Sorry for posting another thread about Hacking

What level or Hacking are you comfortable trading for?

• No hacking at all apart from cloning.

Votes: 32 32.3%
  • 'Semi-Legit' stuff.

Votes: 30 30.3%
  • Fast Egg hatching.

Votes: 21 21.2%
  • I'm prepared to play and use pokesav hacked/created pokemon on wifi.

Votes: 16 16.2%

• Total voters
OK, imagine if you could hack it so Zapdos appeared in DP so you could sync it. Is that fair?
That destroys the legitimacy of the zapdos, thus making it "illegal" ((since Zapdos cannot be caught in D/P)). Making a Zapdos spawn in D/P is equivocal to creating one from scratch using a pokesav ((in terms of "fairness"))

Sunday

God Bless Nintys Incompetence :*)
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Even though it is much more time consuming, you can still soft reset for the zapdos in FR/LG, which is another way to get it.
I was really refering to hacking the flute and item to get Darkrai, I wouldnt accept a Zapdos caught in Sinnoh, thats just plain obviousally not legit...

Ok, I say this in my opinion

1.The only thing I used my AR for before it broke was for 2 things-
-Getting Manaphy/Shayamin/Darkrai/Arceus
-Unlimited Rare Candies/Berries and TM's

the only thing that I have to say is that i really don't care if you hack, as long as it isn't things like Wonderguard Spiritomb, and Rock Head Volt Tackle/Flare Blitz/Wood Hammer/Head Smash Aerodacty (with a belly Drum and Agility passed, NOTHING proabily will kill it)

but I don't care if you hack stats i mean it's your game

I hate it when people hack pokemons with perfect IVs:( yes it wont do that mych of a difference adn yes it is possible to breed something like that, but youre extremly lucky if you manage to breed it and its close to impossible to breed 6pokemons with perfect IVs... sure if you tell people that your pokemons is hacked before you battle them its ok i guess... also if you hack flying snorlaxes just for fun... bleh you have bad taste of humor

Battling is fun! Breeding and training is not!

Some of my pokemon are hacked with AR but they're within limits so I don't have any unfair advantages.

Nintendo doesn't object to well hacked pokemon so why should anyone else.

edit: there is no semi-legit. there is hacked and not hacked.

If I fight someone who's hacked 31s in all ivs, and basically hacks something that could possibly exist in game, it won't change much. I personally won't use an AR unless there's no other way to get it (Event stuff), but that's just because I have a certain amount of pride when I get a Timid Sceptile with 5 31's and a 30 as the result of a week or two of concentrated breeding. I mean, yea, hacking gets you pokes that would otherwise take forever, but I just like spending that time because in the end the sort of pride you feel can balance that out. Or maybe that's just me.

Personally, I am against hacking 31 IV'd Pokemon. I'd rather have an entirely legit Pokemon that was bred entirely by myself, no outside help needed. I like personalization. I would only allow myself to do it for a Pokemon that I couldn't get otherwise (a legendary, like Lugia or Mew), or Pokes that I can't SR for anymore (Cressy and Azelf). And even then, I wouldn't let myself put 31 IVs in any of their stats.

I'm not against cloning, however, as that would make me a huge hypocrite (I love Emerald to death). And hacking items and TMs seems fine to me.

I guess I wouldn't have any problems fighting someone who hacks, so long as they kept within the game's limits.

/(BAN ME PLEASE)ry

cim

happiness is such hard work
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Ok, I say this in my opinion

1.The only thing I used my AR for before it broke was for 2 things-
-Getting Manaphy/Shayamin/Darkrai/Arceus
-Unlimited Rare Candies/Berries and TM's

the only thing that I have to say is that i really don't care if you hack, as long as it isn't things like Wonderguard Spiritomb, and Rock Head Volt Tackle/Flare Blitz/Wood Hammer/Head Smash Aerodacty (with a belly Drum and Agility passed, NOTHING proabily will kill it)

but I don't care if you hack stats i mean it's your game
Ironically, if you pull off a Belly Drum and Salac to Medicham, he will kill the entire game with Expert Belt in one hit (Nothing resists Brick Break, ThunderPunch, Ice Punch, and Psycho Cut/Fire Punch). Good luck pulling it off.

Ahhhh since I'ce started breeding heavily and since I don't have any time, I do use fast egg hatching.

Also I wouldn't be opposed to get the ball rolling with a hacked parent, but I'd likely have 3-4 more interrum parents so the hax would be bred out, I guess you could say.

Ironically, if you pull off a Belly Drum and Salac to Medicham, he will kill the entire game with Expert Belt in one hit (Nothing resists Brick Break, ThunderPunch, Ice Punch, and Psycho Cut/Fire Punch). Good luck pulling it off.
What? I don't think that any Pokemon can hold two items at the same time.

I say that semi-legit Pokes (Shaymin, Darkrai, Arceus) and clones are OK.

cim

happiness is such hard work
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
That's Baton Passed Salac Berry, preferably off of a Smeargle Sub (since Smeargle's the only Belly Passer). I don't even know if you need Expert Belt.

I'm okay with 1 and 2. I have mixed opinions on 3. I do have a question though you see I live in a place where no tourneys are being held but we'll be moving out maybe in a couple of years to a place that does have. Now if you were to enter a tourney using pokes you bred yourself with the fast-egg hatch code would it pass the screening or those that others bred for that matter? Complete no no to number 4 I mean why spend money on pokes if you just wanna hack your team to battle with others(battle through shoddy instead it's free....)

I don't mind people hacking for items (I don't myself - I clone on Emerald), and I've checked IVs using Pokesav. But I'm against cheating in every other way. I don't trade for semi-legit Pokemon, or Pokemon with hacked parents. Besides, just because you cheat doesn't mean you can beat everyone else (unless you do something really stupid like 999 stats or WonderTomb). I can easily beat my friend who has 2 hacked Arceuses (Arceii? Confusing).
Slightly off-topic: Does anyone know if game mechanic altering cheats work on wi-fi (eg. all attacks 1hko or all opponents' attacks miss)?

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I can easily beat my friend who has 2 hacked Arceuses (Arceii? Confusing).
Off topic, but maybe it's easiest to refer using the poke's name as both he plural and singular form. Like the word "shrimp." 1 shrimp, 10 shrimp. 1 pikachu, 10 pikachu. 1 arceus, 3 arceus. That makes the most sense to me, especially since none of these poke's names are official words in the English language and there are no "formal" conjugations I believe.

Forcing Event = Semi Legit, right?

So what about people who can't get to the event but would be prepared to. Are they allowed to hack the event (as long as it's happened)?

What about my Arceus? When the events happen are they obsolete? Would I have to say I hacked the event?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)