SS OU Specs Sylveon Top 50 Team

Sylveon is not boring

So I buildt this team around Specs Sylveon. "Why" you ask. Because it hits like a truck.

Download (1).jpg

Sylveon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 120 HP / 252 SpA / 136 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hyper Voice
- Mystical Fire
- Heal Bell
- Psyshock​

So of course we run Modest max special attack with the Pixilate ability for max breaking power. 136 Speed is there to savely outspeed adamant Conkeldurr and the rest is dumped into HP to tank things like Dragapult and Hydreigon better. Last move Heal Bell is pretty much a Gimmick to heal random burns on other team meambers. If you want you can use shadowball for Gengar if you like that more. This makes for some nice calcs vs the tiers common mons.
252+ SpA Choice Specs Pixilate Sylveon Hyper Voice vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Clefable: 199-235 (50.5 - 59.6%) -- 84.8% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
Yes clef can protect to get extra lefties but that can be abused. Not maxmax gets obliterated of course.
252+ SpA Choice Specs Sylveon Mystical Fire vs. 252 HP / 208+ SpD Corviknight: 200-236 (50 - 59%) -- 72.7% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Choice Specs Pixilate Sylveon Hyper Voice vs. 252 HP / 104 SpD Hippowdon: 297-349 (70.7 - 83%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Choice Specs Sylveon Mystical Fire vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Ferrothorn: 312-368 (88.6 - 104.5%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO after Leftovers recovery
That is maxmax which no one runs btw.
The only real switch in I have encounterd is Toxapex which doesn't take enough from Psyshock and can pivot very easily. I will say that you often have to predict but it usually pays off. Sylveon is bulky enough to also force switches on offensive teams and does massive damage in the process. An important roll is also checking Keldeo which otherwise can run wild with CM taunt sets.

205px-Sugimori_479a.png

Rotom-Heat @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Overheat
- Volt Switch
- Toxic​

The next member is Rotom-Heat. The set is pretty much the somgon standard, with heavy duty boots and nasty plot. At this point you probably know what this does . It keeps Corviknight in check and pivots around. It also is the basically the only real Zeraora check we have here but more about that later. The great thing is it deals with those Clef Corv Pex cores running around pretty well where Sylveon has a hard time. Toxic is really good to put defensiv Kommo-o and setup sweepers on a timer. This is pretty much the glue of the team. So be careful with it's health. I decided on no means of healing so you have to play offensive to keep the games short.

250px-Sugimori_530.png

Excadrill @ Leftovers
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin
- Swords Dance​

Exadrill brings rapid spin to the team and works really well as a clefable switch in. Its great typing gives it two key immunities and good resists. This guy also is a great WinCon, setting up with rapid spin and SD. Mold Breaker makes EQ immunities quite rare and always think about about the iron head flinch chance. Also Toxapex scald only burns 30% of times so if you feel lucky go for it. But mind you DON'T SET UP WHEN THERE'S A DITTO IN THE BACK. In a lot of games you just scout the Corv set and if there's no body press you are basically good to go.

250px-Sugimori_639.png

Terrakion @ Chople Berry
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance​

Terrakion is the stealth rock setter for the team. In SS OU Terrakions speed tier is really good. it outpaces all the Kyurems Hydreigons Jirachis out there and gives the team good speed. After a Swords Dance it can run through bulkier teams that have a liitle chip quite good. provided it is able to connect with stone edge. And of course the chople berry, I mentioned already that Zeraora is quite a threat. Chople allows you to bait the zeraora clicking close combat and killing it back after the drop from full. The berry is also nice to tank mach punch from conk and random body presses.

250px-Sugimori_635.png

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Draco Meteor
- U-turn
- Fire Blast​

Hydreigon is the scarfer for team, threatening things out and then U-turning on Clefable instead of attacking. (Yes there are a lot of Clefs everywhere.) Otherwise Hydra is a good scarfer while giving momentum, being decently strong, having drak pulse flinch chance and being one of those rare ghost resists, that are not seen so often. Last move fire blast is by far the best I think, you just have to be a little lucky to hit sometimes.

250px-Sugimori_748.png

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Haze
- Knock Off
- Recover
- Toxic Spikes​

Last but not least, everyones favorite Toxpex. I use Max Defense because it can beat DD Dragapult, tank cloyster beat Terrakion, Cinderace or check the odd non rain dracovish running around. I had scald over haze but then a cloyster 6-0ed me because I couldn't burn a scald and it kept shell smashing on me. Knock off is really important to hit all the Ghosts, namely Dragapult Aegislash and Gengar, while also removing all the items. Toxic spikes is also really good to force in defogers to knock off or punish otherwise. I think pex is really solid right now. especially because it can tank one plasma fists from zeraora quite safely and remove the item.

The Biggest threats to the team are:
Excadrill: in Sand Rotom can kind of sometimes check when it doesn't come in on rock slide but mold breaker especially the set I use, kind of just 6:0s
Zeraora: outspeeds everthing but hydreigon and is hard to force out.
Specs Kyurem: Since Sylveon is offensive and you often don't want Rotom to take the hit.
Specs Dragapult: Thinking about it, it has become rare.
Toxapex: Scald switch ins not really available so is it's pex on pex
Dugtrio: well just rapid spin to not be traped (You don't want to face this)

Terrakion @ Chople Berry
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance

Rotom-Heat @ Heavy-Duty Boots
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Overheat
- Volt Switch
- Toxic

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Draco Meteor
- U-turn
- Fire Blast

Sylveon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 120 HP / 252 SpA / 136 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Mystical Fire
- Heal Bell
- Psyshock

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Haze
- Knock Off
- Recover
- Toxic Spikes

Excadrill @ Leftovers
Ability: Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin
- Swords Dance

After all this team my have it's flaws but it has served me well and has been really fun to play with.
1914.png

Attachments

So I was looking for a team to begin pokémon strategy for the first time in my life, and I took this one, played it a bit.
But now I realize I should have asked that first : would it be a good team for a mega-rookie?

So I was looking for a team to begin pokémon strategy for the first time in my life, and I took this one, played it a bit.
But now I realize I should have asked that first : would it be a good team for a mega-rookie?
Maybe not, the team is actually a bit prediction reliant and also requires you to play around some specific threats like zeraora. But if you get the hang of it you surely can find succes with it.

Maybe not, the team is actually a bit prediction reliant and also requires you to play around some specific threats like zeraora. But if you get the hang of it you surely can find succes with it.
I see, I'll keep it somewhere and try to learn to play with another team and I'll re-rest it afterwards. The team actually seems fun to play
Thank you

Nice squad, bro. I've been looking for a chance to slap a Specs Sylveon on a team somewhere so I'm glad to see someone else has already had success with it!
Prediction reliant as it is, it looks sure as hell capable of holding its own if played well but I've got to say that Pex looks like a momentum-killer above anything else. While I appreciate its defensive utility and its ability to keep set-up sweepers at bay, it makes you very predictable on top of putting a wet blanket on the offensive pressure the rest of your team's been exerting. Overall, just not the best defensive pivot.
Being completely honest, I can't think much about what would make a great replacement without opening up some potential floodgates but the first thing I'd think of off the top of my head that could be useful for various reasons is Mandibuzz since Mandi can also hold back the offensive Ghosts you mentioned as well as use Taunt to prevent, or at least limit, set-up; on top of that it also has a slow U-Turn which is super helpful for getting your breakers out on switch-ins that you might not want to hard-switch into (like that Specs Kyurem in your threatlist) to maintain momentum while Foul Play keeps up offensive presence against some threats, it's for sure a better answer to Excas (at least ones that aren't running Rock Slide but even they don't like standing up to a 66%-78% from Foul Play). Of course this doesn't help your Zeraora problem or your Pex problem, and it opens up the possibility of getting 6-0ed by Sash Cloysters again and makes Vish more troublesome in exchange for the solutions it brings, but as far as improving the team's general playability it might be worth trying out (I might as well actually, and if I do I'll definitely drop a follow-up). I guess Screens support from Grimmsnarl might also be worth considering given the number of set-up mons on your team, it'll give them an easier time boosting up and coming in on threats while priority Taunt is useful too.
I wish I could give you something a bit more concrete, but hopefully this was at least somewhat helpful. Nice job again.
Mandibuzz (F) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 252 HP / 160 SpD / 96 Spe
Careful Nature
- Roost
- Taunt / Toxic
- Foul Play
- U-turn

how abt using specs magnezone instead of rotom-heat? it can beat toxa, is immune to poison and can lock threats like corvinight

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)