SPL General Talk Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, the regular season has ended and everyone who lost is posting their shoutout posts. I figure I might as well post one as well.

Fabbles: The Legend himself. If you look at his Skype information, you can see that his location is Haskovo, Bulgaria. (That's where he trains in the mountains, btw). Anyways....Arguably the perfect human being, Fabbles stood as the heart and soul of the BIGs. His seasons as the BIGs manager and short while as SPL host lead him here. He stuck with us through thick and thin. One would say that Fabbles was the team's wise elder who gave necessary advice to the younglings who needed it. Despite not playing since his days as a DPP champion, Fabbles took a bit of an interest in XY. Asking questions, learning, and taking in all the information given to him. He was quite fond of watching XY Ubers games. With his endless array of knowledge, Fabbles was able to predict how the game would turn out based on the team matchup and the players involved. He was truly an asset, perhaps even a hero, and I love him for that.

My actual shoutouts to come soon oO

Last edited:
Finally gonna post these. Sorry if I missed anyone!

CTI: My right hand man. The Celebi Trainer adds some much needed Chocolate Thunder to our squad. CTI always did his best to ready the players for their bouts. He is always the first to PM me when there's any sort of issue (Because he's incapable of doing anything himself LOL).

Fabbles: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/spl-general-talk-thread.3494356/page-43#post-5323679

tab: ! My other right hand. As Smogon's cutest, 9.9 loving, !pocketman posting, animal loving user, you decided to become my second assman when I didn't have one. Like CTI, you tested nigs and mostly talked to AM about stuff. Not sure what else to say, so n_n

6A9 Ace Matador: Ah, AM. Quite an enigma. People were very skeptic when I dropped 23k or something like that on you. Despite our differences in the past, you're a cool dude and you performed pretty ok given how rusty you were. Let's see if you're around next year.

AB2: Thanks for not wanting to play but playing anyways. Even with little experience with XY, you managed to play 3 close games when we were short handed on players.

aldaron: Thanks for being one of the 6 people who idle in #bigs. Chirp chirp. Edit: nvm, you took it off autojoin, asshole. Rude.

Alf': Ah, Loïc. When Hugo came to me offering you retention rights for 2k, I don't think it was a minute later when I accepted. Very versatile player who can play a bunch of tiers. With iris' untimely death, I stick you in RU instead of the intended ADV and went 4-4 there. Started strong, fell off a bit, then finished strong. Hope you stick around next season and learn to talk more. :)

badabing: Oh, badaking. The BIGs' other enigma. Despite not really caring much, I'm glad you decided to stick around. You're a really cool dude and you have quite the way of saying things. Kinda wish you tried a bit more, I can't get too mad as it was over at those points.

Boudouche: Thanks for suffering through 4 weeks of XY OU / XY Ubers. I truly thank you for playing tiers out of your comfort zone when we were short on dudes. Your record doesn't reflect what your potential is. Hopefully, you wind up on a better team that doesn't have like 10 DPPers and play your best tier 9 - 11 weeks.

CatcherAndTheRai: Thanks for playing!

Crux: =]

Delta 2777: Despite butting heads with you constantly over everything, you're not a bad guy. Your preseason helped get us a few dudes. Thanks for playing. Should have stuck you in LC from the beginning, you're a natural.

Dotteh: I love you.

Dr Ciel: After all the hard work it took for us to get you, you only joined #bigs once. Even when you got subbed in, you still never came on. You are absolutely not a team player and I would not recommend joining future team tournaments.

Floppy: King GorGie. An ideal player to have on a team. He can test most tiers, perform well, active as fuck, and he's an overall cool dude. Even when the going gets tough, the boy is optimistic about achieving victory. When I retained you, some people thought you were overpriced as 15k and I thought that you were worth every imaginary penny. If you choose to play again next year, I'd definitely retain you, despite how new you are.

Fuzznip: :D. Cute user who won games. n_n

Go10: Very, very little to say here. Sorry if the comments that people, who I will not mention the names of, said about your SPL record annoyed / offended you. T'was a shame to see you leave without any sort of notice.

harsha: What a nice boy.

High Impulse: Ah, Amir. The best performing BIG of this year. I'll be honest, after week 1, a bunch of users (who I will not name) did not have confidence in you to win games. Despite using all CTC teams throughout the season, you managed to do pretty well for yourself. Keep at it.

IFM: Despite the fact that he's a Classiest, IFM is a BIG at heart and contributed to the cause. When Floppy was low on GSC help during Week 1, IFM gave me some nice teams so I can fight the boy. Like Crux, it took a bit of convincing to get guys like Floppy / AM to keep you in the channel. HODOR.

iris: T'was rather sad when you decided not to play. Would have been pretty hype if you chose to stick around. Can't get too mad as you're iris.

Kebabe: To be honest, in the short time that you were on my team, we have not exchanged too many words to each other. Glad to have you on the team though! 2-1 in ubers!

Private: No comment, really. You never showed up.

Psychotic / SoulChef: Really wish you didn't die. I hope you enjoyed your backpacking whatever thing you were doing. If I get you again, don't make plans for random backpacking adventures, thanks. =]

Reymedy: Despite your record, you were a real cool dude to have on the team. One of the few people in the second half who were pretty active.

Shoka: The shy one. Not much to say as you didn't say too much as you were too shy to do so lol. Don't be afraid to say what you want to. Anyways, don't let your 4-4 record get you down; you're much better than what your record shows. While you didn't reach your goal of 6-3, you are a great BW OU player and I hope you stick around next season.

Tanner / BLINGAS: B L I N G A S. When I decided that I wasn't going to get a random Doubles sub-forumer who I never heard of, I opted for BLINGAS, big TIFF's older brother. Turns out that there's an All-Star in BLINGAS. Thanks for playing for the Dongsquad.

TGMD: Ah, Doom. Impulse bought you when I heard you played XY Ubers. While you didn't do too well, you certainly have the potential to be better. Keep at it.

TIWSS: When Psychotic bit the dust, his dying words were "get tiwss". I figured Psychotic knew what he was talking about and after testing, you were the real deal. While your 2-3 record doesn't show much (getting lucked =/ ), you got the potential to be a force in UU. (Plus, the ending of your battle with Jabba was dumb. Fuck Jabba imo). Hope you stick around and transition into XY.

#classiest and #scooters: A bunch of friends. Thanks for being kind and letting me idle. :]

And most importantly, PokemonMasterHSA: While you contributed absolutely nothing to my team (except false hope) and that shouldn't really merit any sort of shoutout, I figured that due to your stunning good looks and absolutely masculine voice, a shoutout is most necessary. To compare you to, say, someone like Jayde, the difference is night and day. You are above every modern Pokemon player who still has not quit this horrific game in skill because of your expertise on team building, metagame knowledge, and battling. You are certainly a threat in the current metagame and no dodriobrater stands up to you in stature. God bless you.

Also, Folgorio ;]

Ciele n_n

Jayde: Keep trying :]

jumpluff: =]

Jirachee: n_n

cbb: n_n

everyone else: n_n

Last edited:

macle

sup geodudes
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
frog shout outs

ln - thanks for letting me and joshe manage instead of you
joshe - my brother and co manager. couldn't have managed without you
heysup - you didnt do as well as we expected but when you won, you kicked ass. you're ok for a jew
lady bug - even tho you tossed to sharks i still love you and youre one of the most creative players around
dekz - when you aren't being a lil bitch, you're cool
rey - try to win more next year
soge - you are the reason i manage
AA40 - you are so cool, you should have came on irc more :(
texas - awesome guy and turned it around midseason
furai - cool dood, but why did you quit on us :(
tesung - hella cool, best newcommer
colch - best player on the team hands down, carried us all season, sorry for not getting you to the playoffs :(
zfs - this guy is sweet, even tho he didn't start a lot he still had tons of positive attitude
the chaser - you did your best
frexa - cool guy, sorry about selling you back
joim - you should have banned people to help us win :(, also you are chill even with dealing with tanner
pwnemon - (BAN ME PLEASE)
raichy - <333333333333333333333333333333333

and last shout out to zracknel for getting our new banner done at week 8

Shoutout to macle and joshe for being chill managers.
Shoutout to reyscarface for discovering me
Shoutout to dekzeh for helping me build and helping me get on the team
Shoutout to most if the other frogs besides a couple, you were almost all chill
Shoutout to my frens in the ou chat room for testin a bunch with me no matter how annoying i was

Funk, that was way more conservative than your fans wanted. If you can't please everyone, you could please me at the very least!

Valentine

Banned deucer.
Shake has played on Sharks for two years, and thought the mascot was Sharpedo until today.

[4/1/14 6:29:10 PM] Ravenn: chomp isnt even the logo
[4/1/14 6:29:12 PM] Ravenn: hello
[4/1/14 6:29:21 PM] Edgar: isnt it
[4/1/14 6:29:26 PM] Ravenn: its the shark thing
[4/1/14 6:29:28 PM] Ravenn: in the banner
[4/1/14 6:29:35 PM] Ravenn: idk why we're also garchomp
[4/1/14 6:31:04 PM] Edgar: http://puu.sh/7SGNn.png
[4/1/14 6:31:07 PM] Edgar: wat mon is it shake
[4/1/14 6:31:17 PM] Edgar: ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????!
[4/1/14 6:31:21 PM] Bartholomew: sharks just
[4/1/14 6:31:22 PM] Ravenn: LOL WAIT THATS A GARCHOMP
[4/1/14 6:31:23 PM] Ravenn: LOOOOOOOOOL
[4/1/14 6:31:24 PM] Bartholomew: ripped off
[4/1/14 6:31:26 PM] Ravenn: I NEVER EVEN REALIZED THAT
[4/1/14 6:31:28 PM] Bartholomew: san jose sharks
[4/1/14 6:31:29 PM] Bartholomew: logo
[4/1/14 6:31:30 PM] Edgar: .
[4/1/14 6:31:33 PM] Funkasaurus: galchomp
[4/1/14 6:31:34 PM] JJ: ...
[4/1/14 6:31:36 PM] JJ: u really didnt know
[4/1/14 6:31:38 PM] Edgar: LOL
[4/1/14 6:31:39 PM] JJ: that was garchomp
[4/1/14 6:31:40 PM] Ravenn: man i thought it was a sharpedo the whole time LOL
[4/1/14 6:31:40 PM] Edgar: GALCHOMP
[4/1/14 6:31:42 PM] Val: are you fuckin kiddin me what
[4/1/14 6:31:43 PM] JJ: im outta here
[4/1/14 6:31:44 PM] Funkasaurus: .
[4/1/14 6:31:44 PM] JJ: JJ has left the conversation
[4/1/14 6:31:44 PM] Val: LOOOOOL
[4/1/14 6:31:46 PM] Bartholomew: ,
[4/1/14 6:31:47 PM] Val: LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
[4/1/14 6:31:48 PM] Ravenn: LOOOOL
[4/1/14 6:31:50 PM] Edgar: Edgar added JJ to this conversation
[4/1/14 6:31:50 PM] Val: AHAHAHAHAH
[4/1/14 6:31:52 PM] Bartholomew: LOOOOOOOOL
[4/1/14 6:31:54 PM] Funkasaurus: thats
[4/1/14 6:31:55 PM] Edgar: GALCHOMP
[4/1/14 6:31:55 PM] Funkasaurus: .
[4/1/14 6:31:56 PM] Val: ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME
[4/1/14 6:31:57 PM] Val: LOL
[4/1/14 6:31:57 PM] Bartholomew: DOWN SYNDROME
[4/1/14 6:31:58 PM] Edgar: LOOOOOOOL
[4/1/14 6:31:59 PM] Val: LOOOOOOOOOOOL
[4/1/14 6:32:00 PM] JJ: nigga u are fuckin retarded
[4/1/14 6:32:03 PM] Ravenn: man i never paid that much attention i just assumed cuz it was san jose sharks
[4/1/14 6:32:04 PM] Ravenn: LOL
[4/1/14 6:32:04 PM] Edgar: GALCHOOOOMP
[4/1/14 6:32:09 PM] Funkasaurus: The Galchomp is hele
[4/1/14 6:32:18 PM] Ravenn: thats why i was wonderin why our pokemon for team battle midseason was a garchomp
[4/1/14 6:32:19 PM] Ravenn: lmfao
[4/1/14 6:32:24 PM] Bartholomew: http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/337/8/f/your_sharpedo_is_evolving__by_diggeh-duagec.png
[4/1/14 6:32:37 PM] Ravenn: man i could say april fools and say i got all of u but i seriously didnt know
[4/1/14 6:32:38 PM] Ravenn: smh
[4/1/14 6:32:45 PM] Ravenn: lmao
[4/1/14 6:32:58 PM] Funkasaurus: .
[4/1/14 6:33:05 PM] Ravenn: http://puu.sh/7SGUh.jpg
[4/1/14 6:33:07 PM] Ravenn: see look at that
[4/1/14 6:33:14 PM] Ravenn: i just assumed the sharks logo was just a sharpedo like that
[4/1/14 6:33:16 PM] Ravenn: quit hating
[4/1/14 6:33:17 PM] Ravenn: :[

Last edited:

Stratos

Banned deucer.
20:39 Pwnegone: im actually not gonna lie
20:39 Pwnegone: i thought it was a sharpedo too
20:39 Pwnegone: u___u

#leaveshakealone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)