's fucking Knock Off, Flamethrower for incoming things like Durant and Escavelier, and Giga for Seismitoad((Rip Jiraiya))

big nose (Aromatisse) @ Leftovers
Ability: Aroma Veil
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell
For an Assault Vest user to work well, it needs recovery and a way to get rid of statuses. When you hear those words in RU, you think of Aromatisse. Also a standard set, Leftys for constant recovery, Max HP and Sp Def to tank the special hits Max Defense instead, since I already have Steelix and Eelektross, and now hat I have max Def, I can take High Jump Kicks from Hitmonlee, Wish+Protect for more recovery and the ability to pass recovery, Heal Bell to get rid of Toxic and statuses, then Moonblast for STAB attacking.

Petite hands (Flygon) @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Earth Power
- Roost
- Fire Blast
Idk why this is so oddly good. I wanted a powerful special attacker, and Flygon fit well in my eyes. This is probably the easiest member to replace, but for now, he's good. Life orb to boost that horrid special attack, Draco becaus eit's fucking Draco Meteor, Earth Power for STAB and because it's like a special Earthquake, Roost for recovery when Life Orb's got you down, then Fire Blast for incoming Bronzongs.

Hardcore (Tyrantrum) @ Life Orb
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rock Polish
- Outrage
- Head Smash
- Earthquake
I like this thing. After building the team, I needed a set-up sweeper and a physical attacker, and gods does this fit. Life Orb because why not power that huge attack, Adamant>Jolly because when you get 1 D-Dance up, you outspeed Jolteon, which is really all you need Instead of D-Dance, fran suggested RockPolish, which really works better, seeing as it can outspeed everything bar a few scarfers, even then it can outspeed some scarfs. D-Dance as a set-up move, Outrage for STAB Dragon-ness, Head Smash for spammable STAB, and Earthquake for when you don't wanna risk Head Smash missing.

Nice Jawline (Steelix) @ Steelixite
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Roar
- Heavy Slam
- Stealth Rock
I wanted some hazards and another tank, so adding Mega-Steelix seemed nice. Earthquake cuz it's Earthquake, it hits shit, Toxic for Jellicents coming in, Roar to phaze pokes that are setting up, or just get hazard damage, Heavy Slam for things that are immune to E-Q, like Flygon and Golbat, then Stealth Rocks cuz it's Stealth Rocks, they're hazards.

Mr. Puff (Qwilfish) (M) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Waterfall
- Taunt
- Pain Split
My newfound love. Qwilfish is another hazard setter, but can also be a Physical tank if really needed. Spikes because Spike stacking, Waterfall as it's single STAB attacking move, Taunt to stop slower things like Bronzong from doing annoying shit, then Pain Split for recovery when really low.

Threats:
-Scrafty: I think the biggest threat, D-Dance Scrafty does work. If it has Poison Jab and has set up, nothing can stop it. So yeah. Fuck this thing.

-Bronzong: More annoying then a threat. It stops Tyrantrum in it's tracks, and when Flygon and Eelektross are gone, it's such a pain to kill. Fuck this thing too.

Thanks to fran17 for making changes on Tyrantrum, Aromatisse, Eelektross, and Steelix.

Last edited:

fran17

(1999)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hi I'm Ok I Guess, solid team you've got there, I really like Tyrantrum+spikes as it is always a pain for many team in RU. I've some suggestions to make your team a bit better.

On Eelektross I suggest you to run Knock Off over Thunderbolt, Thunderbolt isn't mandatory, and Knock Off can be useful by removing items to special sponge that switch on Eelektross. Since you have Knock Off a Quite Nature might be better to have more power with Knock Off, and you wouldn't lose too much in speed.
On Aromatisse I suggest you to run a spread of 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpDef with a Bold Nature. You have to special oriented walls in Steelix and Eelektross, so running a more physical oriented spread will allow you to check some physical threat better, especially because Hitmonlee can 2HKO Aromatisse with HJK with the spread you're running now. It will also allow you to check Scrafty better.
Rock Polish over Dragon Dance on Tyrantrum, Rock Polish will make you more difficult to revenge kill, especially by Choice Scarf users. You won't notice the loss in power as Life Orb+Tyrantrum's high attack+strong stabs are enough to sweep teams in late game.
On Steelix Roar over Toxic will allow you to get more residual damage thanks to the entry hazards you have, and you have Eelektross to take care of bulky waters.
Eelektross @ Assault Vest
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Volt Switch
- Giga Drain
- Flamethrower
- Knock Off

Aromatisse @ Leftovers
Ability: Aroma Veil
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Moonblast
- Aromatherapy

Tyrantrum (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Head Smash
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Rock Polish

Steelix @ Steelixite
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Roar
- Heavy Slam

That's all I have, I hope this will be useful for you n___n

MrAldo

Hey
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Pretty cool, bulky and reliable, having switch-ins for mostly everything. Running a qwilfish with a spread like 248 hp / 204 def / 56 speed jolly nature is a solid option since it can outspeed and taunt scrafty before it dragon dances while still retaining solid physical bulk. Thunder wave over pain split is also something to consider since mega glalie and emboar are notable threats and paralyzing them make the task of handling them a lot easier.

Running a more offensive mega steelix is another option since mega glalie is a threat for this team. Right now your mega steelix spread forces it to take too much damage before taking it down (2 returns or 2 earthquakes). So I could recommend running 252 hp / 96 Atk / 160 spdef adamant nature to OHKO mega glalie with heavy slam after rocks, it also kill tyrantrum after rocks with EQ and still retains solid special bulk.

Keep it up!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)