SS OU Specs Lele + Scarf urhifu balance

Hello all this team is based :Urshifu-Rapid-Strike: + :tapu-lele: a strong and used core. Ive really enjoyed using it.
heres the paste: https://pokepast.es/959cb60782ad51f2

:Tapu-lele: :choice specs: The Marvelous Lady is a very strong mon that is very hard to switch in to. It has this set:
Moonblast: a strong stab and works well with its other stab psychic/Psyshock being super effective against dark that is immunte to psychic. Just a strong stab move all around and a must have on lele.
Psychic: Paired with terrain it wrecks many diffrent mons that dont resist it. It cam dealnalot even if resisted too.
Psyshock: Another stab boosted by terrain mainly meant to hit :blissey: and glowking Im thinking of switching this up for future sight as it paires well with urshifu and urshifu already hits both of the mons i mentioned.
Focus blast: A move that hits most of the main mons that resist or are immune to psychic and fairy such as :heatran: or the cureent hot topic :melmetal:

:blissey: :heavy-duty-boots: annoying pink blob that nobody likes its role is pretty self explanitory
Moves and why:
Seismic toss Blissey has terrible attack stats so it uses seismicntoss to get a consistant form of damage.
Soft boiled is a must on blissey because itll probbaly come in alot to tank them special moves.
Toxic for blissey to set a timer on vertain mons.
Teleport to pivot out into my diffrent mons.

:Zapdos: :heavy-duty-boots: pray to rnjesus. As a phys pivot of sort meant to stop most grass type mons
Moves:
volt switch creates a volt turn synergy with urhisfu and is good for maintaining momentum.
Heatwave Is for the grass types and heatwave over hurricane is 1st got sick of missing so much and to hit ferrothorn.
Roost and defog are what zapdos almost always run to stay alive and remove rocks

:slowbro: :colbur berry: here is for weavile
main job is to future sight and teleport because future sight paires well with urshifu.
future sight a strong move that when used correctly can wreck teams by ohkoing pex letting urhifu to attack.
scald stab meant to burn opposing mons.
Slack-Off keep itself alive nececcary on every slowbro set. Nothing special
Teleport what itll usually do after future sighting keep other mons from taking the chip that they might get from hard switching.

:Urshifu-Rapid-Strike: :choice scarf: a our future sight abuser
Surging-Strikes its stab move and its signature move it always crits which allows it to hit past stat boosts and screens which can be very useful in certain situations. Its very strong too
Close Combat Urhisfis other stab move that has a high base power and is needed on urshifu
u-turn to keep momentum and for the volt turn synergy with zapdos
Ice punch is for garchomp because with one sd it can be really hard to deal with.

:Garchomp: :leftovers: stealth rocker and ground type in this team
earthquake is for stab and because its strong
Toxic is to set a timer on mons like landorus
stealth rock is one of the main reasons its on the team to chip mons.
protect to get the leftovers recovery and scout out certain moves.

Main weakness are :Garchomp: and dd :dragapult:
Open to amy suggestions and you can test it out for yourself if you want Thank you

It's not a bad team. The only thing I will say tho is that it's very weak to Weavile, once Urshifu is weakened/dead, it kinda 6-0s the team. If you use Colbur Slowbro, I would recommend using Body Press to get an OHKO on Weavile. Cause Slowbro can take a knock off, but what if the Weavile uses swords dance, then it's gg if Urshifu is dead/weakened. Also, I would recommend using Twisted Spoon on Lele cause since it's a Pokémon that requires good predictions, it's better at wallbreaking imo being able to switch between its moves while still hitting pretty hard thanks to Twisted Spoon boosting psychic moves. That's why I like this item cause it allows you to click without thinking but I guess that's just personal preference. EX : You want to Psychic their Toxapex and they go Ferrothorn, then you can just Focus Flast cause you're not choiced locked. You could even run Thunderbolt to nail Corviknight on switch-in. Specs is very prediction reliant (lot of 50/50 situations) while Spoon allows you to avoid a lot of 50/50 situations, while retaining decent power on Psychic type moves but like I said I guess that's just personal preference, some prefer Spoon and some others, Specs. Other than that, I have nothing to say about this team.

CHANGES I WOULD RECOMMEND :

:ss/slowbro:
Slowbro @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Future Sight
- Scald
- Slack Off

- Teleport

TO

:ss/slowbro:
Slowbro @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Future Sight
- Body Press
- Slack Off

- Teleport

Body press to OHKO Weavile.

AND

:ss/tapu lele:
Tapu Lele @ Choice Specs
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast

- Psychic

TO

:ss/tapu lele:
Tapu Lele @ Twisted Spoon
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast

- Thunderbolt

I think Psychic is kinda useless, cause Lele already has Psyshock to hit on the physical side and and Moonblast to hit on the Special side.

edit : Dragonite could be a little bit problematic to the team, but I guess you could go like Chomp, protect and scout for Ice punch, if it is, you could go Blissey since it lives +1 Dragonite and Toxic it then play round it to let it die, but if it's Dual Wingbeat, you could just go Chomp, toxic and stall it out with protect.

3d

Prada shoes cuz she prada me
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
World Defender
yo cool team. i agree with iznamakin that slowbro should be body press but i have one more suggestion. the lack of a steel type can make dealing with opposing fary types very annoying. something like clefable can really just sit on this team and the only real counter option is going blissey/slowbro and teleporting into lele but that means you potentially lose your boots and worst case get tricked a sticky barb instead of just getting knocked.

:blissey: -> :melmetal: my only suggestion is going melmetal over blissey. because this is a more offensively oriented team losing out on an immediate ghost immunity for av melmetal won't hurt too much as melmetal can easily tank a few shadow balls from pult, long enough for you to break their team before they can break yours. melmetal is also very good into lele and clef which means you don't have to constantly switch into them and take hazards just to teleport back out. the upside of having AV is if clefable tricks you, it becomes pretty useless as it has no recovery, can't set hazards, or trick again. melmetal also works very well vs dd pult as it can take any +1 hit and revenge kill.

Melmetal @ Assault Vest
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 128 HP / 116 Atk / 252 SpD / 12 Spe
Careful Nature
- Double Iron Bash
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Thunder Punch

Hello all this team is based :Urshifu-Rapid-Strike: + :tapu-lele: a strong and used core. Ive really enjoyed using it.
heres the paste: https://pokepast.es/959cb60782ad51f2

:Tapu-lele: :choice specs: The Marvelous Lady is a very strong mon that is very hard to switch in to. It has this set:
Moonblast: a strong stab and works well with its other stab psychic/Psyshock being super effective against dark that is immunte to psychic. Just a strong stab move all around and a must have on lele.
Psychic: Paired with terrain it wrecks many diffrent mons that dont resist it. It cam dealnalot even if resisted too.
Psyshock: Another stab boosted by terrain mainly meant to hit :blissey: and glowking Im thinking of switching this up for future sight as it paires well with urshifu and urshifu already hits both of the mons i mentioned.
Focus blast: A move that hits most of the main mons that resist or are immune to psychic and fairy such as :heatran: or the cureent hot topic :melmetal:

:blissey: :heavy-duty-boots: annoying pink blob that nobody likes its role is pretty self explanitory
Moves and why:
Seismic toss Blissey has terrible attack stats so it uses seismicntoss to get a consistant form of damage.
Soft boiled is a must on blissey because itll probbaly come in alot to tank them special moves.
Toxic for blissey to set a timer on vertain mons.
Teleport to pivot out into my diffrent mons.

:Zapdos: :heavy-duty-boots: pray to rnjesus. As a phys pivot of sort meant to stop most grass type mons
Moves:
volt switch creates a volt turn synergy with urhisfu and is good for maintaining momentum.
Heatwave Is for the grass types and heatwave over hurricane is 1st got sick of missing so much and to hit ferrothorn.
Roost and defog are what zapdos almost always run to stay alive and remove rocks

:slowbro: :colbur berry: here is for weavile
main job is to future sight and teleport because future sight paires well with urshifu.
future sight a strong move that when used correctly can wreck teams by ohkoing pex letting urhifu to attack.
scald stab meant to burn opposing mons.
Slack-Off keep itself alive nececcary on every slowbro set. Nothing special
Teleport what itll usually do after future sighting keep other mons from taking the chip that they might get from hard switching.

:Urshifu-Rapid-Strike: :choice scarf: a our future sight abuser
Surging-Strikes its stab move and its signature move it always crits which allows it to hit past stat boosts and screens which can be very useful in certain situations. Its very strong too
Close Combat Urhisfis other stab move that has a high base power and is needed on urshifu
u-turn to keep momentum and for the volt turn synergy with zapdos
Ice punch is for garchomp because with one sd it can be really hard to deal with.

:Garchomp: :leftovers: stealth rocker and ground type in this team
earthquake is for stab and because its strong
Toxic is to set a timer on mons like landorus
stealth rock is one of the main reasons its on the team to chip mons.
protect to get the leftovers recovery and scout out certain moves.

Main weakness are :Garchomp: and dd :dragapult:
Open to amy suggestions and you can test it out for yourself if you want Thank you
Has too many wholes

Looses to Weavile, Kartana, etc. Only mom you have to protect yourself from being 6-0 by weavile and blacephalon is zapdos and he is 2hko if not ohko by both depending on set. Your team can potentially loose to plus 1 dd dragonite. Rillaboom and ferrothorn pick this team completely apart. Corviknight walls it outside of Zapdos. Skarmory walls it. I would play

Tapu, rapid u, slowing galar, zapdos, landorous, ferrothorn/rillaboom/hawlucha/weavile

Or slowbro, zapdos, tornadus, Rapid u, garachomp, ferrothorn

Slowing gives you a toxic spikes spinner and still offers future sight, landorous serves as a better wall than chomp while allowing a ground immunity. Zapdos is a defogger and takes electric hits, Hawlucha and rillaboom can also abuse terrain. Ferrothorn gives you Leech Seed and spikes.

Hawlucha in terrain is teffiying on any team and would help with every problem the team has rillaboom would also be nice. And you don't have to play ferrothorn you could play toxapex here as well since you have lando/chomp zapdos which would give you a toxic spikes spinner and it's covered well by slow bro on the psychic end. Tornadus also gives you access to taunt if you like that set. Heatran can be used here as well. Bisharp could be very helpful as well

Slow bro + tornadus + zapdos gives you excellent coverage a 2 regenerator, ferrot horn can come in on toxic and absorb electric hits, along with zapdos since rapid-u and two other mons are weak to it. Garachomp can stay because SD scale set after plus 1 is pretty nice. Zapdos can put up screens allow for tornadus to defog. Or zapdos can do toxic clerk plus Roost. Or you can opt for Zerazora as a breaker or bulk up sweeper I personally like zapdos putting up screens for this team. Sounds good on paper. Or you can just play two defogger. However, tornadus is such a wonderful defog user you should not have to.

I hope this helped

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)