Done Sort PS! rooms by category

i think it would be easier to find rooms individuals are interesting it quicker and also make the overall appearance cleaner and more pleasing to look at if the rooms were organized and sorted. (like how lobby/help/tours have their own area)
some examples are Tiering/Language/Gaming/Discussion but it can really be anything. (ofc it can still be sorted within the categories by pl count like it is now outside the categories)

I'm unsure how hard it would be to code but I'd enjoy it if you could consider it, thank you.

Twenty-five of what? Users or age (lol)?
User count is already displayed and age is unenforceable.
Frankly, I have implied the age, mate. That way, adult users wouldn't be the target of the impertient moderators for something they post. You know, sometimes you forget the game is occupied by the kids. There needs to be definetly some rooms, in which the kids are not allowed or the Showdown is not responsible if they enter them. Besides that most of the conversations are just boring and bunch of gibberish in some rooms like the Lobby.

P.S.: Before Pokemon, I was playing a football management game named Top Eleven and was an hardcore user of their forum. Most of the users out there are above their thirties or forties, youngest ones are in their twenties. That's why users aren't banned too often there and I have acquired at least 30 real life or social media friends. It is weird you get banned even because of the pms here. In addition playing the darn game, I want to socialize in my way. However, it is quite hard in the given circumstances on Showdown hence the kids even don't believe you are an adult. lol

Last edited:

Ivy

resident enigma
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor
Frankly, I have implied the age, mate. That way, adult users wouldn't be the target of the impertient moderators for something they post. You know, sometimes you forget the game is occupied by the kids. There needs to be definetly some rooms, in which the kids are not allowed or the Showdown is not responsible if they enter them. Besides that most of the conversations are just boring and bunch of gibberish in some rooms like the Lobby.
There are plenty of rooms with a more "mature" style of conversation like Cosmopolitan and Scholastic. You just have to look around with a smidge of open-mindedness; why stick around in Lobby if you don't enjoy being there?
Anyways, age-specific rooms have been applied for countless time in the past and unequivocally denied. Putting a stated age limit on ALL rooms is even more far-fetched.

There are plenty of rooms with a more "mature" style of conversation like Cosmopolitan and Scholastic.
Nah, used to like both of them. Yet, both have lost that taste you have mentioned. I was once roughly discriminated and banned in the Scholastic, just because I am Turkish and didn't state my opinions on an event happened 100 years ago, and has never gone back. I don't like the Cosmopolitan, currently, as well. Come on. Sharing bs pics is what you call "maturity"? I cannot even share the news there..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)