SpecsBro UU team.

Ok so i havent played UU in ages and this is my latest team.
I wanted to base it around Slowbro with its dw ability regenerater.
So i checked around some movesets First on the pokemon databases pokebase then Smogons.
Then i came across specsbro.

Also dont just quikly look at the team and say wooooo three pokemon weak to bug, well im asking for an umbreon replacement.

Team Building

Ok so i started with Slowbro and decided i wanted another unusual set, rarely seen on a over used pokemon in UU.
So i found mew then a swords dance set, i was unsure about using it but i tried to avoid the norm and went with it.
It sweeped many pokemon.
I now wanted another well used UU pokemon that could set up rocks.
So in came empolion, but i prefered swampert in the end as i needed rocks and great bulk, empolion had rocks and a small amount of bulk.
Then i brought in the wall, Umbreon, i use it in all my UU teams.
I normally use unusual sets for umbreon that work great such as a sucker punch set but i started seeing more of scence grace togekiss with air slash.
So i used inner focus and went for some type of standard set.
I wanted a pokemon with high powered stab electric moves with access to ice moves so in came zapdos that covers allot in UU.
Finally from past expeirience idd noticed the amount of spikes users in UU but from my past experience pokemon such as frosslass and roserade are to frail, so i settled for toxic spikes on nidoqueen.
Nidoqueen lacked offence which i also wanted on my t spike users so i lost the bulk and added offence with SpAtking nidoking.

Mew @ Life Orb

Trait: Synchronize
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Drain Punch
- Zen Headbutt
- Sucker Punch
As i said in the team building proccess i wanted to use a odd set as it can use many moves.
I settled for swords dance life orb which is great.
Mew has enough bulk to set up 2 swords dance if they let me, then almost secured OHKO drain punch to recover hp.
Sucker punch is unexpected and takes care of scarf darmanitan and its very high powered stab flare blitz.
Zen headbutt is stab and deals with roserade and does great neutral damage.

Slowbro (M) @ Choice Specs

Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 240 SAtk / 16 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Scald
- Fire Blast
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
SpecsBro isnt exactly the most common set it is rarely if ever used, and quite frankly does not get enough praise.
Stab scald with specs wrecks teams this is my favorite tank ive used in ages.
16 speed may seem odd but it alows me to outspeed other slowbros which should make shadow ball a 2hit ko or even possibly a ohko.
There are no big counters for slowbro and with bulk offence and regenerater, i find it like a lot less bulky version of Ho-oH for UU being able to take many hits and having access to great offence.

Umbreon (F) @ Leftovers

Trait: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Payback
- Curse
- Protect
- Toxic
I usually use Protect.Sucker Punch.Toxic.Confuse Ray/Yawn
That set usually works wonders though it may not look like it on paper.
But i was afraid of togekiss so i decided on the standard set with a slight adjustment.
It works ok but i may be replacing Umbreon and i would be happy to take suggestions as umbreon makes my team have 3 2x bug weakness.
Maybe duscolops?
Anyway Umbreon walls anything without a counter, though toxic hasnt been that usefull when i have toxic spikes up :L I didnt think of that.
So yeh replacements please.

Nidoking (M) @ Life Orb

Trait: Sheer Force
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Toxic Spikes
- Sludge Wave
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
T-Spikes is the main reason he is here and he does a good job.
His offence is extremely good as well with sheer force increasing the power of ice beam and sludge wave by 30% as well as getting stab and life orb boost.
He can check most of my threats and can rip open a team.

Zapdos @ Life Orb

Trait: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Heat Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-turn
Not that much to be said here, But stab thunderbolt is very powerfull and covers allot with the amount of water types in smogon UU.
Heat wave takes out tanks weak to it and hp ice covers lots in UU plus deals with flygons that are not scarfed.
U-turn scouts and can finish a pokemon off giving me a chance to adjust to the pokemon i want before next turn.

Swampert (M) @ Leftovers

Trait: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 68 Atk / 188 Def
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Roar
This guy has bulk and just like mew, its one of the most used UU pokemon.
He carries stealth rock as well as phazes while they slowly die of poisson despretlly trying to break its walling power.
Earthquake and waterfall both get stab and do decent amount even with a small investment in atk.

Ok that is the team i have used it a few times and it has been great but as i sais earlyer umbreons not doing the job like i would like it to so i would like a replacement.
Maybe a durant counter?
Im posting the team now because id rather get it close to perfect as it will get, before i start going up the ranks, i have already gone up nearly 100 in 6 battles but i can see myself though the team is good its far from perfect.

Sorry for short descriptions, i havent had much time to do this.

Not much to say here but one suggestion, Why not go for volt switch instead of U-turn on Zapdos. You get stab and it hits much harder than the former.

I would suggest roost over u-turn on moltres. It would allow it to heal LO damage and SR damage. Also due to SR weakness it can't switch freely. Also, stab thunderbolt will hit much harder than a 2x effective u-turn. Grass types are weak to both heat wave & hp-ice.
Porygon2 will be a good replacement to umbreon. This is the set-
porygon-2 @ eviolite
~trace
~252hp/252 spdef/4spA
~careful
~thunderbolt, icebeam, thunderwave, recover.
Although u could split spdef evs but u already have a physical wall in swampert. You could also change the spdef evs into spA and the nature to modest. But since u wanted a defensive mon so i suggested this.
Hope i helped & GL with your team :)

This is a pretty cool team, but it does have a weakness to a couple of common UU Pokemon that should be addressed. I like the idea of Specs Slowbro – a lot of people underestimate his power. However, using both him and Swampert on the same team is severely opening you up to Roserade, who can switch in on pretty much any move apart from Specs Psychic or Fire Blast and either decimate you with strong Leaf Storms or set up Spikes – your team appreciates neither.
As you can see from the calculations below, Roserade can decimate your entire team between Leaf Storm and Sludge Bomb.
252 SpAtk Life Orb Roserade Sludge Bomb vs 252 HP/80 SpDef Umbreon: 32.74% - 38.32%
252 SpAtk Life Orb Roserade Leaf Storm vs 252 HP/80 SpDef Umbreon: 50.25% - 59.39%
252 SpAtk Life Orb Roserade Sludge Bomb vs 4 HP/0 SpDef Zapdos: 63.66% - 74.84%
252 SpAtk Life Orb Roserade Leaf Storm vs 4 HP/0 SpDef Nidoking: 120.72% - 142.11%
252 SpAtk Life Orb Roserade Leaf Storm vs 4 HP/0 SpDef Mew: 84.5% - 99.42%
Umbereon is probably your best shot at beating it, however, after Stealth Rock, the combination of Sludge bomb and Leaf storm has a chance to 2HKO you. Even if it does not, Umbreon will be very severely weakened and useless for the rest of the match. Mew can also survive a Leaf Storm, however, with stealth rock on the field, there is only a small chance of this, while Roserade can easily switch out – Mew will be killed by stealth rock the next time it switches in. Zapdos is similar, being able to survive a Sludge Bomb but only barely with rocks factored in and it is very vulnerable to Stealth Rock or Life Orb recoil.
I honestly don’t think Umbreon is contributing a whole lot to your team, so I think you should try an offensive spiker Scolipede over it. Scolipede is able to switch into any of Roserade’s moves thanks to handy resistances offered by its bug/poison typing, in return, it can OHKO with a STAB Megahorn. Scolipede offers some useful physical offense for your team; on top of that, it can lay spikes itself; because Slowbro is so strong with specs attached, it can very easily force switches – spikes punish your opponent for this.
This change does make you a little more vulnerable to Chandelure, because although Scolipede can OHKO with its Life Orb Earthquake, it is unable to switch into any of Chandelures moves except the rare Energy Ball. To remedy this, I suggest running more special bulk on Swampert so that it is more able to handle Chandelure. You shouldn’t miss the physical bulk too much since Slowbro is still more than capable of taking a few hits for the team.
Scolipede @ Life Orb
Trait: Swarm
Jolly Nature
96 HP / 252 Atk / 160 Spe
- Spikes
- Megahorn
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
The speed EV's let it outrun max speed base 100 Pokemon such as Flygon, while attack is maximixed to help deal with Roserade and Chandelure. The remaining EV's are placed in HP so that Scolipede can take Sludge Bombs better.

I hope these changes help you!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)