SV UU Specs Goodra Balance Ver.DLC1 (1800 #1)

1.proof and team

Specs Goodra Balance Ver. DLC1 (pokepast.es)
:goodra-hisui: :alomomola: :salamence: :hoopa-unbound: :meowscarada: :iron treads:
スクリーンショット 2023-11-01 120759.png

2. about this team

I thought I could be the best with :goodra-hisui: because it boasts high special bulk, special attack and one of the best typing combination. :alomomola: is the best partner for hoodra because it can heal hoodra and eat attacks from physical attacker like :zapdos-galar: :iron treads: :mamoswine: etc.
:salamence: and :hoopa-unbound: are for attackers that can't win with :goodra-hisui: and :alomomola:. I added :meowscarada: for speed control and :iron treads: for the only viable hazard control which can set stealth rock.

3.teammates

109089105_p0_master1200.jpg

Goodra-Hisui @ Choice Specs
Ability: Sap Sipper
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 184 HP / 252 SpA / 72 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Flash Cannon
- Thunder

All you have to do is basically spam draco meteor, and use coverage only if you shoot at the mon in front of you or if your opponent makes a move that clearly does not alert you to coverage.
It seems to have begun to decline in popularity recently, but since the DLC it has become better with the addition of sap sipper effective pokemon such as :sinistcha: and :amoonguss:. Surf and thunder were chosen as coverages because I found :heatran: and :slowking: to be particularly troublesome, and I did not choose thunderbolt because I wanted to use thunder for more damage than draco meteor, so its output was essential.

1698815556899.png

Alomomola @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 32 HP / 252 Def / 224 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Wish
- Protect
- Scald
- Flip Turn

It is a strong support for the whole team; getting a flip turn is huge. A while ago I used to use a set with less spdef investment, but now spdef investment is very important because I realized that I can switch to AV :tornadus therian:. The key to mastering this team is how well you can use alomomola.When using alomomola, it is important to be able to distinguish whether you should click wish or flip turn, and do not click on scald casually because if the opponent does not get burned or uses a substitute, the game is directly linked to a loss. Don't forget it can move slower than ursaluna and opposing alomomola because it is 0 speed.

1698815602887.png

Salamence @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Intimidate
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Hurricane
- Flamethrower
- Roost

I will give exactly the same explanation as I once wrote, so those who have read it may skip it.
Standard set. Im using 2 steels so I needed ground/fighting resists on this team. Even this mon cannot check anything intimidate often helps teammates. :goodra-hisui: is also a dragon but goodra has no dragon type weakness and :salamence: covers fighting and steel weak so these two synagizes very well. Draco meteor spam is the main wincon of this team.

1698815647072.png

Hoopa-Unbound @ Assault Vest
Ability: Magician
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 248 HP / 164 Atk / 96 Spe
Lonely Nature
- Knock Off
- Psychic
- Drain Punch
- Gunk Shot

The hidden MVP of this team, teams using walls thick enough to deal with hoodra and meowscarada at the same time often can't deal with hoopa-u. The focus blast :thundurus-therian: and :sandy shocks: that hoodra can't deal with are exactly the bait for hoopa. Tera steel is useful when you want resist and can punish opponents who rely on 0 investment u-turn, such as :hydreigon: and :tornadus-therian:.

1698815764643.png

Iron Treads @ Leftovers
Ability: Quark Drive
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Rapid Spin

I really wanted to use an assault vest, but it was difficult to prepare another setter, so I decided to give up. Still, because alomomola can use flip turn, it is easy to get a chance to spin. Choosing tera ghost is the only distinctive point and why I chose it is there were many situations where we wanted to block :iron hands: and :okidogi:'s drain punch.

1698815861616.png

Meowscarada @ Choice Band
Ability: Protean
Tera Type: Grass
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flower Trick
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Play Rough

It is a normal meowscarada with nothing special to explain. band was chosen because it is the strongest meowscarada set and the team is not hazardly good enough to choose heavy duty boots. In addition, without increased power, revenge kill often failed, and this team without priority or unaware required a high damage output. Play rough is the free slot so choose a move which you want to run.

Threats:
I couldnt find it so feel free to ask how can I win to X.

Replays:
[Gen 9] UU replay: TheOnesAnd7s vs. udongirl - Pokémon Showdown (pokemonshowdown.com) vs hyper offense

Last edited:
Woah this team looks heat! Very cool!

Now that Alomomola is OU, who would be a good replacement candidate?

I was looking through the other options that provide wish support and really the only viable candidate that makes sense is Vaporeon. It can run the same moveset and it even has the same base speed. The problem is that Vaporeon doesn't handle physical threats as well as Alomomola.

For example, Mamoswine earthquake has a 98.4% chance to 2hko on Vapo, unlike Alomomola who can take 3. Not only that but it also lacks regenorator, but in return you do get a water immunity because of water absorb.

Vaporeon @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Flip Turn
- Scald
- Wish
- Protect

This is the Vaporeon Set I used to run some calcs with.

Curious on what your thoughts are

Woah this team looks heat! Very cool!

Now that Alomomola is OU, who would be a good replacement candidate?

I was looking through the other options that provide wish support and really the only viable candidate that makes sense is Vaporeon. It can run the same moveset and it even has the same base speed. The problem is that Vaporeon doesn't handle physical threats as well as Alomomola.

For example, Mamoswine earthquake has a 98.4% chance to 2hko on Vapo, unlike Alomomola who can take 3. Not only that but it also lacks regenorator, but in return you do get a water immunity because of water absorb.

Vaporeon @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Flip Turn
- Scald
- Wish
- Protect

This is the Vaporeon Set I used to run some calcs with.

Curious on what your thoughts are
alomomola is ipossible to repair.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)