Snow Angel (A Belly Drum Cetitan Snow Team)

Ehmcee

A Spoopy Ghost
is a Pre-Contributor
1687202461286.png

Introduction:
Hail (or snow I guess now) has fallen off quite a lot since last gen, Arctozolt, the main Ice sweeper was cut, and hail's residual damage was removed as well. However with the advent of home, a plethora of new ground and flying types were introduced, urging me to try my hand at a hail team, and who better to replace Arctozolt's place, than another slush rush pokemon, but this time with a way to boost it's attack by 4 times, and with crazy bulk to match?

The Team:

1687202505631.png

Angel (Cetitan) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Slush Rush
Tera Type: Electric
EVs: 12 HP / 252 Atk / 12 SpD / 232 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Belly Drum
- Earthquake / Substitute
- Tera Blast
- Ice Spinner
Cetitan acts as a mid to late game sweeper, Belly Drum allows it to nearly 1 shot the entire metagame while outspeeding the entirety of the unboosted metagame. It's tera type is quite useful as it offers it the coveted boltbeam coverage. Earthquake is an optional move here, but I've found more success with it due to offering super effective damage on Skeledirge in a pinch, as well as being the best coverage type in the case where I've had to burn my tera already. The speed outspeeds a +1 speed Iron Moth, while being shy of outspeeding +1 speed iron valiant, so be weary of that.

1687202516154.png

Knock Knock (Slowking) @ Icy Rock
Ability: Regenerator
Level: 99
Tera Type: Dark
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Chilly Reception
- Slack Off
- Surf
- Future Sight​

Slowking acts as our hail setter, as well as our main special pivot, usually able to stomach most special attacks. Also running the neat lvl 99 to underspeed other Slowking and pivot out last. Future sight can be very useful, especially against Zamazenta and other fighting types. Icy rock prolongs our hail turns to boost our Cetitan's speed as long as possible. Tera Dark can be used in a pinch against Dragapult and Gholdengo.

1687202534269.png

Fat Spina' (Great Tusk) @ Leftovers
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Bulk Up
- Knock Off
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake​
Great Tusk is just a bulky mf with max defense, needed a reliable spinner due to running two ice types and Great Tusk is simply the most reliable one. Bulk Up can allow it to 1v1 a lot of mons that boost their attack, and can potentially sweep if needed with spin. Tera Water is just the blanket ground type Tera, to resist both water and ice.

1687202545262.png

Open Up (Baxcalibur) @ Loaded Dice
Ability: Thermal Exchange
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Icicle Spear
- Glaive Rush
- Earthquake​

HE'S SO BACK. With Chien-Pao banned, Baxcalibur hits as hard as ever with it's great coverage and attack stat. Thermal exchange makes it invaluable as a dragon dancer due to a will-o immunity, allowing it to usually 1v1 Skeledirge and easily taking on Rotom-Wash and the rare Houndstone. Loaded Dice makes Icicle Spear so much more reliable, and Tera Fairy allows us to 1v1 Zamazenta on the switchin and resist Body Press.

1687202560877.png

Gaia (Landorus-Therian) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt​

Good old reliable, usually my dedicated lead, being able to deny rocks and sometimes double screens, while getting rocks off. Max speed is just to outspeed other landos, while also outspeeding Glimmora. Moveset is pretty standard apart from taunt, U-Turn to pivot out and EQ is our highest damaging option.

1687202571924.png

Manasa (Enamorus) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Contrary
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonblast
- Earth Power
- Mystical Fire
- Taunt​
I was having a lot of issues with fighting types, despite having both Lando and Slowking, as well as lacking a specially offensive pokemon. Enamorus cleared this whole by being a more reliable zamazenta check and ID corviknight check, while packing a punch with Moonblast. Taunt is also a more niche option on this, however I've appreciated it against CM sweepers that have popped out more as of late, such as Mew and Enamorus-T, Mystical Fire also helps in 1v1ing them. Fire type simply flips over Ice and Steel weaknesses into resistances, while boosting Mystical Fire's damage.

Threats:
:dragapult: & :gholdengo: I do not have a ghost resist, forcing me to play a lot more aggressively against these two, and sometimes needing to tera Slowking to properly pivot around them.

1687202607543.png
: Toxic Spikes are an issue, mainly due to Glimmora. Anything getting poisoned is very annoying, and puts my team on a timer.

:damp_rock: :heat_rock: : Opposing weather's can be tough to play around, mainly Rain though, slowking is a decent enough switchin to both of these, but automatically having a way to stop Cetitan usually means it can't put in that much work.

Thanks for reading! Feel free to give advice to improve the team, I'm open to all suggestion :)

you have a huge amount of ground coverage, all but Slowking may have it. Since it's just a slash on Cetitan. But is this too much? I don't know, but I have to wonder and you've gotten no responses besides and it's all I can think of.

Ehmcee

A Spoopy Ghost
is a Pre-Contributor
you have a huge amount of ground coverage, all but Slowking may have it. Since it's just a slash on Cetitan. But is this too much? I don't know, but I have to wonder and you've gotten no responses besides and it's all I can think of.
I've been considering running an unorthodox CM/Taunt/Mystical Fire/Moonblast Enamorus, It's been sort of working up to now, you obviously get hard walled by fires, especially Heatran, but the amount of ground coverage I have makes me think it's fine.

I've been considering running an unorthodox CM/Taunt/Mystical Fire/Moonblast Enamorus, It's been sort of working up to now, you obviously get hard walled by fires, especially Heatran, but the amount of ground coverage I have makes me think it's fine.
How good is Contrary Superpower? It hits Heatran still, and gives a new type to the team. Then there's the boosts with Contrary ofc.

EDIT: Despite the ground stuff, you look kinda weak to, and I'm not sure it's a thing, Avalugg-h. Strong Jaw Crunch will for sure 2hko Slowking(kinda surprised it's a low roll to ohko w/ 252 Atk, but still.) Lots here is weak to rock or ice, in fact the rest is. Idk, just a thought. Probably not even common cause it's one of the Hisuians w/ a garbage special move.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)