SS OU Specs Sylveon! peaked #14 @1792 elo, got reqs with it

This is the only somewhat successfull Dynamax team i build and since Dynamax will hopefully be banned and i expect to use diffrent teams afterwards, i decided to share it.
Proof of peak:
top 50 ou 7.png

The members:

Hydreigon @ Expert Belt
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 32 HP / 252 SpA / 224 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Dark Pulse
- Earth Power
- Flamethrower
- Flash Cannon

Hydreigons role is to break balance. Earth power is for toxapex, flamethrower for ferrothorn and Corviknigth while flash cannon takes care of fairies. I first used Life orb but switched to Ebelt since lb wears it too much down as people try to outstall it through switching. Since i cant beat opposing hydreigons, i just carry enough speed to outspeed modest gyarados.

Sylveon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Shadow Ball
- Psyshock
- Mystical Fire

The star of the team! Pretty sure atleast half of my matches are won because of him! It can both act as a breaker early game aswell as a trick room sweeper late game! Getting rid of the choice lock with dynamax is also extremely useful! Hyper voice is stab, Psyshock is for Toxapex and other posion types and Mystical fire for steels.

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 240 Def / 20 SpA
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex

The pivot! Rotom is there to give momentum at the start and middle of the game. It also checks some threats like Darmatian-galar and Cinderace. Initially i used rest + chesto berry, but i switched to hex + leftovers to deal damage to seismitoad and dragapult. I run a full defensive set spread to survive an eq by Mold Breaker Excadrill.

Aegislash @ Leftovers
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 232 HP / 176 SpA / 100 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- Shadow Sneak
- King's Shield

Aegislash is my defensive backbone! While it doesnt counter that much since a lot of people prepare for it, i can still switch in on resisted hits and the oppoents will play diffrent when they see Aegislash. Its shadow ball is very hard to switch into. I run a spread that allows me to survive modest life orb shadow ball form opposing aegislash and put the rest into spa.

Darmanitan-Galar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Gorilla Tactics
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Superpower
- Earthquake
- U-turn

Darmatian-Galar is the revenge killer. Against some Teams it can also work as a cleaner. I use superpower instead of Flare bitz to deal more damage to rotom. In Dynamax form Max knuckle can also be used to boost Darmatians attack so it migth be able to stall break. The rest of the set is basically standart.

Reuniclus @ Focus Sash
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Trick Room

Reuniclus is my counter measure to Dynamax. Focus sash + magic guard ensure that i always live 1 hit. Then i use Tr and can often reverse sweep with Sylveon or soemtimes even with reuniclus himself. Modest 252 spa is obvious and i minimize speed for Tr. The remaining evs could theoretically be placed anywhere.

Threats:
+ Mold Breaker
I have no switch in to this thing. Usually i start with rotom and try to burn it.

+

Hydreigon cant beat Mandibuzz while Sylveon has trouble to get past Toxapex, since even if i predict psyshock on a Toxa switch in, the Toxa player can just switch out and gain his health back with regen. I have to time my dyna against Toxapex to have a chance.

full stall. I dont have any setup sweepers so my team has it difficult agaisnt certain stall builds.

Replays:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1020776599 Reuniclus counter sweeps
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1019774815 Sylveon kills 4 mons
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1018633381 Sylveon kills 5 mons

Hydreigon @ Expert Belt
Modest Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Earth Power
- Flamethrower
- Flash Cannon

Sylveon @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Shadow Ball
- Psyshock
- Mystical Fire

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex

Aegislash @ Leftovers
Quiet Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- Shadow Sneak
- King's Shield

Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Superpower
- Earthquake
- U-turn

Reuniclus @ Focus Sash
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Trick Room

Last edited:
Cool team! But why would you use Sylveon over Hatterene? Hatterene is much stronger and can deal very well with stall, which you said was a problem to your team.

Hatterenes fairy stab is weaker than sylveons fairy stab. its also less bulky. I also use sylveon as a dragapult and Hydreigon switchin. But yeah if one find something aaginst dragapult and hydreigon one could use hatterene instead.

Why Focus Sash over Life Orb Reuniclus? Using Choice Scarf on Hydriegon would be pretty nice. Superpower Darmanitan is an option if you want to raise your attack in Dynamax form but Flare Blitz can counter more things like Corviknight.
Your team is pretty slow, so I would suggest making it around Trick Room if you want to make your Pokemon even stronger. (If you want to replace Darmanitan and Hydriegon, that is.)

I use focus sash because Reuniclus is supposed to set up Tr against Dynamaxed mons. It gets activated a ton of times even with the hp investment. Choice scarf would make Hydreigon worse at breaking balance and i already have scarf Darmatian.

This is the only somewhat successfull Dynamax team i build and since Dynamax will hopefully be banned and i expect to use diffrent teams afterwards, i decided to share it.
Proof of peak:

The members:

Hydreigon @ Expert Belt
Modest Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Earth Power
- Flamethrower
- Flash Cannon

Hydreigons role is to break balance. Earth power is for toxapex, flamethrower for ferrothorn and Corviknigth while flash cannon takes care of fairies. I first used Life orb but switched to Ebelt since lb wears it too much down as people try to outstall it through switching. Since i cant beat opposing hydreigons, i just carry enough speed to outspeed modest gyarados.

Sylveon @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Shadow Ball
- Psyshock
- Mystical Fire

The star of the team! Pretty sure atleast half of my matches are won because of him! It can both act as a breaker early game aswell as a trick room sweeper late game! Getting rid of the choice lock with dynamax is also extremely useful! Hyper voice is stab, Psyshock is for Toxapex and other posion types and Mystical fire for steels.

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex

The pivot! Rotom is there to give memomentum at the start and middle of the game. It also checks some threats like Darmatian-galar and Cinderace. Initially i used rest + chesto berry, but i switched to hex + leftovers to deal damage to seismitoad and dragapult. I run a full defensive set spread to survive an eq by Mold Breaker Excadrill.

Aegislash @ Leftovers
Quiet Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- Shadow Sneak
- King's Shield

Aegislash is my defensive backbone! While it doesnt counter that much since a lot of people prepare for it, i can still switch in on resisted hits and the oppoents will play diffrent when they see Aegislash. Its shadow ball is very hard to switch into. I run a spread that allows me to survive modest life orb shadow ball form opposing aegislash and put the rest into spa.

Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Superpower
- Earthquake
- U-turn

Darmatian-Galar is the revenge killer. Against some Teams it can also work as a cleaner. I use superpower instead of Flare bitz to deal more damage to rotom. In Dynamax form Max knuckle can also be used to boost Darmatians attack so it migth be able to stall break. The rest of the set is basically standart.

Reuniclus @ Focus Sash
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Trick Room

Reuniclus is my counter measure to Dynamax. Focus sash + magic guard ensure that i always live 1 hit. Then i use Tr and can often reverse sweep with Sylveon or soemtimes even with reuniclus himself. Modest 252 spa is obvious and i minimize speed for Tr. The remaining evs could theoretically be placed anywhere.

Threats:
+ Mold Breaker
I have no switch in to this thing. Usually i start with rotom and try to burn it.

+

Hydreigon cant beat Mandibuzz while Sylveon has trouble to get past Toxapex, since even if i predict psyshock on a Toxa switch in, the Toxa player can just switch out and gain his health back with regen. I have to time my dyna against Toxapex to have a chance.

full stall. I dont have any setup sweepers so my team has it difficult agaisnt certain stall builds.

Replays:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1020776599 Reuniclus counter sweeps
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1019774815 Sylveon kills 4 mons
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1018633381 Sylveon kills 5 mons

Hydreigon @ Expert Belt
Modest Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Earth Power
- Flamethrower
- Flash Cannon

Sylveon @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Shadow Ball
- Psyshock
- Mystical Fire

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex

Aegislash @ Leftovers
Quiet Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- Shadow Sneak
- King's Shield

Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Superpower
- Earthquake
- U-turn

Reuniclus @ Focus Sash
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Trick Room
Use sub instead of flamethrower, leftovers instead of expert belt on Hydreigon and you should 6-0 stall. Flamethrower is only good for (1) ferrothorn, which you can sub on anyway, (2) eiscue, which you already have sash reuniclus/ Rotom Wash for. (3) Excadrill already 6-0 your team in sand, I don't think flamethrower can KO a dynamaxed Drill anyway. Vs Drill, your best bet are either (1) suprise dynamax your Sylvaeon and blow him back or (2) set up trick room with reuniclus and pray you counter-sweep him. Also, your team get messed up by LO Clef, Aegislash may only take one Flamethrower, so keep that in mind

There's not many things that can OHKO Reuniclus unless you're using a Bisharp or some setup sweeper. I could suggest using Ditto as a revenge killer, as your team can already deal with Bisharp. Also, your team greatly counters Excadrill, so I don't see why its a threat.

There's not many things that can OHKO Reuniclus unless you're using a Bisharp or some setup sweeper. I could suggest using Ditto as a revenge killer, as your team can already deal with Bisharp. Also, your team greatly counters Excadrill, so I don't see why its a threat.
His team get destroyed by +2 Hydreigon going for Dynamax without sash Reuniclus. Same with Dragapult with 1 DD up

Use sub instead of flamethrower, leftovers instead of expert belt on Hydreigon and you should 6-0 stall. Flamethrower is only good for (1) ferrothorn, which you can sub on anyway, (2) eiscue, which you already have sash reuniclus/ Rotom Wash for. (3) Excadrill already 6-0 your team in sand, I don't think flamethrower can KO a dynamaxed Drill anyway. Vs Drill, your best bet are either (1) suprise dynamax your Sylvaeon and blow him back or (2) set up trick room with reuniclus and pray you counter-sweep him. Also, your team get messed up by LO Clef, Aegislash may only take one Flamethrower, so keep that in mind
flamethrower is very useful against corviknigth. Maybe i should try out the subnp set everyone else uses though.

Im not sending Reuniclus in against Ferrothorn or Toxapex. Im sending it in after a +2 Gyarados or kommo-o and other boosting sweepers killed something. Focus sash often gets activated in practice.

Last edited:
Reuniclus cant OHKO a Gyarados and will end up getting killed if it switches in or sets up Trick Room.
252+ SpA Life Orb Reuniclus Psychic vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Gyarados: 204-242 (61.6 - 73.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
It also can't OHKO a Bulk Up Corviknight.
252+ SpA Life Orb Reuniclus Focus Blast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Corviknight: 208-246 (61.7 - 72.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Yes. But because of Trick room, i can send in another mon after Reuniclus death that can outspeed gyarados because of Trick room. Usually thats sylveon.

https://pokepast.es/0981b2174eb1e2e9
Aegislash -> AV is weird, but keeps Toxtricity in check and CC heavily hits Ferro and Excadrill, while Gyro helps to KO Hatterene after the Mystical Fire Drop

Reuni -> Claydol (Helmet/Lefties/Colbur are Options, also Dazzling Gleam) adds hazard control and deals with exca despite mold breaker

Sylveon -> Wish over Shadowball as a filler, as Shadow Ball doesnt hit anything more and wish can be cool, if you force switches (for aegi/claydol)

Rotom -> was given the Speedcreep for Crawdaunt

Hydra -> feel a bit iffy on that one (as you really dont want to face ditto) but Draco is pretty cool for Mandibuzz, which is getting very common and opposing Hydras. Dragon Pulse is weaker but could be ran as well

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)