Speedy Mayhem (First RMT)

INTRODUCTION
Hello fellow trainers!
I wanna start off by saying thanks for taking interest in this thread.
I am fairly new to competitive pokemon and still learning stuff.
I appreciate any advice that you can give me and am prepared to take constructive critiscism.
I also play most on the pokemon online server, not because smogon server is bad, but because the PO server generally has more UU players.

This is important to note as one of my pokes is specifically for the PO server.
Lets get started!

MEET THE TEAM

IN DETAIL

Aerodactyl (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Pressure

EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Taunt
- Roost

He was my first pick. I really like the way he looks and he seems fairly strong. Thing is, most people expect him to lead teams. He can lead but thats not what i wanted with this set. This Aerodactyl features a life orb/physical set. This may catch some people by surprise, but even if it doesnt its fairly strong. It can stop certain pokes from setting up by using taunt and it uses roost to compensate for life orb recoil. Stone edge is the preferred STAB move and earthquake is there for extra coverage.

Raikou @ Choice Specs
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Shadow Ball
- Volt Switch

Raikou is my special sweeper as opposed to Aerodactyl who is more physical. I took a specs set because i feel that adds more to the overal pokemon. Its quite fast and with the specs it hits like a special truck. Thunderbolt is the preferred stab move but also has access to HP ice and shadow ball mostly for coverage. Volt switch is there for obvious reasons as it may allow for some extra damage and switch.

Cobalion @ Life Orb
Trait: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Taunt

So yeah. Cobalion. 'Nuff said really. Hes really strong physical sweeper in UU and has great typing. Another life orb user though so this team will be taking alot of recoil damage. Most of them ARE quite speedy though and will outrun most things that aren't scarfed. Same goes for Cobalion. He really hurts even without an SD. But should he get one SD up he can start wrecking. Close Combat is the preferred STAB move and Stone Edge is there for some decent coverage. Taunt works really well so far aswell. It can usually outrun most walls and debuffers and can prevent from getting Will-O-Wisped.

Quagsire (M) @ Leftovers

Trait: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Recover
- Scald
- Toxic
- Earthquake

This is my physical wall. Unaware helps against most stat boosters and its quite bulky in its own right. This guy has won me some games so far, despite me being low ranking. Earthquake for a decent STAB move and Scald is mostly there for spreading burn. He does have toxic so he can somewhat outstall most other walls though. Recover is a very good instant recovery move. You'll have to think about using Quagsire though because he will typically get outsped by most other things.

Roselia (M) @ Eviolite
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Spikes
- Giga Drain
- Rest
- Aromatherapy

So this was the 'special PO' pokemon i was talking about. They've testbanned Roserade so i figured i tried giving this a shot. Roselia is most often my lead as opposed to Aerodactyl. Hes mainly there for spiking but also covers some of my teams weaknesses. In the event that he does survive a bit longer it can just rest and switch out thanks to Natural Cure. He can also do the same for the rest of my team with Aromatherapy. Giga Drain is just an offensive move that can be used in a pinch. Roselia with eviolite has ALOT of special defense. Like really. I've had it survive against an Alakazam who used Psychic. Yeah, its THAT good. You just have to watch out for Physical attackers as its phys. defence is still abysmal.

Victini @ Life Orb
Trait: Victory Star
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Psychic
- Grass Knot
- Focus Blast
- V-create

Its cute, but thats not why its there for. Victini is a solid last pick for my team. It rounds it out fairly well and is quite strong in its own right. V-Create does loads of damage to anything that doesnt resist it or is a wall. The rest of the moves are just for coverage. Im quite underwhelmed by Psychic damage so far though. But nonetheless, a pretty solid pokemon.

CONCLUSION
I wanna thank everyone again for reading this. This is my first team i am willing to put some real effort into and i hope it was a fun read. Please rate and give me some advice as im always hoping to improve :heart:

So far, every time i played a against trick room (i haven't played against it more than 4 times) i was able to outstall with quagsire.

Personal preference but when running a Mix-tini, I don't like the attack drop..I recommend naive or hasty.
I'd personally recommend a strictly special Victini Altogether, replace V-Create with Fire Blast. Although V-Create is an insanely powerful move, the attack drop, and lack of any Attack investment will make Fire Blast the same power as V-Create if not stronger. Altough this leaves you walled by the likes of Chansey and stuff (I don't play PO, so I'm not too familiar with banlists and all, but this is what I know from Wi-Fi).

I'd personally recommend a strictly special Victini Altogether, replace V-Create with Fire Blast. Although V-Create is an insanely powerful move, the attack drop, and lack of any Attack investment will make Fire Blast the same power as V-Create if not stronger. Altough this leaves you walled by the likes of Chansey and stuff (I don't play PO, so I'm not too familiar with banlists and all, but this is what I know from Wi-Fi).
Thanks for the suggestion, i'll try this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)