Snow in Spring

This is my first RMT on the site and this is my prized team and has been very sucsessfull winning on average about 9/10 games.
I love the hail weather it is underated, but anyway heres the team.
Tell me if the discriptions need extending.
So this is the team at glance some pokemon may seem odd or outclassed by others but they all fit in the team well.

Dugtrio (F) @ Choice Band

Trait: Arena Trap
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Sucker Punch
- Final Gambit
- Stone Edge
I didnt want to lead with my abomasnow this time so when i was building the team i decided to use a pokemon to counter weather setters not including politoad which is no problem as my hail team has never lost to a rain team.
Arena trap traps ninetails and tyranitar.
Earthquake is a possible 1 hit ko on 252hp tyranitar (88.1% - 104.5%)
and a 1 hit ko on 252atk tyranitar.
Stone edge is for air balloon ninetailes.
Dugtrio is a good revenge killer but not a safe switch in due to low defs and hp.

Abomasnow (F) @ Leftovers

Trait: Snow Warning
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spdef
Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spd)
- Wood Hammer
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
Obviously here to set up hail and can take 2 focus blasts from a politoad.
Ive tried sub seeder set but that failed i also didnt like the idea of a scarfer as its still pretty slow and risks loosing the weather war.
Earthquake is for predicted switches like heatran and is good general coverage.
Once a swords dance is up he hits very hard with ice shard priority 2hit ko on multiscale dragonite.
Wood hammer alone hits very hard.

Hariyama (F) @ Leftovers

Trait: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Knock Off
- Close Combat
- Fire Punch
- Bullet Punch
Abomasnow isnt a fan of a 4x fire weakness and thick fat deals with that.
It normally only takes around 25% damage from a flamethrower heatran and the other day it took 57% from a nasty plot ninetails in sun which isnt bad.
He is the perfect heatran counter and also counters post of a hail teams biggest threats in OU such as scizor, tyranitar, forretress and ferrothorn as well as many more including the most annoying pokemon to this team, Gensect.
This pokemon is boss in hail.
As for the moveset as i said it counters many pokemon such as scizor with fire punch but as for the rest of its moves they can wreck most pokemon.
For example knock off wrecks pokemon such as choice scarf users or pokemon with leftovers now taking hail damage.
Bullet punch is priority and goes well with good atk and close combat hits very hard.

Starmie @ Life Orb

Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Psyshock
- Scald
- Thunderbolt
- Rapid Spin
My spinner and a very powerfull sweeper.
It dies quikly due to hail and life orb but it normally knos most low hp pokemon with scald.
Natural cure is for toxic spikes once theyve been removed.
As for the moveset it covers allot in smogon OU and psyshock is a must on this team.
It is a good politoad counter with thunderbolt doing lots but it has problems with scarfed gensects using u-turn normally doing well over half hp.
Also thunderbolt is for jellicent spin blocking me.

Regice @ Leftovers

Trait: Ice Body
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spdef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Blizzard
- Thunderbolt
- Thunder Wave
- protect
What a wall, make way stallrein here comes Regice.
Ice body and leftovers is great.
364HP 328Def and 437Spdef is great defsive stats and 236 spatk isnt bad either.
Ive made him more of an offensive pokemon than defsive because it has great offence potential and can already take 4 flamethrowers from a heatran.
Thunder wave gives him the edge and when he feints allows my sweepers to take the crippled out.
Thunderbolt is unexpected and kills jellicent which can be annoying with recover but i just have to hope for paralyse hax.
Protect is free healing.

Zapdos @ Life Orb

Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Heat Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Toxic
When building the team i decided i wanted a flying type or a pokemon with good spatk so i considered moltres which would get stab flamethrower which would be usefull against scizor but i didnt fancie the 4x stealth rock weakness so i tried zapdos with heat wave and its worked a treat.
Fire moves deal with allot in OU and even without stab it has high spatk and life orb so it will easy OHKO pokemon such as breloom who i like but always causes problems.

Hey, nice team.
Your Dugtrio set seems a little odd. Final Gambit is generally a poor choice on Dugtrio due to it's poor HP stat, further mitigated by the fact that it can rarely afford to run HP EVs. You also have a Life Orb, meaning that after one attack, Final Gambit is next to useless. In it's place, I would suggest you give Dugtrio Memento. This move KOs the user, but halves the opponent's attacking stats. This give any of your pokemon a free switchin and an almost guaranteed set up opportunity. This works especially well with Dugtrio, who sports an excellent Speed stat.

Thanks the item was actually ment to be choice band I didn't change it as I was using sub set and forgot.
But thanks for the suggestion.

Great team!! Very creative, unlike most RMTs that I see. It does not look like you have any big weaknesses either. One problem I see is your lack of hazards. I suggest that you either put Stealth Rock on Dugtrio or you put Frosslass on your team to spike. Anyway, great job!! :D

I have considered putting stealth rocks in somewhere, but not so much spikes.
I may consider frosslass which gets the hax boost but i have found in the past it is very frail but has good offence also i tried to break the usual hail teams of around 4/5 pokemon being part ice by limiting ice pokemon but instead use pokemon like hariyama to counter weaknesses.
Any suggestions for stealth rocker?

Lavos

Banned deucer.
Wow, this team is so cool. *ba-dum tish*

You have perfect type synergy and all that jazz, which is nice, but on a team like yours, you need a reliable spinner who can stick around for the duration of the battle and be counted on to spin. Instead of your current Starmie, therefore, I would suggest

Starmie @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Recover
- Scald
- Thunderbolt / Psychic
- Rapid Spin

And please run Memento over Final Gambit on Dugtrio, as well.

Thanks for all the support guys.
Yes thank you for the suggestion someone else on another site suggested the same thing but i wasnt sure which move to switch recover for because thunderbolt was being used on it more than scald but scald did more and with out psychic/psyshock i have no concelduur or a quik pokemon capable of taking out choice band terrakion.

This was from a while back but im bringing it back up seen as im going to start a new team soon with these similar pokemon so...

Suggestions please, appart from ones already suggested.

Focus Sash Alakazam and Trick Room Reuniclus can singlehandedly 6-0 your team, you have two Pokémon weak to Psychic-Type-Attacks and not a single resistance. As these usually carry Focus Blast for coverage they can also take on your special wall which is weak to fighting. Scizor would help but I really don't see where you could fit one in as you need your Hariyama that badly.

You also lack any switch in for Choice Scarfed Terrakion (which is really common), since every single of your Pokémon are 2HKO'd after Stealth Rocks and nothing outspeeds. Scizor can take atleast 1 Close Combat after Stealth Rocks and threaten Terrakion with his Super Effective Priority Move which is a OHKO unless Terrakion runs HP EV'S (which they usually won't).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)